PDA

View Full Version : [Information] Wiki User Guide

M.J.Patterson
2007-12-29, 23:50
Thanks to the collaboration of R-CONs and R-Devs the
Wiki User Guide has been "completed."

Onil has provided the guide with many of the images while Fuzzhead and myself have updated its content.

Please take time to read through the Wiki guide.
It now has most, if not all, of the pertinent information for playing
Project Reality 0.7.

http://guide.realitymod.com/images/5/53/Guidebanner.gif (http://guide.realitymod.com/)

bosco_
2007-12-29, 23:55
:thumbsup:

SethLive!
2007-12-29, 23:56
Great work guys!

G.Drew
2007-12-30, 00:10
nice1 :thumbsup:

Nickbond592
2007-12-30, 00:30
well done all involved

Eddiereyes909
2007-12-30, 00:42
nice, im reading it atm, well not right now, im typing

Grand_maneuver
2007-12-30, 01:01
nice work! you also made a download 0.7 botton, seemse like we are getting pretttty close to the release :)

Doom721
2007-12-30, 01:04
Does this mean that operation archer, operation baracuda, and rayat ( whatever that is! ) are going to be in .7?

If so, thank god for a new insurgency map with the shiny acog :D

[EEF]Baildon
2007-12-30, 02:03
Damn you evil people i saw that download 0.7 button and my heart skipped a beat only to find out it just led to 0.6. :( lol

Edit: By the way on the Operation Barracuda page it says the factions are GB vs PLA but then goes on about it being USMC vs PLA in the vechicle list.

Oldirti
2007-12-30, 02:43
I nearly had an orgasm when i saw the Download .7

but then i was so turned off to see only .61 clients -_-

Spearhead
2007-12-30, 02:57
Nice work on the Wiki. Need to put some work into the German manual translation when I'm less busy with some computer hardware setup issues.

Sabre_tooth_tigger
2007-12-30, 06:30
Its nicely done. This part though http://guide.realitymod.com/images/thumb/9/9e/Insadmarkers.png/40px-Insadmarkers.png

Whats the red & blue mean. Are caches marked even after destruction so we know that area is probably clear

The CP capture radius varies on each map. You must have a 2:1 ratio of attackers to defenders in order to begin capping.

I always wondered about that :)

Lots of new flanking area on sunset? :D

Dam, qwai lost their chinese heli :duh: my heart is broken :35_rip:

woot zatar, hope lives again :)

Expendable Grunt
2007-12-30, 06:37
Good work.

Spearhead
2007-12-30, 08:10
Its nicely done. This part though http://guide.realitymod.com/images/thumb/9/9e/Insadmarkers.png/40px-Insadmarkers.png

Whats the red & blue mean. Are caches marked even after destruction so we know that area is probably clear

No. Red is the rough area of an undestroyed weapons cache that is shown on the map of the coalition forces. Blue is the marker showing the exact location of the same weapons cache but for the insurgents. They need to defend the caches at the purple markers, too but the blue marker indicates that the coalition has intel on the whereabouts of the cache already.

P.S: Please remove the newline (ENTER) in your sig between images. The vote attachment is meant to be in one line with the normal forum signature.

kristofer
2007-12-30, 10:31
M.J.Patterson;563245']Wiki User Guide has been "completed."

Wikis should never be called complete :mrgreen:

Nice work.

Dunehunter
2007-12-30, 10:33
Psst, that's why it's between "s ;)

Great job guys :)

jayceon515
2007-12-30, 10:42
Finally no more cappable VCP flag in Basrah and no more stupid retards sticking IEDs on dirt bikes and blowing them selfs up:thumbsup:

Outlawz7
2007-12-30, 11:09
no more stupid retards sticking IEDs on dirt bikes and blowing them selfs up:thumbsup:

???

What, now we can't use the jihad bikes, while GB gets a tank?

LtSoucy
2007-12-30, 11:31
Great job guys.

jayceon515
2007-12-30, 12:17
???

What, now we can't use the jihad bikes, while GB gets a tank?

IEDs don't stick to vehicles no more read the guide;)

Outlawz7
2007-12-30, 12:26
In which part does it state this? Been looking.

Jantje|NL^
2007-12-30, 12:26
Spearhead;563350']Nice work on the Wiki. Need to put some work into the German manual translation when I'm less busy with some computer hardware setup issues.

There should be a translation into Dutch as well.

Some of my clanmembers don't go to school I guess so they suck in english.. funny to hear them over VOIP, and ask them at TS what they wanted to say :P

Err, If you guys WANT a translation for Dutch, I am Pretty dutch,.. So I can speak pretty good Dutch.. So maybe I can translate for you guys? :roll:

Or someone else you guys feel more confortable with.

I feel past-over that there's no dutch translation :'(

There are so many dutch players from The Netherlands!

(don't forget the friggin belgian Guys who can speak Dutch)

Err,.

Anyway.

Poopie.

:roll:

-JantjevanLeiden

kristofer
2007-12-30, 12:28

IEDs are a very destructive explosive carried by Insurgent Ambushers. It can be placed in most objects such as vehicles

What part of the guide are you reading?

bosco_
2007-12-30, 12:31
Read the 0.7 manual ;)
IEDs won't stick to vehicles. There
are dedicated suicide cars available

markonymous
2007-12-30, 13:00
nice! good job. BTW not cool putting download 0.7 there...

Sabre_tooth_tigger
2007-12-30, 13:25
I feel past-over that there's no dutch translation :'(

There are so many dutch players from The Netherlands!

Would it take very long to translate, just go ahead and submit it I reckon.

Unless someone else is allready doing it I cant see why they would not host it and you could put up an unoffical translation link in any case

At one point they were asking people to translate the in game messages into various languages, I cant remember if that included dutch but it couldnt do any harm to offer
Are there any dutch based servers, I only know a couple russian, german and uk ones

I think he refering to the balance of play on the map. UK usually wins because finding all the cache in time (often 4 hours per map as usual) is almost certain unless vcp flag is lost & causes uk tickets to bleed out.

I'm sure it can be adjusted to give each side an equal chance to win, Im not sure if thats down to the devs or the server admin to adjust accordingly though.

I know IED is supposed to be massively more powerfull now, Im imagining that it would blow up both sides of the main street for example?
Theres no detonate lag so we'll see people throwing it down from buildings and generally just walking into any build up of allied forces and blowing themselves up?

Also, Insurgents are the only faction to retain mobile spawn points

Spearhead;563479']

P.S: Please remove the newline (ENTER) in your sig between images. The vote attachment is meant to be in one line with the normal forum signature.

Right you are, that does look much neater

Jantje|NL^
2007-12-30, 14:04
Would it take very long to translate, just go ahead and submit it I reckon.

Unless someone else is allready doing it I cant see why they would not host it and you could put up an unoffical translation link in any case

At one point they were asking people to translate the in game messages into various languages, I cant remember if that included dutch but it couldnt do any harm to offer
Are there any dutch based servers, I only know a couple russian, german and uk ones

I think it wouldn't take very long to translate just the text.. :roll:

I prefer to do no work where someoneelse is allready having their hands on.. :P

and err, a translation link.. I think I can translate, but that's it.

Maybe I can set up a topic somewhere, where I can add all the translated text?

about dutch servers.. I dunno if there are any.. Most Dutch players play on the english or German servers I guess..
Dutch In-game text would be very stupid because we do have a very stupid language :P But I think a Dutch texted wiki guide would be usefull for some players..

---------------------------------------

If the PR management do love their Dutch not-talking-English players...

I think there are enough Dutch guys who CAN translate, I can also do that job.. but err.. I don't know where to put that tekst and shit?

If theres someone who can tell me what I have to do with translated tekst or something.. I will translate. If someone wants me to do so.

Sabre_tooth_tigger
2007-12-30, 14:20
I would host it for you if need be. They'll probably be alot of newbies when the new release happens, dutch newbies even :)
Its better for everyone if they have a clue what to do

Jantje|NL^
2007-12-30, 14:26
I would host it for you if need be. They'll probably be alot of newbies when the new release happens, dutch newbies even :)
Its better for everyone if they have a clue what to do

Allright than, where do I have to put/give Translated text?

PM you?

X fire?

Mail?

hall0
2007-12-30, 14:57
Nice one :D
But i think i found a little bug.
Here (http://guide.realitymod.com/index.php?title=Image:X) you can see the maps Operation Barracuda and Rayat but here (http://guide.realitymod.com/index.php?title=Image:Maps_menu.gif) this two arent listed in.:-?

Raniak
2007-12-30, 15:56
Allright than, where do I have to put/give Translated text?

PM you?

X fire?

Mail?

http://guide.realitymod.com/index.php?title=User_Guide/De ?

G.Drew
2007-12-30, 15:58
hmm, that is a nystery

i think Op Baraccuda will be in it, since is was supposedly gonig to be in 0.6 IIRC and there is screens of it if u look down the bottom of the map link

as for Rayat, im uncertain

Jantje|NL^
2007-12-30, 16:04
http://guide.realitymod.com/index.php?title=User_Guide/De ?

That's for Germans..

I am from THE NETHERLANDS

Where we speak DUTCH not DEUTSCH

Stupid english men should call our language 'lowlands' or something..

Dutch and German is very,.. very.. VERY different. :mrgreen:

Jantje|NL^
2007-12-30, 16:07
hmm, that is a nystery

i think Op Baraccuda will be in it, since is was supposedly gonig to be in 0.6 IIRC and there is screens of it if u look down the bottom of the map link

as for Rayat, im uncertain

I can't find those maps in the guide anymore?!

I first could find

Rayat

Op. Barracuda

and err.. one more..

But they are now out of the guide?!

Will they be in 0.8? Devs ?

Raniak
2007-12-30, 16:33
That's for Germans..

Hehe, those two words are just too similar and it's easy to think one is the other one if you don't really pay attention :roll:

DonDOOM
2007-12-30, 16:58
So the Harrier will really be in 0.7? If so... AWESOME

Jantje|NL^
2007-12-30, 17:16
Hehe, those two words are just too similar and it's easy to think one is the other one if you don't really pay attention :roll:

Yeah, English people should rename our language.

To;

Euh..

Lowlands.

Netherlands; Nederlanden ; Nederland ; Lowland ; Lowlands

Err.

Tell the other english speaking people about this revolution. :P

Raniak
2007-12-30, 17:39
Yeah, English people should rename our language.

To;

Euh..

Lowlands.

Netherlands; Nederlanden ; Nederland ; Lowland ; Lowlands

Err.

Tell the other english speaking people about this revolution. :P

I'm french so that's why I got confused by the words. In french both sound much more different of each other.

Anyway, back to the topic. I just read through the wiki and I find it much more user friendly than before, that's a really good thing !

Spearhead
2007-12-30, 18:06
Just a note to anyone interested in translating the manual into another language: I do the German translation myself and have some people doing the Spanish version. If anyone wants to work on another version I can send him the Open Office document and give him directions where questions arise.

Jantje|NL^
2007-12-30, 18:08
Spearhead;563989']Just a note to anyone interested in translating the manual into another language: I do the German translation myself and have some people doing the Spanish version. If anyone wants to work on another version I can send him the Open Office document and give him directions where questions arise.

And so I will keep my hands on the Dutch version, right? :mrgreen:

Dunehunter
2007-12-30, 18:16
I can proofread it if you want, Flemish.

Jantje|NL^
2007-12-30, 18:26
dunehunter;564003']I can proofread it if you want, Flemish.

Flamish / Dutch..

Err, what's the difference?

Dear Project Reality Player,

Welcome to the Project Reality User Guide Wiki. This Wiki is designed to be a source of information to all players on how to play PR, as well as other useful facts and information.

Dutch / Nederlands;

Beste Project Reality speler,

Welkom bij de Project Reality Gebruikers Gids Wiki. Deze wiki is bedoelt als bron van informatie voor alle spelers hoe PR te spelen, ook als handige bruikbare feiten en informatie.

Flemish / Vlaams;

WHOA WHOA GERTJUN,

welkom bij de PR gebruikers Gids wiki zunne. N'en wiki zijt bedoelt voor n'informatie voor alle spelers en sebes hoe Pr te spelen, evenals handige bruikbare waarheden en ter informatie zunne.

:mrgreen:

No offence anyway (A)

(Maar vlaams is toch meer een accent of manier van spreken van de Nederlandse taal of zie ik dat verkeerd?)

Dunehunter
2007-12-30, 18:32
Yes, I know, didn't mean it that way, but more as indicating where I'm from, as in, I'm Belgian, but from the Dutch speaking part :p

M.J.Patterson
2007-12-30, 18:56

Dam, qwai lost their chinese heli :duh: my heart is broken :35_rip:

Spearhead answered your first question on page 2.

And Qwai still has the chinese heli. I guess there was a miscommunication as it doesn't show on the map layout but it is there.

Jantje|NL^
2007-12-30, 19:31
dunehunter;564023']Yes, I know, didn't mean it that way, but more as indicating where I'm from, as in, I'm Belgian, but from the Dutch speaking part :p

aaah ok than :P

flemish.. didn't even know that there was a english word for 'vlaams' :P

Sabre_tooth_tigger
2007-12-30, 23:30
M.J.Patterson;564042']

And Qwai still has the chinese heli. I guess there was a miscommunication as it doesn't show on the map layout but it is there.

That is excellent, thanks for the info. I thought it may have been cut maybe for balance but Im not sure thats nessecery just because of the more fundamental changes in 0.7. I'm keen to see if USA are better off now that (fast) transport should matter more

That's for Germans..

:lol: dam that is quite confusing :p It probably wont help to mention that they speak dutch in Germany too :lol:

Jantje|NL^
2007-12-31, 09:10
:lol: dam that is quite confusing :p It probably wont help to mention that they speak dutch in Germany too :lol:

Well, actually, they don't speak dutch :P

Their name for their language is Deutsch (Dojtsj).

Dutch is the english name for Our Language, Nederlands.

So maybe sometimes we sound a little the same.. We've got a lot of differences..

Anyway Dutch and German is different.

English word for Deutsch ; German.
English word for Nederlands ; Dutch.

Just keep the naming part in one Language so you won't get confused :P

Sabre_tooth_tigger
2007-12-31, 18:01
I dont speak either and I know its not their national language but is spoken to some extent?
Anyway pm me if you do need any help with hosting a translation though you should pm someone for the guide to say you have translated too

DonDOOM
2007-12-31, 18:15
Dutch / Nederlands;

Deze wiki is bedoelt als bron van informatie voor alle spelers hoe PR te spelen, ook als handige bruikbare feiten en informatie.

Actually it sounds better if you say it like this:

Deze wiki is bedoelt als bron van informatie voor alle speler over hoe je PR moet spelen, dit kan ook gebruikt worden voor handige en bruikbare feiten en informatie.

Jantje|NL^
2007-12-31, 19:42
[R-Dev]Spearhead will send me the open office files later this week :)

He Pm'd and mailed me :)