http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3oQG8xXcos&feature=related

*unless this is old*
I HOPE THIS STILL COMES OUT
AND OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
TOPOGRAPHICAL MAPS

Go CodeRedFox!:D

Raniak
2008-11-30, 21:11
It's the old version of Korengal, before CRF was a dev.

He removed the topographical minimap because the other devs said something along the lines of "It's either all maps with topographical minimaps or none.", if I remember correctly.

Wilkinson
2008-11-30, 21:19
awwww...it lookedd so much better!

Scot
2008-11-30, 21:28
Yeah, that is Korengal Valley named as Khara Afghanistan IIRC. Pretty ninja looking, but Korengal is the one for me :D <3

G.Drew
2008-11-30, 21:36
OMG YOU LOVE SHOUTING DONT YOU!?

It doesnt matter what the hell your posting:

Never post a thread with a title thats all in caps. Period.

sunshine1991
2008-11-30, 21:54
I THINK korengal is worst map ever its not look like real location or city or vilage or anithing this map just fail

Edit: User was warned for general attitude problem.

=Romagnolo=
2008-11-30, 21:57
Korengal is awesome, but my machine sufers to run it =/

Zeppelin35
2008-11-30, 22:00
I THINK korengal is worst map ever its not look like real location or city or vilage or anithing this map just fail

My God! Someone get this man to a doctor immediatly, he's delusional!

Spec
2008-11-30, 22:03

Uhm... you know... few maps do really look like their "real" counterpart, mainly due to playability and size limits... And due to the fact that there is no MEC, and no fights between PLA and NATO. Some maps do look real of course (Muttrah 2 for example looks just like the real thing if you don't look at every single building and their number), while Jabal for example isnt exaclty realistic (dam wrong, no way the carrier could get there etc).

There have been much worse maps. Some of the vanilla maps to begin with (i remember when maps like Ja[add any number >1 of "la"s here]bad were still in PR^^)...

And from the "graphical" look and the gameplay, Korengal is awesome. One of the best looking maps, even though its small. It doesnt play like a small map.

Scot
2008-11-30, 22:08

You sir, lie.

:p

But really, Korengal is awesome, just not played right in most pub games, when it is, boy it's fun.

PRC_Heavy_Z
2008-11-30, 22:09

You have the right to opinion, however I'd recommend you be more respectful of other's work. Especially considering how much time was spent perfecting and testing the map.

unrealalex
2008-11-30, 22:14
It's a pretty awesome map but the caves are a bit irritating.

In the video, I see a sniper rifle that is like a pickup kit. WHAT THE EFF.

Dude...fast ropes in PR (serious)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

o wait its actually this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8ONQfm_uBs&feature=related

charliegrs
2008-11-30, 22:34

i hope you got a flame suit

bosco_
2008-11-30, 22:36

Slagging off one of the best looking maps ever created for BF2 while talking out of your ass... not a good idea.

Rebel-NOR
2008-11-30, 22:39
I agree also, remeber when I wainted for 0.8 then I spotted that! British in the mountin is good, LR are not really made for driving into towns, but in landscaps

General Dragosh
2008-11-30, 23:00

GOD Shall strike u with all his might :twisted:

And if its not a god than it'll be a DEV :twisted::twisted::twisted:

Or me, buwahahahahahaha *cought* :twisted:

Scot
2008-11-30, 23:08
Someone call the MODs:

http://www.spiegel.de/img/0,1020,847339,00.jpg

G.Drew
2008-11-30, 23:17
ALERT!
http://www.bushywood.com/media/media_images/policeman_shooting_plastic_bullets_at_demonstrator s_in_eattle.jpg
INCOMING!

vilhelm123
2008-11-30, 23:26

V3y3QoFnqZc

Nuff said.

Eddiereyes909
2008-12-01, 00:06
Gentlemen, get back on topic.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, however wrong they may be.

However, disrespect is something I will not tolerate.

Colonelcool125
2008-12-01, 00:14

LIES!

It looks like the Korengal Valley. Therefore, your point is moot.

Raniak
2008-12-01, 03:25
Wasn't he just using sarcasm ?

dagoober
2008-12-01, 03:31
the only thing i dont like about it is that everyone switches to the american team. i have played it arround 20 times and never been on the american team because everyone teamswitches and there ends up being 5 more people on american than on ins.

/rant

Water_Is_Poison18
2008-12-01, 03:34
the only thing i dont like about it is that everyone switches to the american team. i have played it arround 20 times and never been on the american team because everyone teamswitches and there ends up being 5 more people on american than on ins.

/rant
As far as I can tell, this happens with all insurgency maps.

CodeRedFox
2008-12-01, 03:42
Hey guys, sarcasm or not hes been dealt with by the Mod's, so if you would like to comment on Korengal use the feedback area. Its the only place I do listen to any opinions :-D

@mistryman3213 yeah it use to be named Khana and Khara, but named changed after a while. Some did like it better with out any tress, but once I started to play with it I wanted to push the limit of a small map. The topo maps were when I thought this was just going to be a community release but that changed to match the rest of the MOD, maybe in the future. You can voice your support in the topo thread (check the search).

@dagoober Yeah noobs do that. :-P Maybe the gameplay will change so much in the future the opposite might start happening ;-)

black-wolf
2008-12-01, 06:46
I remember me pm'ing codered on youtube to ask if the dutch armed forces comunity mod could use this map :D

mp5punk
2008-12-02, 22:22
looks really good.