PDA

View Full Version : Armor as Arty.

LtSoucy
2007-11-21, 10:25
Ok first Get your tanks on a high position. Have aa forward spotter if you cant fully see the target. Once you air and start to fire dont use sabot when doing this unless there is a tank ofcousre. You will kill more if with heat then sabot.

Aim for building and that stuff so the splash of the rounds kills more people. If you see then taking cover its working and if your lucky you may push them back from cap range and then have 6 kills in the open.

Best maps:
Kashan
Ejod
Al kurah
Other maps with High ground around buildings

Hisham
2007-11-21, 12:00
Yea also if you have multiple tanks make a line and raise the main gun as high as you can and keep firing. thats good for long range

Dan UK
2007-11-21, 13:25
Also good for TK's:o

1rankman
2007-11-29, 07:12
this would be good for firing through the fog

zangoo
2007-11-29, 16:21
well just to point out if you aim up really high the rounds will never hit the ground, in the mod thing me and cas made with the 4km view distance i did a 3km shot and it had very little drop with a sabot and a noticable amount with heat but only about 20 feet or so.

[PR]CATA.Mobius
2008-07-05, 14:30
I wasn't aware armor spawned on EJOD.

gazzthompson
2008-07-05, 14:34
apc's do

Cyrax-Sektor
2008-07-05, 14:34
CATA.Mobius;720952']I wasn't aware armor spawned on EJOD.
Tanks were removed in a recent release from Ejod. It's just APCs, support trucks, and transport vehicles on the 64 now. 16 has no vehicles.

[PR]CATA.Mobius
2008-07-05, 14:38
Tanks were removed in a recent release from Ejod. It's just APCs, support trucks, and transport vehicles on the 64 now. 16 has no vehicles.

Hence my astonishment at the idea.

Honestly, I would rather see tanks at the front contributing to the taking of flags then sitting on hills wasting time with artillery fire.

ArmedDrunk&Angry
2008-07-05, 15:06
CATA.Mobius;720961']Hence my astonishment at the idea.

Honestly, I would rather see tanks at the front contributing to the taking of flags then sitting on hills wasting time with artillery fire.

Very true.
But.
Lacking strong infantry support, a quick barrage from a tank's main gun into a flag area might clear the way for the infantry to move up and lessen the risk to the armor when they move up.

On a similar but different subject, the field guns on Fools Road...what is the range ?
3K ?
Does it have the same 20ft drop over 3k as listed for the tank's main gun ?

It seems like a squad manning all those guns, with a spotter well forward, could be a huge asset.

Thermis
2008-07-05, 21:15
Don't think using the field guns on FR for arty would be very practical but if you get it to work let me know.

The problem I find with tanks for the most part, and hence why we have to put them on top of hills, is the lack of infantry support. I'd love to bring tanks into cities but the infantry almost never supports the tanks.
IRL were there is lots of infantry support Tanks try to stay out of street to street fighting because they can't deploy there weapon systems effectively. They secure perimeters for the most part.

I think we need to develop a better way for SL on the ground to communicate threats to tank commanders before the would be helpful in cities

Edward
2008-09-19, 07:08
Don't think using the field guns on FR for arty would be very practical but if you get it to work let me know.

The problem I find with tanks for the most part, and hence why we have to put them on top of hills, is the lack of infantry support. I'd love to bring tanks into cities but the infantry almost never supports the tanks.
IRL were there is lots of infantry support Tanks try to stay out of street to street fighting because they can't deploy there weapon systems effectively. They secure perimeters for the most part.

I think we need to develop a better way for SL on the ground to communicate threats to tank commanders before the would be helpful in cities

In addition to communicating the threats to tank commanders when running urban, what about someone writing up a short guide on how the real USMC handles tank/Inf coordination?

It's pretty easy in tight quarters to circle to where the turret isn't looking and pop an IED right where the tank doesn't need it, because (as this thread notes) there's no tank support. Just like the efficacy of an APC and Inf squad working through the commander, urban firefights need the tank/inf emphasis. No easier way to clear an alley than with a few HE rounds down the road, but so far it's also pretty easy to get killed in armor when poking around city streets.

For the next PR revision-if two squads want to coordinate without a bottle-neck at the commander, how about PR give squad leaders a separate VOIP key for each other, activated only when the commander tasks two squads for whatever purpose. This way the squad leaders, for the length of their task, can coordinate directly.

SocketMan
2008-09-19, 23:19
In addition to communicating the threats to tank commanders when running urban, what about someone writing up a short guide on how the real USMC handles tank/Inf coordination?

It's pretty easy in tight quarters to circle to where the turret isn't looking and pop an IED right where the tank doesn't need it, because (as this thread notes) there's no tank support. Just like the efficacy of an APC and Inf squad working through the commander, urban firefights need the tank/inf emphasis. No easier way to clear an alley than with a few HE rounds down the road, but so far it's also pretty easy to get killed in armor when poking around city streets.

For the next PR revision-if two squads want to coordinate without a bottle-neck at the commander, how about PR give squad leaders a separate VOIP key for each other, activated only when the commander tasks two squads for whatever purpose. This way the squad leaders, for the length of their task, can coordinate directly.

It's already there in a way.Called teamspeak:razz:;-)

Edward
2008-09-20, 00:12
It's already there in a way.Called teamspeak:razz:;-)

And Vent, I know the programs. Trouble is-unless the person creating rooms can manage a dynamic environ with strangers-big conference-style comm channels get way too confusing. I have been in Vent with the same crowd for five months now, and I still get their voices confused if I don't see the mike-symbol light up. The nice perk about BF2 and mods is the name that comes up when someone keys a channel that you can hear. An additional VOIP key that may be commander-assigned for specific SL comm is the best way to enable better coordination in pubs.

For private or more formal matches, I'd expect the third-party VOIP program to be well organized before to handle squad arrangements.