PDA

View Full Version : Tank armour and ammo

neonwalk
2007-08-07, 02:20
As of lately i have gone totally obsessive about driving a tank in PR, sweet great excellent great work by the team. If anyone have a good answear to any of the following questions i would be grateful:

1. Can all tanks be oneshotted by by a sabot round?

2. Will the different types of tanks yield different results when hit at the same spot, and where are their different sweetspots for the different tanks?

3. Are there many different armoursections on one tankmodell, and what are the different ones(i.e, are there two or more sections for the turret)? Do they differ between types.

4. What are the aprox. damage difference between HEAT and sabot against other armor?

5. Is deflection of a sabot written into the mod? Seems hits from all angles give quite equal dmg against armour.

6. Is a HEATround alike for the different factions, know dual HEATcharges have been developed by som countries(eastern if i am not wrong)

7. anyone know if the upcoming challengers HESH will differ greatly from the HEAT of the current MBTs?

8. If all these answears can be found in the manual, will i choke myself to death with a pickeled cucumber?:)

All answears greatly appreciated

Metis-M
2007-08-08, 13:05
I have a simple question about hitpoints:

Are there any changes to BF2 in PR?
If there are, where to read about it?

Would be cool if someone, maybe Dev, could give a serios answer.

Liquid_Cow
2007-08-17, 21:08
I too am an armor fanatic, I don't know all the answers, but I'll give you the ones that I do know...

1. Can all tanks be oneshotted by by a sabot round?
To the best of my knowledge, yes. As bounce off the fore-deck into the turret results in 1-shot kills. Ironically I find my best shooting to accomplish this is done at very long range

2. Will the different types of tanks yield different results when hit at the same spot, and where are their different sweetspots for the different tanks?
Yes, there is no difference in the level of armor, but the geometry of the tanks effect #1 above. It appears that the M-1 has the largest sweet spot.

3. Are there many different armoursections on one tankmodell, and what are the different ones(i.e, are there two or more sections for the turret)? Do they differ between types.
Yes and No. Look around in the forums, there have been several armor thickness guides published, though i suspect there is a slight change with 0.6

5. Is deflection of a sabot written into the mod? Seems hits from all angles give quite equal dmg against armour. IRL Sabot's work better at an angle than straight on. It would appear that in game they've followed the same model, it does not matter much what angle the rounds hit at.

8. If all these answears can be found in the manual, will i choke myself to death with a pickeled cucumber?:)
Don't worry, I know the hymlick manuver!

El_Vikingo
2007-08-17, 21:20
1. Aim for the drivers position. (Window on the front under the turret).

2. They should have the same damage if in the same spot, if not it may be due to net lag or hitbox problems.

3. Yes; The side, the front, the tracks, the rear and the turret. The turret may have a weaker spot at the barrels beginning.

4. SABOT is better on armour than HEAT, so stick to SABOT when targetting tanks.

5. I highly doubt the BF2 engine would be capable of changing damage depending on the angle (Someone official would have to verify this).

6. Yes, very likely.

7. I think the C2 Challenger will get HEAT and SABOT rounds, just like any other tank.

8. Depends, how big is it?

neonwalk
2007-08-18, 15:40
tnx a lot ! see you in a desert not far away..

carrack090
2007-09-11, 07:58
vikingo, ive seen bf2 tanks (M1A1 in particular) reflect shots from time to time if it is glancing, so i think it should still be so unless it was changed

Biggaayal
2007-10-22, 19:57
5. I highly doubt the BF2 engine would be capable of changing damage depending on the angle (Someone official would have to verify this).

In fact the engine is. This is in vanilla; a straight hit in vanilla will get you a lot more damage then an angled hit. I doubt they have taken this out for PR, but they may have for reasons stated above. I'm very interested in hearing from a DEV the specifics.

The one-shot-kill sweet spot AFAIK is actually a deflection of the top of tank's front, resulting in a second hit to the turret part. So it is basically a 2-hit combo.