PDA

View Full Version : Media Renders + Interview

requiem
2004-09-16, 18:11
http://realitymod.com/images/newsimgs/ATVDayTB.jpg http://realitymod.com/images/newsimgs/UKRiflemanTB.jpg
As you can see we are progressing fairly fast on the visual aspect of production. Along with these 2 renders you will find another Interview with project lead RequieM @ FPSCentral.com (http://www.fpscentral.com/index.php?game=11&site=content&id=516)

sjogren
2004-09-16, 18:27
really nice pics! good work guys!

BlakeJr
2004-09-16, 18:55
Me gets goosebumps reading that interview.... :D
This mod's just getting hotter and hotter.
Having followed the Infiltration mod since god was a baby I have learned that patience is a virtue. I believe this will be a mod WELL worth waiting for!
So, devs, whatever you do, don't rush it! :)

vexman2k3
2004-09-16, 19:54
That ATV is probably the best non - proffesional render I have ever seen.

GOOD JOB

Rico
2004-09-16, 21:29
Hope you all enjoyed the article i wrote... many thanks go to req for the time spent talking to me about the mod and providing the awesome ATV and soldier renders.

Im personally looking very forward to this mod so am doing my best to promote it on our network :)

Rico
FPSCentral.com Staff

JS.Fortnight.A
2004-09-17, 00:23
Indeed! Thanks for taking the time to do that for us! It (I'm sure) is greatly appreciated by the entire team here at PR! :D

galen
2004-09-17, 08:09
Glad you guys like the ATV. I'm starting to settle in with the process again, so things should get better and better as time goes on.

Ugly Duck
2004-09-17, 19:01
The soldier model looks awsome, and the ATV is secksay. But Id say one of the most intrigueing(sp) things about this update was the part of the interview where you said death messages will be removed. If I read correctly this means that you will know nothing beyond the fact that hes dead, and this much only if you witnessed his death. I think it will add a lot of depth and realistic feal to the game. As of now you know who killed the person and exactly how they did it, wich can give you a good idea of where they are. But with this little tweak, someone can drop dead next to you and you will know nothing more than that they are dead and whatever killed them is now aiming for you.

requiem
2004-09-17, 19:05
correct :)

Rico
2004-09-17, 22:50
Well if the person is next to you and dies, you should be able to tell what killed him from visual effects and sounds.

e.g a heavy machine gun will rain a lot of bullets on your position, where as a sniper shot will be in short loud bursts. And im sure you will know when a tank shell goes off :) Should be interesting

KingJoe
2004-09-18, 04:44
real nice pics, Gj PR

BlakeJr
2004-09-18, 05:14
Well if the person is next to you and dies, you should be able to tell what killed him from visual effects and sounds.

e.g a heavy machine gun will rain a lot of bullets on your position, where as a sniper shot will be in short loud bursts. And im sure you will know when a tank shell goes off :) Should be interesting

Most of what you say is sort of true, it depends on the situation.
The sniper part, however, is wrong. If you're in a battle chances are that any sniper shot will drown in the other battlesounds. If it's "quiet" and the sniper is a good one, he/she is so far from you that all you would hear would be the bullet hitting your partner.
Assuming that the speed of sound is approximately 1116 ft/s and the sniper is at least 400 yards away it will take over a second before you hear the report of the rifle. And considering the muzzlevelocity of the rifle being around 2800 ft/s the bullet will arrive on target in about half a second.
The muzzlevelocity figure is not generic by the way and differs greatly depending on the weapon and ammunition used. The 2800 ft/s number is for the M24 sniperrifle currently in service in the US army and marines. (Marine designation M40A1.)

Wolfmaster
2004-09-19, 12:50
Bit to technical for me :lol: :lol: .

Ugly Duck
2004-09-19, 18:00
True if its just a regular infantryman taking pot shots at you and he gets lucky, youll have a general idea. But if its a sniper or a guy with a suppresed/silenced weapon then youd have no idea.

What I really mean is that not knowing who or necasarily what exactly killed you will add to the suspense/depth of the game greatly.

Hoss
2004-10-12, 23:27
The fact that you are not going to be able to tell what is out there is great!

We've all seen a player in a base in front of us die and imediatly check who killed him, and how. In servers where I am a regular I can usually tell you where the guy was hiding in a certain base, just by knowing the players I play with so well. This will be very cool.

And on the flip side:
I have myself on my own buddy list. So when I take "pot shots" at people I know i've killed them when I see green. Not knowing if you hit him or not makes defending a base that more difficult.

I can't wait!

PHILYBLUNT201
2005-08-16, 23:56
looks great and it reminds me of a veicle that would also be cool the motorcycle the army has now. They look similar to one anoter i think it be cool to have it too. 1 question can u use a gun on the atv.

here is a link

http://www.peace65.freeserve.co.uk/Pictures/militaryproduction.htm

Nice render.. want more .. ARGG lol

NikovK
2005-11-08, 16:46
Please, please tell me I can shoot my shotgun from the dash of the four-wheeler and play "Dixie" on the horn.

WallyJas
2005-11-09, 14:00
Guys I only just started using the mod yesterday and even though I can't find any servers that are running it, the single play is AWESOME ..... easiest the best game eva.