PDA

View Full Version : WIP Polish Forces Voiceovers

Veres
2007-06-14, 19:41
Hello,

I made a complete list of sound files that needs to be translated
I made in Excel, because is the very best program ;)

:

http://walatch.republika.pl/PFS.xls

Now I need a full list of sounds in text in English, we will translate it to Polish, we will discuss it, we will need to find voice actors, meet up in a studio, record Polish sounds, record filters, mix it up, compress to .ogg and we are ready to take off!

Sounds pretty long dated ... oh well ... we can't help it, can we ?

So, anyone willing to help me listing English sounds to text ?

PS. WIP I guess ;)

Gucio_G
2007-06-16, 21:49
:D had nothing to do...

http://www.filefactory.com/mupc/fa008d/

BTW. I can see that these are only commander speech, for Your information.

Veres
2007-06-16, 22:02
@ Gucio_G : Darn, You are really unlucky, as I just finished uploading updated xls with the very same commands in it. ;)

---------

Just made some organization upgrades to the xls, so we won't get lost within so fast.

Just to make someorder, I'm writing the sounds from BRITISH voices. If You want to help me, do it with writing down BRITISH voices.

Next step I will make with next Commander filter and Squadleader no-filter. If You want to help, start making it from last sheets (Help voices atm is last sheet, if You open xls, You will know what I mean)
Post Your choice here, so we will avoid mistakes like above.

Many thanks Gucio for the effort ! :)

Gucio_G
2007-06-16, 22:07
OK, tomorrow :P
Just to make someorder, I'm writing the sounds from BRITISH voices. If You want to help me, do it with writing down BRITISH voices.
So that's why i was wondering they aren't the same, because i wrote from americans ^^

Next step I will make with next Commander filter and Squadleader no-filter. If You want to help, start making it from last sheets (Help voices atm is last sheet, if You open xls, You will know what I mean)
Post Your choice here, so we will avoid mistakes like above.
napisz mi po polsku bo nie wiem o co ci dokladnie chodzi :P

Uncle Blues
2007-06-16, 22:25
Veresowi chodzi o to, żebyś tłumaczył od ostatniego arkusza, wtedy istnieje najmniejsza prawdopodobieństwo, że będziecie odwalali tę samą robotę.

dlaczego tłumaczymy angielskie dźwięki? Bo amerykańskich jest 2 razy więcej i połowa raczejsię nie przyda jak na przykład "zauważono takczę (sic!) wroga!). :mrgreen:

Gucio_G
2007-06-17, 15:20
Ok, i got grunt sounds with and without filter. See attachment (zipped cause forum doesn't support .xls) - i'll translate later.

Oh, and:
Do you really need help voices? :P that's from in-game instructions

The commands i just can't recognize from what i hear i marked as '(?)', however, i can use same american sounds, cause they are better to understand ^^.

Edit: Ok, Wilco changed, I just didn't know ^^

KP
2007-06-17, 15:24
The "Will go" is actually a "Wilco", short for "Will comply". :wink:

ZaZZo
2007-06-17, 15:30
Enemywbspotted, He is saying "Look at that mate! It's a tin can tank! Hahaaaghhaaaragg!"

Veres
2007-06-17, 15:40
Many thanks Gucio, KP, ZaZZo :)

A lot of voices are hard to understand, so if You can catch such errors and similar ones, just give us a hint, we'll fix it.

I marked few words with (?) and "bla" , those ones I just can't understand or I'm not certain of 'em. So keep us informed :)

@ Gucio_G - I'm finishing commander ones now, I'll make SL (F and NF) next, so please make the help voice if You can, DEV said that better record 'em now, than recording them later in a rush when they will be neeed :)

Gucio_G
2007-06-17, 15:57
aight, already some of them are inside this zip
It should be rather easy, cause help voices have almost the same text as seen in english.utxt, so it's just copy/paste ^^ but there are lots of this messages ^^

Veres
2007-06-17, 16:08
Ok, new .xls is updated (see 1st post).

Commander F/NF - done.
Squadleader F/NF - to do - I'm on it.
Grunt F/NF - done - thanks to Gucio ( done few fixes to it :) )
Help VO - to do - Gucio is on it, right ?

-------------

To anyone with free time and willing to help us, can You check the .xls for :

- (?)
- "bla"

markings and listen to that audio file, then write down what's the missing word ?
Would be very helpful :)

Sounds are done in like 30 % - rest of voices are to write down, need translating it and checking it.

Recording at 0 %

PS. Don't mind my bad english when reading that xls, ain't that good as I wish it would be :oops:

Gucio_G
2007-06-17, 19:53
Just asking - why do we need Help VO voices? They are only for 1st time playing, and when you choose polish installation...

Made about 1/3 of it till now, it's a bit boring xD but doing fine

Veres
2007-06-17, 20:15
Those are VOICE commands, not text ones. Besides better do them, than regret not doing them later :)

I just do full service, bayme later on they may be useful.

Gucio_G
2007-06-18, 18:28
Ok, finished :F

Veres
2007-06-18, 18:58
So .xls is ready to be translated, on which I will work from now on.

Again, thanks to Gucio for helping me out :)

Wish me patience ( no luck needed :) ).

H2HSnake
2007-06-26, 11:04
i hope these polish voice commands will have "balls" :D , i mean some polish language from battleifeld :) not just strictly translation of english.What i mean is don't change the meaning but say it like in RLife. :) so polish players will feel the adrenaline.