PDA

View Full Version : Australian Defence Force suggestions.

+SiN+headhunter
2008-04-09, 06:27
Post any suggestions in this thread.

Dylan
2008-04-09, 08:18
Sure, I got one...
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f206-australian-forces-mod/37968-australian-defence-force-

Rename your sig to PR Community Mod now... ;)

AllYourBase11
2008-04-09, 08:18
Less of a suggestion and more of an offer, am happy to provide voices/grunts/screaming or crying for the ADF mod. I guess it would be weird to hear myself but whatever. Whats the easiest way to do that? I can't photoshop or code or skin, so I guess this is the best way i can contribute

nedlands1
2008-04-09, 08:27
Dylan;649399']Sure, I got one...
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f206-australian-forces-mod/37968-australian-defence-force-

Rename your sig to PR Community Mod now... ;)

Touché.

With regards to voices, we already have lots of people who have offered their voice talents. There is even one who apparently has access to a professional studio. Get in line with the rest! :grin:

Rhino
2008-04-09, 08:33
We also had many brits who "offered" to do some sound recordings but after they saw the list of what they had to they ran off in a flash...

+SiN+headhunter
2008-04-09, 08:37
yes our mate olie has a sound studio n stuff.

AllYourBase11
2008-04-09, 08:55
Roger. Thought I'd try to help. Anything else a useless shite can do to help? Learn to code perhaps?

Rhino
2008-04-09, 09:05
Modding Tutorials - Project Reality Forums (https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f189-modding-tutorials/)

http://bfeditor.org/forums/

loads of info for you there if you want to start.

Proff3ssorXman
2008-04-23, 09:45
I'd really love to help in any way possible. I could probably find some info or something, maybe pictures. I don't really know how to photoshop but I spose I could learn. Maybe help out with some skins. Just let me know. Other than that I just really want to get involved.

Cheers

Xavo

Chanvlan
2008-04-23, 10:13
Ok if you want to see this idea in action download the Australian Defences Forces Mod for BF2 i rekon its awsome and it shows all the weapons. Incl attack helly, sniper, all guns, grenades, and jets. and even their transport. here the link to main website Battlefield 2: Australian Forces (http://www.users.on.net/~arkanis/bf2/)

and the link to download v1.01 -
Internode Games Network File Library :: Battlefield 2: Australian Forces 1.01 Client - bf2aus_1.01.exe (No Registration Required) (http://games.internode.on.net/filelist.php?filedetails=12252)

Shotgun
2008-04-23, 10:41
yep we know about this mod, all it is, is BF2 with a few changes. The mod team appear/have fallen apart and are no longer continuing with the mod.

they did well but this community mod is a very different concept eg realism, correct places of engagement and correct enemies.

Chanvlan
2008-04-23, 11:24
ARGHH! WHAT! your kidding me they had the grenade and all, stuff it lets just steal the guns and stuff from this other mod :P jsut kidding

Rudd
2008-04-23, 11:29
ARGHH! WHAT! your kidding me they had the grenade and all, stuff it lets just steal the guns and stuff from this other mod :P jsut kidding

well, if their mod team has fallen apart, surely they will let u guys cannabalise their stuff, just don't say cannabalise :wink:

Maxfragg
2008-04-23, 11:48
men, you urgently need a better leadership, the aus forces have already been asked to share some contend, but they don't want to

AncientMan
2008-04-23, 11:56
We have asked, reasked, and asked yet again if the Aus Forces mod wished to share content with us. They don't want to, and they are well within their rights to decline the offer. So we are making all the stuff ourselves, and doing quite well, maybe even better than what they had to offer in the first place. So drop trying to get content from the Aus Forces mod ok, the amount of times they've been asked is not funny.

mikethebear
2008-07-03, 11:43
you guys need a pimped out M4 for the special forces class. i recon it needs a really cool scope, firing sound, and some other things to make it look awesome, kinda like the one in +SiN+headhunter's display pic. also australian special forces use USP's so you might want to replace the regular pistol with that

triggerhappY|PR
2008-08-08, 07:56
thought up sum suggestions for ADF map scenarios:
ADF vs militia/insurgents in East Timor
ADF vs insurgents in Afganistan
ADF vs MEC in Iraq, possibly Al Assad Airfield, a place captured by the SAS in 2003
ADF vs insurgents in Solomon Islands (lots of peacekeeping action)
ADF vs China somewhere in Indonesia

ill try learning to code and make a USP model or something

azn_chopsticks_boi
2008-08-08, 08:45
There is already a USP :)

Kenny
2008-08-11, 07:53
what about the f-111 or is that only air force
the SR-25----havent seen anything?
Maby someone could make a RBS 70 for a commander deployable object?a change from the normal AA
AW50F please I promise I wont shoot holes in everything XD

SytheAvenger
2008-10-18, 09:23
Australian forces vs china on kokoda track or anywhere in the pacific.
i think this would be a great idea because
if a war did happen against china and America who do
you think would want us flanking china? just like WWII lol

catwaterboy
2008-10-20, 08:19

I agree.

+SiN+headhunter
2008-10-22, 11:33
thanks for all these suggestions.
WE are taking note

ReconAus
2008-10-22, 12:22
I disagree with this completely. Yes in WWII this seemed like a logical thing to do for the Japanese when they lost the battle of the coral sea, but nowadays no modern army would try and invade a country along the Kokoda track.
1. You could not bring any Armour support what so ever because the track is not wide enough and its to hilly.
2. In the wet season it can get very, very muddy with some areas getting as deep as 20- 30cm deep.
3. It would be one of the hardest things to map if you wanted to do it realistically, which is the only way to do it .
4. Papua New Guinea is no longer considered part of Australia.

Recon

SytheAvenger
2008-10-23, 06:44
ok fine then no kokoda track.....
but still anywhere in the pacific would
be nice i just thought it would be fun making
a map like that then playing on it.
i just want a map that isn't set in the desert

ReconAus
2008-10-23, 07:01
ok fine then no kokoda track.....
but still anywhere in the pacific would
be nice i just thought it would be fun making
a map like that then playing on it.
i just want a map that isn't set in the desert
MadHouse has this covered. he told me he was working on a jungle map in indo somewhere from what i remember.

Recon

shifty66
2008-11-06, 01:46
Well if it was Australia and china i don't think there would be much fighting in the desert anyway mate. Unless the Chinese have pushed into central Australia?

As a suggestion im sure its been mentioned and im sure its going to be done but it is crucial to have proper Australian voices and no over the top voices. Cause im sure all the other Aussies here realize we don't all speak like the croc hunter...:wink:

Truism
2008-12-12, 07:22
Most of the fighting in the China-US fight in the BF2 universe is pretty well into Chinese territory. It seems logical that the US' "close friends", particularly regional ones, would be right there with them.

Just throw us some assymetrical fights in China, they get tanks, trans helos and APCs, we get an attack helicopter or two and our tough as nails infantry.

anglomanii
2009-05-14, 10:33
i wonder if Gladstone would make a nice ADF defensive map?.

[MPN]Slouch2
2009-05-14, 14:54
i wonder if Gladstone would make a nice ADF defensive map?.

... why? Apart from the Port and hosting a few Marines during Tandem Thrust each year, what significance does it have?

Are you from there? I grew up in Rockhampton.

Tonnie
2009-05-14, 14:55
[MPN]Slouch2 where are you based?

WallyJas
2009-05-15, 02:35
I would have thought that a Chinese invasion would be focussed on the NW shelf and Darwin actually .... that is where all the vital assets are. ;)

Tonnie
2009-05-15, 03:57
Well if it was Australia and china i don't think there would be much fighting in the desert anyway mate. Unless the Chinese have pushed into central Australia?

As a suggestion im sure its been mentioned and im sure its going to be done but it is crucial to have proper Australian voices and no over the top voices. Cause im sure all the other Aussies here realize we don't all speak like the croc hunter...:wink:

Dont worry mate this wont happen lol last thing we need is hearing random crap like

Aussie 1 "Two blokes seen mate!"
Aussie 2 "Fair dinkum, where are they!"
Aussie 1 "Down the road you Drongo."
Aussie 2 "Right then do the Hard yacka and get them basterds!"
Aussie 3 "Dam it mate there Mad as a cut snake!"
Aussie 2 "Pull ya head in!, run them basterds!"
Aussie 1 "right shut ya traps and dont Spit the dummy, lets get them!"
Aussie 2 "you little ripper!!"

Bloke - a man.

Down the road - term indicating distance but no particular distance, it could be a few hundred metres but may be a few hundred miles.

Drongo - slow-witted or stupid person.

Fair dinkum - real, genuine, true.

Hard yacka - hard work.

Spit the dummy - get very upset about something.

Mad as a cut snake - Going crazing
http://www.ahajokes.com/cartoon/aussieman.jpg
http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/upfromaustralia/aussielingo.gif

Warpig-
2009-05-15, 04:52
Please god, no. lol

I mean, Oaaaww fark owf!

RAW HOMICIDAL
2009-05-15, 05:10
i like tonnies australian slang.

we need more slang in the game!

Tonnie
2009-05-15, 06:39
haha except the aussie army is quite disciplined in the way they talk and conduct themselves in a contact... There for theres no real slang being used in combat its more spotting enmys and pointing out distance and directions and shiz like that theres no time for "Ya wanna nother beer mate?"

Warpig-
2009-05-15, 08:34
i like tonnies australian slang.

we need more slang in the game!

Deal, if all the American radio commands are replaced by "YEEEEEEEEEEEHAWWWW"

We don't use that kind of slang as much as you'd think. Especially if you've ever seen any vids of Aussie troops in combat, theres plenty of cussin' lol. But it's not ocka at all.

mikethebear
2009-05-15, 10:37
Deal, if all the American radio commands are replaced by "YEEEEEEEEEEEHAWWWW"

We don't use that kind of slang as much as you'd think. Especially if you've ever seen any vids of Aussie troops in combat, theres plenty of cussin' lol. But it's not ocka at all.

lol i would love to hear swearing in the aussie radio commands

Tonnie
2009-05-15, 10:44
As much as we do swear its very strict on how to use a radio, if you were to swear into a radio even if you were being shot at you can be charged.

Warpig-
2009-05-15, 10:47
Yeah I wouldn't imagine it'd be on radio chatter. Underfire and shouting though, yeah I wouldn't doubt it lol

[MPN]Slouch2
2009-05-15, 10:57
If anything Australian radio chatter tends to be a little under-emphasized. If a company was surrounded, taking heavy effective fire, and running out of ammo if you asked the company commander how things were going all he would say is "We're in a spot of trouble, yes."

Truism
2009-05-17, 14:46
Slouch2;1023449']If anything Australian radio chatter tends to be a little under-emphasized. If a company was surrounded, taking heavy effective fire, and running out of ammo if you asked the company commander how things were going all he would say is "We're in a spot of trouble, yes."

But his platoon commanders would probably all be shitting bricks.

[MPN]Slouch2
2009-05-17, 22:48
But his platoon commanders would probably all be shitting bricks.

Oh I would have to disagree- the following video is after the initial start of a fairly heavy contact. The lad talking at the start of the video is the platoon commander.

Afghanistan contact

Truism
2009-05-18, 02:56
Seen that before, we probably all have, but he's not surrounded, taking effective fire at all (let alone heavy) and seems to have plenty of ammo.

anglomanii
2009-05-21, 22:48
just as another random thought/suggestion. and i would like constructive comment here.
is it impossible to replace the wrench and wrench functions on a combat engineer, with say a oxy torch(the small handheld one), and if possible how much can you tweek the functions of a wrench/oxy torch to perform more tasks?

Tonnie
2009-05-21, 23:46
just as another random thought/suggestion. and i would like constructive comment here.
is it impossible to replace the wrench and wrench functions on a combat engineer, with say a oxy torch(the small handheld one), and if possible how much can you tweek the functions of a wrench/oxy torch to perform more tasks?

I think this may unbalence the game??? maybe i dunno.... As for making it do more thats coding witch is someone elses job :P

anglomanii
2009-05-22, 04:06
i am really only thinking of a aesthetics change, to change the look of the wrench more than any thing, i didn't really think we could make it do other stuff, (just a wild fanciful wish). and i guess you'd be right. probably be very unbalanced.

(and to kill the comment that i know will come, i did use search, and no those threads are not the same)

IINoddyII
2009-05-22, 04:16
examples of Australian communication under fire (from Vietnam)

Australians at War (http://www.australiansatwar.com.au/throughmyeyes/vi_cuf.asp)

McDethWivFries
2009-05-22, 04:38
great find Noddy!

Tonnie
2009-05-22, 06:08
examples of Australian communication under fire (from Vietnam)

Australians at War (http://www.australiansatwar.com.au/throughmyeyes/vi_cuf.asp)

Wow thos poor fellers... I feel for them...

anglomanii
2009-05-23, 01:49
you'll also find similar stories in the Australian infantry magazine.

the latest issue has some great stuff on australian infantry history.

Tonnie
2009-05-23, 03:16
you'll also find similar stories in the Australian infantry magazine.

the latest issue has some great stuff on australian infantry history.

OMG that was so wired i have been reading it for the past 5min and then i opened this thread and here you are mentioning it lol :P

anglomanii
2009-05-23, 12:37
tonnie15;1031124']OMG that was so wired i have been reading it for the past 5min and then i opened this thread and here you are mentioning it lol :P

damn i thought that mag was a trade secrete!

i like the latest on the mortar evolutions, and the bit on bunker clearing, nasty stuff

anglomanii
2009-06-25, 03:42
are we doing our own version of supply crates?

if so what about a carton of tinnies in there?

or on the rally point packs, you know a couple of tinnies ontop!;)

TempesT
2009-06-25, 08:34
Am I right in saying that the Blackhawk is being replaced by the NH-90? (Or some other variant, NRH-90 or something). I probably isn't necassary for the first release but what are the thoughts on it?

anglomanii
2009-06-25, 11:32
http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt50/anglomanii/20071217adf8161479_026.jpg

MRH-90
i have seen them fly over my place once, i have seen the tigers more times than i can count.
i must be under a flight path from Amberly to Brisbane AP.

Tonnie
2009-06-25, 11:45
Am I right in saying that the Blackhawk is being replaced by the NH-90? (Or some other variant, NRH-90 or something). I probably isn't necassary for the first release but what are the thoughts on it?

yeah maybe in the long run but for now or as a first release it will be just the BHs as as to my knowledge we currently dont have any NRH-90s in service tho i do know they are on contract

anglomanii
2009-06-25, 11:49
the army i think has 2 or 3 ATM 003,004,005(i think this one is still getting its avionics installed). 003 and 004 came over from France. 005 and the other airframes are being put together at Brisbane AP.

Tonnie
2009-06-25, 12:29
the army i think has 2 or 3 ATM 003,004,005(i think this one is still getting its avionics installed). 003 and 004 came over from France. 005 and the other airframes are being put together at Brisbane AP.

nice.. well we may look into it as there are a few factions that use it...

mtL51
2009-06-28, 11:08
I think I might be able to get a few photos of the MH-90, I think we are testing them this trip.

anglomanii
2009-07-10, 06:45
does anyone know other then stingers, and the rbs 70 what our air defense capabilities are?

anglomanii
2009-08-06, 11:29
Got some more work for you tonnie..

looks like its confirmed. we are definitively getting NEW! (new built) CH-47f chooks..

official order has been sent out and received. only budget and costings are left.

so mate looks like you will have to model this..... eventually :wink::wink:

Tonnie
2009-08-06, 13:15
whats the difference?

Scot
2009-08-06, 16:50
Tonnie;1104468']whats the difference?

Twice the va-va-voom.

Va-va-voom. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRDpPnBJVuI)

anglomanii
2009-08-07, 04:16
i will get you the brochure later, suffice to say they give you about 20% more chopper in your helo.
bigger engines(faster higher bigger loads), more armour, range, fire power (2xmini's + 1x tail mounted .50 in the primary model. the Aus ** version gets a couple of extra's)
lower IR sig and all digi cockpit. and some very cool electronics on board (i will show you those later.. i don't think i can spill those beans in public)

stozzcheese
2009-08-07, 05:47
(i will show you those later.. i don't think i can spill those beans in public)

the osama is watching...

Tonnie
2009-08-07, 06:01
i will get you the brochure later, suffice to say they give you about 20% more chopper in your helo.
bigger engines(faster higher bigger loads), more armour, range, fire power (2xmini's + 1x tail mounted .50 in the primary model. the Aus ** version gets a couple of extra's)
lower IR sig and all digi cockpit. and some very cool electronics on board (i will show you those later.. i don't think i can spill those beans in public)

ok cool... Would it be easier to modify a current Chinook into it or not really worth it?

anglomanii
2009-08-07, 10:19
thats your call mate, it's really the same airframe, just a little tweeked.

Boeing: Integrated Defense Systems - Global Services & Support - Integrated Logistics - Chinook Tandem Notes (http://www.boeing.com/rotorcraft/military/ch47d/tandemnotes/index.htm)

lots to read i know but i did and so now you have to too.

the rest of the site is good too. have a surf on me.

cheers.

oh and when are having beers next?
i'm gettin thirsty.

Tonnie
2009-08-07, 10:22
oh and when are having beers next?
i'm gettin thirsty.

on the 29th lol unless i go to combat sims....

anglomanii
2009-08-07, 10:27
Again!, your hooked ay!

can i come?

i may also have some info on that other thing we had going, but i wont post anything until i am sure ok.

also
have you heard back from yuri and jeoff?

Tonnie
2009-08-07, 10:44
Again!, your hooked ay!

I know :P

can i come?

You sure can let me know and i can put your name down so you deff get a spot

i may also have some info on that other thing we had going, but i wont post anything until i am sure ok.

ok

have you heard back from yuri and jeoff?

No not yet *sits twiddling thumbs till phone rings*

Gaz
2009-08-07, 12:12
The faction needs a Koala Bear. An angry one.

http://www.geocities.com/muirnin/Dropbear.jpg

SkaterCrush
2009-08-07, 13:26
Tonnie;1105336']on the 29th lol unless i go to combat sims....

Oh hey thats my birthday let me come!

Tonnie
2009-08-07, 13:45
Gaz;1105423']The faction needs a Koala Bear. An angry one.

http://www.geocities.com/muirnin/Dropbear.jpg

oh god..... lol

"sir whats that!"
"well son i did warn you about the drop bears"

Gu^n3r
2009-08-08, 01:18
someone forgot to put vegimite behind their ears!

Qaiex
2009-08-08, 08:47
I suggest making it so that the sights that are 1.5x aren't doing the whole black screen thing the acog does.
It's only 1.5x, you can do it like this.

http://www.gamingdaily.co.uk/images/FarCry-2008-11-06/Scoped.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y166/loose_cannon_75/2007101413413367368.jpg?t=1249721355

ChiefRyza
2009-08-08, 09:08
And how do you know they aren't already doing that qaiex?

Tonnie
2009-08-08, 09:23
I suggest making it so that the sights that are 1.5x aren't doing the whole black screen thing the acog does.
It's only 1.5x, you can do it like this.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y166/loose_cannon_75/2007101413413367368.jpg?t=1249721355

that is no where near the same as the one we have lol.... the cross hire does not go and meet in the middle of the circle... anyhu yeah we are having 3d sights...

Qaiex
2009-08-08, 19:38
Stare decisis.. Until I knew otherwise I had to assume it would be the same. I am really glad this was not the case. :D

Jimbom
2009-08-12, 23:28
Just a thought.

As its standard to carry 2 M18A1 Claymores at section level would it be within reason to suggest replacing the 2 M49 Trip flares issued to the Specialist and instead give him one M18A1 with a command Detonator?

In this way the M18A1 wouldn't be the drop and forget killing machine we all remember and loath from BF2, it would instead work more like a Grenade trap that needs to be manually detonated.

Tonnie
2009-08-12, 23:54
claymores we cant really add atm main reason being that its not currently in PR's main build. Unless they bring them back i cant see it happening

Jimbom
2009-08-12, 23:57
Well thats a shame, awell maybe in the distant future

Tonnie
2009-08-12, 23:58
yeah maybe later on when/if PR brings them back.

Redamare
2009-09-16, 00:11
Close ..................

anglomanii
2009-09-16, 04:44
i was under the impresion TNI already has their own weapon, that has found its way into second and third party users. can any one remember what it is?
besides, i cant think of why any one would want to use a singaporeian sar21, after all they have a tendancy to blowup in your face. (hence the kevlar insert on the left hand side of the action.) have a reduced range (lowered number of grains in the cartridge supposidly) to lessen the recoil. (i was told this was because of the smaller frame of singaporean soldiers). but i could be wrong..... right?

Python
2009-09-27, 17:11
I would suggest something to add in the future after an initial release would be adding the Super Hornet (F/A-18E/G?). Or even the 2 seat version of the F/A-18 (C?), but Yeah thats just a little thought i had. The ADF Mod is looking awesome andcant wait to see it as a part of PR

Rudd
2009-10-06, 04:13
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t187/tonnie15/BF22009-10-0519-58-03-64.jpg

I think that modifying the texture for the mosque would be a good idea, since 1) its gonna get really odd in the future if the Muttrah mosque is on most PR maps in .9 with the same texture every time :) 2) the other buildings seem alot darker, so the mosque kinda sticks out.

iirc this won't require a new texture pallet, and therefore is a pretty simple change :)

All the other stuff looks...bonza? Is bonza the word? :P

Tonnie
2009-10-06, 04:16
2) the other buildings seem alot darker, so the mosque kinda sticks out.

this is due to the guy who made the map didnt have the PR lightmap samples applied i "think?"

All the other stuff looks...bonza? Is bonza the word? :P

it is now muhahahahaha

anglomanii
2009-10-15, 22:50
hey when are we going to see star-picketts and wire instead of the t-beam hedge-hogs we get for assets, oh and can you explain what the actual load out for the ADF specialist will be and why we still have trip flares.

Redamare
2009-10-22, 00:28
Indonesian rebels weapons:

I wasthinking about my earlier post about singapore and how it would never work out .. but then something came to mind ... couldnt indonesian pirates/ rebels aquire singapore weapons? such as these.

http://www.army-technology.com/contractor_images/st-kinetics/2-sar21-assault-rifle.jpg
Rebel Squad Leader
Rebel Automatic rifle
http://www.enemyforces.net/firearms/sar21_4.jpg
Sar 21 Aimpoint
http://juni0r.orconhosting.net.nz/weaponspics/SAR21gl.jpg
Granadeer
I think these could be good choices for weapons loadouts for such a faction..

ChiefRyza
2009-10-22, 00:47
Do you have any idea of how much work would have be put into such a minor faction on top of the workload currently?

anglomanii
2009-10-22, 02:16
NO, NEVER, STILL NOT FUNNY

Indonesian rebels weapons:

I wasthinking about my earlier post about singapore and how it would never work out .. but then something came to mind ... couldnt indonesian pirates/ rebels aquire singapore weapons? such as these.

http://www.army-technology.com/contractor_images/st-kinetics/2-sar21-assault-rifle.jpg
Rebel Squad Leader
Rebel Automatic rifle
http://www.enemyforces.net/firearms/sar21_4.jpg
Sar 21 Aimpoint
http://juni0r.orconhosting.net.nz/weaponspics/SAR21gl.jpg
Granadeer
I think these could be good choices for weapons loadouts for such a faction..

Jimbom
2009-10-22, 04:52
Wouldn't a more interesting/easier idea would be to kit the MEC out as the Masourian Armed Forces (MAF) as all of the appropriate equipment, AK-74, RPK-74, PKM, RPG-7, BDRM-60, BTR-60, BMP-3, etc are all already ingame. At least this way the AusForces would be fighting a conventional force! The last thing we need are more Insurgency maps!!!

RUSSIAN147
2009-10-22, 09:55
If you guys make a new patch for Aus Forces, i would be extremely proud to supply weapon info and kit info for you, i have the v1.01 mod, and i play it quite regularly. i am hoping you guys make a new patch soon. great job so far.

ChiefRyza
2009-10-22, 10:01
.....Lol....The ADF Project reality mod is in no way affiliated with the Vanilla Australian Forces mod. No content whatsoever is shared between them. The ADF mod for PR is way off a full release, don't expect it any time soon. There is still a lot of work to be done not to mention requiring attention from other DEV's that are currently occupied with other community factions.

gazzthompson
2009-10-22, 21:13
If you guys make a new patch for Aus Forces, i would be extremely proud to supply weapon info and kit info for you, i have the v1.01 mod, and i play it quite regularly. i am hoping you guys make a new patch soon. great job so far.

the DEV team have a serving (or 2?) Aus forces personnel for this.

Redamare
2009-10-23, 01:09
NO, NEVER, STILL NOT FUNNY

That wasnt very nice :( im just suggesting

anglomanii
2009-10-23, 23:59
Redamare:
NO your being irritating and juvenile .
you suggested this in another thread, you were told in no uncertain terms this was not an option, and that there IS and WAS no intention of the ADF FACTION ever having any link to a Singapore Faction, Please STOP trying to press this mater in this Faction, i dont know about anybody else but it is annoying the crap out of me, you continue to push my buttons and its driving me NUTS, if you want a Singapore faction so bad GO AND MAKE IT!.

dear gazz.
yes we do have several ex and serving ADF personnel connected with the DEV team, we also have been getting help from the Australian DoD and from some of the Defense industry.
Thales, BAE, and i am currently waiting on a call back from Boeing. how else do you think i get told about all those wonderful toys that i get to annoy tonnie with

also it will be confirmed shortly that 4 of the new super hornets will be the "growler" variants. so if any one can get us details on these that would be nice. ( i hear these will be able to carry Boeing's 5000lb bomb)

ChiefRyza
2009-10-24, 00:29
I thought the growlers were the electronic warfare variants of the Super hornet?

PinkFloyd-
2009-10-24, 01:04
They are. I thought they didn't carry any armament?

anglomanii
2009-10-24, 02:05
my apologies i should have put a "break in that one"

our standard rhino's will be able to carry a 5000lb munition.

Kenny
2009-10-24, 02:12
I hope tonnie sorts out his net soon so we can get him back on forums.

Truism
2009-10-24, 06:06
Wouldn't a more interesting/easier idea would be to kit the MEC out as the Masourian Armed Forces (MAF) as all of the appropriate equipment, AK-74, RPK-74, PKM, RPG-7, BDRM-60, BTR-60, BMP-3, etc are all already ingame. At least this way the AusForces would be fighting a conventional force! The last thing we need are more Insurgency maps!!!

Just keep in mind the average MAF Squad member carries a special AK that gives him about twice the plan range of Australian soldier using an F88, and a maximum effective range of 3150m.

Is this really what you want to fight against? :)

RHYS4190
2009-10-24, 11:36
Just keep in mind the average MAF Squad member carries a special AK that gives him about twice the plan range of Australian soldier using an F88, and a maximum effective range of 3150m.

Is this really what you want to fight against? :)

now the Ze-german worked this out year's ago, the standard infantry engagement is around 300 yard's give or take and that basically the effective range off a standard rifle man any way after 300 meter's wind and ballistics’ start impact heavily to the flight path of the bullet (which is why you need special training and spotter's to get out that far), So to a standard infantry men a weapon that can get out to 3150m is useless to him because he’s unable to use the weapons capability’s effectively.

PS.

So unless this bullet in this AK your referring to is capable of stable flight well beyond 300m to 900m. im not terrible worried and i won't be losing any sleep over it.

LeadMagnet
2009-10-24, 20:18
Please get your ranges correct people. Maximum effective range of an AK-47 or any of it's variants is 400m. The longest recorded kill by a rifle was made by one of our snipers at just over 2400m using a MacMillan Tac-50 firing the .50bmg cartridge (and that was on his 2nd shot after he was able to gauge the wind better). To do this he was using a 24x power scope and at that distance you can discern a silouette at best even with those optics. To think that an assault rifle can accurately fire past 1000m even with open sights is ridiculous.

Outlawz7
2009-10-24, 20:29
LMAO, an AK47 with range of 3150m :lol:

Truism
2009-10-25, 06:11
now the Ze-german worked this out year's ago, the standard infantry engagement is around 300 yard's give or take and that basically the effective range off a standard rifle man any way after 300 meter's wind and ballistics’ start impact heavily to the flight path of the bullet (which is why you need special training and spotter's to get out that far), So to a standard infantry men a weapon that can get out to 3150m is useless to him because he’s unable to use the weapons capability’s effectively.

PS.

So unless this bullet in this AK your referring to is capable of stable flight well beyond 300m to 900m. im not terrible worried and i won't be losing any sleep over it.

LeadMagnet;1167221']Please get your ranges correct people. Maximum effective range of an AK-47 or any of it's variants is 400m. The longest recorded kill by a rifle was made by one of our snipers at just over 2400m using a MacMillan Tac-50 firing the .50bmg cartridge (and that was on his 2nd shot after he was able to gauge the wind better). To do this he was using a 24x power scope and at that distance you can discern a silouette at best even with those optics. To think that an assault rifle can accurately fire past 1000m even with open sights is ridiculous.

Outlawz;1167229']LMAO, an AK47 with range of 3150m :lol:

Sigh. I never said real AK-74's could actually hit out at 3k, but it's doctrine. The Musorian Armed Forces are super soldiers with super weapons who need to be beaten by superior tactics.

Edit: You should also almost certainly have looked up who the MAF were before you berated me with statistics about what their weapons should and shouldn't be able to do.

HangMan_
2009-10-25, 06:19
Sigh. I never said real AK-74's could actually hit out at 3k, but it's doctrine. The Musorian Armed Forces are super soldiers with super weapons who need to be beaten by superior tactics.

Edit: You should also almost certainly have looked up who the MAF were before you berated me with statistics about what their weapons should and shouldn't be able to do.

I fail to find this funny? All it shows is that some aussies have resorted to imagining inferior New Zealand forces to make them feel better?? No one can use an iron sight Ak-74 to hit a target at 3000m+ (unless the target is a large building, or continent)

Truism
2009-10-25, 07:00
It's not meant to be funny, it's meant to force superior tactics. Train hard, fight easy, all that good stuff.

Edit, you know what, forget it. Clearly I'm an idiot. Clearly I really thought you could make an AK with open sights that could shoot 3k accurately. Clearly I thought a small South-East Asian country could afford to train line infantry well enough to use these AKs to effect at 3150m. Like I said forget it.

Kenny
2009-10-25, 07:18
Good but not to be annoying or anything, but make sure you check your facts I have never herd of an AK( any of the family) being used to effect of 3150m maybe 1000m or 1150m but the bullet would be blown off course but wind and it would have an incredible amount of drop at that range. You may be able to get the bullets in the general direction but each would land about 10-15m apart making them useless.
Any by the way who are "Musorian Armed Forces" all I can find is that's what the ADF call their imaginative enemies in training and their not meant to represent any particular force in existence.

HangMan_
2009-10-25, 07:20
It's not meant to be funny, it's meant to force superior tactics. Train hard, fight easy, all that good stuff.

Edit, you know what, forget it. Clearly I'm an idiot. Clearly I really thought you could make an AK with open sights that could shoot 3k accurately. Clearly I thought a small South-East Asian country could afford to train line infantry well enough to use these AKs to effect at 3150m. Like I said forget it.

so if Musuria exists can u show me it on a map?

Warpig-
2009-10-25, 07:21
Guys, settle

"Musorian" is the name used by the Australian Defence Forces to identify "enemy" units and "hostiles" during military exercises.

Yes he's taking the piss. I think though as it went over peoples heads that he should have clarified what he meant, but the whole thing got way off track

Truism
2009-10-25, 07:37
Guys, settle

Yes he's taking the piss. I think though as it went over peoples heads that he should have clarified what he meant, but the whole thing got way off track

Correct. Musoria is an imaginary country North of PNG and North-East of Indonesia which shares an island with another country "The State". The use Eastern Bloc equipment modified to give phenominal performance so that they are able to outperform Australian forces in every way. This forces Australian forces to improvise, adapt and overcome them by wit and guile as well as maneuvre rather than attrition.

Kenny
2009-10-25, 07:53
That may of needed to be clarified in the first post but although it would be nice to be able to win a mach on wit, guile and skill I don't think it would be popular to have an imaginary fraction in a game that's all about realism but I would like the challenge it would give a bit of verity.

HangMan_
2009-10-25, 08:09
That may of needed to be clarified in the first post but although it would be nice to be able to win a mach on wit, guile and skill I don't think it would be popular to have an imaginary fraction in a game that's all about realism but I would like the challenge it would give a bit of verity.

Perhaps someone could do some editing and make a community match based on this?

Jimbom
2009-10-25, 08:28
Sorry everyone, it appears that I didn't explain my intention very well. I was merely suggesting the MAF as an easy to implement alternative to the MEC. Rather than fighting the MEC the Aussies could fight the MAF who are armed with AK-74's rather than G3's.

The whole point of the suggestion was to put forward the idea of a slightly different enemy which wouldn't take boat loads of work to implement yet still provide a bit of diversity in terms of game play.

RHYS4190
2009-10-25, 12:34
I say just fiddle with the insurgent modal's and tool them up a bit differently, and just pass them off as Muslim Indonesian rebel's or some thing.

But for this faction we want better equipment, G3's or some thing better are a must

anglomanii
2009-10-25, 22:59
ok i think we should all cool it, step back a little and have a slow read of the last couple of pages.
we should all (including myself) take the time to clearly explain ourselves and make consice and fully articulated statements.

Kenny
2009-10-25, 23:08
I think we all may of jumped the gun a little bit and now that we look back we can see the proposed suggestion is not so sill or stupid, I would personal like the challenge of the MAF and it may be good fun as well.

VisOne
2009-10-25, 23:51
I say just fiddle with the insurgent modal's and tool them up a bit differently, and just pass them off as Muslim Indonesian rebel's or some thing.

Why should they be Indonesian? Better yet why must they be Muslim? The general idea that Indonesian is some war loving Muslin terrorist state is really quite insulting. It has being a long and often conflicting road that has lead Indonesia to be "the world's most populous Muslim-majority country" however it is plain to anyone who cares to actually look into it. That stating that your a Muslim on a national census is not the same as being extremist or militant. In fact these people are such a small minority its sad that they are always the one who get all the media coverage.

Religion should play no part in PR what so ever regardless of where our fictional story's are to be set.

It would simply be more efficient to look at knocking down the list of bugs the testing has found then to worry about the OPFOR at this point anyway. We have any number of existing forces both symmetrical and asymmetrical which we can use from the word go without creating another.

RHYS4190
2009-10-26, 07:48
Why should they be Indonesian? Better yet why must they be Muslim?

Religion should play no part in PR what so ever regardless of where our fictional story's are to be set.

Why does every one from bigD what to start argument’s and flame over nothing, you got your own forums go do it there and leave me well out of it.

Besides i meant nothing offensive by it, merely as a way of explaining why the insurgent model could be used with out a complete rework, or creating a new faction.

Truism
2009-10-26, 08:04
I'm pretty sure 3150m on MAF AK74's is a typo in the stuff I was reading anyway given their PKMs are well less than that.

Why isn't Australia focussed on war with China? If a huge war broke out between China and America, Australian forces would see the vast bulk of the fighting over South East Asia (OGT for example) while other nations deployed.

Gaz
2009-10-26, 10:44

Guess we'd better bin our brand new L115A3s...I know you were taking the piss ;)

Warpig-
2009-10-26, 11:20
Why isn't Australia focussed on war with China? If a huge war broke out between China and America, Australian forces would see the vast bulk of the fighting over South East Asia (OGT for example) while other nations deployed.

We are. Google the "Defence White paper", China was displeased

Truism
2009-10-26, 23:50
I meant in PR.

dtacs
2009-10-29, 13:49
You are correct Truism, British forces could not mobilize to SE Asia as fast as we could, however there are huge amounts of US forces stationed in and around Japan right? They would probably get there faster than we could.

However, that does bring up a good point, alot of those areas, Tad Sae, OGT etc. could possibly be Australian battles, thinking from a logical POV.

Rudd
2009-10-29, 14:12
However, that does bring up a good point, alot of those areas, Tad Sae, OGT etc. could possibly be Australian battles, thinking from a logical POV.

I think most maps would benefit from seperate scenarios involving different teams. Though speed of deployment shouldn't really be the deciding factor on who goes on what map imo, thats a narrow scenario.

e.g. teams like the US Army have the stryker, a 50cal APC would vastly change the dynamics of maps like Tad Sae imo. (where a HEAT armed APC like th LAV/Warrior would just make the map an orgy of getting pwned) This also allows the chinese 50cal apc to be featured - which is interesting since its amphibious. The Aussies's main vehicle, (the bushmaster?) would also make these maps interesting.

dtacs
2009-10-29, 14:30
I think most maps would benefit from seperate scenarios involving different teams. Though speed of deployment shouldn't really be the deciding factor on who goes on what map imo, thats a narrow scenario.

e.g. teams like the US Army have the stryker, a 50cal APC would vastly change the dynamics of maps like Tad Sae imo. (where a HEAT armed APC like th LAV/Warrior would just make the map an orgy of getting pwned) This also allows the chinese 50cal apc to be featured - which is interesting since its amphibious. The Aussies's main vehicle, (the bushmaster?) would also make these maps interesting.
Well yes it shouldn't be a deciding factor but something like Germans on Tad Sae is a bit far-fetched. But like people say the British need more maps if anything.

Unfortunate thing is with so many of these community factions being developed PR just has too much choice.

With the length of the game-times at the moment (1-2 hours) allmap maplists have no place in PR as there isn't enough time to actually get a solid game in on a weekday night on more than 1 or 2 maps, so replacing 'good' British maps with other factions could cause them to be played less.

Its a dilemma without a solution.

Also, the Stryker equivalent of the ADF is more closely related to the ASLAV-PC, an LAV-25 with a RWS .50, pretty much a stryker but with an increased compartment and only 2 crewmen.

http://defence.gov.au/news/armynews/editions/1114/images/03-bar%20armour.jpg

Truism
2009-11-11, 08:40
Unfortunate thing is with so many of these community factions being developed PR just has too much choice.

There are too many community factions. Given that there are squabbles over changes to the CP Vehicle model to make them map specific that would make PR as a whole absolutely no more than a few hundred MB bigger, adding community factions that have very little or no real world deployments seems a little silly.

sylent/shooter
2009-11-11, 11:40
Ya this will get really big for people that are just starting PR, and have to download it...... 5gb probs

How are we gonna fix this?

RUSSIAN147
2009-11-17, 00:24
Where do i download this mod?

Snazz
2009-11-17, 00:27
Where do i download this mod?
There's a test version here: BigD Gaming Community (http://www.bigdgaming.net/showthread.php?t=8249)

Just have to register and log in to access it.

anglomanii
2009-11-22, 22:00
just as a thought i hope the devs do not intend making the Bushmaster a crew operated vehicle.

i would stress, that fact apon talking to several of the soldiers that actually drive them and that due to the fact that the vehicle requires only a open license to drive and all weapons systems are simply mounted versions of infantry systems, there should be no requirement for this to be a crewed vehicle, i could go an and explain further, but if any of the devs on this faction would like to contact me and hear my reasons it would be welcomed.

Redamare
2009-12-03, 16:51
http://img2.photographersdirect.com/img/17480/wm/pd1672589.jpg
Any paradrop maps?? ^_^ this would be fun to watch ahah

hades198
2009-12-07, 21:59
I reckon the special forces should be the SAS and that for most mission they should be able to skydive/air drop to their target.

Snazz
2009-12-07, 22:54
I reckon the special forces should be the SAS
There hasn't been any special forces in PR for a while now, they might return someday but at the moment it's not worth thinking too much about.

and that for most mission they should be able to skydive/air drop to their target.
The concept of para-drop maps is being tested so it's a possibility.

anglomanii
2010-01-29, 03:52
ok ADF community guys, i have very limited acces to the net ATM, so i am requsting help in getting some material done, i need refpics, raw data, and anecdotal information with sources.
i need people to investigate,
1: vipir2 weapons sight,
2:the blazer tac2 in .338 lapua mag.
3: f88SA3 DMR rifle (this one exists but is under serious raps)
4:7.62 minimi LMG (all varients)
5: info on the new (EOS) enhances optical sight being considered.
6: pics and refs on the new (AIROS) advanced Infer Red Optical Sight for the M3 karl Gustaf

if anyone is interested i am needing this info because of advancements on several programs due to the Army Capabilites Review Infantry 2012 program.

the only reason i am asking for help is that i dont have regular access to the net. so i need help researching.

if you are able to help just put the info together and either PM it or hold onto it, as we need to make sure these items are in developement before posting them up.

BloodBane611
2010-01-29, 05:57
I was poking around, here is what I found:
Vipir 2: Data Sheet (http://www.qioptiq.co.uk/Data/Documents/Vipir-2.pdf)

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/1739/vipir2b.png
http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/983/vipir2onvariousmgs.png
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/5894/vipir2onminimi.png
http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/9995/vipir2onminimiandm240.png
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/5786/vipir2onl85a2.png

Tac 2: Data sheet down the page (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.southernarms.com.au/images/tac2.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.southernarms.com.au/tac2.htm&usg=__NYKRi9sd8ZCspJUcNbQxsyhZsHo=&h=175&w=628&sz=42&hl=en&start=10&tbnid=5qP-OOtLuO1KPM:&tbnh=38&tbnw=137&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dblaser%2Btac2%26hl%3Den)

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/4274/blasertac2c.jpg
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/6244/blasertac2b.jpg
http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/931/blasertac2.jpg
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/6038/blasertac2blowup.jpg
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/3434/blasertac2closeup.jpg

These are actually the .308, but I thought having 360 degrees was a fair trade, considering the only difference is barrel diameter, the bolt and magazine.

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/7915/blasertac2rightrear.jpg
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/4319/blasertac2rightfront.jpg
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/6059/blasertac2rear.jpg
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/6158/blasertac2railandringmo.jpg
http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/1117/blasertac2openbolt.jpg
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/8200/blasertac2openboltclose.jpg
http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/7742/blasertac2muzzlebrakecl.jpg
http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/4614/blasertac2leftfront.jpg
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/4357/blasertac2leftrear.jpg
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/1668/blasertac2left.jpg

7.62 Minimi: Data sheet here (http://www.fnherstal.com/index.php?id=280&backPID=306&productID=19&pid_product=233&pidList=306&categorySelector=2&detail=&cHash=8a87b809d7)

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/9628/762minimibarrelandfront.jpg
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/6858/762minimibarrel.jpg
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/3834/762minimifixedbuttleftf.jpg
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/3834/762minimifixedbuttleft2.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/287/762minimifixedbuttfeedt.jpg
http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/6468/762minimifeedtray.jpg
http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/8182/762minimicarryhandleand.jpg
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/7564/762minimibodyright.jpg
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/6830/762minimistandardbutt.png
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/6239/762minimislidingbutttri.png
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/2227/762minimislidingbutttriy.png
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/6093/762minimislidingbutttril.png
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/6239/762minimislidingbutttri.png
http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/2946/762minimislidingbuttrig.png
http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/1620/762minimislidingbuttlef.png
http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/3347/762minimioptic.png
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/8706/762minimifixedbutttripl.png
http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/8706/762minimifixedbutttripl.png
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/2329/762minimifixedbuttleft.jpg

My image search didn't turn up anything on the f88sa3, but my text search found this:
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/9075/f88sa3dmr.png

I've got nothing on the EOS or AIROS either, couldn't find anything and didn't feel like digging.

anglomanii
2010-02-06, 08:09
thanks, but we might keep this stuff of the main threads, i recently fried my HDD and lost almost everything i have been doing, i should be back up again soon, but i did lose a lot of one off items, that i was able to get locally, what we need to do is as a group keep building the knowledge base we have been working on.

thanks

Tonnie
2010-04-27, 15:40
going off the one ref pic and only about 20 min work if that so super wip and lots of details need to be done
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t187/tonnie15/111.jpg
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/1739/vipir2b.png

Z-trooper
2010-04-27, 15:50
Just curious, but why spend time on a thermal sight?

sylent/shooter
2010-04-27, 20:09
I dunno why do you have space marines as an avatar? Personally I think the thermal sight is an interesting addition, even though it could totally be cheap. I don't know anything about that sight but it also could have two functions that let it be switched? I am wondering if the thermal sight will actually work like a thermal or not. Can someone confirm this? or am I going to have to do some digging? ;)

H.sta
2010-04-27, 20:18
Hmm, don't care why its made right now, just think its a good model

and i see you are a Dev again Tonnie, congratulations on that.. allthough i don't know if it is something to congratulate, you won't get as much time developing the Australian Forces

Z-trooper
2010-04-27, 21:20
I dunno why do you have space marines as an avatar? Personally I think the thermal sight is an interesting addition, even though it could totally be cheap. I don't know anything about that sight but it also could have two functions that let it be switched? I am wondering if the thermal sight will actually work like a thermal or not. Can someone confirm this? or am I going to have to do some digging? ;)

Because we can't do thermal sights in game. Not working ones.

Tonnie
2010-04-27, 23:16
If anything portfolio... till I get ref pics on my DEV project I dont have any models to work on so why not haha

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t187/tonnie15/222-1.jpg

Stoic Sentinel
2010-04-28, 02:32
Tonnie is back!! Gratz, man ;)

Truism
2010-04-28, 09:51
3: f88SA3 DMR rifle (this one exists but is under serious raps)

Two lines of thought on this one. The first is that it's the scout with enhanced optics role slated in the 2012 doctrine and it's basically just an F88SA3 with an Elcan on top.

The other is that I seem to remember reading in the Army newspaper some brief mention about barrel lengths with specific lengths mentioned for some variants, unsure though.

First line of thought backed up by this quote from the Lt. Col. in charge of the Land 125 project:

"Lt. Col. Mattey said, “We are trying to getting to the point where the users themselves can reconfigure it to fulfil the four basic configurations. We are also looking to integrate the grenade launcher so that the trigger comes inside the main trigger guard rather than being external to it so the soldier no longer has to switch from outside to inside and vice versa.”"

anglomanii
2010-04-30, 04:58
nice find truism, yeah the F88sa3 DMR is "NOT" going to be a standard F88sa3, it will have a different barrel and ammunition (only just got this confirmed still waiting on details) this flows with what you've mentioned, as part of L125. as part of the ORBAT 2012 definitions, there will be 2 of these Per 8 man brick as well as 2x comannder F88sa3 2x 7.62mm minimi 2x F88sa3+m320GLA. so yeah thats the new ORBAT for the ADF,.

as for the DMR rifle it is supposed to have a good scope (atm its the wildcat, but the ADF is trialing the ELCAN SpecterDR variants with SF units before opening the trial up to Regulars, but keep in mind other sighting systems are also being trialed.) and the new ammo is still 5.56 but is supposedly 77gr spc and capable of effective fire to 600m.

Tonnie
2010-04-30, 07:33
and the new ammo is still 5.56 but is supposedly 77gr spc and capable of effective fire to 600m.

the f88a2 can be and is fired quite effective at 600m... I know i hit a dinner plate at 600m with a 3 round adjust, its not hard.

anglomanii
2010-04-30, 08:48
yeah but the specs on the MK262 Enhanced Performance 5.56mm 77gr. Sierra.(this is the one the ADF is supposed to be using) projectile looks like it has better performance at at that range. i am not a massive gun nut so i dont know how big a difference it is, but it seems to be the goods.

i read this at global security. it's not full of 6 sigma so its understandable.

AA53, Cartridge, Caliber 5.56mm Special Ball, Long Range Mk 262 Mod 0

The Mk 262 Mod 0 quickly earned an enviable reputation in Afghanistan for excellent accuracy and superior terminal performance. Kills were made with this load out to 700 meters. According to one account, in one engagement two SF operators armed with SPRs killed 75 Taliban with 77 rounds. Upgraded to become the current MK 262 Mod 1, this load features a 77-grain Sierra MatchKing with a cannelure for reliable operation in full-automatic weapons. Ordnance Gelatin tests showed improvements in depth of initial yaw and consistency over the M855 cartridge. Work began for incorporation of Mil-SPEC primer and cartridge case, packaging and specification. Initial SPR weapons and AA53 field reports very positive. The MK 262 MOD 0 was specifically developed for use in the MK 12 SPR. A total of 27 different Off-the-Shelf cartridges were tested, leading to a down select to three, (73 gr. Berger, 87 gr. PRL, and 77gr. Sierra) Berger sold and moved facilities, causing manufacturing reliability issues, PRL shut down, leaving Sierra. The Navy, Army and USMC match teams used initial COTS load with success. The manufacture was willing to work with Government requirements. It demonstrated consistent initial yaw in soft tissue between 3-4 inches at ranges from 15’ to 300 meters. This enables engagements out to 600 meters (800 possible depending on conditions). It greatly enhances the capability of the M16 or M4A1 Carbine (2 minute of angle accuracy very realistic, vs 3-5 minute of angle with M855). On 28 October 2002 The Virginia Contracting Activity, on behalf of the Defense Intelligence Agency, announced [Solicitation Number MDA908-03-Q-0008] that it intended to solicit and negotiate with Black Hills Ammunition, Inc. on a sole source basis to award a contract for MK262, Mod 0, 5.56MM 77 Grain LR Ammunition. If no affirmative written documentation, technical specifications, and pricing are received within 5 days of this synopsis challenging this intended award, to the effect that a comparable source is available or that it is more advantageous, a contract will be established with Black Hills Ammunition, Inc., P.O. Box 3090, Rapid City, SD 57709-3090.

again i am not the gun specialist, so i hope this is ok, also tonnie, i didn't mean to say the F88 couldn't do it, that was just the wash i had on the subject.

Tonnie
2010-04-30, 12:50
all good mate...

mounted the vipir 2 on the F88a2 to see how it looked :P
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t187/tonnie15/f881.jpg

Marsh007
2010-05-22, 09:33
Anyone here remember the 21cwAAF Tournaments etc?

ChiefRyza
2010-05-22, 09:53
Nope, have no idea what the actual relevance is to this thread...

anglomanii
2010-05-31, 02:46
did some more research on the viper2 looks like its not just a thermal sight. but can also do daylight digital optical sighting too. more to come just waiting on a email.