PDA

View Full Version : Release Project Reality v0.6 Released!

2Slick4U
2007-07-17, 08:04
The award winning Project Reality and Black Sand Studios (http://blacksandstudio.com/) teams are proud to announce the official release of Project Reality v0.6.

After thousands of hours of development & testing, thousands of code changes and an open beta where our gaming community helped shape the final stages of the release the Project Reality Dev Team is pleased to announce the general availability of v0.6.

Thanks to several direct link providers there are a number of links available from our files page including a torrent link. You can find all of this here:

https://www.realitymod.com/files.html

NEW FEATURES AND GAME MODES:

-Militia Faction
An evolved and more militaristic civilian militia is introduced into Project Reality on the Assault on Mestia map. This faction is somewhere in between the Conventional Armies and the Insurgency modeled in Project Reality. Expect to see the Militia on more maps in future releases.

-Commander Assets
The Commanders in-game role has been completely overhauled and restructured by introducing 'Commander Assets'. These assets are equipment that the Commander can deploy on the battlefield with the help of engineers and normal soldiers, such as razor wire to restrict access to certain areas. Overall, these new assets provide the Commander with a stronger, more valuable role on the battlefield and allow him to have a dramatic effect on the final outcome of the battle.

-New Spawning Systems
Except for main bases, ALL of the spawning systems in Project Reality v0.6 are controlled by players AND destroyable. Commanders can build bunkers that the entire team can spawn on and these bunkers can be destroyed by bunker busting weapons and other large caliber weaponry.

-Wave Spawning Heavy Assets
Some v0.6 maps introduce a new concept of spawning heavy vehicles as a "wave" of reinforcements. There will be a large supply of vehicles on these maps, but they will spawn in a group and will have *very* long respawn timers (as long as 20 minutes). Teams and players will need to take care of their heavy assets.

-Kit Limiting Updated
Building on top of our 'Kit Limiting' system in the previous release, we have now cut our 'base kits' down to only 4 kits, and made kits like Grenadier and Light-AT limited kits. We have also tweaked our kit limiting system so that you can have only so many limited kits in one squad, meaning that you will no longer see one squad taking up all sniper kits for example.

-Insurgent Civilian Kit
Another new feature for the Insurgent faction is the 'Civilian Kit'. Players who spawn as an Insurgent Civilian are not allowed to be armed with anything more than just a handful of rocks that they can throw at enemy troops. This kit might not seem very useful at first, but there is a twist: Civilians are not allowed to be shot and killed in battle. If you open fire and kill a Civilian, you and your team will receive a multitude of penalties. The other team can however simulate an 'arrest' of Civilians by knifing them. The civilian class is used for scouting, trying to lead the enemy into hidden IED’s, helping Western Forces and more.

-Insurgency Game Mode
In this original PR game mode, the Insurgents have to defend their Ammo Caches. The other team has to try and seek them out and destroy them either by scouting for them, or 'arresting' civilians in an attempt to gain 'intelligence' on the whereabouts of the caches. Gaining certain amounts of arrests or Insurgent kills reward the Western Army with the rough locations of individual caches. The Insurgents will need to fight off the attacking force, where the only way the opposing force can win is to destroy all the ammo caches on the map!

-Massive Battlefields
We are introducing our first 17 square kilometer map with v0.6 called "Kashan Desert". This combined arms map also has a 5km flight ceiling offering almost 85 BILLION cubic meters of battlefield space. And lots of weapon systems to battle across that terrain with!

-Long Range Engagements
We've tweaked and optimized Project Reality and the weapon systems to be effective in engagement ranges at up to 1km. We've done major work with the BF2 engine's rendering system to get vehicles and buildings to draw at these ranges and to get the weapons working as realistically as possible.

http://media.realitymod.com/news/pr06/thumbs/tn_pr06release_militia.jpg (http://media.realitymod.com/news/pr06/pr06release_militia.jpg) http://media.realitymod.com/news/pr06/thumbs/tn_pr06release_civilian.jpg (http://media.realitymod.com/news/pr06/pr06release_civilian.jpg) http://media.realitymod.com/news/pr06/thumbs/tn_pr06release_insurgency.jpg (http://media.realitymod.com/news/pr06/pr06release_insurgency.jpg)

NEW WEAPONS AND VEHICLES:

-MEC G3A3 Assault Rifle
The vanilla BF2’s G3 has been scrapped and replaced with our own sexy model and skin. There are currently two variants of the rifle, the G3A3 “Assault Rifle”, which has a 4x optical sight, and the G3A3 “Iron Sights” variant, which is the standard, non-scoped version of the rifle. A sniper and UGL variant will be seen in a future Project Reality release.

-Chinese QBZ-95 UGL Rifle
The Chinese forces have finally received the last variant to their powerful QBZ rifle series, the UGL variant. The QBZ-95 UGL is equipped with a 4x optical sight and an underlying grenade launcher which can fire both explosive and smoke munitions.

-USMC M40 Sniper Rifle
The US faction has added yet another new weapon to its arsenal, the M40 sniper rifle. This bolt-action, 7.62mm rifle packs a powerful punch with amazing accuracy and is sure to make any Battlefield 2 sniper jump with joy.

-Militia Faction Weaponry
The Militia Faction has been equipped with a wide range of weapons including the SKS carbine rifle, the PPSh-41 and Scorpion SA VZ 61 submachine guns, and the Dragunov SVD sniper rifle. With such a robust arsenal, the militia faction is defiantly a force to be reckoned with.

-British Warrior IFV
The British forces have finally been blessed with the addition of the Warrior IFV (Infantry Fighting Vehicle). This armored vehicle can carry up to 8 soldiers (driver/gunner/ 6 passengers) and is armed with both a 30mm cannon and 7.62mm chain gun.

-British AH-64 Apache Longbow Attack Helicopter
We have continued building on our foundations of the British Armed Forces in the last release and have included the AH-64 Apache Longbow helicopter. This deadly 2 man (pilot/gunner) aircraft is armed with Hydra rockets, Sidewinder anti-air missiles, and a 30mm M230 chain gun.

http://media.realitymod.com/news/pr06/thumbs/tn_pr06release_g3a3.jpg (http://media.realitymod.com/news/pr06/pr06release_g3a3.jpg) http://media.realitymod.com/news/pr06/thumbs/tn_pr06release_qbz95ugl.jpg (http://media.realitymod.com/news/pr06/pr06release_qbz95ugl.jpg) http://media.realitymod.com/news/pr06/thumbs/tn_pr06release_m40.jpg (http://media.realitymod.com/news/pr06/pr06release_m40.jpg)

http://media.realitymod.com/news/pr06/thumbs/tn_pr06release_warrior.jpg (http://media.realitymod.com/news/pr06/pr06release_warrior.jpg) http://media.realitymod.com/news/pr06/thumbs/tn_pr06release_apache.jpg (http://media.realitymod.com/news/pr06/pr06release_apache.jpg)

All of these new game play changes, combined with the addition of new vehicles, weapons, maps, and factions promise players the most realistic gaming experience available for the Battlefield 2 platform. The Project Reality Player Guide (http://guide.realitymod.com/index.php?title=User_Guide) will be continually updated with change logs and other important content over the next week, so keep a close eye on the Project Reality website for updates.

Download it now, plug in your mic, jump into a server, squad up, team up and let the games begin.

Thanks again for your interest and continued support of Project Reality.

-The Project Reality Development Team

THE_BIG_ADDY
2007-07-17, 17:11
WOOOWOO I love it :) !!!

solodude23
2007-07-17, 17:14
OMG ITS RELEASED NOW!!!! :D To bad TBF2 jumped the gun a tad. Oh well. Great release guys, fantastic work.

LekyIRL
2007-07-17, 17:15
finally!!! I had terrible trouble trying to find sites (other then torrent) to download it from, now I just have to sit back and wait...

eggman
2007-07-17, 17:18
nice work Slick :)

Rambo Hunter
2007-07-17, 18:52
Woohoo! nice work devs!

Jonny
2007-07-17, 20:31
Well done devs! I'm sure it'll be great, just have to finish D/Ling it.

301_HysterX
2007-07-17, 20:56
There are many bugs remaining in this version (after 3 open beta :o)

Like the server crashes in desert storm (the map), the flags' bug, the fact that the icons doesnt disappears after ammo dumps got destroyed in basrah in insurgency gamemod...

But great job nonetheless!

oh, and its not 99% noobs free anymore, people should HAVE TO read and accept the manual before installing the game... Too many retards fill up the chat for nothing...

Aljen
2007-07-17, 21:17
Thank you devs and well done!

Gunwing
2007-07-17, 22:18
Thank you devs and well done!

Well I think I may come back to the forums just for this! ROCK ON! I can't wait to own with the SKS, and the Scorpion! The new Type-95 with UGL will rock! I also look forward to owning some British Warriors with an RPG! good job PR devs!

Bullseye
2007-07-18, 00:16
When iS .7 GoiNg to b3 ReleAseD!!!!!!!!111???????????:hissyfit:

Just kidding :-)
Love the mod, Keep up the good work :m1helmet:

echo
2007-07-18, 05:28
Good job!

I can't wait to play it, but I need to get a good computer first.:-x

Nice one dev team, brilliant job lads!

Raynizzle1691
2007-07-18, 05:37
NICE IM SOO EXCITED! Insurgency for HL2 patch came out and now i'm just waiting for the PR .6 patch ;). plz dont tell me i gotta download that huge client file.

GnuRejser
2007-07-18, 06:58
Exellent work you guys!

But i still hate that you die almost directly if you jump out of a vehicle in slow speed... And this civilian thinigie, they can just get a car and go "gta" on the
usm forces. And you cant kill the little bastard, because you get your arse removed from the battlefield and have to wait until the sun rises before you can respawn.

And the maps are awsome!

I miss Mutthra douh...good old mutthra...yeeaa....that would be great..

Keep up the good work!

dbzao
2007-07-18, 07:14
You don't get penalized for shooting civilians inside cars moving towards you. ;)

GnuRejser
2007-07-18, 07:30
dbzao']You don't get penalized for shooting civilians inside cars moving towards you. ;)

Strange, i blowed the car up with my god old rocket thinige, and i was punsihed for civilian kill, Well it maybe was an direct hit on the civ with the rocket? I dunno just bad luck i guess.

But why are you so easly damaged when you jump out the vehicels in low speed?

Don´t wanna complain, but in the heat of fire i dont sit next to the driver and wait for him to park the car nicley to the sidewalk ;)

dbzao
2007-07-18, 07:41
That speed wasn't changed since 0.5. Is the same as always and you just have to get used to it. ;)

solodude23
2007-07-18, 08:24
Hehe. The other day I played BF2142 with my GF. She was like, "Get out of the car here," but I refused multiple times while telling here to stop the car first. :)

GnuRejser
2007-07-18, 08:42
dbzao']That speed wasn't changed since 0.5. Is the same as always and you just have to get used to it. ;)

*Ahaha* well dont i look like an moron? I was so exited when i installed it yesterday, looking for changes and so on. I first tought that the showel was for picking up your own turd when the evil bullets passes right above your head. But i was wrong, you can actually use it for something useful. *yay*

Well i don´t have anything else to say... i guess that i could say:

Keep up the good work! ;) Still loving this game, even if the servers
has to few players for the larger maps =/

And that´s not your fault *hehehe*

Ghost Dog
2007-07-18, 10:34
Just came back from a ten-day holiday... downloading right now :D . I need to check the changelog since RC1, if there is one.

Gaz
2007-07-18, 11:11
bumping thread.

Rick_the_new_guy
2007-07-18, 14:04
Great write up Slick.

I’ll be installing BF2 momentarily, then the mod.

Question?
What is the latest BF2 patch I need to download before downloading the mod?

P.S. Great work by the devs and the community for making this happen. Hope to be following and commanding soon.

I’ll be a squad member for a while seeing how I am reenlisting again. E-4, Petty Officer Third Class (HM-3), here I come. Err… I’ll be playing the Corpsman kit.

Rhino
2007-07-18, 14:06
you need bf2 v1.41 before you install PR v0.6

Opferkind
2007-07-18, 15:12
i love you guys, thanks for all your work!

paco
2007-07-18, 18:59
Ok forget the bear hunting mod, this works too. Also, thanks! This is hands down the best game available. I hope you keep up the no nonsense strict path of forcing people into team play. It really sets the mod apart from the rest.

Ferocious_Imbecile
2007-07-18, 19:43
Do we have to uninstall the old .5 first or can we just install v.6 on top of it and play?

deadmz
2007-07-18, 19:49
PR 6 game for noobs!!!! Brig back PR 4!!!!!

Marcsp01
2007-07-18, 19:54
Thanks for the great job you ve done.Its much better than BF2

rosiema
2007-07-18, 20:08
Thank you very much for all your work and efforts to provide the community with such a great (free) mod and I will do my part and promote your work as much as i can!

Again, great job developers!

kocy
2007-07-18, 20:39
yeah Thanx team my favrioute mod :D

I hope i dont suffer on c2d like i did in the open beta !

Gordon_Dry_[GER]
2007-07-18, 21:39
Both torrents 0.5 and 0.6 running on webseed RootDS right now, got 90 peers and an average 1.2 - 2.3 MB/s.

And - hmm - actually the PoE torrent also got more peers than within the last weeks.

:goodvibes

Rick_the_new_guy
2007-07-19, 03:59
Rhino']you need bf2 v1.41 before you install PR v0.6

Roger that, thanks.

The download went well.

BTW, where is the map feedback forums and such? I thought it would be on the feedback forum.

I just played a couple of rounds in Al Bas and it was great.

some_random_panda
2007-07-19, 12:00
It tells me to install to C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2.

Isn't it meant to go into the mods folder?

bosco_
2007-07-19, 12:18
It does that by itsself.
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2 is fine.

DirtyRat
2007-07-19, 19:06
I'll be downloading tomorrow, good work

Scutter
2007-07-19, 21:08
I am so amazed at the commitment and professionalism of the developers of this MOD, having been an Ex British Regular tank soldier and a part time one now using the existing Challenger 2 training equipment, I cannot believe this mod is not been looked at as a serious training tool compared to the current stuff available now. Man I wish the chaps in Whitehall would just take notice, training could be fun again. And the work you have put in is amazing.

I really look forward to the day the Challenger 2 hits this mod and I know it will be as realistic, hoping the zoom , aiming mark and Thermal Image will one day be available this will top this game for me...

Thanks chaps for keeping the work up and I am sure the gold award will hit your doorstep next time around

Scutter

Jim_UK
2007-07-19, 21:20
Bloody great mod, been playing since 0.5 and never been so immersed into a game.

Thanks delevopment team!

Ghost Dog
2007-07-20, 03:04
I love this mod but I keep getting CTD's every two maps or so on mapload. It always happens at the end of the loading bar when it sais 'loading complete, verifying client data'. This started with 0.6 RC1, had no issues with previous versions.

Any suggestions other than a reinstall? I already cleared the cache folder.

[W2D]BEEJ
2007-07-20, 06:13
only thing i have problem is, is when im gunner in warrior, no driver and someone spawns in drive position and tries to drive forward/reverse... the soddin thing has a nervous breakdown and tries break-dancing :S but what a great release... the warrior is class, and al-basrah and far greater than what i had expected... looks the business :D

Jackal
2007-07-21, 09:48
']Both torrents 0.5 and 0.6 running on webseed RootDS right now, got 90 peers and an average 1.2 - 2.3 MB/s.

And - hmm - actually the PoE torrent also got more peers than within the last weeks.

:goodvibes

Aren't you lucky...I must remember to change ISP as they are killing my torrent downloads.. getting lots of peers and 0kbps download speed. Have to direct download.:-x

UncleRob199
2007-07-21, 15:55
Question!

I've played most of the new maps in 0.6 including al basrah and I've had no sign of any apache helicopter! any clues on what map or where I can find an apache? Or do I have to wait til 0.7?

Kruder
2007-07-21, 17:34
Great job devs,thank you

And new backgorund movie rocks!!!

[W2D]BEEJ
2007-07-21, 20:39
Question!

I've played most of the new maps in 0.6 including al basrah and I've had no sign of any apache helicopter! any clues on what map or where I can find an apache? Or do I have to wait til 0.7?

see the word "search" use it...

i think there will be an incremental patch (not sure when) to fix this... but imo albasrah is great enough as it is...

Brits FTW!

samfink
2007-07-22, 11:03
just downloading it from multiplay, but I can see you DEVs did a good job.

deadmz
2007-07-22, 11:40
PoE 1.7 kick ass Pr 6!!!! Go PoE!!!! :lol:

Ghost Dog
2007-07-22, 14:04
PoE 1.7 kick ass Pr 6!!!! Go PoE!!!! :lol:What are you trying to prove? It 's two different concepts, no point comparing them...

Nixon
2007-07-22, 17:36
Does .6 require the Bf2 1.41 patch? Because I'm too lazy to download the patch.

Rhino
2007-07-22, 17:38
Does .6 require the Bf2 1.41 patch? Because I'm too lazy to download the patch.

yes, PR v0.6 requires BF2 v1.41, if you dont have it you will get a CTD on load and will not be able to join servers if you can load the game.

Nixon
2007-07-22, 17:52
Ok, will I still be able to play Singleplayer?

[W2D]BEEJ
2007-07-23, 14:59
nixon, just download the EA 1.41 BF2 patch, seriously, you dont know what your missing

Serox
2007-07-23, 16:27
Really nice work. I only still have Battlefield 2 because of this Mod.
THANK YOU GUYS!

Rick_the_new_guy
2007-07-25, 01:08
Really nice work. I only still have Battlefield 2 because of this Mod.
THANK YOU GUYS!

I have been playing a fair amount since the 18th.

I am most impressed with the CO set-up. The concept is very well done.

I believe there is huge lag in the player base understanding the variables involved.

The replay value is very high as CO. The same map can be played differntly. Indeed, the SL and SM get a differnt feel each time also.
___

One of the biggest things that i disliked in .5 was how there was little reward for assaulting and securing CPs unless you went all the way (made the enemy start to go on bleed.) With the CO concept in .6 the investment is actually returned if the work is done even if you do not go all the way.

The player base seems to be more mature than in .5, could just be luck.

_

Well done devs and the PR community for all the time and effort.

puzzNboots
2007-07-25, 12:32
read about the patch but unfortunately I was moving and as someone might know the German T-Com was on strike and therefore no internet for about seven weeks :-(

But yesterday I could install the patch and can't await to join this evening. Great work, PR has all the things I missed in BF, like teamplay, fight for two flags instead of lone runners to the one not attended flag in the back, no enemy tags etc.

GREAT!

tdnithro
2007-07-26, 06:01
Just wanted to say THANK YOU for this great mod and fine release. Just started playing it after seeing alot of it on the norwegian site battle.
I am amazed about how fun the BF game gets with a mod like this, it is a totally different game that gives me as a player alot more fun.

doggernaut
2007-07-31, 19:56
I'm new to PR...been playing for a few days now. All I can say is THANK YOU! You guys have done a great job, I have been like a kid in a candy shop since the first round I played. :D

nadav2517
2007-08-03, 23:49
Hi
Im new on this mod and i want to know more about about it

eddie
2007-08-03, 23:50
Guide (http://guide.realitymod.com/index.php?title=User_Guide). Welcome to the forums.

Kovar
2007-08-03, 23:51
Thank you!

[SoH]Agent_KJ
2007-08-05, 12:11
This mod is so nice that i dont play sth else:D
Im playing bf2 since 2006 but there is no teamplay at all...and there are many hackers and glitchers(HATE´EM!!!:camper:)

with this mod U SAVED MY LIFE!

THX guyz U r my HEROS :D

Outlawz7
2007-08-06, 09:00
Welcome to the AA club :p

Chupathingy01
2007-08-14, 08:22
Hey guys, LOVE the sound of this mod!

just wondering, will you be releasing an updater for the previous version? the 1.86Gig download is a bit too big for my 5Gig monthly limit.

Will download it if necessary, but if you'll be releasing just the patch, then i will wait for that.

bosco_
2007-08-14, 08:38
No Patch from 0.5 to 0.6. :)

Chupathingy01
2007-08-14, 08:43
so not gonna happen?

drats! that would be useful. Ah well.

I'm still gonna download it, Sounds WAY too cool to not. Just wondering if i could save some of my downloads.

no worries!

KEEP IT UP GUYS! I LOVE YOUR MOD!

Indecisi0n
2007-08-14, 10:38
Hey guys, LOVE the sound of this mod!

just wondering, will you be releasing an updater for the previous version? the 1.86Gig download is a bit too big for my 5Gig monthly limit.

Will download it if necessary, but if you'll be releasing just the patch, then i will wait for that.

How do you live !

grimreaperal
2007-08-14, 16:09
This is fantastic well done devs its a master peace :-P

El_Vikingo
2007-08-14, 16:29
5 gigs a month? I thought BF2 used 20 gigs a month (for a dedicated gamer).

Chupathingy01
2007-08-15, 12:29
i'm more dedicated to CoD2..... and i dont play non stop... so i guess i'm not really a dedicated gamer......

but i loved the PR mod when i got it. I couldn't wait to download it. I broke the previously 3 Gig limit to download it, then i broke it again every month whilst playing it. so dad upgraded a few Gig... think we've gone to 10 gig a month now though.... :)!

Strider
2007-08-17, 23:23
I cannot wait to try this mod out(And get my hands on that kick-ass looking G3 scoped)
Your dedication to detail does not go unnoticed^^Thank you guys for this awesome Mod!And I agree,it's much better then the regular BF2

happygilly
2007-08-19, 10:33
how can i get server code budds

happygilly
2007-08-19, 17:03
bosco;457739']No Patch from 0.5 to 0.6. :)

how can i get server files:sad:

happygilly
2007-08-19, 17:09
bosco;457739']No Patch from 0.5 to 0.6. :)

hi buds how can i get the server files:sad:

MAINERROR
2007-08-19, 17:20
Just look here (https://www.realitymod.com/forum/t24204.html) ;)

SNIPERxWOLFxGB
2007-08-26, 13:35
is the AH-64 Apche Longbow in the Game?????
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/4453/pr06releaseapachemo3.jpg:?:

GrayeKnight
2007-08-26, 13:37
its on basrah but is bugged atm. (falls through the ground) will be fixed in the future :D

Rhino
2007-08-26, 13:42
dont fall though the ground, when i said it "fell off the map" i ment a old version of the GPO.con over wright the new one so it was reverted back to a old version without the apache by mistake.

SNIPERxWOLFxGB
2007-08-26, 13:42
ok thanks.

fuzzhead
2007-08-27, 16:02
Apache will be on Kashan Desert 32 version.

SNIPERxWOLFxGB
2007-08-27, 22:16
love the Apache! thanks for the heads up.