PDA

View Full Version : Retreat Option

torenico
2007-10-11, 06:46
Hi

Kashan map.. 64 player

you are the commander.. you are loosing.. you have no chioce for stop enemy armor and infatery.. what do have to do??

maybe the retreat option

is not the best but works

telling scuads.. avoid this.. roads / enemy / wars / get killed / expose scuad

1: Select a scuad on the frontline

2: Using VOIP (required) tell the scuad.. "ok guys we need the tickets move to this position"

3: put a mark on the map and tell to them retreat.. place a rally, request kits and prepare for counter attack

sometimes you can drive yours scuad to a village

its ok because they can take cover at the moment.

some players didnt like this order.. so if they say NO, respond whit.. ARE MY DIRECT ORDERS

If you see them taking heavy casualityes.. tell it at the momet!!

one chance is.. drop supplies on a village / zone and wait when the supplies are on the middle of the air.. at that moment tell the scuad "retreat to this position" and they can gte supplies and if you want.. drive a truck over there or sent APC or TANKS

thanks my first tactic

DarkTalon
2007-10-11, 23:54
don't think i've ever seen a commander order a retreat, it would probably do some good, and set up a pretty snug defense around the next assault line, but considering the short lifespan of players their best shot is to keep throwing valuable assets at the enemy.

foxxravin
2007-10-12, 16:35
not bad ;)

ZaZZo
2007-10-12, 20:19
don't think i've ever seen a commander order a retreat, it would probably do some good, and set up a pretty snug defense around the next assault line, but considering the short lifespan of players their best shot is to keep throwing valuable assets at the enemy.

We retreated so much on Qwai River whle fighting the USEF in the PRT.
Fishing Village fell and Delta squad had to retreat to Temple to set up a defence.

I can't remember how many times we held that flag, but it wasn't very long without an assault by the Americans.

But it wasn't an actual "retreat" it was more like, if you die, spawn at the RP and move to Temple.

DarkTalon
2007-10-12, 22:27
We retreated so much on Qwai River whle fighting the USEF in the PRT.
Fishing Village fell and Delta squad had to retreat to Temple to set up a defence.

I can't remember how many times we held that flag, but it wasn't very long without an assault by the Americans.

But it wasn't an actual "retreat" it was more like, if you die, spawn at the RP and move to Temple.

thats what i meant, your lifespan is generally so short it's actually more efficient to die fighting, and respawn then to run away, not only is the option of dieing and respawning faster, but you're more likely to get a kill and make your score go up by alot. one of the inherent problems with BF2 gameplay.

ZaZZo
2007-10-13, 13:01
thats what i meant, your lifespan is generally so short it's actually more efficient to die fighting, and respawn then to run away, not only is the option of dieing and respawning faster, but you're more likely to get a kill and make your score go up by alot. one of the inherent problems with BF2 gameplay.

Yeah, that was only becasue it was like: "Suicide and respawn, or something bad will happen to you!" kind of order, in a publice game, I would never suicide and respawn to defend a flag. Rather run all the way back.

But yeah, I completely agree with what your saying.

Michael_Denmark
2007-10-15, 23:25

In public games - as commander - i have ordered some teams to retreat if the terms to fight the battle (IMO) seemed better than staying in a bad position.

In example on Ejod or Jabal where elevated terrain around specific flag-zones turned those into traps when the enemy force controlled the E terrain.

Or in example when a teams ability to conduct an attack has been lower than the enemy teams ability to defend.

Recognition is a vital part of a commanders battle.

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/commander-training-tutorial-t17364p2.html

3. Basic Tactical Commander.

But its absolutely not everyone on public servers who will follow an retreat order. Most PR players are attackers, some are defenders, very few are retreaters.

Retreat is in my opinion a very complex battle exercise, cause the enemy will often write the law more than usual when performing the exercise. So its a true challenge to succeed with. And not only on a team-sized level but also on a squad-sized level.

My 2 Euroes

Biggaayal
2007-10-23, 16:04
I've ordered my whole team to retreat and hide on the edge of the map on Al Kuffrah :), if only to make a decided game end quicker :p. I'd lik a surrender button for the co :/.

On a whole retreating isn't so useful in most cases, as 90% of the people will always attackattackattack. Most times therefore, retreating will very much help the enemy instead of attacking their weak defenses.

Furthermore the commander does not have the intel necessary to order an effective and timely retreat. If a squad is losing many people already, it should be too late to retreat.

Michael_Denmark
2007-10-25, 13:07
I've ordered my whole team to retreat and hide on the edge of the map on Al Kuffrah :), if only to make a decided game end quicker :p. I'd lik a surrender button for the co :/.

On a whole retreating isn't so useful in most cases, as 90% of the people will always attackattackattack. Most times therefore, retreating will very much help the enemy instead of attacking their weak defenses.

Furthermore the commander does not have the intel necessary to order an effective and timely retreat. If a squad is losing many people already, it should be too late to retreat.

The experience-level the individual commander has, will in my opinion determine if the necessary Intel is available.
Cause In-game battle Intel about the enemy team is not the entire Intel needed in order to analysis a situation maybe leading to a retreat decision. The ticket-factor, squad leaders ability to actually lead and even more rare on PUB servers, to coordinate a fight is sometimes even more important than the entire skill-level of the enemy team.

And yes, in most cases with the present Project Reality player base – many of the teams players and or squad leaders will just counter-attack them self’s, cause they are per definition playing this game because they like the attack much more than the defence. Even when defence due to the ticket-factor is essential to win

This problem btw, will continue to stay put as long as the player base keeps receiving more of the attack player segment than the defend player segment.

But! I have tried public teams going into defence, so you can be lucky out there.

Batalla35
2007-10-25, 23:26
This problem btw, will continue to stay put as long as the player base keeps receiving more of the attack player segment than the defend player segment.

But! I have tried public teams going into defence, so you can be lucky out there.

ummm I think I belong to defend segment...and lately when I make a squad named defence is getting full easier than before...good sign i think