PDA

View Full Version : Terrible squads.

Wags
2008-11-10, 07:56
I'm not really posting advice, but asking a question. How do I deal with a 'bad' squad member/members. I usually find myself dealing with some guy that refuses to do what I tell him, or even cooperate with the team. Sometimes its the whole squad that is uncooperative. Whenever I say something like,"Hey! You need to help!" They usually just yelled back,"No," followed by an insult of some kind. I don't like working alone, so if they will not cooperate through the whole length of the round, I just join another squad; although, I will not be able to be squad leader.

Mj Pain
2008-11-10, 08:04
Well, try this.
Use Kickthreat (follow orders or i will kick u).
If this doesn´t work.
Use Kickbutton:D
Rest of the squad usually starts to respond better.

Scandicci
2008-11-10, 09:32
When you are SL, I agree with Mj Pain. Just warn the player that you will kick them if they continue to do whatever it is that is taking away from the squad. I usually tell the person that I am happy to have them in the squad but that he/she has to conform to the squad's goals, and then I kick. If they come back they will usually fall in line.

If you are commander and an entire squad is taking away from the team then I do not know what to tell you. It happens so much that commanders should figure it into the battle plan. I do not command normally and so I do not deal with this aspect of disciplining squads. To my knowledge there is no function available to a commander that is analogous to the kick function available to a SL.

Does anyone have suggestions for disciplining squads?

Wags
2008-11-10, 17:31
you could always just yell at them xD
Nah, I actually did that once, this guy kept insulting me and I couldn't make him shut up. So I yelled, right through VOIP....got kicked from the server, didn't realize the guy I was yelling at was an admin :(

dbzao
2008-11-11, 13:34
A reason to not play on that server.

Tell him he should stay together with the squad and kick him. If he comes back he will probably be a better asset. If he doesn't, you just saved yourself from a lot of headache.

Dirtboy
2008-11-11, 15:40
Alot of servers have rules against this kind of behavior. I know that Tactical Gamer has a rule that you must follow SL/CO orders. I believe that TTP and T&T has this as well. I would just let an admin know and I am sure that they will take care of it. And if not, Just play on a different server.

cat
2008-11-20, 03:56
The problem is quite the opposite. In most cases it is bad SLs that turn off the teamplay for me. Either by 1) being complete idiots or 2) being assholes. Many players have a lot of experience to be a good player and a good squad member. They can survive on their own. however if following a bad SL gets them killed they will learn to avoid following SLs.

Wicca
2008-11-20, 12:43
Spank them if they misbehaves :P

No just kidding, i yell at people or i tell them to get over here before i do something very bad to their jewels(Full metal jacket style) and it seems to work, and it also pulls a smile on them, and they usually laugh. Thats rewarding, and you get to swear:D

Mj Pain
2008-11-20, 12:56
Haha. yeah Wicca. i remember one time i played with you.
First i was like...wut, is this guy for real. But then we all got into it, replying to orders with a big SIR, YES, SIR.:smile:

Portable.Cougar
2008-11-21, 09:08
Establish yourself as the lead person in the group, Alpha if you will.
- Let it be known that when you are speaking they should be listing. Take the time to do a mic check of the squad. If a player doesn not have a mic make sure they can at least understnad you. Establish squad member roles early on and maintain them.

Give out calm assertive orders.
- I know that in my server (TG - TacticalGamer.com, shameless plug)there is a large group of personilitys, countrys, languages and the like. Take the time to give easy to understand orders. Move markers, fire conditions, enemy locations. All these things should be expressed as easy to understand as possible.

Reward good work.
- "nice shot" "good job" "heres a cookie" These simple rewords can go along way to keep squad morale up as well as keep the 5 green guys with you.

Stay respectfull
- dont yell at people, do not talk down to them. If someone is not functiong 100% for your squad let them know that, the remove them. There is no need for you to be rude.

Remain Vigilant
-Keep that intel comming, keep rewoding them, stay calm and assertive, keep watch of your squads movements with the group. Make sure you dont have lone wolfs.

Any actions that seem to hurt the squad should be punished.
- Wondering off, Sniper, Spec ops kits, things that are not helping are hurting. A simple warn than kick works well.

After the round I try to play with the same people again if they worked well, If they did not that I will let someone else in the squad.

Rudd
2008-11-21, 10:07
If the person is just doing stuff I don't want in my squad, e.g. spec ops or piloting in my infantry squad, then I just say
"sorry mate, I need your slot for another guy" kick
if he's doing something wrong, 1 warning, another warning with a time limit (you have 30 seconds), kick
If he gives me agro, kick (and if I'm on my clan's server and he gives me or other clan members undeserved agro, then kick from server)

stozzcheese
2008-11-21, 12:49
a guy joined my armor squad the other day and went sniper then got pissed off when i kicked him...