PDA

View Full Version : Assorted Helicopter/Jet/Air Tales of Misfortune and Hilarity

Dunehunter
2007-11-11, 15:31
Inspired by another thread (and in an effort to keep it on-topic ;)), please use this thread to talk about the worst things you've seen happen or have experienced yourself which involved anything flying (it isn't required for the thing that was flying to be intended for it)

I'll start of with one of my own worst flying experiences so far:

Landing the Merlin on the eastern island on Al Basrah one of the bumpy patches inbetween the buildings, with the squad I was picking up doing a really good at covering the entire area in smoke to make it safer. Just a shame that I couldn't see that I was tipping over until I was upside down.

Some of the worst things I've seen (not from my point of view, but from theirs): right after the US troops forced us out off the Facility, an A10 bombed it, killing every last one of them, and allowing us to effortlessly retake it. Again.

NickO
2007-11-11, 15:37
Flying the apache for around half an hour perfectly. We had the whole MEC teams armour unable to leave their main and the rest of our team were capping flag after flag and the game was in our pocket.
When we did a quick flyby of the outer edge of the map outside mec outpost and saw a friendly tank parked outside mec outpost keeping an eye on the area. And we are flying very low and it sees us coming into its view clearly seeing that its an apache not a Havoc since we were 100m away cruising past and he shoots us with a Sabot round.

-----------------------
Another time was when I saw our 2 havocs crash together on lift-off..

Deadfast
2007-11-11, 15:44
Sunset city.
USMC team.
VOIP squad leader.
We needed a lift.
Little bird with pilot available.
Told the squad to get in and told the pilot to go to *coordinates close to temple, let's say it's C6*.
Pilot said "You got it" by voice-over.
We successfully took off and he flew to temple.
Altitude 100m, "Bail out !"
Teamchat: you gotta land, we've got no parachutes !
"Bail out !" One poor blue guy jumps out and get cut to half by tail rotor
Teamchat: "YOU GOTTA LAND !!!!!!!!!"
Pilot: "You got it"
Littlebird crashes at full speed to tree.
We've exchanged some angry thoughts over VOIP
Pilot: "What is C6 ?????"

Funny when you look at it back :)

Masaq
2007-11-11, 15:46
Scene: Gulf of Oman WAC
Time: About half an hour into the round
Team: USMC
------------
I'd been operating a BH squad - 3 pilots and three guys acting as crewmen, gunners and general support for the rest of the team. We'd lost a few birds (some of the guys weren't the hottest BH pilots I'll admit), but mine was still up and running after 25-30 minutes.

A guy keeps telling me "TAKE ME TO HOTEL!!!" repeatedly over team chat. I explain several times that Hotel is ridiculously hot, and that no chopper I'm piloting will go near it.

He tells me I'm a pussy and that I can't fly.

I ignore him, and take the other guys on board to about 200m out from one of the front-line CP. He gets out.

A minute later he's back on the carrier, having died. He gets in - "TAKE ME TO THE HOTEL!!!". I refuse.

I take him and some others to near the hotel, everyone else jumps out, he stays in. We fly back to the carrier to pick up the next load. At this point, my bird is the only BH we have flying.

We land, people jump into the bird. He jumps out, requests pilot kit, pops a single round into my helmetted head, and seizes the controls.

First, he tries to take off while the engine is still warming up - cue "strangled cat" sound effects. Then he pulls the bird off the deck whilst it's in the last few seconds of warming up, it dips and almost hits the water.

At this point I've decided to hold my spawn so I can watch the death-cam as it's staying with the bird. I watch him rise up above the sea, in the rough direction of land.

The bird flies fairly straight and fairrrly steady, though it was erratic enough that everyone ELSE in the BH is spamming teamchat with "DEAR GOD OUR PILOT'S DRUNK - WHAT THE HELL!" and "WE'RE GOING TO DIE, LET US OUT!". Pilot continues, unabaited.

Nearing the shore, he takes .50cal rounds from a Vodnik waiting for him on the shore. He tries to evade- the bird tips from side to side, spins, rolls, almost flips backwards and finally cartwheels spectacularly into the sea.

Flight time: Around 30 seconds.

supahpingi
2007-11-11, 16:00
Back in 0.5 on muttrah,
every single littlebrid on the US ship flipped over,almost at the same time.
It was rly stupid to see this happening.....
Luckely now most ppl are used to the 30 sec take off.

CareBear
2007-11-11, 16:08
frogfoot, first time t is able totake of as the spawn raper was kicked,

i jump in and take off, do some missle runs on enemy postions, f-16 finds me, and i hear a constant tone, i pull up in to the clouds and do some fancy manouvering, and lose tone, f-16 spotted and i mange to turn around and come back towards it, we keep flying past each other and seeing each other at distance, one final loop in the clouds, pul round to finish of the 180 turn.. BANG we fly staright into each other :/
as he did basically the same as me, we both chuckled :-P

in the cobra on gulf WAC,
me and gunner, ripping into the mec vechiles and taking out any targets spotted, APC is spotted, gunner sends a tv in the direction but unable to hit the APC as its behind a billboard, we move to our side a couple of meters so we are able to just about see the APC, gunner trys firing, 'SHIT OUT OF MISSLES!' APC spots us and fires, stroaight into cockpit killing both me and gunner, cobra gently floats to earth and lands on the beach, somehow it is not completely dead and opnly lightly smoking spawn on bunker get pilot and run to rescue our heli, get in, start warming up, but rotars arnt moving D: enemy APC had managed to disable our maint rotor, didnt even know that was possible, i only thought the rear rotor was the only 1 that could be disabled. anyway we on the beach in a cobra that is unable to take off, we yell for an engineer, 1 comes along and we get repaied, WOO! start to pull up as we are full repaied, BANG, get hit by a H AT :(

Sgt_Canadian_Floss
2007-11-11, 23:41
In Basrah, I get into the Merlin with the rest of my squad to hitch a ride to the cache on the island (south), but the pilot decides to try and land on top of a building. ''It can be fun'' we all said over VOIP, until the tail rotor hit the building, the helo starts spinning, manage to stabilize itself, but we then get hit by an RPG. In an effort to make himself a hero, instead of trying to land the helo and get US back to safety, the pilot decides that he wants to suicide into a squad of insurgents, which he did. Heard he got yelled at by his SL and the CO.
Fun yes, pleasent, no.
I respect pilots for their jobs. But that kind, I dont think so.
(I dont know if he got his 72 virgins, if yes, I hope their guys)

Farks
2007-11-12, 00:53
Like I said in the other thread:

One guy (in my team) shot down my helicopter with the explanation "annoying sound" a few months ago. And at another occasion, one of the guys in the squad I was about to pick up (order from the CO) shot me once I had landed, and tried to fly away by himself with his squad...

More to come...

DarkTalon
2007-11-13, 04:28
i'll let the pictures speak for themselves
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/9300/screen067lz6.png

I find the prick on another server and deliver justice.
read the chat \/
http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/271/screen072wk6.png

read the chat once more
M240 HeavySupportSoldier: Die hoe
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9167/screen074kb3.png
http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/6370/screen075jw0.png

i actually lol'd when i read this:
LOL i killed you 12 times noob stfu plz
http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/4397/screen083po3.png

some terrible aircraft incidents i have observed

this must have been one hell of a story.
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/9537/screen088sg9.png

must have been a bad experiance for one of them, pretty cool deathcam shot for me.
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/6559/screen134vd3.png

we got a blackhawk dow- we got an F-16 down
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/1940/screen141fo3.png

Reddish Red
2007-11-13, 09:02
I can't Fly Helos or Jets, so i haven't had any on my part.

But my worst experience is seeing the Commander get in the A10, then Promptly crash it into a wall.

-=TB=-Tobakfromcuba
2007-11-13, 09:10
being the engineer onboard of an ogt merlin.
pilot delivered troops into the battle..my job was to repair the chopper during flight and drop some c4 if we spotted tangos.
10 times it worked...the 11. time that trickydamnthing exploded right in my hand.
bye bye chopperwhopperbomberfun...

Outlawz7
2007-11-13, 16:42
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/9537/screen088sg9.png

Merlin having butsecks with the IFV?

CareBear
2007-11-13, 19:19
f16 spawns, first time it is ble to get off the airstrip as its notgetting rapped or runway aint destroyed,

guy jumps in f-16,
me in my hummer driving around in circles around he airstrip, just finnished repairing runway, drive past hanger, f16 zooms out and hits me, and promptly kills us both,
guy gets kicked for negative score, must ahve sucke for him

:roll:

although thinking on it, he would not be able to take off :o as the f-16 is unable to take off directlyout of the hanger anyway, so he would have hit the wall:lol:

Outlawz7
2007-11-13, 20:20
Priceless moments on 0.5 Basrah, when the A-10 carpet bombed the USMC since there was no jihad cars for him to chase around :roll:

One particular as USMC; I had a 3-man squad going around blowing up the ammo caches. We come to the Industry to blow up that one first as the A-10 decides, he'll help out and Hydra spams the compound with the ammo cache and the warehouse, teamkilling us all and getting punished for TK, thus getting him kicked. After he camped for his beloved A10 for half an hour :lol:

One time as Insurgent, there was a USMC squad assaulting the Facility, all of them carefully moving without being noticed. We did notice them, but couldn't predict, where they are, leaving us frustrated. Then the A10 comes and releases his bombs on the entire area, teamkilling every single one of them.
I saw it from a rooftop and LOLploded. :p

Mongolian_dude
2007-11-13, 20:41
Pretty much whenever i get shot down by a tank in a copter, cut it just shouldnt happen as often as it does in game :(

One in particular, i engaged an enemy LB in my eurocopter (already at a disadvantage:(), both rushing past each other like samurai, in a flurry of tracers...

He bugs out and RTBs and so do I....Seconds later my engine cuts out and i go down at about 250m, at top speed. SOMEHOW, I land softer than a feather on the skids. I waited by this wounded copter for 10minz, for a repair truck to come passing by.
It was some wait!

...mongol...

DarkTalon
2007-11-13, 22:56
I can't Fly Helos or Jets, so i haven't had any on my part.

But my worst experience is seeing the Commander get in the A10, then Promptly crash it into a wall.

how did the commander get a pilot kit?

NickO
2007-11-14, 12:11
Probably had it before he became commander. Or picked it up etc.

Outlawz7
2007-11-14, 13:32
Oh and one time, again Insurgent on Basrah 0.5; as an A10 pilot gets kicked for carpet bombing a friendly squad (:roll:), I wasn't paying attention to the text much, when when I turned around I saw the A10 on the horizon going down backwards and gently crashing into the ground in the middle of the desert. Epic.

Eddiereyes909
2007-11-14, 13:50
Flying an F16 in kashan, im going in to a dive to take out a frog, and suddenly i get TKed by a damn Anti Air

LtSoucy
2007-11-14, 22:42
0.5- FLying a A-10 and another A-10. We bot hcoming right over NOrth VCp at the same time him from north me from west. We hit each other right over them. When the planes hit the ground you see the insrenst all run over and start jumping on them. The na Cobra comes over and pwns them all with missles and gun. And before i knew it they all were dead and VCP was ares. Even better we were kicked out of flying squad for being in the SL's mind-"Bad A-10 pilots, and dont rejoin"

DarkTalon
2007-11-15, 00:41
0.5- FLying a A-10 and another A-10. We bot hcoming right over NOrth VCp at the same time him from north me from west. We hit each other right over them. When the planes hit the ground you see the insrenst all run over and start jumping on them. The na Cobra comes over and pwns them all with missles and gun. And before i knew it they all were dead and VCP was ares. Even better we were kicked out of flying squad for being in the SL's mind-"Bad A-10 pilots, and dont rejoin"
I had a tough time reading that. are you from poland or something?

Masaq
2007-11-15, 16:39

The fact you two couldn't even communicate between you to time your runs seperately indicates he was possibly quite right. Crashing into a *friendly* jet is just daft :p

I have a long list of times my joystick has slipped off my desk, or I've moved my keyboard slightly and hit my mouse with it, causing the chopper I'm in to veer violently into a hill.

If you ever fly in the back of my transport chopper - BH, LB or PLA SupaCow and you wonder why the hell we suddenly start going sideways and then recover quickly, it usually means I pushed the mouse by accident or dropped the joystick :p

NickO
2007-11-15, 17:17
Yeah, you should be able to deactivate the other types of controls that you dont want whilst flying..

But I only use mah keyboard and my mouse is pretty far away ^^

CareBear
2007-11-15, 18:46
i use keyboard only,

was in the havok on kashan, with my mate, and my little niece comes in all cute etc, then starts playing with the mouse, and dropped it on the floor, havok went crazy, when i got the mouse off her and back on the table, still tryin to fly with 1 hand on the keyboard, come back, and im upside down, :/
my mate who was gunner, says over ts, 'nice flying'
we crash, and my niece wins, had to go play with her barbies :(

Umbrae
2007-11-16, 11:22
I don't fly much in PR. . . Mainly due to the fact I enjoy shooting people. But in 'nilla BF2, I fly transports alot.

My best so far was as in 'nill (before I started playing PR, on like .2 or 3.) I moved my squad by air to a CP. Right as soon as I land our SL get's hit and killed. So I just drop every one off, and head back to our HQ to pick up or SL on respawn.
SL gets in, fly up and off. flying level when suddenly BOOM . . . we die in a huge explosion. Although I had flown that exact rout 5+ times that round I realized I had flown directly over OUR arti. It would seem some one called an ari strike, the fist outgoing shell hit the underbelly of our BH. You can be killed by outgoing ari, just FYI.

As for controlls. God I wish I could disable my mouse. . . I have limited desk space, and fly via joystick . . . which sits where my mouse normaly goes. . . meaning if I jigle the stick, it may move my mouse. . .

LtSoucy
2007-11-16, 11:35
i use keyboard only,

was in the havok on kashan, with my mate, and my little niece comes in all cute etc, then starts playing with the mouse, and dropped it on the floor, havok went crazy, when i got the mouse off her and back on the table, still tryin to fly with 1 hand on the keyboard, come back, and im upside down, :/
my mate who was gunner, says over ts, 'nice flying'
we crash, and my niece wins, had to go play with her barbies

lol same happened to me once but when I was on Oman and then she hit the table moved mouse, hit the mouse, now were upside down. And then I see the barrel of a tank fire and BANG! Tank is dead along with about 6 soldiers. :D

fullonforce
2007-11-16, 16:11
Lol tell me about it my little brothers allways causing trouble when im on it..

Ok my experience is...
Team: BAF, Map: Al basrah

Leading my squad we climb into the Merlin with a random pilot, after taking us the scenic way round basrah air space we get him to go where want. He eventually decents to where a suspected ammo cache is and touches down with a bit of a jolt...
As my squad begin to exit the chopper I spot an Insurgent squad led by 2 RPG gunners crawling through the grass. Unfortunatly the pilot is not in our voice.
We run for cover as the chopper is hit by an RPG, the pilot panics and banks hard left and crushes 1 of my squaddies :roll: before pulling straight up. He goes belly up and lands flat upside-down on a mud house in a massive explosion of cloud and dust. After a minute of cross fire with the Insurgent squad :firing: we move to inspect the crash only to find that explosion has revealed another room with a smoking ammo cache in as well as a small basement full of weapons!! :D
After doing are stuff we move out just as 2 Warriors pull up... good for us bad for the pilot

[=TC=]nuetron
2007-11-17, 09:52
ok, last week I was waiting on Kashan for the Apache........about 10 minutes into the wait, a D-bag nub shoots my squad leader, then he shot me, luckily i got a extra FD from my squad mate, but when I tried to report him to the Admin, he said i was lying, and that I TKed him repeatidly!!!!
I said look at his score, he has -13 and I hav 0 pts, I was waiting, he Team killed, then he said and I quote" ya, he made me Teamkill him, he is a teamkiller, ban him" WAT THE F---?????

emitrepus
2007-11-17, 12:09
We'll fist of just share your funny experience any kind of experience in game while using Jet Plane or Helicopter.... Thanks!!!

Edit: I moved and merged this thread with one I had created earlier to prevent clutter. PM me if you mind.

LtSoucy
2007-11-17, 12:14
This should be in the tales from Frontlines but what ever. I was once flying a A-10 n Basrah and collided with another over VCP and killed both and had no A-10 surpport for 20 minutes. Another is when I was a gunner and Lt.Dube was the pilot. He got shot in the head by a M95 rifle and killed. The cobra did a nose dive into the middle of facility. I died in the crash also.

emitrepus
2007-11-17, 12:48
funny thing i did was killing a player with the rotor blades of a helicopter... accidentally, when i saw player running infront of me though he didnt see me i think he was going to capture my chopper i entered the chopper it was like he saw the chopper's rotor blades rotating and what he did is back up running and soon as the chopper is ready to fly I forward lean on the chopper then suddenly he died i didn't know if i hit him or not then i saw that i killed him warning chats on the upper left corner... and i was like laughing out loud of that stupid player...

crudge
2007-11-17, 13:03
i recent funny one happened to me yesterday, well not be exactly

i was in kashan and some newb managed to fly a MIG into a friendly supply drop and kill himself....

another good one that happened on the same game, i flew the frog to some enemy armor and was shot by AA, so i ejected and manged to paracute onto of a enemy tank! i was their for like 5 mintues till i was killed my falling off it wilst it was moving!!!

G.Drew
2007-11-17, 15:51
i recent funny one happened to me yesterday, well not be exactly

i was in kashan and some newb managed to fly a MIG into a friendly supply drop and kill himself....

another good one that happened on the same game, i flew the frog to some enemy armor and was shot by AA, so i ejected and manged to paracute onto of a enemy tank! i was their for like 5 mintues till i was killed my falling off it wilst it was moving!!!

lol :mrgreen:

Patriot_07
2007-11-18, 19:41
It is so funny how some people are so dumb. Is it really that hard to fly a chopper? I come from regular Bf2 and right now I am downloading PR, and I'm curious..is flying harder? In regular bf2, blackhawks are a piece of cake.

Alex6714
2007-11-18, 20:14
Well, blackhawks are like unstable missiles at the moment.:lol:

I have been happily flying around in a frogfoot once, owning tanks and such (to a certain degree) when I banked left, only to find a supply drop in front of me. DidnĀ“t end well...:lol:

Now I know 2 things:

1) When you see the supply drop icon on the minimap, pretend you are evading a fighter.

2) Aircraft in PR need TCAS.

Emnyron
2007-11-19, 08:37
Kashan, 1km out from enemy base.

Mig-one and Mig-Two goes into attack position, Objective is to hit the enemy runway, and to disable any hot targets on the ground..

I hear Mig-One comment over the radio, "Dammit, this place is, Incomming!"
His flares deploy, and the missile goes after them, one evaded..
Then, without warning, i get hit by that god dammed missile, IT DID A 90deg TURN in an instant!

I curse as i soar towards the ground, watching my jet explode above me..
-----------------------------

Outlawz7
2007-11-20, 14:59
It is so funny how some people are so dumb. Is it really that hard to fly a chopper? I come from regular Bf2 and right now I am downloading PR, and I'm curious..is flying harder? In regular bf2, blackhawks are a piece of cake.

30 second warm-up time and some more maneuverability, but they're still easy to fly.
The biggest threat to a pilot is flipping over.

Objurium
2007-11-20, 23:58
This thread is funny. :lol: I think we can all agree, that Ryan kid is a douche bag. :wink:

Anyway, Kashan 64. My squad was attacking South Village, and captured it relatively easy. (Armor squad). Anyway, Commander wants us to hold our M1s there until the infantry catches up. We get into a battle with some T90s, take out most of them, while losing a few of our own too. Shortly thereafter, the Frogfoot swoops in and kicks all of our asses. No one was waiting for the F16, which had spawned, so after asking the team if I could take it, I rocketed out of base back toward South Village. I still had one guy on the group who kept her spotted, allowing me to slip in pretty easily behind her.
I got a solid tone, about to fire, when the Froggy hits the flares and snap rolls down and to port. Attempting to copy his maneuver, I stand the Falcon up on its wing and begin to swoop down after it, at which point I get tabbed out of PR so Norton can tell me that my virus definitions aren't up to date.
SHIT!

So, the Falcon ends up taking a long, lazy barrel roll into the ground. :lol:

Another mishap happened when at a friends house, who I downloaded PR for, and was showing him my A10 piloting skills. He didn't have a joystick, but one of those weird U shaped WoW keyboards. Whatver, I thought. I'm decent with a keyboard as well.

Long story short, due to the unfamiliar layout (You know that feeling when using someone elses' keyboard, lol) I tried to bring the A10s nose around to the right, and accidentally hit E, hurtling my pilot into a mountain.

DarkTalon
2007-11-21, 01:28
I got a solid tone, about to fire, when the Froggy hits the flares and snap rolls down and to port. Attempting to copy his maneuver, I stand the Falcon up on its wing and begin to swoop down after it, at which point I get tabbed out of PR so Norton can tell me that my virus definitions aren't up to date.
SHIT!

just FYI as long as you don't visit too many sketchy websites your computer won't get infected by a super-virus if you turn off norton for 30 minutes.

Gas4ayear
2007-11-21, 19:40
This was so bad, my SL got us all loaded up in the hilo on i forget which map, and on our way to enemy base, the pilot bails out for no reason and we crash and die.

Soulja
2007-11-25, 07:49
Had a SS right before impact for this but re-installed and lost it but I remember having a chopper squad going on Kashan and we had the whole blackhawk full and I was sitting on the left side. One dumbass in my squad refused to get in the blackhawk cus he was gona fly the "Uber 1337zorz F-16" Well, I didnt kick him and just said be on station and give us air cover. We take off and head for the bunkers and from my door I see a little spec in the distance which was the F-16 banking toward the chopper. We're low so i tell him he should get some altitude and he pulls up to the choppers height then flys about 500m straight into us. I remember seeing that he wasnt going to turn and I said "Oh %$#@!" and hit the SS button right before he hit us. I had this awesome SS of a F-16 about 1/1000 of a second from impact and you can clearly see the pilot and everything. It was kinda funny but needless to say I kicked him from my squad and he called me a n00b...... Yea.....

Emnyron
2007-11-27, 10:13
Post that pic plxthx;)

Alex6714
2007-11-27, 17:15
I think he lost it in a reinstall.;)

Soulja
2007-11-27, 21:50
Post that pic plxthx;)

Someone either doesn't know English very well or failed to read....

Emnyron
2007-11-28, 11:26
Someone either doesn't know English very well or failed to read....

I did neither, Its just that I deduced from your statement that you reinstalled bf2, and from my personal experience, SS`s dont dissapear if you do.
However I coud be wrong in my assesment, simply becuse its rather busy around here:(

Outlawz7
2007-11-28, 14:49
SHIT!

Norton ftl

Look up a decent anti-virus, dude ;)

Dunehunter
2007-11-28, 15:08
1) I've been flying my squad around on Al Basrah for a while already, no crashes yet (though I had some close run-ins with RPG and technical fire...nothing quite like seeing an RPG shoot straight past you), when I'm coming in slowly for a pick-up at Village. I was coming in a bit too fast, so I pull back a bit...then my mouse's batteries die. I frantically try to level it again, to no avail, until...boom.

2) Another one on Al Basrah. I'm piloting the Merlin, a bit to the west of Village again, when I accidentally press E...the Merlin floats down and survives the crash, through it's badly damaged...I go splat. So I spawn at the Airport, and make the run south, get back in the Merlin, then fly back to the Airport for repairs. By now, the Merlin is pretty much full, and for lack of something to do, and because it was filled with mostly engineers, we decide to go take out the bridge leading west from the island to the city. I touch down, one guy bails out...rpg hit. I call for him to get back in, take a second hit. Start to pull up...third hit. Merlin goes down...then, half a minute later, the bridge goes boom. Apparently, one guy bailed out just in time. Merlin-Bridge: 1-1

3) I'm on an attack run to the PLA base on Daqing Oilfields (we capped everything else already) when we start taking fire, so I pull away to the left...too low, too fast...I see the trees coming straight at us...and then we're through. Somehow, at full speed, we passed right inbetween the trees, and came out heavily damaged but flying on the other side.

MadTommy
2007-11-28, 15:53
Joined a server running Kashan Desert. I spawned, MIG was in hanger, so i created an AIR squad and jumped in. The round was young.

I spent 15 minutes in a series of dogfights with two F-16s. The dogfights had been frenetic but with no loses on either side. I was really working a sweat up. At one point through a series of vomit inducing evasion manoeuvres i lost my pursuer but also went too far out of bounds.. and i ended up with a bleed in the cockpit. I needed to land in order to get some health. I had to abandon the first two attempts as the F16s harried me on my approach. I managed to loose the f16s and sneak back to base...I made a fast emergency landing, jumped out and gave myself a medi pack... but it was not enough, i needed another. I called for a medic.. but an engineer runs up to my plane.. i think to myself.. arr nice teamwork he's coming over to check if my Mig needs repairs.

I start typing in text that i don’t need repairs.. and thanks.. but no.. he was a smacktard.. C4 was his thing.. Kabooom went me the Mig and the runway.

Its amazing how a good experience can turn sour so quick.

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/3796/screen063ld0.jpg

alternate301192 is the smacktard - reckon it might be an aliases. doh!

CAS_117
2007-12-01, 07:14
I just run those "helpful" ones over. I'll reload at US outpost in the desert thank you very much.

Doom721
2007-12-02, 16:09
My favorite moment is on kashan in a VOIP air squad and im in the F16, there is another F16 and an A10 in the air..

I proceed to tell people I'm landing on the runway the guy in the A10 acknowledges and moves on, but then 2 seconds after I slow down to no throttle and begin to tweak my locale for rearming I hear on voip..

"DOOM GET OUT OF THE WAY IM LANDING YOU GOTTA MOVE I CAN'T STOP"

I look in the rear view cam only to see an F16 that just cleared the barb wire....

I tell him "I can't move you stupid bastard I'm at no throttle"

I begin to throttle up to try and avoid hell, but instead of TKing me and accidentally blowing us both up, he veers off the runway and hits the wall killing himself, then blames me ...

THIS IS A LESSON IN TELLING PEOPLE WHEN THE RUNWAY IS NOT CLEAR AND PAYING ATTENTION... :roll:

Tweaky
2007-12-02, 21:14
2 of our Frogfoots, one which I was flying.... I landed on the runway, told the other guy I was on the runway... he says "ok".... and then when I was focused on the HUD with ammo being rearmed.... I hear this ROAR right above my head and it is his Frogfoot aborting a landing and trying to pull up to not hit me. We both collided but his plane survived. Mine was a wreckage, his flew up in the air a bit, and came back down to land on the end of the runway where then he got kicked for a negative score. So I thought.... OOOH, well I guess to be fair I'll take his Frogfoot when I respawn. The death camera pans over to his empty plane, no friendly in sight to take the plane. Then all of a sudden, an enemy Blackhawk with an AA passenger on board, comes barreling into the the empty Frogfoot with AA firing, flares dropping, and nosedive to ram right into the Frogfoot. 2nd Frogfoot down... flame wars ensued :(. This all happened in like 10-15 seconds. Before all this happened, MEC team was dominating the air... so I can see why the US would resort to anything to get the bombers killed.

Another story would be when I was in the A10 firing at a enemy MEC chopper with the 2 AA missiles. At the time my F16 copilots were trying to kill a MIG. I fired my 2 AA missiles at the enemy Helo when it had a lock... of course the flares dropped and the missiles went crazy and missed (I was out of gun ammo so couldn't fire on it). But I saw one missile dart up into the air to my left. One of the F16 pilots told me on VOIP that the MIG just exploded in front of him, and the other pilot said he confirmed a wreckage too. I looked at my score, and I had one extra kill :)... I am pretty sure I killed the MIG with a stray missile heheh. Funny when that happens, but I have had it happen to me all the time, even from friendly AA.

Bombing commander trucks with a full load of people is always fun too :twisted:

Quick story also... I saw that someone on the MEC team complained of people at the airfield waiting for a plane... so I do a quick pass over their runway to see, and can see like 4 or 5 guys all clumped up throwing smoke where the Frogfoot spawns. I loop back around and do a low flyby and clip 4 enemies and killed them all. Was hilarious. Just after that happened, I was told a MIG landed at our runway... I think some people forget which team they are on :D

Emnyron
2007-12-02, 22:46
Was hilarious. Just after that happened, I was told a MIG landed at our runway... I think some people forget which team they are on :D

I was there..
And I know who landed there:D
Was a effin odd round..

chrisweb89
2008-07-11, 10:38
The worst thing for me which has happened twice is the mig or f16 pilot tries to show off and fly circles around me in the a10 or frog and then go underneath me nice and close and I dont see him there so when I go to dive down for a strafing run I just get randomly teamkilled, later to find out there was a friendly jet under me.

Pride
2008-07-11, 11:41
Thread revival!

Anyway, better have something useful to say...

Flying the Cobra on Kashan, enemy Havoc got us locked near North Village, so i flared and dived back towards main, which saved us. Unfortunately, the missile dived beneath us, following the flares, and locked on to the 2nd cobra, which was just taking off from the helipad.

-=TB=-Tobakfromcuba
2008-07-14, 06:30
ok, worse thing for the pilots, ehhm not exactly the right thread but not that special video and not worth opening a own thread for it.

chopperkills on Vimeo (http://www.vimeo.com/1335809)

-=TB=-Tobakfromcuba
2008-07-14, 06:31
sry double post

Alex6714
2008-07-14, 11:07
Back in 0.6, I was in the gunner seat of an attack helicopter on kashan. I saw what I though was an enemy APC and fired. I got even more excited as the missile close in, now I could see that it was a full commander truck. Sweet.:grin:

Impact.

There was me all proud of my kills, then the horro dawned on me as I looked into the top left hand corner of my screen. Yup, I just took out the commander and a full squad in the truck.:(

Or getting chsed by an enemy cobra, at which point I had no flares or tail rotor. Rockets and AA missiles hitting al around, and all his AA missed without flares somehow. We reached our helipad at which point we turned around, fired one AA missile and got him.:) That taught me never to run from a cobra.:)