PDA

View Full Version : Backup Plan

DeathDealer
2007-07-23, 00:13
For us comanders, winning is vital. A very important part of comanding, is making sure you have a good defence. Every time you go to capture a set of control points, (a,b,c,d), you want to set up a defensive base in a strategic area so that if you fail you have something to fall back on. Make sure you get a squad to build the sandbags, defensive bunker, and fire base for you.

This works awesome for the team. I've played this way myself and with a few comanders and it works like you wouldn't believe it.

Have fun.:firing: :shocked:
DeathDealer

daranz
2007-07-23, 02:02
You don't need to tie up an entire squad - one or two people building bunkers for you is enough. Also, if a squad is busy, do NOT ask for their help building a bunker - most likely, the team will be better off if the squad fights their fight instead of breaking contact, falling back, and shoveling sand.

Also, if you're gonna talk to CO's bitch squad, USE SQUAD SPECIFIC VOIP. There's nothing more annoying to every other SL on the battlefield than hearing the commander discuss where to place the next sandbag wall. Muting squads does nothing besides stop YOU from hearing THEM, so don't do it, or SLs will be forced to spam chat to get your attention.

Finally, remember that while building is your responsibility, your primary responsibility is always listening to your SLs and organizing your team. If someone asks for AT support or air cover, do your best to direct your team assets first. Because at least 50% of your team will always be retarded, you might be unable to direct the asset where it's needed, but you should always try.

DeathDealer
2007-07-23, 14:15
I am new to this forum but not pr. But what I said still goes a whole sqaud as you are advansing is good. I am not talking here about a bunker I said a BASE. And said sandbagsss so about three or four. Yeah it takes two peeps two hours to build that. We can't take that long so use a sqaud as you are advancing.

Next I DID NOT SAY to NOT use VOIP. And I DO NOT discuss where to put my next freaking sandbag with the team. I have no idea where you got those ideas. Maybe you should READ before you post?

I NEVER said that this was THE MOST IMPORTANT thing in comanding. I just said that it was important and it is. In future, read befor you post plz.:wink:

daranz
2007-07-23, 14:46
I am new to this forum but not pr. But what I said still goes a whole sqaud as you are advansing is good. I am not talking here about a bunker I said a BASE. And said sandbagsss so about three or four. Yeah it takes two peeps two hours to build that. We can't take that long so use a sqaud as you are advancing.

Next I DID NOT SAY to NOT use VOIP. And I DO NOT discuss where to put my next freaking sandbag with the team. I have no idea where you got those ideas. Maybe you should READ before you post?

I NEVER said that this was THE MOST IMPORTANT thing in comanding. I just said that it was important and it is. In future, read befor you post plz.:wink:
My post wasn't directed at you. I was merely trying to supplement your advice with some of mine, based on my experiences.

And yes, you can build stuff with two people quite efficiently. Tying up an entire squad of 6 people is undesirable. Besides, you can always ask a defending squad to help out, if they're on the same flag, and not engaged at the moment.

DeathDealer
2007-07-23, 15:20
Sorry I did overreact. I took it as you were trying to corect me I little to much and I did overreact. But I still do think a sqaud is necessary so that you do it fast because your men could get pust back so fast that it might not be finshed. Maybe just four? freinds :15_cheers ???

sorry agen.
DeathDealer

Eddiereyes909
2007-07-23, 20:43
my thing when commanding is getting every squad involved but not telling a SL how to run their squad and usually if you use tactics like ,flanking,falling back,ect. then SL will be more than likely to follow your orders

and dont be afraid to give the "Abbandon Ship" order which is "just don't spawn in"

DeathDealer
2007-07-24, 00:22
Ya that works. I seem to fined trying to take a sqaud from its comander is not the best thing. Ordering sqauds that way works for me to.

TheAmazingYant
2007-07-24, 20:27
How about just having a small squad of Seabees (Construction Battalion) to assist the commander in building assets? A couple of engineers or riflemen would be all that's needed to be effective. Having a dedicated squad would make things more simple and organized, which would lead to assets being deployed quicker and more effectively. When the seabees have down time, they can help defend nearby points.

The idea is that the commander has one squad that he knows will be nearby and have the required kits to build assets.

Cerberus
2007-07-24, 20:44
A couple of engineers or riflemen would be all that's needed to be effective. Having a dedicated squad would make things more simple and organized, which would lead to assets being deployed quicker and more effectively.

The idea is that the commander has one squad that he knows will be nearby and have the required kits to build assets.

QFT.

It's quite rewarding to be part of an engineer squad.

casualtyUR
2007-07-26, 16:36
In the pubs' I've had great to good response to Commander's request from squads/players close by or the dedicated Engineer squads.

As far as the "back up plan", I would like to see all assets available at the last single base.

GJ, PR Team.

BlueSkunk
2007-07-31, 19:46
** edit: bugger. just saw i posted in the wrong thread. honest apologies. can some kind soul please relocate this entry to fuzzheads thread on general cmdr tips? please?? **

- don't talk too much as commander. you do disturb squad chat. keep it short and precise.

- if things get out of hand (i.e. plan doesn't work out) have them fall back and reassemble and restart with a new approach.

- keep sl's in line if you feel your plan is sound and success likely.

- don't be too bitchy if a sl decides to deviate and follow his own objective temporarily. often a sl has a good reason to head off elsewhere. communicate first rather than whipping him back straight away.

- pass on overall strategy to sl's early. if sl's understand what the greater plan is they will more likely follow orders.

- use compass bearings for directions and use markers

- assist sl's as much as possible with spotting enemy movements, calling available supplies, arty etc

- use arty as much as possible (often sl's seem reluctant for some reason). it's free and pisses the enemy off a lot i found :-)

- try and locate enemy rally points as much as possible

- personally i find that as cmdr i have no time whatsoever to drive/fly/walk around. i prefer to hang back and defend the artillery pieces if necessary, rather than having some troopers hang back for too long.

- i'd recommend anyone going for cmdr now and then (voip only, of course). i think it makes for better understanding of problems one encounters as cmdr (you will be more easy on your own cmdr next time you are sl) and you get a nice overview of events, lines of approach/attack/etc which i think helps to understand the value of team play.

- even if you don't feel like leading your sl's around simply spotting enemy targets, rally points, or getting supplies/arty in helps greatly.

just some ideas off my head...