PDA

View Full Version : Leading when gettin powned!

cyberzomby
2008-07-27, 10:30
Hey guys,

I just came from a Kashan Dessert round as squadleader where our team got ownd really hard. The beginning was all fine and dandy with my squad moving in on bunkers. When this happens I know what to say and how to lead my squad. ( well kinda, im still learning )

But as soon as our team gets owned it goes wrong. And with owned I mean: After 7 attempts defending US outpost it goes down. We got enemy armor all over and our team's armor isnt anywhere to be seen. usually when this happens I dont know what to do. We can defend the main-base but as soon as the enemy armor roles up there were dead again! What do the more experience squad leaders usualy do when this happens?

General_J0k3r
2008-07-27, 10:42
i whine :D

honestly, if you're facing several armor as a six man squad and all H-AT kits gone + no support by your team there's nothing you can do really...

just try and keep up the fighting not wasting too many tickets

thedoombringer0
2008-07-27, 11:55
Well when im in that situation there are a few things i may try:

Firstly i myself and a few other guys would run around and draw fire while engies c4 the armour but this only works if they are up close.

Secondly hide within flag radius to halt cap.

thirdly run and regroup rearm and counter attack

AnRK
2008-07-27, 13:59
If it's really that bad, try and regroup, and in the worlds of Monty Python "Run away!!!!!".

Unfortunately alot of people aren't up for this, and run into the action like headless chickens and get stressed out cos they keep dying...

Tartantyco
2008-07-27, 14:28
RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY!
http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_pictures/grail/large/HolyGrail181.jpg

cyberzomby
2008-07-27, 14:36
Ah ok thanks. Good to hear I just wasnt being a rookie squad leader. I was thinking there wasnt that much I could do but you never know.

WildBill1337
2008-08-07, 01:23
well youre on kashan. that map sucks unless you have a tank or jet. if you dont have support from those assets, but the enemy does, you might as well just sit at the main base and wait for them to spawn, otherwise youll just get gunned down by a coaxial from a mile away and lose countless tickets.

Skodz
2008-08-24, 11:03
When allied armor lose the battle against ennemy armor on heavy vehicle maps, inf squad are basically screwed most of the time... Except if you have a very good H-AT buddy. And since there is little to no cover for infantry on big vehicle maps, you can't try to sneak in.

Reddish Red
2008-08-24, 11:07
What I do:

Lose with style.

Wicca
2008-08-24, 20:54
Think it was a good idea to make the armor come closer, then c4 it, or trap it with mines or smt.

Rabban666
2008-08-25, 11:00
There is only one choice in this situation.

The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/4/41/Holyhandgrenade.jpg

Instructions for Use

"...And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this Thy hand grenade that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy." And the Lord did grin and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats and large chu... [At this point, the friar is urged by Brother Maynard to "skip a bit, brother"]... And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it." Amen."

Wicca
2008-08-25, 13:45
Stop with the Monty pyton jibberish, this is a thread on how to engage tanks when in an infantry squad.

I was thinking, smoke, mine on the smoke, lure the tanks in.... BOOOM!

Anywho, are those coconuts?

cyberzomby
2008-08-25, 14:40
Its not really about pwning tanks as infantry. Its when your getting pwned by all sorts of things. Even better infantry squads. What do you do as a squadleader when all you try fails.

Claymore
2008-08-25, 19:08
Ok, I'm not a squadleader very often but when all I try fails, I try not to die. Move away from the enemy and only fight when the odds are completely on my side. Even if it means camping 10 minutes on a spot with detonator, waiting for a truck to go over bridge. If that's not possible, I disconnect. I play to have some fun, not to get frustrated.

GreedoNeverShot
2008-08-25, 19:08
Well, if you are being attacked by armor... then kill it!
tell a squad member to hop on a TOW or grab AT and flank the armor. If you blow up the armor, everything becomes much easier.

If you are getting killed by Aircraft... then kill it!
Hop on an AA gun or tell a squad member to grab AA kit

If you are getting killed by Infantry...

then you fail...

Polden
2008-08-31, 08:39
It can sometimes be embaracing to be a SL in this kind of situation, if constant death is a locked in future, and a round loss is most certainly coming your teams way, just try to enjoy it, joke around with the guys or something. I guess im just telling you to keep your experience positive. :mrgreen:

Fatal-M
2008-09-05, 10:34
if i was in that situation , i would keep my head down along with my soldiers and wait for some help , that way u can keep ur down from the tank shells , and u can suppress enemy infantry if they try to get in :)

eventually air support will be there (if that was a 64) and u can G.L.T.D and all the tanks are gonna be down in no time , or u can wait for some friendly armour support that will give u the advantage to flank ur enemy and outsmart them ;)

smee
2008-09-15, 14:40
There are certain point's you can't do much but see the tickets just bleed away. IF you don't have a commander you have watch the map more.

A lot of the time you should remember most of the squads will only attack. Take a position to build and defend. Try to get your members to hold on rally till you know what kits are needed.

Sometimes I have gotten everyone to rally as engineers, and drop mines as a starting defending a position, Then grab special kits.

=]H[=TangFiend
2008-10-12, 14:15
If your squad is getting blasted . .ambushed or assaulted. Get on that CAPS lock key and start mapping out the situation in your head. Your not gonna kill your way out so use your noodle.

STAY COOL STAY COOL STAY COOL

Can't emphasize that one enough. Control your man-voice and at least give the illusion you have a clue what to do next. Keep your respawning boys together, encourage them to get the restricted kits. Try different approaches or tactics. If you have a commander call (V*key)for help. If you don't have the offensive tools to deal with the threat try a tactical retreat save some tickets.

If the round is going totally down the toilet, find the humor and keep the mood light. Hell even the Titanic had a band before it went under.

cyberzomby
2008-10-12, 19:05
Nice tips and I can agree with you now that Ive been squadleader some more.

Bushrag
2008-10-12, 19:48
Being a squad leader on a fair basis... When and if I get stuck in a situation with enemy armor and no feasible way to take it out using my squad (No H-AT, Mines, etc.)... I go to caps lock and try and get my WHOLE teams attention, try and get any friendly aircraft in the area attention, let them now the armor position (Ex. ENEMY ARMOR D5 kp2), at that point pull out your GLTD or whatever it's called and laser that target for the aircraft. During all this, keep your squad hidden, only fire if fired upon... Remember, if the enemy armor knows your there, then your screwed, if they don't, you have the upper hand.

PFunk
2008-10-21, 18:05
The way I see it, if you're getting absolute clown f*%#ed then you really have to give up on trying to be some USMC by the book squad and look to the underdog tactics. Pretend you're either guerrillas or spec ops. SAS don't go head long into tanks. Tiny regiment of guys that when in a war zone ambush, fortify, attack only when they take an advantage.

Real war involves retreat too. You don't always have to keep attacking the point. If you know you alone can't make it happen let the point go, retreat and fortify along the way to the next point or as I've tried a few times skirmish into the enemy territory, attack him as he moves to the newly secured point. It seems like people think that when the map shows a point captured all the territory behind it is safe. Ambush them as they move to the point and maybe just maybe you'll buy the rest of your team enough time or advantage to take back the point.

I think also not trying to annihilate the enemy is a good approach. Just pester him, damage him, find his spawn points and knife them. Harry him. Go Vietcong on his ass. Then if your team actually turns it around you might stand a chance of doing some real territory acquisition.

But in the above mentioned scenario vs. tanks on a modern battlefield you really can't do anything except run, try and delay them as much as you can, and hope some jag off hasn't stolen the last HAT.

Death_dx
2008-10-22, 06:54
Hey guys,

I just came from a Kashan Dessert round as squadleader where our team got ownd really hard. The beginning was all fine and dandy with my squad moving in on bunkers. When this happens I know what to say and how to lead my squad. ( well kinda, im still learning )

But as soon as our team gets owned it goes wrong. And with owned I mean: After 7 attempts defending US outpost it goes down. We got enemy armor all over and our team's armor isnt anywhere to be seen. usually when this happens I dont know what to do. We can defend the main-base but as soon as the enemy armor roles up there were dead again! What do the more experience squad leaders usualy do when this happens?

If the armour was the biggest problem, avoidance may have been a solution. Personally I would've attempted to avoid the armour till they moved after the next flag, then you can go in and cap it much faster than they are able to cap your last flag.