PDA

View Full Version : [Weapon] JDAM [WIP]

M.J.Patterson
2007-12-09, 20:47
Here is a little something for you if you need that additional firepower. 2000 lbs of extra firepower!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFDUOHLUWx0
Hope that you are prepared for battle.. Just remember when they drop on a target.. Be somewhere else.

dbzao
2007-12-09, 21:13
woot :p

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/6858/screen104tk2.th.png (http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/6858/screen104tk2.png)

Harrelson
2007-12-09, 22:13
Wow that village got wiped out!

just imagine if Bits got overrun at vcp in Basra and they said "alright everyone, stay back, we gonna teach em a lesson"

Cascyth
2007-12-09, 22:24
mmm and like 100pts for 10 dead civies? bad idea

were gonna need much bigger maps now :twisted:

SNIPERxWOLFxGB
2007-12-09, 22:26
holy sh*t!!!

jayceon515
2007-12-09, 22:30
I really hope this won't be available on smaller maps:mrgreen:

Mora
2007-12-09, 22:39
holy shit!! that is a nice bomb.. at first i thought the sound you hear was like the real sound of pr but then i remembered the video with this sound..

Viper5
2007-12-09, 22:58
Meh JDAM KDAM what we need is a BLU-82 :P

CAS_117
2007-12-09, 22:58
...Will planes drop this or is it going to appear like artillery?

Wolfe
2007-12-09, 23:32
Here's the original audio/video

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3726074740514604715&q=jdam&total=143&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1

JS.Fortnight.A
2007-12-10, 00:18
@ Wolfe: Now why do you have to go and compare a game with RL?.... A game engine can never compare at least not for the next 15 years or so.

Viper5
2007-12-10, 00:44
Seriously, anyone else vote for replacing the JDAM w/ a BLU-82 Daisy Cutter?

blud
2007-12-10, 00:45
Really don't think Wolfe was trying to compare it in a negative way. :p Just simply showing people the original vid.

BetterDeadThanRed
2007-12-10, 00:51
Who's "hodge"?

Wolfe
2007-12-10, 00:52
Hodge... I think he is saying "Haj" as in Maharaja.

JS.Fortnight.A;546192']@ Wolfe: Now why do you have to go and compare a game with RL?.... A game engine can never compare at least not for the next 15 years or so.

Who is comparing? Just showing the original video that went with the audio. And if we do want to compare, I'd say it's a damn good match. Well done Patty.

JS.Fortnight.A
2007-12-10, 02:00
@ Wolfe, alright, sorry to come off all defensive ;)

I figured it was prolly 'Hadj' for Hadji (as in Jonny Quest)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/ac/Jonny-quest-1980s.JPG

But I'm prolly wrong since Hadji is Indian (as in India) and probably not Arab/Persian or specifically an Afghan.

Symplify
2007-12-10, 02:08
:o

Wow. That'll be fun, what sort of restrictions are there?

Lieutenant-FPS-Bob
2007-12-10, 02:33
Friggin awesome JDAM. That'll be fun to see in game for ourselves.
What are the odds of it being in .7???

blud
2007-12-10, 02:40
Friggin awesome JDAM. That'll be fun to see in game for ourselves.
What are the odds of it being in .7???

HUGE! hehe

Hotrod525
2007-12-10, 02:55
did the airplane will got gunner seat again ? i mean it will be the F15 whit JDAM ? or like a commander arty ? or Squad Leader arty... ?

DkMick
2007-12-10, 03:03
JS.Fortnight.A;546259']@ Wolfe, alright, sorry to come off all defensive ;)

I figured it was prolly 'Hadj' for Hadji (as in Jonny Quest)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/ac/Jonny-quest-1980s.JPG

But I'm prolly wrong since Hadji is Indian (as in India) and probably not Arab/Persian or specifically an Afghan.

Good Lord.

It's Hajj, in reference to a Muslim who makes the trip to Mecca, which is a sort of requirement of Islam - one of the pillars. It's a term used to dehumanize the enemy much like gook, jap, kraut, etc etc.

Now, as for the PR vid - GET SOME HAJJI!!!! w00t!!

PRC_Heavy_Z
2007-12-10, 03:05
Nice work y'all!

I'm curious about the balancing aspect, are other factions going to have their own large ordnances? Is the JDAM going to be generic?

CAS_117
2007-12-10, 03:18
So even after you've wasted the enemy airbase an invisible bomb is going to still smite ye?

Polka
2007-12-10, 05:34
Awesome, looks like someone got pwnt :D

HughJass
2007-12-10, 05:40
So is this going to be like a commander arty? 1 time use or what?

good job nonetheless, just hope you can even it out for gameplay :)

Zrix
2007-12-10, 06:50
We so need that on Street.

:lol:

NYgurkha
2007-12-10, 07:02
I want to JDAM your base;)

Wasteland
2007-12-10, 09:17
Good Lord.

It's Hajj, in reference to a Muslim who makes the trip to Mecca, which is a sort of requirement of Islam - one of the pillars. It's a term used to dehumanize the enemy much like gook, jap, kraut, etc etc.

Now, as for the PR vid - GET SOME HAJJI!!!! w00t!!

Hehehe, it's almost like some people didn't read My War. Yuck. What a frightening prospect.

As for the JDAM, that's awesome. But isn't there a way (featured on some YouTube videos) to script a bomber delivery?

MAINERROR
2007-12-10, 09:35
If the JDAM would be releasd by a plane then give it the same sond like in the vid! AWESOME!!

SGT.JOKER
2007-12-10, 11:57
We so need that on Street.:lol:

good god man!

back on topic, if thats 1 time use asset our teams better have a somewhat smart commander to use it...

Polka
2007-12-10, 12:28
I want to JDAM your base;)

This is off topic, but "IM IN YOUR BASE KILLING J00R D00DZ"

Smuke
2007-12-10, 15:21
god.. tht was big

tht coudld wipe out the whole of the PR community

Hotrod525
2007-12-10, 17:08
Dev need to do something to prevent JDAM abuse on Airport ( like in KASHAN ) Carriere... etc... every uncapable flag...
Or prevent any "vanilla" thing.

LeggyStarlitz
2007-12-10, 19:49
With a long enough spawn time, this could help force a commander to develop a real coordinated attack rather than just saying "Go there! Now!" I look forward to this mucho.:mrgreen:

Viper5
2007-12-10, 20:25
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BLU-82

:P

"The blokes just nuked Iraq!!!!"
-SAS Operator during PGW

blud
2007-12-10, 22:12
god.. tht was big

tht coudld wipe out the whole of the PR community

LOL!

LtSoucy
2007-12-11, 00:33
Il ove the plane sound, bomb and every thing in it. Can we play wit hit now!

Threedroogs
2007-12-11, 01:31
looks awesome!

i hope i can call that bad boy in as an SL. i wonder how it works. perhaps i can call in the airstrike and aim my laser at target, commander accepts my fire mission and then the plane can deploy the bomb. that would be bad ass.

i cant wait to see this thing in action!

nicoX
2007-12-11, 05:09
Here's the original audio/video

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3726074740514604715&q=jdam&total=143&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1

Man, the added sound was awsome.
I sure hope you add some radio operator unit (kit) so this things can be requested and not just droped spontanious.

Ghost Dog
2007-12-11, 10:50
Haha, that 's pretty impressive, wonder how it 's going to change gameplay though.

Harrelson
2007-12-11, 11:34
dbzao;547291']For those that asked, we were able to overcome vBF2 "hardcoded" reload times of the arty system and change it to enable the use of the JDAM for whatever interval we wanted.

congrats for that. just show what a skilled mod team makes up PR

markonymous
2007-12-11, 15:33
omg that was awesome

Cpt.Kawakowitsch
2007-12-11, 16:10
We so need that on Street.

I agree with that one...:)

CheRiTTo
2007-12-11, 16:13
The PR explosion radius seems bigger than the original. Good to see some strategical strike implemented in PR

Morgan
2007-12-11, 16:36
that thing made me sex wee...

Hotrod525
2007-12-11, 16:38
Nice and how it will work ? how many bomb would be dropable ( and what is gonna drop it... ) did we gonna see the bomb fall ? give us some juicy detail :D

Biggaayal
2007-12-11, 17:38
Haha, that 's pretty impressive, wonder how it 's going to change gameplay though.

With a long enough cool down period, it wouldn't be too much. I wouldn't mind getting hit say 3 to 5 times by these babies in a round of Kashan.

SectorNine50
2007-12-11, 18:02
With a long enough cool down period, it wouldn't be too much. I wouldn't mind getting hit say 3 to 5 times by these babies in a round of Kashan.

It could seriously cripple the other team's defenses... Just have a squad hangin' out just outside of the flag, drop the JDAM and the squad will just cruise on in for the cap. Everyone in there will have a 30 second respawn, giving at least enough time to neutralize.

I think it might change a lot... Are there enough people on each team for a bomb that big to make sense? I'm guessing trying to do a 128 man server is hard-coded and impossible, right?

markonymous
2007-12-11, 18:11
imagine like 2 squads trying to cap south village in kashan then boom clears the whole village out then comes the cavalry and takes it back... that would be awesome :D:D

Masaq
2007-12-11, 19:20
As much as I love it, you just KNOW that it won't be used like that... Instead of having a blackhawk/flying pig airborne with an entire squad of troops ready to move in as soon as the strike's over, the JDAM will almost always be requested by foolish squadleaders on areas that are either completely devoid of enemy units, or that contain a single tank (that manages to escape), or that contains three friendly squads.

Wolfe
2007-12-11, 19:59
Or the commander who denies all JDAM requests except those by his clan buddies in squad 2.

Threedroogs
2007-12-11, 20:24
Masaq;547712']As much as I love it, you just KNOW that it won't be used like that... Instead of having a blackhawk/flying pig airborne with an entire squad of troops ready to move in as soon as the strike's over, the JDAM will almost always be requested by foolish squadleaders on areas that are either completely devoid of enemy units, or that contain a single tank (that manages to escape), or that contains three friendly squads.

a dumb commander can ruin any good asset. the JDAM will be no exception.

Swe_Olsson
2007-12-11, 20:28
its not about being dumb.. its all about communication btw Commanders & Squad leaders

Communication IS the KEY no exception

dbzao
2007-12-11, 20:29
Come on guys... can you be more pessimist?

Threedroogs
2007-12-11, 20:35
dbzao,

i am totally pumped about these changes! my comment was just stating reality. it doesnt matter what kind of equipment a team has, if they have no planning or strategy that equipment is worthless. that's all i was saying.

i plan on annihilating people with this weapon. i cannot freaking wait!

Masaq
2007-12-11, 20:45
dbzao;547771']Come on guys... can you be more pessimist?

*grin* I'm sure I could manage a littttttle bit more... can see the day coming when someone accidentally requests a JDAM strike on the USS Essex and the commander hits "Approve" without checking the location first, lol. Pessimistic enough for you? :p

Seriously though, this will be an immense asset and one that makes people go "ooooh, wow!" every time it's used I'm sure. I'm definitely looking forward to using it, and dreading having it used against me.

I'm just also enough of a realist to appreciate that on open pubbie servers, it's going to be abused by sheer incompetence at times lol.

Wolfe
2007-12-11, 21:44
Pessimists are optimists with experience. :wink:

***COMMANDER***
2007-12-11, 22:58
GET SOME ! ! ! ! !

We are ready for v0.7

Building a new server at TexasTeamPlayers tonight.... We purchased some new monsterous boxes and are putting the final touches on them and will be hosting the IP within a day or two.

We are chomping at the bit. We can't wait..... This is the Best Mod ever been built and our hats are off to the entire team.. We love Project Reality. It is truly the most realistic battlefield in existence and we greatly appreciate it.

Thanks gentlemen.

danshyu
2007-12-11, 23:48
Certainly looks cool. But like somebody already brought up. It's very likly to be abused if it's game mechanic isn't handled properly.

hall0
2007-12-12, 17:23
This weapon would be great in pr

Outlawz7
2007-12-12, 18:41
dbzao;547771']Come on guys... can you be more pessimist?

Yes, if PLA/MEC don't get their counter-part, then everyone would want to be on US army/USMC/GB to laugh at the other team taken out by one bomb.

If used on Insurgent maps or Milita it would make it even more elitist. Imagine a squad spawn raping the mosque on Basrah and when they finally get overrun after 'pwning' 20 Insurgents on spawn, they request a JDAM and nuke half the city, taking out a cache with dozen jihad vehicles along.

Or same scenario with VCP, why defend it, when it gets neutral, someone requests a JDAM, blows out anything of any hole, then walks in, captures the flag and repeat.

On small maps like Helmand or Phoenix (and Street) it would probably result in a bunch of TKs as well, when whole squads get slaughtered in a blast covering half the map area.

That pessimistic enough? :p

Of course I know, that there probably will be some restrictions and JDAM won't be available on small maps (I hope), but in that video, the bomb takes out all the tanks and the bunker(s). So basically drop this on a fortified CP and the entire defense force gets wiped out with nothing to use and nowhere to spawn, besides some RPs placed somewhere away.

Viper5
2007-12-12, 19:13
Yes, if PLA/MEC don't get their counter-part, then everyone would want to be on US army/USMC/GB to laugh at the other team taken out by one bomb.

If used on Insurgent maps or Milita it would make it even more elitist. Imagine a squad spawn raping the mosque on Basrah and when they finally get overrun after 'pwning' 20 Insurgents on spawn, they request a JDAM and nuke half the city, taking out a cache with dozen jihad vehicles along.

Or same scenario with VCP, why defend it, when it gets neutral, someone requests a JDAM, blows out anything of any hole, then walks in, captures the flag and repeat.

On small maps like Helmand or Phoenix (and Street) it would probably result in a bunch of TKs as well, when whole squads get slaughtered in a blast covering half the map area.

That pessimistic enough? :p

Of course I know, that there probably will be some restrictions and JDAM won't be available on small maps (I hope), but in that video, the bomb takes out all the tanks and the bunker(s). So basically drop this on a fortified CP and the entire defense force gets wiped out with nothing to use and nowhere to spawn, besides some RPs placed somewhere away.

Yes, well, welcome to real life, AKA the suck.

Jaymz
2007-12-12, 19:40
MEC/PLA will be getting it too Outlaw. Read the news, the Chinese are developing their own equivelant called the LS-6 and they'll be selling it afterwards so it's not that unrealistic giving all conventional factions a GPS guided bomb.

Outlawz7
2007-12-12, 20:15
Ahh ok. And how will this weapon be available on maps?
Is it gonna be like artillery with long reload time and approved by the commander upon SL request?

Sadist_Cain
2007-12-12, 20:36
w00t! Cool! awesome! cant wait!

ok all that crap aside, the realism of it?

It does seem like the explosion radius is bigger than irl and I can't be bothered to research it but iirc isnt the JDAM a bunker busting bomb? isn't that why we hear two explosions? first the penetrator then the warhead.
If that's so then does this mean that JDAM's could clear our the concrete reinforced bunkers on kashan? that would be effective.

How about giving us a map with a vast underground bunker system (many in iraq :D {and on a side note some tiny hand dug tunnelling systems on chinese maps would rule!}) that way we could have the JDAM come down and smash down underground taking out enemys in the bunker below.
Cant beat some hard defensive penetration ;)

Doom721
2007-12-13, 03:48
Commander hits page up for bunker
Commander hits page up for supplies
Commander hits page up for JDAM ( Woops ) Sq2 = 6 team kills AIYEEE

What will be worse is when you ARE communicating a GPS strike... and you target poorly and hit a tree or something in front of you and don't notice it... or if your screaming for it and the CO hits accept before checking targets...

I am afraid of big arse bombs now.... but I'm looking foward to seeing these dropped

Wolfe
2007-12-13, 04:05
I'm looking foward to seeing these dropped

We will not actually "see" them drop... we'll just hear the explosion and see the aftermath, unless you're lucky enough to be looking in that exact direction. Kinda anti-climatic.

Which is why I propose...

Upon the commander giving the "ok" to a JDAM strike, everyone on the map should hear the faint but unmistakeable flyby of a B2 Stealth Bomber, followed by 20 seconds of 64 people typing "oh shit..." while they frantically run for cover and look for who doesn't have a chair when the music stops.

Katarn
2007-12-13, 04:28
w00t! Cool! awesome! cant wait!

ok all that crap aside, the realism of it?

It does seem like the explosion radius is bigger than irl and I can't be bothered to research it but iirc isnt the JDAM a bunker busting bomb? isn't that why we hear two explosions? first the penetrator then the warhead.
If that's so then does this mean that JDAM's could clear our the concrete reinforced bunkers on kashan? that would be effective.

How about giving us a map with a vast underground bunker system (many in iraq :D {and on a side note some tiny hand dug tunnelling systems on chinese maps would rule!}) that way we could have the JDAM come down and smash down underground taking out enemys in the bunker below.
Cant beat some hard defensive penetration ;)

2 explosions because there were two bombs dropped in the youtube video. JDAM is actually a guidance system for a host of bombs, usually used for the conventional MK80, 81, and 82 dumb bombs, 500, 1000, and 2000 pounds. The explosion radius and kill radius is to specification.

XxNinjaSinXx
2007-12-13, 04:34
Oops wrong thread.

Outlawz7
2007-12-13, 04:39
Woops..

danshyu
2007-12-13, 09:39
It'd be cool if an AI controlled fighter bomber or other sorta aircraft would appear from the edge of the map to come drop the load.

And friendly fighter pilots would get a chance to intercept it to save the troops on the ground.

I doubt it can be done though heh.

Masaq
2007-12-13, 18:57
Heh, troops are going to have to learn how to disengage when one of these things is accidentally dropped on their heads. Anyone who hangs around after hearing one of these is inbound is going to get mighty pissed off lol.

Remember folks: If you see an enemy squad rabbiting from a CP that your side has a heavy presence at, you might wanna run too :p

Ironcomatose
2007-12-13, 19:48
It'd be cool if an AI controlled fighter bomber or other sorta aircraft would appear from the edge of the map to come drop the load.

And friendly fighter pilots would get a chance to intercept it to save the troops on the ground.

I doubt it can be done though heh.

Thats very unrealistic unless the fighter is like real high. Because as you see in any video(including the one used to make this one) you can barely see the planes up high when they drop those things.

Viper5
2007-12-13, 23:18
Thats very unrealistic unless the fighter is like real high. Because as you see in any video(including the one used to make this one) you can barely see the planes up high when they drop those things.

Yes, well, jets fly real high...

99lynx
2007-12-14, 04:35
that is amazing

Ironcomatose
2007-12-14, 04:41
Viper5;549664']Yes, well, jets fly real high...

I see your being sarcastic there bud. What he was saying is a jet flying low like you would see in the youtube videos of scripted jets flights. I know thats what he was thinking because when he said that you could shoot it down the only way that would be possible as a point of gameplay is if it were low enough that you could see it. If its high(like is should be) i can bet that 95% of the time your pilots will be doing something(bombing or w/e) and wont bother to look up that high for that speeding jet. Meaning its not worth doing it the right way and its unreal to do it in a way that would make it worth it.

I think the DEVs should just have a loud jet sound roar over the battlefield(something like the supply drop) before the bomb is dropped. I would be happy with that.

Ghost1800
2007-12-14, 07:42
judging from the size of that explosion... that doesn't give you a hell of a lot of time to move.

creepin
2007-12-18, 01:39
but no one has answered yet how this bomb (s) is/are goin to be implemented into the game

like arty or amnual drop by plane or what?

by the way, that was damn awesome there, u shud make a vid how it look inside that village:lol:
i mean it must be amazing with all that smoke!

Wolfe
2007-12-18, 02:39
but no one has answered yet how this bomb (s) is/are goin to be implemented into the game

like vanilla arty; the SL requests it and the commander accepts.

BloodBane611
2007-12-18, 03:19
All SMs will get 3 of these, correct?

LOL at Mick and Wasteland. I hate to say that I've read My War, I'm a cool guy in a posers body.

Pride
2007-12-18, 06:34

You will find your answer in the wiki guide;)

Atandon
2007-12-18, 10:36
^^Hehehehe

"GPS Guided Bomb
On some maps, after 1 hour has passed there will be a GPS guided bomb available for deployment. A commander must receive a request for the bomb via a squad leader that is using his SOFLAM. After the bomb is approved by the commander it will take up to a 1 minute delivery time to hit its target. The damage radius of the bomb is about 75 meters. Make sure that you deploy it when and where you need it most.
Retrieved from "http://guide.realitymod.com/index.php?title=Commander_Assets"

kristofer
2007-12-18, 16:21
I know how I appear asking a question like this for such a premature feature, but, is it possible to randomise where the smoke appears/what direction it goes in, etc. ?

creepin
2007-12-18, 19:40
so will this replace vanilla arty on certain larger maps like kashan? And will this be in0.7?
by the way, I love that thing!!!!

sofad
2007-12-18, 22:25
yes

creepin
2007-12-18, 22:27
awesome man!!! RESPECT!

gonzo
2007-12-18, 23:00
HAHA!!omg that is awesome!!how the hell did you find the sound sample for that video??Thats a JDAM strike that my CO called in on an enemy compound back in 2003 in OEF.I'd really love seeing this implemented with the voip feature being the way to call it in.Awesome guys awesome.

agentscar
2007-12-18, 23:09
WOW,Maybe you gies will end of doing artillery systems like USI has.But that freaking PWNS it all...JESUS that was amazing!So how does it function in PR?Is it called in,pumped by a commander,or dropped by aircraft?

creepin
2007-12-18, 23:24
SL request comm accepts read thru the previous posts dude!

Wolfe
2007-12-18, 23:36
I just had a thought...

Will the fabled "commander hack" allow a user to rain down the JDAM infinite times like the old arty and supply drop?

dbzao
2007-12-18, 23:44
Not really. It will just be annoying radio messages :p

Fearosius
2007-12-19, 09:05
Lets drop it on the city in Ejod..:twisted:

zangoo
2007-12-19, 13:10
it will be like arty i think, but wow it seems alot like the video i made a while back....

M.J.Patterson
2007-12-19, 16:05
The greatest thing about this will be using this weapon if you've been battling for a long time over the two same control points. You'll be clearing out defenses on a cp just like drinking too much eggnog will be clearing out your stomach on Christmas day.

Cascyth
2007-12-19, 16:21
what about longer respawn time after being killed by JDAM? just to ensure that attacking team has enough advantage of using it?

SWIZZ=kettcar=
2007-12-19, 16:35
holy shit^^ very nice

G.Drew
2007-12-19, 16:50
Viper5;546141']Meh JDAM KDAM what we need is a BLU-82 :P

now that would be devastating

but i think the daisy cutters are only in very limited use afaik

M.J.Patterson
2007-12-19, 19:31
what about longer respawn time after being killed by JDAM? just to ensure that attacking team has enough advantage of using it?

With a damage radius of 75 meters.. anything that survives... has earned the right to continue fighting.

Noobcleaner
2007-12-19, 20:44
What about the militia and the insurgents!! it gonna be very unbalanced if they gettinng nuked every time.

G.Drew
2007-12-19, 21:46
M.J.Patterson;554093']With a damage radius of 75 meters.. anything that survives... has earned the right to continue fighting.

:razz:

Viper5
2007-12-20, 00:54
What about the militia and the insurgents!! it gonna be very unbalanced if they gettinng nuked every time.

THey get suitcase nukes with a very similar effect.

http://newsbusters.org/media/2007-01-16-Fox-24-nuke.jpg

Notice the vivid graphics and uhh, corporate sponsorship by Fox? lol

Kislorod
2007-12-20, 09:02
That's Amazing!! Hope to see it in the game soon! Good Luck

G.Drew
2007-12-20, 09:45
THey get suitcase nukes with a very similar effect.

http://newsbusters.org/media/2007-01-16-Fox-24-nuke.jpg

lol

'Miss Clinton, im afraid terrorists have snuck a snuke up ur snizz'

Polka
2007-12-20, 11:21
Snuke....Yeah Drew lets snuke em...lololol

Rhino
2007-12-20, 11:24
lol

hehe, south park owns :D

.:iGi:.NinjaJedi
2007-12-20, 11:52

That'll teach 'em to employ democracy...

:) lol

AnRK
2007-12-20, 14:04
Nice to see the US Military's removed all the hicks from service isn't it? Very good work whoever's coded and animated the thing.

How often do we get these things after the first supply by the way?

sofad
2007-12-20, 23:52
something like once between every 30min and 1 hour.

Vlade.the_medic
2007-12-21, 06:02
I just wana drool man...

fOgGy
2007-12-21, 15:15
That was f:)king SSSSSVVVVVEEEEEEETTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!! Dis teh bomb FTW!!!

PlayPR!
2007-12-22, 04:48
lol

"Ok I'm going in... Oh my God something moved in there... Hey what's that? Oh my God! IT'S EATING MY FACE! *Insert standard garble of South Park screams here*"

And yes if you couldn't tell, I do enjoy watching South Park. :)

BabaGurGur
2007-12-22, 19:35
I just had a thought...

Will the fabled "commander hack" allow a user to rain down the JDAM infinite times like the old arty and supply drop?

Commander: Ok boys, get in the bunkers
Squad 1,2,3: why..
Commander: im abouts to hax
*Squads run into a bunker*
-
MEC TEAM: Holy shit, IM LAGGIN!!!

Playername has disconnected from the server
Playername2 has disconnected from the server
Playername3 has disconnected from the server
and so on, imagine this on kashan 64p

lion551
2007-12-22, 20:43
This looks so awesome!!! I would hope that it would be implemented so that a flyable plane would be the entity dropping the bomb mabey like a f16 variant spawning every 15 min or so there for allowing for enemy fighters to intercept the plane but i doubt thats possible. Either way, this is going to add a whole new aspect to PR, LOVE IT!

G.Drew
2007-12-22, 21:31
na, i prefer it just drops out of the heavens, like its been dropped from the bay of a B52

DavidP
2007-12-26, 02:06
Commander: Ok boys, get in the bunkers
Squad 1,2,3: why..
Commander: im abouts to hax
*Squads run into a bunker*
-
MEC TEAM: Holy shit, IM LAGGIN!!!

Playername has disconnected from the server
Playername2 has disconnected from the server
Playername3 has disconnected from the server
and so on, imagine this on kashan 64p

I think i know of a way for this to be prevented. Maybe make a vehicle that requires it to be alive for the JDAM to show up on the commanders screen. And to prevent it from being abused have the vehicle automatically destroy it's self and respawn in whatever time the devs want for the jdam to recharge.

Death_dx
2007-12-26, 21:29
I think i know of a way for this to be prevented. Maybe make a vehicle that requires it to be alive for the JDAM to show up on the commanders screen. And to prevent it from being abused have the vehicle automatically destroy it's self and respawn in whatever time the devs want for the jdam to recharge.

What about two assests, an indestructable one that repairs the first slowly and the self destroying second one, it would also allow for disabling of the JDAM by destroying the assest.