PDA

View Full Version : The ADF Community Mod

nedlands1
2008-02-11, 08:21
Seeing the willingness of the community to adopt a new community mod (aka the "German Forces Mod (https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f202-german-forces-mod/)"), I'd like to propose the adoption of the ADF (Australian Defence Force) into the community modding sphere.

Currently there is a strong player base in the Australasian theater. There is the bigD community which runs two servers which are often full. Players from all around Australia and New Zealand play there. We even get regular players from places such as Singapore and Malaysia, as well as others from the US and UK. Several of the new [R-CON]'s are Australian too. All these people, I daresay, would welcome the inclusion of the ADF.

The ADF really requires one asset to become playable. The F88 AuSteyr (an Australian/NZ made Steyr AUG variant) and it's iterations. Apart from that, the transport and supply vehicle must be made. Almost all the other equipment needed can be taken from other community mods, Project Reality itself and the Northern Exposure mod. The only thing that really needs to be done is reskinning the assets, but that won't apply to all cases. [R-CON]AncientMan and [R-CON]Chuc are both photoshop users, and with a little assistance, I foresee them able to reskin what we need.

What we will need from you guys is a skilled modeller(s) to help make a handful of non-critical assets, the AuSteyr, trucks, the Carl Gustav M3 and the Australian F1 fragmentation grenade. A experienced texture artist to evaluate and train our photoshop users is a must too. A go ahead from the development team would be nice too.

[R-CON]AncientMan and I have been working on a proposal spreadsheet, like the other community mods have been. You can find it here: Google Docs - ADF Forces Design Plan (http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pMuwtEWIPelTB25bOwgTzAA)

AncientMan
2008-02-11, 08:23
Anyone that has any ideas or suggestions, please post them here. The more the better, since this is a "community" mod.

+SiN+headhunter
2008-02-11, 08:30
Australia have some of the most professional soldiers in the world.

Jim_aus
2008-02-11, 08:30
I fully support this idea.

ANZACs and the ADF have been a fighting force in many, many wars as well as peacekeeping missons, etc worldwide.

Shotgun
2008-02-11, 08:38
Oh yes i would love this ADF Mod included

http://www.geocities.com/weaponsoftheaustralianarmy/aug20b.gif

time to put this beast into action

The Austyer is an Australian produced version of the Austrian-designed Styer AUG. Designed in 1977 the Styer's futuristic 'Bullpup' layout alows for shorter barrels, better concealibilty and longer ranges. The use of advanced plastics in the design have also caused this rifle to be very light. Recoil is realitivly low and the Austyer is easy to aim and quite accurate. The Austyer's frail appearance disguises a very robust weapon.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Calibre: 5.56mm F1 Ball

Length: 790mm (31.1in)

Weight: 3.6kg (7.93lb)

Barrel: 508mm (20in), 6 grooves, rh twist

Operation: Gas

Rate of Fire: 650rpm

Magazine Capacity: 30-round detachable box magazine

Muzzle Velocity: 970mps (3182fps)

Effective Range: 400m (1640ft) plus

Ablack77
2008-02-11, 08:38
Fantastic idea, would love to see the ADF in there.

Like headhunter said, The ADF have highly professional soldiers and are considered to be the most highly trained soldiers in the world.

GruAncH
2008-02-11, 09:42
Considering Anzac specifically Aus forces currently serve in Afganistan, Iraq, East Timor and have assisted in every world war, or war would be nice to be able to honour them and allow us Aussie's to have a slice of reality. Big thumbs up to all involved hope you get the green light..

AncientMan
2008-02-11, 09:45
We need Modellers, Uvers, and Skinners before anything can be given a green light. Anyone that is bored or not working on anything at the present time, help would be greatly appreciated to get this off the ground.

bahlye
2008-02-11, 09:46
The ADF really requires one asset to become playable. The F88 AuSteyr (an Australian/NZ made Steyr AUG variant) and it's iterations.

Just one little rifle(and a couple of other things..).....Hell I'll send a carton of beer to the modeller...

We guys sth of the equator are just after a little 'community mod loving"......

Any help..(as always),will be greatly appreciated...

Although this may seem a little spamy,its just because of the time difference....

We are awake ..and American and Europe are catching ZZZZ...

Dylan
2008-02-11, 09:47
Perhaps when I get more time on my hands I would help. At the moment I have a commitment with 2 mods. That does sound like some fun models to make. :(

Z-trooper
2008-02-11, 09:49
Not to an ass or something, but:

if you really want this mod to get going - wait till one or more of the other mods are 100% done so there are some resources to recruit from.
Cause with the Germans JUST started up, many of the modelers and skinners are tied up in that for a while.

Ablack77
2008-02-11, 10:00
why not get the ball rolling though :)

nedlands1
2008-02-11, 10:11
I think it would be best to start now and establish our priorities and the overall plan. A lot of the teams are wrapping up too. That'll free up talent :grin:. There is also a fair amount of overlap with the assets in this mod and others (eg M4A1, M72 LAW, USP, Browning Hi-Power, Minimi, M9 bayonet, Remington 870, Stinger, smoke grenade, Black Hawk, Tiger, Abrams, LAV-25 (ASLAV) and F-1 8). With mod teams making and optimising these assets, a lot of the work is done for us :D. Things like the Carl Gustav M3 can be included into other factions too (US, Canadians, Israelis and Germans).

Z-trooper
2008-02-11, 10:17
why not get the ball rolling though :)

My main argument would be:

If nothing happens in the start of the project, people will lose interrest, and especially modders will - cause if they feel like its going nowhere any effort they put into it will be send into the void.

The reason the germans were so successfull was that they had free resources and a lot of WIPs were started. If you dont have those resources, no models/skins will be made, thus making it seem like its stalling.

my sence.

Maxfragg
2008-02-11, 11:08
i also think we have at the moment enough mod projects, help those existing so that they get ingame and then we could perhaps also do an australian faction, but at the moment there is a better use for our resources.
if there are too much projects it lowers the chance of them to get it finished

LekyIRL
2008-02-11, 11:41
At the very least give them their own sub-forum so they can get orgainsed.
Even if they don't starting working at least they'll have a plan.

nedlands1
2008-02-11, 11:50
i also think we have at the moment enough mod projects, help those existing so that they get ingame and then we could perhaps also do an australian faction, but at the moment there is a better use for our resources.
if there are too much projects it lowers the chance of them to get it finished

As I said before...

I think it would be best to start now and establish our priorities and the overall plan. A lot of the teams are wrapping up too. That'll free up talent :grin:. There is also a fair amount of overlap with the assets in this mod and others (eg M4A1, M72 LAW, USP, Browning Hi-Power, Minimi, M9 bayonet, Remington 870, Stinger, smoke grenade, Black Hawk, Tiger, Abrams, LAV-25 (ASLAV) and F-1 :cool:. With mod teams making and optimising these assets, a lot of the work is done for us :grin:. Things like the Carl Gustav M3 can be included into other factions too (US, Canadians, Israelis and Germans)....a lot of the assets have already completed or just need a skinning. Other mods will finish shortly as well. We really only need the Austeyr and it's derivatives done along with the Carl Gustav M3 in terms of weapons. For vehicles, the Unimog and Bushmaster will suffice although the other vehicles really just require a reskin. Placeholders of the F1 grenade, USP and M4A1 could be the M67 grenade, the Browning Hi-Power and the current vBF2 M4A1 respectively. If those basics things, along with player models, are done we are pretty much good for a first release.

WallyJas
2008-02-11, 11:57
Guys, feel free to jump onto Northern Exposure (http://www.northernexposuremod.com), download the mod and use the F88 and variants plus anything else in the mod that you wish to use.

There is a reskinned Tiger from Euro forces, a custom PC9, reskinned Blackhawk plus an OpFor in the form of a ficticious force called the Kamarians (reskinned MEC SF). If anyone knows anything about the ADF they will know that that is the enemy the Aussies fight agaist when they on exercise.

Do PM me before you use the vehicles though because one of them is *ahhhumm* not 100% legit and I might need to explain a few things first. Also the models may not be up to PR minimum standards so do check them all out before you get too excited.

nedlands1
2008-02-11, 12:08
Guys, feel free to jump onto Northern Exposure (http://www.northernexposuremod.com), download the mod and use the F88 and variants plus anything else in the mod that you wish to use. There is a reskinned Tiger from Euro forces, a custom PC9, reskinned Blackhawk plus an OpFor in the form of a ficticious force called the Kamarians (reskinned MEC SF). If anyone knows anything about the ADF they will know that that is the enemy the Aussies fight agaist when they on exercise. Do PM me before you use the vehicles though because one of them is *ahhhumm* not 100% legit and I might need to explain a few things first.

Not "kosher" as the IDF boys might put it? :-D Thanks for the offer. We definitely will take a long hard look at it and take some stuff from it if possible. Personally I like the PC9 :o.

Ragni<RangersPL>
2008-02-11, 13:28
The more the better :D

General Dragosh
2008-02-11, 15:56
I just had a vision(maybe by god, but i still don't belive in him)

I imagined PR to have 10 community factions...

Maybe this is proof that my little sponge brain is damaged ! ;)

LekyIRL
2008-02-11, 15:57
based on the GIF in your sig it is:-P

General Dragosh
2008-02-11, 16:17
based on the GIF in your sig it is:-P

lol :mrgreen:

bigbossmatt
2008-02-11, 21:01
I'm totally behind this!

Aestabjoo
2008-02-11, 22:37
All info is in here:
Australian Army - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Army#Equipment)

Scout Chopper = Kiowa
Transport Chopper (New) = MRH-90
Transport Chopper (Old)= Blackhawk
Attack Chopper = Eurocopter Tiger

Tank (New) = M1A1 Abrams
Tank (Old) = Leopard

Vehicle Scout = Land Rover
Vehicle Transport = Bushmaster

APC Transport = M113
APC Attack = ASLAV-25

Interestingly enough, the F88 doesn't come stock standard with iron sights.

All infantry are issued with an F88 AuStyer.
Support = F89 Minimi
SpecOps = M4
Marksman = SR-25
Light AT = 66mm (single use, single man operation)
Heavy AT = Javelin

Desertfox
2008-02-11, 22:55
Not to an ass or something, but:

if you really want this mod to get going - wait till one or more of the other mods are 100% done so there are some resources to recruit from.
Cause with the Germans JUST started up, many of the modelers and skinners are tied up in that for a while.

This is my opinion also and not that of the PR team, but atm there are quite a few community mod's and once a couple are done like ZZEZ said, there will be more people to work on the others :)

azn_chopsticks_boi
2008-02-11, 23:01
The only main problem would be F88 and the Carl gustav rifle. You guys have my support. :D

edit: did not see the other mod, Northern Exposure, which will give you guys a lit help

Teek
2008-02-12, 00:26
All info is in here:
Australian Army - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Army#Equipment)

Scout Chopper = Kiowa not needed
Transport Chopper (New) = MRH-90 BH should fit fine
Transport Chopper (Old)= Blackhawk Reskin
Attack Chopper = Eurocopter Tiger Reskin the PLA chopper, its a Eurocopter

Tank (New) = M1A1 Abrams reskin
Tank (Old) = Leopard

Vehicle Scout = Land Rover reskin
Vehicle Transport = Bushmaster Use the IDF Golan as a base?

APC Transport = M113
APC Attack = ASLAV-25 reskin

Support = F89 Minimi WIP
SpecOps = M4 done
Marksman = SR-25 done
Light AT = 66mm done (single use, single man operation)
Heavy AT = Javelin ...uhoh...

Need quite abit of skinners

Mongolian_dude
2008-02-12, 00:29
I would recommend we get some of these community mods finished first before we take wnything else on.
The upside of that is you will have all these R-cons and community modders waiting around for something to do. Progress should be quick and you can chose from the best.

Dont forget that all thse new factions will need maps.

...mongol...

nedlands1
2008-02-12, 06:58
All info is in here:

Scout Chopper = Kiowa
Transport Chopper (New) = MRH-90
Transport Chopper (Old)= Blackhawk
Attack Chopper = Eurocopter Tiger

Tank (New) = M1A1 Abrams
Tank (Old) = Leopard

Vehicle Scout = Land Rover
Vehicle Transport = Bushmaster

APC Transport = M113
APC Attack = ASLAV-25

Support = F89 Minimi
SpecOps = M4
Marksman = SR-25
Light AT = 66mm (single use, single man operation)
Heavy AT = Javelin

Things to mention:
Kiowa is apparently being phased out with it's reconnaissance role being undertaken by the new Tiger Attack Helicopters.
The Blackhawk is the easiest to implement. Taking off the guns is a 1 minute job and reskinning it shouldn't be exceedingly time consuming compared to making a whole new model.
SR-25 is only used by the special forces in Australia according to wikipedia. After looking into this, it appears wikipedia is wrong as I have confirmation that both 3RAR and 2RAR (both not special forces) have it. I believe it is being used as a sniper rifle currently. According to this thread (http://www.strategypage.com/militaryforums/512-41768.aspx), the SR-25 will become a marksmen's rifle along side a "a fancy F88". I haven't found any confirmation of this though. A model was made a while ago. Apparently it was overly detailed. More information required on this. Note: Mk12 rifle currently modelled is not a SR-25.
The Javelin was deemed overly powerful by the Devs, therefore the Carl Gustav M3 is the next best option. Extra ammo could be provided if it turns out that the weapon isn't powerful enough.
A normal F88 AuSteyr (carry handle 1.5x scope) could be a temporary replacement for the F88C AuSteyr if need be.

+SiN+headhunter
2008-02-12, 08:16
Guys I knocked up a stand alone PR mini-mod this arvo, it has the ADF Commando faction in it as well as a couple of Steyrs. See screen's below.

Now I am not wanting to steal thunder from Nedlands and Ancient, they the guys that have started this, it's just that I know how much work is invloved (a crap load) and I thought if I got you guys started then there was more of a chance of the mod finishing.

I'll have something for you all to download probably tomorrow night, till then start pulling in favours and get a server admin ready to put this on a server for us all to test.

http://bobsbooks.typepad.com/northern_exposure/files/screen528.jpg

http://bobsbooks.typepad.com/northern_exposure/files/screen529.jpg

http://bobsbooks.typepad.com/northern_exposure/files/screen530.jpg

http://bobsbooks.typepad.com/northern_exposure/files/screen531.jpg

So it has begun.
Very basic for now but the wheel's have begun to turn
Can we have a sec in forums like the other community mods pretty please??

AncientMan
2008-02-12, 08:27
It has, but it does need some serious work to get it anywhere near PR quality. Hence the request for experienced BF2 modelers and skinners.

monatu
2008-02-12, 09:47
bump for having own Sub-forum

Madhouse
2008-02-12, 09:49
I totally endorse this project :D

And i am willing to help

Jonny
2008-02-12, 09:58
I have Steel Thunder >here< (http://www.4shared.com/file/33654121/3bb55c12/mappack1.html) if you want to download it, also in that file are Mao Valley and Jungle Fever.

The mk12 could be a placeholder for the SR25.

Shotgun
2008-02-12, 10:44
I need some help with the mapping, who's in

Jonny
2008-02-12, 11:08
Well I have a 32p dedicated server, unfortunately for this mod its european, and I can get ~20 testers to test the gameplay on smaller sizes and test the layout for glitches. I dont have the editor so I cant do much more than that.

Ablack77
2008-02-12, 11:49
I would love to help in any way i can :D

i'm currently teaching myself modeling and photoshop,
i'm certainly not 'good' at either but i'm busting my gut to get good as quick as i can so i'm able to help out.

BTW nice work wally :)

milsims.blogspot.com
2008-02-12, 20:11
This mod would be awesome. Not being biased or anything! It would be great to see the MRH90 added instead of the BH or in addition to it. Especially if the ARH Tiger will be added. I'm standing in front of 1 of each right now!

Shotgun
2008-02-12, 23:53
Do you support the ADF Mod well if you do wear the right sig

The one im wearing is dedicated to the creation of the ADF mod, wear it and show your support

http://www.bigdgaming.net/image.php?u=909&type=sigpic&dateline=1202857789

also does any1 know a way to flood a map with texture because ive been working for 2 hours and still not covered with layer 1

[T]Terranova7
2008-02-13, 00:29
There's a program called BF2_Tpaint, I just can't find a working link.

Shotgun
2008-02-13, 01:33
There's a program called BF2_Tpaint, I just can't find a working link.

yes i have that but it doesn't seem to do anything

Tonnie
2008-02-13, 03:05
I have been trying to get this up and running for awile!!!

If anyone wants in please pm me thanks

ghost_dog
2008-02-13, 03:51
Yes I want in on this. I want to be involved with the Soldiers kit skins look.
Cant believe Iam going to see the Australian flag raised.
what do I need and info, Iam no photoshop expert But I have the imagination and ideas that I think alot will like. Got to get the look of our soldiers just right.
Besides we look better than the Americans and British heheheheheeh right mates!

Shotgun
2008-02-13, 04:48
u guy need to speak to Nedland and Ancient man

Shotgun
2008-02-13, 09:19
whats happening so far u may ask?

Well take a look

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/SirChuc/sshot-1.jpg

http://bobsbooks.typepad.com/northern_exposure/files/USTHE_UH60.jpg

sorry classified :P

+SiN+headhunter
2008-02-13, 09:29
Yes I want in on this. I want to be involved with the Soldiers kit skins look.
Cant believe Iam going to see the Australian flag raised.
what do I need and info, Iam no photoshop expert But I have the imagination and ideas that I think alot will like. Got to get the look of our soldiers just right.
Besides we look better than the Americans and British heheheheheeh right mates!
PR ADF Community Mod - BigD Gaming Community (http://www.bigdgaming.net/showthread.php?t=3677) go here please mate we'd love some help

master of the templars
2008-02-13, 09:33
this pic of the tank reskin isnt official its something im working on but hopefuly the ones working on the real mod it will accept it when its finished. its still a WIP http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h72/mott_photos/screen004.jpg

AncientMan
2008-02-13, 11:24
Updated the design plan.

Google Docs - ADF Forces Design Plan (http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pMuwtEWIPelTB25bOwgTzAA)

It's mainly just skin edits at the moment, but there is progress :).

A go ahead from the devs would be great, plus a forum section, but I'm not greedy. It would help though with organising everything.

azn_chopsticks_boi
2008-02-14, 02:44
might take a while, same thing happen to the German faction :\ and i am pretty sure the germans will allow the ADF to use the H&K USP

Shotgun
2008-02-14, 08:02
this is moving

Jantje|NL^
2008-02-14, 17:37
Oooooh, I wanna have a kangarooooh!

milsims.blogspot.com
2008-02-14, 20:46
Nice work!

Fearosius
2008-02-15, 16:01
As a fellow Aussie, I would love to see a ADF mod for PR. I play Ausforces for vBF2 and that was pretty cool too. Just an exception with H-AT/L-AT, perhaps Carl Gustav could be L-AT (seeing as its 84mm like the USMC AT4) and perhaps SRAW for Aussies (although we don't use SRAW)? You're choice though. Also that F1 grenade in-game isn't the same one that the ADF use, it one we use, looks like this:

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb83/outbackofnowhere/f1.jpg

[EzY]_f0r3st.au
2008-02-15, 21:11
so many keen people to help out its awesome, especially australia with such a strong player base and i think with a australian faction it would introduce so many more new players.
after trolling the BigD forums there is deffinately the talent and support, if only we could get some skins and models of the aus bf mod would be awesome.

Cant wait to see if this gets a go ahead.

Shotgun
2008-02-17, 03:56
As a fellow Aussie, I would love to see a ADF mod for PR. I play Ausforces for vBF2 and that was pretty cool too. Just an exception with H-AT/L-AT, perhaps Carl Gustav could be L-AT (seeing as its 84mm like the USMC AT4) and perhaps SRAW for Aussies (although we don't use SRAW)? You're choice though. Also that F1 grenade in-game isn't the same one that the ADF use, it one we use, looks like this:

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb83/outbackofnowhere/f1.jpg

the f1 grenade is being sorted now, unfortunately i will have to leave ancient and ned up to the the pic postin

azn_chopsticks_boi
2008-02-17, 04:17
ooo i looked around on the site, and some of the stuff looks good :]

Shotgun
2008-02-17, 08:09
we just need the go ahead from the Devs and we can hunker down and get a great mod goin

milsims.blogspot.com
2008-02-18, 20:08
Here's come recent pics for anyone doing the 90.

azn_chopsticks_boi
2008-02-20, 11:35
Is there any interesting updates with the ADF?

nedlands1
2008-02-20, 12:08
Is there any interesting updates with the ADF?

We are just about to put together a promo. Patience my friend.

Shotgun
2008-02-25, 09:15
whats happening,any updates

Celica`
2008-02-27, 13:52
Here's come recent pics for anyone doing the 90.

Well we from the Dutch Forces mod need the NH90 aswell, so maybe we could team up on that one.

azn_chopsticks_boi
2008-02-27, 18:33
Well we from the Dutch Forces mod need the NH90 aswell, so maybe we could team up on that one.

Germans could use one as well ;)

[SpecOps]Shadow
2008-02-27, 23:17
I've been hanging out for the ADF to make its way into PR ... lets keep the ball rolling on this one :grin:.

If its needed I can help out with mapping when the time comes. I'm sure everyone knows this but just in case ... there is the Aust. Forces mod for BF2 which I believe is comming to an end. I know they have all the weapons and vehilces done to a reasonable standard so maybe this might be a good source for material? I think some of the Devs contacted them earlier but I dont know how that went.

Anyhow keep up the good work!

nedlands1
2008-02-28, 03:14
M35 Supply Truck With AusCam Paint Scheme http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/dd155/nedlands1/?action=view&current=bf2-20080218-105113.png
- A placeholder for the Unimog

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd155/nedlands1/bf2-20080228-122805.png
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd155/nedlands1/bf2-20080228-122816.png
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd155/nedlands1/bf2-20080228-122852.png
http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/dd155/nedlands1/?action=view&current=bf2-20080218-105218.png

nedlands1
2008-02-28, 03:26
ASLAV with AusCam Paint Scheme
- The APC of the ADF faction

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd155/nedlands1/bf2-20080228-122931.png
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd155/nedlands1/bf2-20080228-123122.png
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd155/nedlands1/bf2-20080228-123142.png

nedlands1
2008-02-28, 03:32
M1A1 AIM Abrams with Desert Cam Paint Scheme
- The MBT of the ADF faction

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd155/nedlands1/bf2-20080228-123530.png
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd155/nedlands1/bf2-20080228-123503.png

nedlands1
2008-02-28, 03:52
Victoria Bitter
- The official beer of the ADF faction (talking Boony doll not included)

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd155/nedlands1/bf2-20080228-134633.png

Chuc
2008-02-28, 05:05
King among men, Neddy. Excellent shots :D

nedlands1
2008-02-28, 05:12
Chuc;618451']King among men, Neddy. Excellent shots :D

Lord of them all, Chuc. Brilliant skins :grin:

Ablack77
2008-02-28, 12:07
Shadow;618310']-snip-

FYI i finally managed to get a response from the dev's of Australian Forces,
They (in no uncertain terms) will not share their work,
I asked the question and was told that they are asked almost every week and their answer is a definite NO

They don't care that their mod is all but dead (it IS dead they just won't admit it)

Such a shame that all their work is wasted as it would be perfect for PR.

But that's ok we'll do it ourselves and BETTER :)

Skins are looking fantastic guys - you should be proud.

Hfett
2008-02-28, 14:05
FYI i finally managed to get a response from the dev's of Australian Forces,
They (in no uncertain terms) will not share their work,
I asked the question and was told that they are asked almost every week and their answer is a definite NO

Are you sure?
Well I talked to Beex some time ago(more than 1 mounth) and they said they were going on 1 more release and after that they would probably be moving to another engine/indie game, and maybe would share some assets but no confirmation.
It would be nice for the Aussie guys wich would be able to play online along with all the PR fans.
But please i dont want to see no one bashing them for not sharing, it is their work and they do what they want with it of course i would love if they share it, but lets not hate if they dont :roll:

Jantje|NL^
2008-02-28, 21:12
nedlands1;618424']

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd155/nedlands1/bf2-20080228-123142.png
[/I]

Those numbers,.. left corner down.

???

Shotgun
2008-02-29, 05:27
lol numbers look like the numbers were put on the front and mirrored

Jantje|NL^
2008-02-29, 09:55
lol numbers look like the numbers were put on the front and mirrored

ah ok.

nevermind..

Ablack77
2008-02-29, 12:48
Hfett;618645']Are you sure?
Well I talked to Beex some time ago(more than 1 mounth) and they said they were going on 1 more release and after that they would probably be moving to another engine/indie game, and maybe would share some assets but no confirmation.
It would be nice for the Aussie guys wich would be able to play online along with all the PR fans.
But please i dont want to see no one bashing them for not sharing, it is their work and they do what they want with it of course i would love if they share it, but lets not hate if they dont :roll:

They didn't seem in a sharing mood, apparently BEEX's work is reserved for the indie game, a few of us have been PM'img both BEEX and arkanis50 and others many times with absolutely no response whatsoever.
(which hey that's fine, it's their choice) so after the PM's I decided to reply to one of their threads, have a read if you like:Internode Games Network :: View topic - The "Harden The F**k Up" Thread (http://games.internode.on.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1698107#1698107)

And NO NO NO Hfett please don't take me the wrong way, I won't hold it against them if they don't want to share their work,
it's just that I've played Aus forces and been following their progress for quite some time
and it's like "damn" it's all there, great models, animations, skins, etc etc, all the work is done, but nobody plays the darn mod.
it's just such a shame, i really feel for the guys.
And I know if they contributed to towards PR they'd get some of the appreciation that they deserve.
(not to mention damn handy for the 'possible' ADF faction)

But hey, if it's not to be - then it's not to be.

nedlands1
2008-03-07, 04:23
Tiger ARH with AusCam Paint Scheme
- The attack helicopter of the ADF faction

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd155/nedlands1/bf2-20080228-123341.png
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd155/nedlands1/bf2-20080228-123415.png
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd155/nedlands1/bf2-20080228-123429.png

Jaymz
2008-03-07, 04:34
*slaps on seal of approval* :thumbsup:

Shotgun
2008-03-08, 11:37
nice chopper, and woo seal of approval

ghost_dog
2008-03-12, 04:19
Excellent job well done.

$pyker
2008-03-13, 07:27
I fully support this idea.

ANZACs and the ADF have been a fighting force in many, many wars as well as peacekeeping missons, etc worldwide.

I LOVE ANZAC BISCUITS!!!!

$pyker
2008-03-13, 07:28
nedlands1;623698']Tiger ARH with AusCam Paint Scheme
- The attack helicopter of the ADF faction

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd155/nedlands1/bf2-20080228-123341.png
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd155/nedlands1/bf2-20080228-123415.png
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd155/nedlands1/bf2-20080228-123429.png

I NEED TO FLY THAT CHOPPER!!

BloodBane611
2008-03-13, 22:35
That is by far the sexiest chopper that may grace PR.

Shotgun
2008-03-14, 06:31
That is by far the sexiest chopper that may grace PR.

dam straight it is

woo this is gonna be an awsome mod

MAINERROR
2008-03-14, 10:12
It is very nice but the sexiest chopper in PR will be the CH-46!

Saint
2008-03-14, 10:14
Well... what should i say? AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE

nedlands1
2008-03-14, 11:27
OIE OIE OIE!

Fearosius
2008-03-14, 12:14
I hope to get some aussie voices, I don't mind doing a few on my new microphone 4 ya.

nedlands1
2008-03-27, 04:37
Bushmaster IMV (early WIP render)
- The "playtime" of the ADF faction

http://aycu40.webshots.com/image/49679/2003349285305931928_rs.jpg
http://aycu21.webshots.com/image/48660/2003372595553211932_rs.jpg

nedlands1
2008-03-27, 05:39
Perentie Long Range Patrol Vehicle (early WIP render)
- The patrol vehicle of choice for the SASR and light cavalry

http://aycu10.webshots.com/image/50689/2003301831849435564_rs.jpg
http://aycu16.webshots.com/image/49895/2003350625814369206_rs.jpg

azn_chopsticks_boi
2008-03-27, 18:28
the question is

y does the ADF does not have a sub forums yet?

Jantje|NL^
2008-03-27, 18:33
the question is

y does the ADF does not have a sub forums yet?

downunder they do things different tho :-?

supahpingi
2008-03-27, 19:31
come on devs,gief the guys a sub forum!!!!
nice mod dudes,really really nice.....!

milsims.blogspot.com
2008-03-27, 22:11
hey hey MRH90 made it to the list. I am happy.

Shotgun
2008-03-27, 23:23
Lookin fantastic, been workin on a map myself, will post up some early WIP pics if we get a sub forum :grin:

SytheAvenger
2008-03-29, 02:39
I've read all 10 pages and all posts and this looks to be a great mod. I've only recently joined project reality and its community. since i started i thought it was the best game ever! up their with Crysis and A.A. i didn't think it could get any better....... now that I've seen this I'm wrong. my suggestion is to actually have maps in the pacific maybe even the kakoda trek again

Shotgun
2008-03-29, 03:47
I've read all 10 pages and all posts and this looks to be a great mod. I've only recently joined project reality and its community. since i started i thought it was the best game ever! up their with Crysis and A.A. i didn't think it could get any better....... now that I've seen this I'm wrong. my suggestion is to actually have maps in the pacific maybe even the kakoda trek again

Well first off WELCOME

As a community mod this mod is trying to add onto the already great Project Reality game by adding new, weapons, Factions and maps.

I personally love your post, its pretty much what I was thinking till I heard this idea.

As far as maps go, its a Long and painful process, but we shall see how we go.

Chuc
2008-03-29, 03:53
Hmm a Kokoda Track style map..

Madhouse
2008-03-29, 05:42
A muddy track through dense jungle, in counter-attack mode... :)

Tonnie
2008-03-31, 00:38
i like the idea

Tonnie
2008-03-31, 01:04
Updated render models of the F88-c F88-GLA and the F88-s.

http://aycu22.webshots.com/image/49781/2001137567857878239_rs.jpg

Glimmerman
2008-03-31, 07:16
Looking good guys!
I wonder why they havent got a subforum yet?

Tonnie
2008-03-31, 23:33
http://aycu28.webshots.com/image/50307/2006210183122152642_rs.jpg
http://aycu35.webshots.com/image/49074/2006253845185844539_rs.jpg
http://aycu14.webshots.com/image/51413/2006274397003776728_rs.jpg

azn_chopsticks_boi
2008-04-01, 00:52
Might want to work scope of the F88-S, seems kind of plain, unless its that way.

nedlands1
2008-04-01, 03:01
Might want to work scope of the F88-S, seems kind of plain, unless its that way.

The F88-S doesn't have a scope. The "S" designation refers to a variant of the AuSteyr with a Picatinny rail instead of the traditional, carry handle, 1.5x, optical sight. We are planning to use a number of scopes on this rifle (namely an 4x ACOG, an Elcan "Wildcat" scope and possibly the 1.5x ADI scope, which is on it now).

Shotgun
2008-04-01, 04:27
wow wow wow wow wow wow wow

this is gonna be a great mod, we all know the best of the best comes from Australia.

Examples.

Steve Irwin
Kangaroo's
This Mod
Ladies

and most importantly

and The new Holden VE
AKA
Pontiac GT somethin

jonjacob34
2008-04-07, 08:02
hey tonnie are the ADF or any australian unit using these yet?

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb157/jonjacob34/aug.jpg

Maxfragg
2008-04-07, 11:22
nice moddel

Rudd
2008-04-07, 14:02
wow wow wow wow wow wow wow

this is gonna be a great mod, we all know the best of the best comes from Australia...

...Ladies

QFT

I wonder when you guys will get ur own subforum

I've never played with a bad aus player, you guys rock.

Tonnie
2008-04-08, 02:27

Ok i really shouldn't be saying but my unit along with 1 RAR have been testing out these... They prob wont be used as a standed issue weapon but yer...:grin:

And you didnt here it from me...8-)

Tonnie
2008-04-08, 02:28
nice model too... what ref pics did you use

nedlands1
2008-04-08, 03:05

A3 version?

jonjacob34
2008-04-08, 03:20
nice model too... what ref pics did you use

i use airsoft toy's as a mean to gauge detail since most of the time they are 100% accurate, i'll also use picture i find on the net, but i don't have any hidden resources so there ya go. once i finish the A3 maybe your ADF mod could us the A3 as a spec ops kit?

nedlands1;648475']A3 version?

yup

supahpingi
2008-04-08, 08:26
guys it would be cool if u would put all screens and models on the main 1st page of this thread,and also info,so we dont have to read 12 pages to see some stuff :)

Maxfragg
2008-04-08, 11:40
would be cool for the specops perhaps ? with eotech ?

Madhouse
2008-04-08, 11:53
eotech... noooo we dont use them

azn_chopsticks_boi
2008-04-08, 22:58
Congrats guys

supahpingi
2008-04-09, 14:09
YAAAAAY,congrats on ur own forums :)

Maxfragg
2008-04-09, 14:59
what reddots do you use? (if any)

nedlands1
2008-04-09, 16:52
what reddots do you use? (if any)

Not many issued, if I am not mistaken. You could say the 1.5x ADI optical sight, which we use in large numbers, is a similar "bit of kit".

http://www.steyraug.net/images/accessories/ADI%20Scope%2002.jpg

Tonnie
2008-05-18, 16:17
Just one little rifle(and a couple of other things..).....Hell I'll send a carton of beer to the modeller...

I Better see that beer at my front door lol... (xxxx Gold)

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t187/tonnie15/1-2.jpg

Sandy_Beret
2008-06-07, 07:09
I am also a 3D modeller. I am not fond of texturing but if someone can provide me with blueprints I can model. Also - need to know the format it is required in.

ReconAus
2008-06-07, 10:08
Looking good Tonnie
Catcha on xfire

ReconAus

Beafy
2008-08-26, 00:18
Oh yes i would love this ADF Mod included

http://www.geocities.com/weaponsoftheaustralianarmy/aug20b.gif

time to put this beast into action

The Austyer is an Australian produced version of the Austrian-designed Styer AUG. Designed in 1977 the Styer's futuristic 'Bullpup' layout alows for shorter barrels, better concealibilty and longer ranges. The use of advanced plastics in the design have also caused this rifle to be very light. Recoil is realitivly low and the Austyer is easy to aim and quite accurate. The Austyer's frail appearance disguises a very robust weapon.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Calibre: 5.56mm F1 Ball

Length: 790mm (31.1in)

Weight: 3.6kg (7.93lb)

Barrel: 508mm (20in), 6 grooves, rh twist

Operation: Gas

Rate of Fire: 650rpm

Magazine Capacity: 30-round detachable box magazine

Muzzle Velocity: 970mps (3182fps)

Effective Range: 400m (1640ft) plus

ill think youll find its more like M/V 7780 FPS

MAINERROR
2008-08-26, 11:10
Aw man thats my number one community faction. I can't wait to play it.

J.F.Leusch69
2008-09-02, 18:51
no updates on the design plan and what about the maps?

Bleach
2008-11-03, 09:13
I am all for this

ReconAus
2008-11-03, 15:14
J.F.Leusch69;789232']no updates on the design plan and what about the maps?

Like Ancient said before Tonnie15 did most of the models for the ADF, but he didn't send them to any of the ADF devs before he was deployed to Afghan for 8 months. Ancient did try and contact him and he said he was trying to get his brother to send him a disc with all the models on it, but has yet to receive it.

Map wise there are 2 main maps in the works with a few others in the early stages.

Recon

Madhouse
2008-11-04, 08:18
Map wise there are 2 main maps in the works with a few others in the early stages.

Really now?

Albatross
2008-12-06, 15:11
Google Docs - ADF Forces Design Plan (http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pMuwtEWIPelTB25bOwgTzAA)

Is this up to date or is the spreadsheet on where everything is at out dated?

Cheers in advance

nedlands1
2008-12-07, 03:35

Is this up to date or is the spreadsheet on where everything is at out dated?

Cheers in advance

The spreadsheet isn't up to date. That being said, nothing much has been done lately.

shifty66
2008-12-08, 05:33
Why is that?

AncientMan
2008-12-08, 08:59
Things don't help when our only modeller gets deployed and fails to upload the files. His brother also failed to send me a disc with them after me talking to him and giving him my postal address and him saying I'll send it today... That was 3 months ago almost (should've taken 3 days in the post).

I'm still trying to get in contact with Tonnie, but it's not going the greatest. Thinking we might need to try and find some more modellers and make all the models again.

Rudd
2008-12-08, 09:35
that would be a real shame, especially about the player models

how much longer has he got on his tour? I mean...you've waited this long :wink:

ReconAus
2008-12-08, 09:44
he should be back mid next year hopefully

Recon

Madhouse
2008-12-08, 11:05
He started his deployment in October, and ADF deployments last 6months.

So we're looking at March next year until he is home.

gazzthompson
2008-12-08, 11:16
what about leave ?

marcoelnk
2008-12-08, 13:25
AncientMan;865943']Things don't help when our only modeller gets deployed and fails to upload the files. His brother also failed to send me a disc with them after me talking to him and giving him my postal address and him saying I'll send it today... That was 3 months ago almost (should've taken 3 days in the post).

I'm still trying to get in contact with Tonnie, but it's not going the greatest. Thinking we might need to try and find some more modellers and make all the models again.
you wont believe how often that happened to me or better to say the German Forces Mod... people saying they do sth , and not doing it at all. people saying they need 1,2 dasy to finish it and not finishing it in a year...
its sad but true.

AncientMan
2008-12-08, 13:47
Madhouse, he said he would be gone for 9 months... Hmm...

Marcoelnk, it's not that he didn't do it. All the models were done and UV'd, he just didn't send them to anyone after me spamming him getting him to do it and him saying he would, but didn't :(. Oh well, we'll get there eventually :-P.

ReconAus
2008-12-08, 14:25
He started his deployment in October, and ADF deployments last 6months.

So we're looking at March next year until he is home.

Atm the Aussie Army has 8 month deployments as the minimum except in special circumstances and units.

Recon

shifty66
2008-12-09, 07:11
what about leave ?

Pretty sure he is OS mate.

Sabre-Oz
2008-12-09, 20:24
I can help with abit 2d stuff if need be, PM me if ya need some textures worked on.

Tonnie
2009-04-08, 05:02
Hey guys long time... I got back from deployment awile back now just been pretty busy at home and stuff so i havent been able to post much here on the forums... but that will change as of NOW!!!! lol :P

Lets try and get the weels moving again on the ADF Faction shall we.

My progress report is as follows:
Working on atm:
- Kits ( They only need import and texture )
- ASLAVs ( Had to restart them as i lost the files with having to format and stuff long story dont ask lol )
- Styers ( Imports needed on all )

ReconAus
2009-04-08, 05:10
Good to see you back tonnie ;), shame about the ASLAV they were looking great

Recon

Tonnie
2009-04-08, 05:15
cheers mate.. yer sucks about the aslavs but there were a few bugs with the other one anyway...

rangedReCon
2009-04-08, 05:15
Welcome back! Hope to see more awesome things from you.

Tonnie
2009-04-08, 05:20
Welcome back! Hope to see more awesome things from you.

Yer lets hope so lol :P

Glimmerman
2009-04-08, 08:57
Bushmasterrrrrrrrrr............

stozzcheese
2009-04-08, 10:26
welcome back! my bro got back the other day, but he doesnt model aslavs so he can sit in the corner.
good luck with your awesome modeling and such.

got some questions while everyones around =p

-will we use the vanilla blackhawk with the mini guns?
-whats happening with the really good spec ops kit model?

162eRI
2009-04-08, 10:42

Welcome back and I'm all for it. Want to see your faction ingame!!!

I still have to contact my friend for its Pacific buildings statics so he can share them with you.

Rudd
2009-04-08, 11:30
tonnie15;986169']Hey guys long time... I got back from deployment awile back now just been pretty busy at home and stuff so i havent been able to post much here on the forums... but that will change as of NOW!!!! lol :P

Thank god! we were worried that we'd dreamt that you existed!! (that was still a good dream)

Welcome back!

crazy11
2009-04-08, 16:36
tonnie15;986169']Hey guys long time... I got back from deployment awile back now just been pretty busy at home and stuff so i havent been able to post much here on the forums... but that will change as of NOW!!!! lol :P

Great to have you back! I cant wait to see your work:D

catwaterboy
2009-04-09, 00:43
I'm excited now.

Tonnie
2009-04-09, 05:18
One problem atm... i have formated my computer and have happened to lose my copy of 3ds max so it may be a little bit before we see anything new... But it shouldnt be anymore then maybe a week

Sights
2009-04-09, 06:15
Hey, we're just glad to have you back, mate. It's going to be fantastic seeing some decent progress being made again with this faction.

Owen
2009-04-09, 15:18
Oh Lawd, This would be amazing.
Aussie Aussie Aussie (Y)

catwaterboy
2009-04-10, 03:31
Oh Lawd, This would be amazing.
Aussie Aussie Aussie (Y)

Oi oi oi...

AintWarHeLL(hehe)
2009-04-10, 06:40

Good to hear your back :) how long till you go back again, if you have to?

J.Baal
2009-04-12, 10:53
Sorry, didn't read the Entire Topic
Australian Forces mod for Battlefield 2 - Mod DB (http://www.moddb.com/mods/australian-forces)
That been brought up yet?
Any significance?
I'm an Idiot?

Sights
2009-04-12, 11:23
In a sentence?

It's dead now, and when it wasn't, they (the modders) were very uncooperative.

You're not an idiot, but looking around first would've been a good idea.

sykoticsquirrel
2009-04-14, 04:08
when u design the steyr, make sure it has low recoil, you can literaly fire it one handed accuralty

Tonnie
2009-04-14, 04:23
when u design the steyr, make sure it has low recoil, you can literaly fire it one handed accuralty

No you can't!

It is impossible to fire the F88 Styer with one hand and be somewhat accuralty. Trust me i know

Mary.au
2009-04-29, 18:07
I got back from deployment...

F**k. Yeah!

stozzcheese
2009-04-30, 08:02
tonnie15;991749']No you can't!

It is impossible to fire the F88 Styer with one hand and be somewhat accuralty. Trust me i know

cant you read his name right? it says Rambo...

Tonnie
2009-04-30, 08:03
lol... explains everything

stozzcheese
2009-04-30, 08:04
he could probably fire at least at the same time with a pretty good grouping

Tonnie
2009-05-10, 16:28
yer maybe even do a LF6 shoot with his eyes shut too

Adetter
2009-05-10, 16:34
What about holding Brownings in each hand and firing from the hip!

CplChristos
2009-06-06, 00:59
This would be Great to see come together, aussie accents and stuff, would be just another step towards the real "reality" Mod

Great idea !

1.1 Christos Out

Lt.Blackmore
2009-06-06, 06:58
Is their any Unit that uses the AUG A3?? i think that's the one.

Tonnie
2009-06-06, 07:02
Is their any Unit that uses the AUG A3?? i think that's the one.

No ;) all battalions use the F88 Aus Styer apart from SASR and some other ones where they mainly use the m4s and stuff...

Lt.Blackmore
2009-06-07, 02:57
aww well that sucks,The Aug A3 looks F#$@ Epic compared to the A1

[MPN]Slouch2
2009-06-07, 05:37
What about holding Brownings in each hand and firing from the hip!

That can be arranged.

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/875/pdvd005u.jpg

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/6087/pdvd002nuy.jpg

Tonnie
2009-06-07, 07:00
Slouch2;1046551']That can be arranged.

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/875/pdvd005u.jpg

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/6087/pdvd002nuy.jpg

haha lol thats mad... one of our guys got two minimis and let them off by the hip once lol

C.Carcharias
2009-06-07, 11:14
I took a quick look at your design plan...

Does your pilots really fly with the same body armour as your infantrymen?

Does your crewman really drive with the same body armour as your infantrymen?

Isn't that a bit unpractical?

Tonnie
2009-06-07, 11:19

This would mean new soldier models from scratch so no...

C.Carcharias
2009-06-07, 11:43
tonnie15;1046673']This would mean new soldier models from scratch so no...

Guys, have you really made the pilot, witch is going too be inside a aircraft, and the crewman, witch is going too be inside a armored vehicle, with body armour? :26_suicid

I thought you guys where making a faction for the BF2 Mod; Project REALITY!!!...

Tonnie
2009-06-07, 11:49
Guys, have you really made the pilot, witch is going too be inside a aircraft, and the crewman, witch is going too be inside a armored vehicle, with body armour? :26_suicid

I thought you guys where making a faction for the BF2 Mod; Project REALITY!!!...

mate if you keep blasting at this mod like this you can just bugger off...

The amount of time and effort that goes into just one model is huge... some of my models have taken hundreds of hrs to complete (ie the styer and kits)... Even more so the amount of work that has to go into modeling a solder is huge and will need alot of tweaking a modeling... Atm the model is fine...

C.Carcharias
2009-06-07, 12:37
wow, backfire; Criticism of Criticism; lol

Well, I'm not trying too be a jerk, I'm just saying, if you look at the other factions here, you will see that kit's like pilots, crewman, sniper and so on, have light armor, while all of your kit's have heavy armor. Kind of look's like your trying too get an advantage over the other factions. And Australian pilots and crewmen (as defined in PR) in real life does not wear heavy armor, if they even wear som at all.

I thought that you had just taken a british model or something and redone the skin, then just turnd up the armor lvl on the solders.

But I'm sorry, I din't know you guy started from scratch, even tho it kind of makes it look even worse from my point of view, as you should have done some better planing.

But, keep up the good work! I am sure it will all turn out just great!

Chuc
2009-06-07, 12:45
The difference is barely noticable, and on top of that coding-wise it will be no different from the other factions (in fact it will be harder to make such an armour difference). To be honest I haven't even noticed the armour was there to begin with.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t187/tonnie15/1-16.jpg

Aestabjoo
2009-06-07, 16:18
Well, I'm not trying too be a jerk

Trying or not, that's what you're being. Pull your finger out, mate. Seriously.

The way that the models are displayed and the stats behind them are completely seperate. You could have a 10 foot US marine in a robotic exoskeleton as the model, but as long as he has the same stats as a normal rifleman, which is set seperately, then the playability is identical. Point being: It doesn't matter what you see, it's the code behind it that you have to pay attention to.

C.Carcharias
2009-06-07, 17:44
Trying or not, that's what you're being. Pull your finger out, mate. Seriously.

The way that the models are displayed and the stats behind them are completely seperate. You could have a 10 foot US marine in a robotic exoskeleton as the model, but as long as he has the same stats as a normal rifleman, which is set seperately, then the playability is identical. Point being: It doesn't matter what you see, it's the code behind it that you have to pay attention to.

I'm talking about there design plan, where it say's that the pilots, crewman, and sniper got the same armour(heavy) as the rifleman, grenadier, and so on.

And as this is Project Reality, I used there REAL armed forces as an example.

Hauteclocque
2009-06-07, 19:03
You could trust their spreadsheet if it was up to date, it's not the case...so it's not worth speaking about that, specially for such a detail which will hardly be remarkable in game...

[MPN]Slouch2
2009-06-07, 21:41

Many pilots DO fly with body armour on.

Will be back with pics soon, gotta search through my archives.

HangMan_
2009-06-09, 05:36
calln the faction "ANZAC" would be cool :) just speakn up fr the kiwis here but we r prety much fightn evrywhere the aussies are evn tho they wont admit it ;) either way it'll b a cool army to play.

Tonnie
2009-06-09, 05:51
calln the faction "ANZAC" would be cool :) just speakn up fr the kiwis here but we r prety much fightn evrywhere the aussies are evn tho they wont admit it ;) either way it'll b a cool army to play.

We wont be doing an ANZAC faction, reason being that the NZ forces use alot of diffrent vehicles then the ADF... And the adf faction was built on the idea of getting the aussies ingame not the kiwis ;) srry Salvak ;)

Watch this vid... Note i have alot of respect for some of the NZ army guys as i have served with them before ;)
RenRILqwhJs

HangMan_
2009-06-09, 06:54
hahaha im nt evn gna argue. its totally true and we all knw it lol. dw i realised it was a silly suggestion prety much as soon as i posted it as kiwis have diff DPM's to aussies :)

Tonnie
2009-06-17, 07:30
Ok reworked the google speadsheet as it had not been touched since 19/5/08. Completely redone Prioritys and stat updates.

can be found here ADF Design Plan (http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pMuwtEWIPelTB25bOwgTzAA)

PinkFloyd-
2009-06-17, 07:56
wow, backfire; Criticism of Criticism; lol

Well, I'm not trying too be a jerk, I'm just saying, if you look at the other factions here, you will see that kit's like pilots, crewman, sniper and so on, have light armor, while all of your kit's have heavy armor. Kind of look's like your trying too get an advantage over the other factions. And Australian pilots and crewmen (as defined in PR) in real life does not wear heavy armor, if they even wear som at all.

I thought that you had just taken a british model or something and redone the skin, then just turnd up the armor lvl on the solders.

But I'm sorry, I din't know you guy started from scratch, even tho it kind of makes it look even worse from my point of view, as you should have done some better planing.

But, keep up the good work! I am sure it will all turn out just great!

Why don't you go make some new models from scratch?

Would you ever see the pilots clothing whilst in a transport chopper?
Do you see the crewmen wearing armour whilst they are shooting at you?

I think not. Sure, if you had a pilot or crewman standing next to you for the duration of the game it would be a different story, but most of the time these classes are in vehicles and are unseen.

Durkie
2009-06-17, 08:00
Looking good you got most of you vehicles but isn't it an idea to put the maps that are indevelopment in your design plan

cyberzomby
2009-06-17, 08:31
I love that video about the australians versus the new zealanders :P I love the part where he says: To mark the day, we have crushed the kiwi's!

Tonnie
2009-06-17, 08:59
Looking good you got most of you vehicles but isn't it an idea to put the maps that are indevelopment in your design plan

Yes but as it stands i dont know what maps are in progress as many have just stopped and not told anyone

cyberzomby;1055954']I love that video about the australians versus the new zealanders :P I love the part where he says: To mark the day, we have crushed the kiwi's!

yes thats my fav part too lol

Warpig-
2009-06-17, 10:39
I love that Commonthwealth bank ad, where they go "You can even retire on this little island over here!" and then the Aussies go "uh... but That's New Zealand"

But I digress :P, it's shaping up well. If you're in need of voice acting I can pay my mate a visit in Adelaide and see what I can do. We do musical recording, and he's got a killer setup as he's doing a home studio. I can't promise anything, but he's got the gear so I'll have a chat next time I'm up Adelaide way

Tonnie
2009-06-17, 11:13
I love that Commonthwealth bank ad, where they go "You can even retire on this little island over here!" and then the Aussies go "uh... but That's New Zealand"

But I digress :P, it's shaping up well. If you're in need of voice acting I can pay my mate a visit in Adelaide and see what I can do. We do musical recording, and he's got a killer setup as he's doing a home studio. I can't promise anything, but he's got the gear so I'll have a chat next time I'm up Adelaide way

yeah mate ask him see what you guys can come out with let me know how it gos

niknastee
2009-06-17, 11:32
lol, I could get my old cadet SGT to do it, he has the strongest south african accent ever for someone who spent 6 months there.

Tonnie
2009-06-17, 12:03
urrm we want aussie accents lol

Tonnie
2009-06-21, 01:13
Updated the Google spreadsheet check it out ;)

ADF Design Plan (http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pMuwtEWIPelTB25bOwgTzAA)

Tonnie
2009-06-27, 01:23
tonnie15;1060585']Updated the Google spreadsheet check it out ;)

ADF Design Plan (http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pMuwtEWIPelTB25bOwgTzAA)

yeah what i said but again ;)

updated
M3 Carl Gustav
SR25
Kit Geoms

anglomanii
2009-06-27, 02:17
hey Tonnie have you read any thing a about rifle platoon organizational changes for the adf, and the addition of a a 3rd pipe to the mortar sect. i remember reading a bout in INF mag, and then last night i was trawling some adf sites and there was a article about it under ChoA notifications. is this actually happening or is it just part of L125 (which means its far from a cert)

if this is whats actually going to happen, how will that effect ADF squad game play and kit distribution. how much does game balance effect how/what kits are issued. if we do adopt a L125 section won't this mean a 8 man section will have 2mg's and 6 rifles 2 of which have GLA's and at least 4 m72's. but PR is only set up for 6man sections like the yanks have (is this actually correct) so how is this L125 section represented in a 6 man section?

i am confused! ( and obviously bored as i can't play PR atm)

Aestabjoo
2009-06-27, 03:04
Real life military doctrine has no relevance to in game squad composition.

In game squad composition is a game mechanic used to balance the sides and won't ever be changed to reflect real life military doctrine.

anglomanii
2009-06-28, 03:12
Real life military doctrine has no relevance to in game squad composition.

In game squad composition is a game mechanic used to balance the sides and won't ever be changed to reflect real life military doctrine.

says who?

Tonnie
2009-06-28, 03:23
hehe says him by the sound of it :P

Lt.Blackmore
2009-06-28, 03:32
Whats this guy going off on?

Tonnie
2009-06-28, 03:36
in a nut shell the idea i get is that his saying that PR will never be changed to be i guess more realistic because of game play balancing.... i might be wrong :P

Lt.Blackmore
2009-06-28, 03:40
i don't think this game is Balanced lol Scoped M249, A Chinese APC that shoots Api rounds VS a Striker lol nope only way this mod get's balanced is by REAL Teamwork Keyword their Teamwork

well thats just my 0.2 cents....best cents i have spent all day

Tonnie
2009-06-28, 03:41

cheap ass :P

Lt.Blackmore
2009-06-28, 03:44
haha and don't you forget it

anglomanii
2009-06-28, 04:02
i don't think this game is Balanced lol Scoped M249, A Chinese APC that shoots Api rounds VS a Striker lol nope only way this mod get's balanced is by REAL Teamwork Keyword their Teamwork

bingo, and isn't that just it! its not the weapons that should be balanced its the maps and tickets! and that being said who says war is fair.
and yes that goes for the squads/sections! this is supposed to be about realism right. i mean its not Arma and nor would i want that kind of thing either. i dont really want to sit out an entire game because of a lucky shot.
but all that said this game should evolve along the lines of our militaries right. and if that means the ADF mod is the meanest, toughest, most scary factions, then i guess thats just what it's like in the real world then.

and so there go polish that shiny dollar!!!

right time for beers!...

Tonnie
2009-07-09, 13:33
right time for beers!...

The only thing i had time to read in the whole post ;)

Bottoms up!:15_cheers:40_swig:

anglomanii
2009-07-09, 13:45
just for referance boys i am sitting here up to my eyeballs in Ephedrine and bitburger, i feel like shit and my face is melting but man this beer is friggin awesome!!! hahaha i am so going to die:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin :

Tonnie
2009-08-12, 01:36
just for referance boys i am sitting here up to my eyeballs in Ephedrine and bitburger, i feel like shit and my face is melting but man this beer is friggin awesome!!! hahaha i am so going to die:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin :

oh god.... lol why does none of the post surprise me....

anglomanii
2009-08-12, 03:07
haha man, yeah and it was one of the kits(ephedrine sulphate epidermal penetration patch) i got from work, it has about 8x the amount of active agent in them, and yes you clam heads should be seeing them on the local market in about 3 or 4 years, once we get nata and tga approval.
man some of the stuff i have access to at work!!. and no you cant have any:p

Tonnie
2009-08-21, 05:30
Updated the spreadsheet ADF Forces Design Plan (http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pMuwtEWIPelTB25bOwgTzAA)

ChiefRyza
2009-08-21, 05:52
Voices not done yet tonnie? I musta been dreaming that weekend :-P

VisOne
2009-08-21, 13:12
I saw that earlier I just chalked it up to a typo.

Tonnie
2009-08-22, 07:44
Voices not done yet tonnie? I musta been dreaming that weekend :-P

yeah they need to be turned up volume wise as unfortunately they were recorded at a low volume... If anyone knows a quick and easy way todo this please please let me know lol... But on top of that they will need touching up as well but for now they just need turning up

Rhino
2009-08-22, 07:48
try googling for a audio program that can do batch tasks?

AVS4YOU >> AVS Audio Editor >> Batch Processing (http://onlinehelp.avs4you.com/AVS-Audio-Editor/Working/Batch.aspx)

but its probably best for who ever touches up the audio files to manually turn up there volume to a good level that sounds right since I doubt each one will be on the same level.

Tonnie
2009-08-22, 08:10
Rhino;1118526']
but its probably best for who ever touches up the audio files to manually turn up there volume to a good level that sounds right since I doubt each one will be on the same level.

yep, thats the plan but we have someone doing it but cant really touch them properly for like a month so this is more a temp thing, Cheers will look at that batch thing ;)

anglomanii
2009-08-22, 08:58
i thought we were loud enough?
i mean, who couldn't hear "TANK!!"

i still have the vids, i just cant upload em to utube. they are too big or somethin

162eRI
2009-09-24, 17:37
Don't know where to post this, and don't know if it's useful, ... LOL ..., but here we go (incoming flames):
Looks like Australian Forces mod isn't dead after all (Source BF-Games.net)
http://www.bf-games.net/news/bilder/9212_4.jpg
http://www.bf-games.net/news/bilder/9212_3.jpg
http://www.bf-games.net/news/bilder/9212_0.jpg
http://www.bf-games.net/news/bilder/9212_5.jpg

Except for the skins and taliban models, the landscape looks awesome.

JohnnOmar
2009-09-24, 18:50
Damn that looks sexy :D

Hauteclocque
2009-09-24, 19:08
Well, only the map picture is good, the others are shitty...ADF Mod for PR is way better, skins, weapons, everything...

Priby
2009-09-24, 19:53
I like the Taliban fighter but isnt he wearing the wrong shoes. Dont they usually wear sneakers.http://www.spiegel.de/img/0,1020,755998,00.jpg
The rest isnt really PR quality but SwizzKettcar, the author of the article said its still very WIP.

ChiefRyza
2009-09-24, 22:51
The ADF Vanilla mod never got anywhere. Their developers aren't the nicest blokes either, it's best we just seperate ourselves as much as possible from them.

Tonnie
2009-09-25, 00:35
The ADF Vanilla mod never got anywhere. Their developers aren't the nicest blokes either, it's best we just seperate ourselves as much as possible from them.

here here

B1indGunn3r
2009-09-27, 06:26
Where could one download this mod?

RUSSIAN147
2009-10-30, 20:51
Where do i dowload this?

ChiefRyza
2009-10-30, 23:23
You can't. Because it isn't finished yet.

Truism
2009-11-07, 12:56
Bump.

Sup?

anglomanii
2009-12-07, 23:52
are we able to get an update on the design plan and the kit list of equipment.

i really hope we are not forced into being another american clone with the same kit styles. just look at the british, almost no difference.

Niceguy00007
2010-03-14, 08:11
deffenetly, ausse forces would really help us

Tonnie
2011-02-10, 14:28
Design plan has been updated due to reamp of ADF faction basicly

Redone F88 series (all new models and now featuring the F88SA2)
Redone the F89 conversion on PR minimi
Need to relook at the bushmaster export for a few bugs
and a fair few other nic naks here and there

Twonkle
2011-02-10, 15:55
Can't find the maps in that design plan.

samogon100500
2011-02-10, 17:06
Will be nice to see ADF ingame.Steyer AUG A2/A3 one of my favorite guns.I hope you can do it.

dtacs
2011-02-11, 05:55
Can't find the maps in that design plan.
Because unfortunately there hasn't been a substantial amount of interest in map development for the ADF. Rural Push was the staple 4K that all other factions have (Germans: SE, US Army: Kashan), but I have no idea what happened to that, Warpig may still be working on it.

Hopefully Ryza or Vapoman can find the time to make a well-made 2km but they both seem pretty busy with their current projects.

Hauteclocque
2011-02-11, 16:44
Iron Eagle was supposed to be a ADF vs MEC map, I don't see a reason why it wouldn't be the case when the ADF is released. :)

ChiefRyza
2011-02-12, 00:42
It will be at least 2-3 months before I start on the ADF Faction map I have planned, there will be one in the works however. I think Vapo's island map had the ADF as a possible faction though, have to double check.

VapoMan
2011-02-12, 02:44
Black gold is going to be for ADF ;) Its close to being finished.

Its about 80% done.

Will be PLA vs ADF.

-tomo_unit-
2011-02-12, 07:47
can't wait for this fraction to be done. i've been waiting to play as Aussies.

will there be any land rovers?

RUSSIAN147
2011-02-15, 02:11
Just a quick question in regard to the MAG-58, are the Australian team making one? And if so will other factions ie Brits start using it? thanks in advance.

Tonnie
2011-02-15, 03:34
land rovers no... MAG58 yes model was done by another faction cant remember who from the top of my head

HangMan_
2011-02-15, 03:43
A MAG-58 was made by the israeli community faction, although i'm not sure where the model is. If the PR team had it i'm sure it would have been released with the IDF :p

nvram
2011-03-01, 15:30
Just a question about the SR25, do you make a silenced version?