PDA

View Full Version : The secret to succesfull commanding...

cfschris
2008-12-27, 06:18
It's pretty funny how I've read through just about every thread in this section, and each of them fail to mention the Contact Report feature.

When commanding, contact reports are your best friend. They alleviate the memory load of having to know what areas are hot and what are not, and they also inform all players of enemy locations, not just squad leaders.

When I command, I always, ALWAYS request contact reports! If a squad reports that they're being wasted by so and so up on the hill, my first response is "Contact report and what type of contact?"

Intel= key to winning. Gather it often. No need to think in tickets or make your brain hurt....knowing where the enemy is all the time will almost ensure a win! ;-)

hx.bjoffe
2008-12-27, 13:43
What's funny is that all those threads are older than the actual function.
A commander updating the map with markers is indeed helping..

Wicca
2008-12-28, 08:16
I sometimes feel that the function has been misused so much, that i almost dont trust it unless im actually talking with the Commander.

I have seen so many people misusing the contact markers.

But! If i see chris on il be sure to trust em;)

Rudd
2008-12-28, 11:00
the problem is hat the outpost icon doesnt' always delete for some reason :D

but yeah, contact reports = win.

I prefer a VOIP transmission telling me what's going on, but its a good system if the SL doesn't have VOIP.

tell you're commander when you're moving, engaging, retreating or seeking guidance.

My number one rule for squad leaders when a commander is present is 'Ask and ye shall receive, unless the artillery hasn't charged up yet.'

Smuke
2008-12-28, 15:13
Ive olny just started commanding, and have nether thought in tickets, just think in flags.

Contact reports are useful, but the enemy move so much it gets outdated after a few mins.

cfschris
2008-12-28, 17:10
Ive olny just started commanding, and have nether thought in tickets, just think in flags.

Contact reports are useful, but the enemy move so much it gets outdated after a few mins.

That's why there's a nifty clear option:-P . I usually never think In tickets until we're 50 left. At that point you have to start being real careful

McBumLuv
2008-12-28, 17:40
That's why there's a nifty clear option:-P . I usually never think In tickets until we're 50 left. At that point you have to start being real careful

I played Al basrah with you yesterday, on the Brit side on TTP. Wish you weren't having that get together with the enemy commander :-P, I would've enjoyed playing with a commander like you.

cfschris
2008-12-28, 19:35
I played Al basrah with you yesterday, on the Brit side on TTP. Wish you weren't having that get together with the enemy commander :-P, I would've enjoyed playing with a commander like you.

My god! Worst round I ever played. Squads wouldn't build where I told them, go where I told them, and on top of that only three squads had mic! It was Ridiculous. But at least the meeting was fun :-P