PDA

View Full Version : [AAR] Skirmishing on Tad Sae

Tartantyco
2008-12-07, 15:46
-Tad Sae is officially the most awesome map ever. Dissent is not allowed. During the last three days I've actually played this map several times and today was awesome.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a92/Tartantyco/Tadsaetales.jpg

Me - SL
Hetan - Medic
Aurvangir - Rifleman
[NOR]Sandmarken - Rifleman
.:iGi: Kamaradski - Rifleman
(Patterson something - Temp. Medic)

(BLACK)My squad(USA) spawns in at the river, 1 medic and 2 riflemen, and we swim across to the other side. Aurvangir is on point while we move north along the D grid. Two squads are on the way to Village, one is headed for Outpost.

(YELLOW)As we're about 200m into the woods from the road Aurvangir spots an enemy squad ahead, we drop and observe. As they move over the ridge we follow them up, a whole squad + change and rally point is lying prostrate in open ground attacking Village. My squad lines up on the ridge and on my order we engage at once. About 8 seconds later they're all pretty much down, I move in while the squad suppresses and throw a frag in the general direction of the enemy rally. The rest of the squad moves in, we secure the area and head north to round up anyone who managed to escape.

(RED)As we continue up north with Aurvangir in point we come across an enemy squad moving west. As our current objective is to flank around Temple to cut off or delay reinforcements we leave them alone. We're about parallel with Temple when Aurvangir spots another squad around 40m north and 10m east of our position. I try to get some overview of the area before we engage but we're spotted before this happens and our squads engage in a 10 min(At least) skrimish in the area, an extremely even match up where they gain some ground, then we gain some ground. At some point I think we'd both switched positions and they were to the south while we were to the north. Neither side manages to push the other back to their rally and this goes on for quite a while until either we wipe them out, take out their rally or they fall back(I'm not quite sure, Aurvangir said something about their rally but I didn't quite catch it). It was a ferocious fire fight where each side kept outflanking the other, penetrating each other's lines and engaging in hand to hand combat at certain times. We eventually surround and take out two medics before they disappear.

(BLUE)During this clash our team had managed to cap Temple but by the time our skirmish had ended the flag was being neutralized and so my squad secured our area and moved towards the north side of Temple. I sent Aurvangir north to scout out our flank and then mett up with us a little further east. All was clear and we moved up towards the north side of Temple. Up ahead we could hear scattered gunfire and a few frags going off so I told my squad below the ridge while I took a peek over it. One PLA medic was running around, unaware of the US squad looming just over the next hill. I got my squad up on the hill and we took him out with ease. We continued onwards and spread out a little to search the area when I saw something in the grass. About 2m ahead of me were two medics lying in the grass. I put my rifle on auto and take them both out. I assume that the danger has passed when a few shots land just behind me, one of my SMs had taken out a third medic lying around in the grass just behind me.

At this point the round ended and as is the curse of the recon squads we all probably finished below the 21 mark on the score list(But who cares). Thank you Nickbond for this awesome map.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a92/Tartantyco/Tadsaetales.jpg

McBumLuv
2008-12-07, 16:08
^Awesome game! I've had good games on Tad Sae, Cars are very powerful and fast, but are severely impeded by the dense jungle. I've played as chinese and we set up a couple hmgs over looking the road at temple, and man, we layed wast with those things :grin:

Nickbond592
2008-12-29, 16:50
Finally, a good reveiw of my map,
Thankyou for playing it ! i hope you have many good rounds on it to come :)
Reading this just made my day

evya
2008-12-29, 17:43
yep, a great map but it ends to fast always:(

McBumLuv
2008-12-29, 18:39
Nickbond592;882587']Finally, a good reveiw of my map,

Ya, nickbond, I've gotta say, it can be a very movie and eerie map at times. Actually, this is the best map for learning how to drive cars without flipping them, after a few rounds of active driving through this map I've reduced my vehicle flips three-fold :p

It's great fun to build firebases, too. I can't recall if this has a CnC mode, but it would be awesome (if only more people could learn how to get those trucks through the jungle :))

Tartantyco
2008-12-29, 19:00
-I doubt you could fit 4 FOBs on the map. ;)

McBumLuv
2008-12-29, 19:04
-I doubt you could fit 4 FOBs on the map. ;)

I know, you wouldn't be able to get them to fit on their respective sides of the map (they'd probably end up close to enemy FOBs as well), and the enemy could probably hear the command trucks from their main, but it would be so kewl :mrgreen:

Smuke
2008-12-30, 19:00
Never really had a chance to fully experience Tad Sae.

Conman51
2008-12-31, 06:54
Nickbond592;882587']Finally, a good reveiw of my map,

i actually like that map sometimes...its a slaughter fest but if you have a organized squad that looks around and is alert..it can turn out some pretty good games.....keep making maps dude no matter what people say

Pressondude
2008-12-31, 16:35
Tad Sae is a great map! I had an experience sort like that.

Scandicci
2008-12-31, 18:17
Never really had a chance to fully experience Tad Sae.

ditto. I have seen it once maybe twice.

I would really like to play it a few times as both sides to get a feel for it.

labonte95
2014-07-03, 23:08
more Tad Sae!