PDA

View Full Version : Media TotalBF2.com Interview & Media Release

requiem
2006-02-02, 20:07
Project Reality working with TotalBF2.com have released an interview and various media including some in-game shots & the much awaited trailer! We also have a survey posted which will help determine some of the elements in PRMM 0.3, please take part here (http://poll.realitymod.com/survey.php?sid=28) (you will also receive a media-goodie at the end). Your opinion matters!

<center>http://www.realitymod.com/images/trailerth.jpg (http://www.realitymod.com/Trailer/)

http://www.realitymod.com/images/PR_SigP226th.jpg (http://www.realitymod.com/images/PR_SigP226.jpg) http://www.realitymod.com/images/PR_MK12th.jpg (http://www.realitymod.com/images/PR_MK12.jpg)

For the full interview head over to TotalBF2.com (http://www.totalbf2.com) now!
</CENTER>

Resjah
2006-02-02, 20:53
Excellant video :D

cant wait for more players to begin to join PR, should have some fuller servers everyonce in a while now

Did my survey, guess what kinda maps i voted for :p

BrokenArrow
2006-02-02, 20:59
Armor and infantry right?:)

xMACx
2006-02-02, 20:59
WOW :)

*watches it again*

Happy
2006-02-02, 21:08
Great video and I love that pistol too.

Ugly Duck
2006-02-02, 21:22
I love it... a lot, a whoooooooooooooooooole lot! Will the Mk11 and Sig go in the same kit? If so I'll be weeping tears of joy. The M14 in DCR was by far my favorite kit. This would be as close as it gets in PR.

Cerberus
2006-02-02, 21:34
Damn, those models look beautiful

*is currently downloading latest Quicktime so he can watch the PR preview*

Tychandrus
2006-02-02, 21:40
Filled out the survey, but I can't watch the video...

At anyrate, I'm looking forward to the next update. Keep up the good work men. You have my support all the way.

Martini
2006-02-02, 21:56
Have to watch the movie when i get home but this stuff looks sweeeeeet!!!

Rifleman
2006-02-02, 21:59
OMGOMFGWTHWTF!
Great video... begining was avarage... but end with music... simply the best ;]
Good job guys...
0.3 soon? i hope ^^

About models... lovely handgun... nice skin... about rifle... well... skin is a bit plain... ( don't flame me... i am not skinner... it is just my opinion :-) )
And suggestion here.... make all weapons for UMSC in sand cammo... yellowish&brownish.... damn... that would rock !
Standard skins in BF2 sucks... so this cammo would win my smile of the month ;]

BTW
Good job!

Noetheinner
2006-02-02, 23:07
I can't see it either... I got firefox. That matter?

CobraPhantom
2006-02-02, 23:09
I can't see it either... I got firefox. That matter?

Nope. I run firefox and I can see it. Make sure you have the latest version of quicktime, i think its ver. 7 or something, comes with itunes

Figisaacnewton
2006-02-02, 23:23
Awesome movie. Very well choreographed. I can't wait for 1.2...!

RipFire
2006-02-03, 00:49
And heres a link if you just want Quicktime without iTunes.

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/standalone.html

F.N.G.
2006-02-03, 00:52
If the bar at the bottom is moving, that means it is loading and you'll just have to wait till enough of it gets downloaded, before it will play. There is probrably alot of people that wnat to see that vid right now.

Napalmas
2006-02-03, 05:14
Very nice guys! I simply love what ya'll are doing. great video. wonderful sig. I have one exactly like that, but without the accessory rail. Best handgun in the world. Maybe I'm just biased :)

Beckwith
2006-02-03, 05:18
P226 + SPR = PURE SEX

o yea and that video rocks, i remember making it was a pain took me forever to get in and play but you did an amazing job RipFire

Stu007
2006-02-03, 09:56
those guns are BEAUTIFUL

will watch video tonight when I get home

BlakeJr
2006-02-03, 10:14
The video is quite possibly the most proffessional video I've seen for a free mod!
Definitely on par with EAs BF2 trailers.... And I don't mean that as an insult to either Project Reality or EA...

Gaz
2006-02-03, 10:48
lol BlakeJr :D

The new images look fantastic, and is making me crack up seeing as I cant play PRMM atm because of a lack of net at home :(

I know this is a big ask, but is there any possibility of someone doing a Windows Movie Player version of the promo vid??

Wolfmaster
2006-02-03, 15:36
The video is quite possibly the most proffessional video I've seen for a free mod!
Definitely on par with EAs BF2 trailers.... And I don't mean that as an insult to either Project Reality or EA...

Blake! You've been away for a while! Glad to see you back.

And I gotta say, I completely agree with the quote. ;)

BlakeJr
2006-02-03, 18:36
Gaz']lol BlakeJr :D

The new images look fantastic, and is making me crack up seeing as I cant play PRMM atm because of a lack of net at home :(

I know this is a big ask, but is there any possibility of someone doing a Windows Movie Player version of the promo vid??

We had a discussion about that very issue back when I still was in the loop and what it boiled down to then was that we, read [R-CON] RipFire, could make a bigger movie, I mean viewsize, with better quality using QT rather than any other format.
I've been out of the ring for over a month and don't know if there are any other reasons for doing a QT version only.

@ Wolfmaster; Yeah, ain't it the truth? :p

Jazm
2006-02-04, 05:23
:shock: Was that a solider dismounting a humve i saw!!!! :shock:

Oh please say you guys have added mounting\dismounting animations to vehicales!!!
This would help the gameplay heaps in achieving realism.

RipFire
2006-02-04, 05:51
On the issue of using the WMV format, it's more a matter of achieving quality results. In this case the QT codecs are a professional standard, hence the reason you find major motion pictures using QT for their trailers.

Given Microsoft's allready tainted track record, the nature of the WMV format is that for one it can be unstable, and second when it comes to compression very poor in size vs quality ratio. Simply put I can do a lot more with QT codecs than I can WMV. And considering the original Reality trailer file was 1.9GB and squeezed into 18.9MB while maintaining the quality that you see now, thats just beyond outstanding.

If your having issues with the QT player than yes as said by a few others, I can also recomend using VLC for playback. I will look at what I can do with other file formats, but only if I can do it right. ;)

hoak
2006-02-04, 05:58
Zowie! Nice Stuff! But does is the trailer actually depicting a realistic approach to HUD design (http://realitymod.com/forum/t2722-realism-hud-design.html)? Or, is the PRM Team just teasing?

:)

Tychandrus
2006-02-04, 07:42
:shock: Was that a solider dismounting a humve i saw!!!! :shock:

Oh please say you guys have added mounting\dismounting animations to vehicales!!!
This would help the gameplay heaps in achieving realism.

No it wasn't. Watch it again. And if you do not see it, then watch it again.

requiem
2006-02-04, 07:46
Zowie! Nice Stuff! But does is the trailer actually depicting a realistic approach to HUD design (http://realitymod.com/forum/t2722-realism-hud-design.html)? Or, is the PRM Team just teasing?

:)

HUD was removed for filming purposes. No alterations are planned for the HUD at the moment. Cheers

Jazm
2006-02-04, 08:34
No it wasn't. Watch it again. And if you do not see it, then watch it again.

Your right, he was probably just crouching inside the humve and walked out the back...:cry:

I remeber my favorite feature in halo were that you actualy had to take time to mount the vehicles and to change the posisons.
And for a while i thought EA would actualy bother to implement it to bf2, but when i finaly played the game it had the same tedious flaw of bf1942\bfv were you would near the flag and sudenly some tanker guy that just had died would respawn, see you and start bunny jumping to were the tank would respawn in about 5 secs later and magicaly 5 metres from the tank manage to be inside and from there on you just knew you were dead...:evil:

I just realy wish it would be posible in this engine to add mount\dismonunt animations and some one would take the time to do it...:sad:

F.N.G.
2006-02-04, 19:40
I believe it is possible to put the "dismount point" inside the back of the hummer. So instead of being in the back and all of a sudden popping up next to the hummer, you'd pop up in the back and walk out. A lot better IMO.

hoak
2006-02-04, 22:49
HUD was removed for filming purposes. No alterations are planned for the HUD at the moment. Cheers
In other words to make the trailer look more realistic, but not the mod itself... :roll:

No hard feelings but no plans for altering the fantasy/arcade HUD is nothing to be "cheery" about on a mod where the Developers keep emphasizing their intentions of "realism", where the arcade game the mod is built on has literally the most unrealistic and histrionic HUD in FPS action/realism gaming bar none.

Even worse; the concomitant and ridiculous effects the BF2's fantasy HUD has in emphasizing and reinforcing arcade game-play makes the news even more disappointing -- especially after a nearly unanimous positive respons from PRM Fans in the Realism HUD Design (http://realitymod.com/forum/t2722-realism-hud-design.html) thread.

Too bad...

:cry:

solodude23
2006-02-04, 23:02
In other words to make the trailer look more realistic, but not the mod itself... :roll:No, in other words, you don't want the video to look unprofessional by having a mini-map, fire mode/magazine indicator, and score shown. . .

hoak
2006-02-05, 03:19
Tomato, tomâto; the BF2 HUD is both "unprofessional" and unrealistic... It's ful-boat, arcade and untouched inclusion in a mod that's pushing "reality" and "realism" in virtually every other sentence is patently ridiculous.

:roll:

RipFire
2006-02-05, 03:31
I chose to remove the hud from the first person scenes for cinematic effect, there were no intentions of misleading anyone. At this point in time the guys are hard at work on what I would say are much more important issues and features.

Keep up the great suggestions in the rest of the forums, as everyone's feedback is much appreciated!

solodude23
2006-02-05, 05:26
Tomato, tomâto; the BF2 HUD is both "unprofessional" and unrealistic... It's ful-boat, arcade and untouched inclusion in a mod that's pushing "reality" and "realism" in virtually every other sentence is patently ridiculous.

:roll:
Unprofessional? Not at all. Arcadey? No doubt. However if I bring my own opinion into it as you have, then of course the BF2 HUD sucks. (I'm a realism fan)

Anyways PRMM does not use the BF2 HUD, it has its own "touched" version. Second of all, think of it this way, it looks alot better in the video to have no HUD than to have a HUD. Would you have left it in? That alone would take away much of the cinematic effect that RipFire had setup for the very nice trailer he made. If you want to talk about mis-leading, watch the BF2 game start video again then hop on a server.

Speaking of this, great job RipFire, very well done video.

RipFire
2006-02-05, 05:38
Thanks, glad you enjoyed! ;)

Evilhomer
2006-02-05, 08:02
Changing the hud, aswell as menu screens to our own customisable choice is near impossible at the moment. As you may or may not be aware of, Dice have created thier menus and huds with flash. However, to edit the flash files completly to our own liking, we need the core flash files that Dice used. And also, with mod assistance being transferred over to Dice, we just need to wait out a bit longer until we can communicate straight away with Dice, and get the files we need.

Campez
2006-02-05, 10:04
Very good interview, hope that give PRMM more players:)

hoak
2006-02-05, 11:48
Unprofessional?
Yes, very; the BF2 2D HUD art assets are some of the cheeziest ever, I've see eight year old kids do better for mods in PhotoShop...

Arcadey? No doubt. However if I bring my own opinion into it as you have, then of course the BF2 HUD sucks. (I'm a realism fan)
Yes, absurdly "arcadey" -- we agree completely...

Anyways PRMM does not use the BF2 HUD, it has its own "touched" version.
Barely "touched" is more like it as; PRM still has more magical and histrionic telemetry then many fantasy/magic/sci-fi elf/robot/mec shooters...

Second of all, think of it this way, it looks alot better in the video to have no HUD than to have a HUD. Would you have left it in?
That's not the premise of Realism HUD Design (http://realitymod.com/forum/t2722-realism-hud-design.html), or the way I like to "think of it" -- try this instead: if it looks and works better in a trailer, why not in a game as well? Try the Realism HUD Design Thread (http://realitymod.com/forum/t2722-realism-hud-design.html) for a deeper more technical discussion...

I sure had no intention of hijacking this thread with HUD Design design discussion; there is already an excellent thread (http://realitymod.com/forum/t2722-realism-hud-design.html) with lots of constructive technical and anecdotal discussion; I'd just hoped the Developers had given the rather profound effects the HUD has on game-play more priority and more consideration...

Regarding the Flash assets in the HUD there are several Flash decompilers that work fine on BF2 Flash assets...

Anyhowdy, I too liked the trailer even if it got my hopes too high only to be very let down by some very disappointing comments that demonstrate very trivial understanding about game interface design effects on game-play, especially when so much emphasis is being placed on superficial art assets that really offer no improvement in game-play in the direction of realism...

:cry:

requiem
2006-02-05, 12:21
As has been said many times previously, the HUD isn't being changed for the time being and we also have nothing planned for it.

Hitperson
2006-02-05, 12:40
does the lam on the p226 work??

fuzzhead
2006-02-05, 12:42
As has been said many times previously, the HUD isn't being changed for the time being and we also have nothing planned for it.

hoak your not alone about this issue, it very disappointing :(
I have always been a big fan of HUDless FPS, maybe there can be a halfway point with friendly teammates telemetery popping up on 3d map, giving the option to shut it off with the ALT button?

But the gaydar, that is just unacceptable, I would have hoped for it to be removed by now! There is a perfectly good map when you press M, why is radar still on the HUD in this mod?

adding superficial things like pistols and weapon variants, although good for quickly gaining new playerbase, does not FUNDAMENTALLY change gameplay like map design / hud design/ player movement/player firing design.

Black Beret
2006-02-05, 14:06
does the lam on the p226 work??

It's not a LAM, it's a flashlight.

Hitperson
2006-02-05, 14:13
will the flash light work then??

Happy
2006-02-06, 01:21
For all of you people that don't want a HUD here you go,renderer.drawHud [0,1]

Happy
2006-02-06, 01:37
That was meant to be a temporary fix for you, not to be sarcastic.
EDIT: Yes the HUD needs to be redone but there are also more important things to be done.

GRB
2006-02-06, 03:30
There is no need for any hostility in this discussion. The excessive links are also not needed.

I do not want to have to close this thread.

Previous posts have been removed. Stay on-topic please.

Thank you! :D

Hitperson
2006-02-06, 08:08
right o.
Great to see us getting even more people able to see our MOD (even if it is in the intraductary stages) what is the count on people who have watched the trailler??

Malum
2006-02-08, 16:10
Love the SIG 226, having actually shot it it is WIHTOUT A DOUBT the most accurate automatic pistol stock out of the box in the market today.

Tested it side by side with Browning hi power, Berretta 92FS, Glock 9mm and an HK USP...SIG beat all.

Thats from the REAL WORLD.

OAKside
2006-02-16, 18:22
Very Impressive, proud to be a soldier in PR..

F.N.G.
2006-02-16, 23:19
Man, I can't wait to be in the PR tourney. That will be awsome indeed. Total organised realism. Wow.

Campez
2006-02-23, 10:51
Great movie, but in the start with the tank you could have removed those 3d flags??