PDA

View Full Version : 4,5 hour Battle for QWAI...

theSASTA
2007-04-17, 16:41
OMG...
Just fought like 4,5 hours for Qwai River!
This had nothing to do with skill and accuracy.....this one was for endurance only.
Ask [R-DEV]Alex L, he was with me.
only good side of this: 790 points :P

Mongolian_dude
2007-04-17, 16:59
I love those fights that last a good few hours.
Like having a single firefight in the streets of EJOD that lasted 15 minutes and another on Alfaluja that lasted half an hour!

...mongol...

El_Vikingo
2007-04-17, 17:13
790 points in 4,5 hours?!!

Me 390, in 25mins on inishail forest! :P

This is a bragging thread, right?!

*2Recon*
2007-04-17, 17:23
790 points in 4,5 hours?!!

Me 390, in 25mins on inishail forest! :P

Oh yes..and whoever wins gets a date with a brazilian supermodel. SO YOU CAN TELL HER HOW YOU PWN!!!............................................ ..........................or not.

theSASTA
2007-04-17, 17:26
not really. just had to tell somebody of this fight :P

Wasteland
2007-04-17, 18:21
Anyone remember the 4 hour fight over Fallujah in C4? That was epic. Especially when we hunkered down WWI-style in front of the canyon.

Top_Cat_AxJnAt
2007-04-17, 19:39
PLease o god DO NOT REMIND me off that one.

They were to hell razers, or should i say bordom......Ejod and Fallujah in C4.

I left both after 2 hours, totaly stalemates BOth of em! It was rounds of the extremes, e.g i fired and reloded 15 Saw mags and was partially debf for another 15 and killed no LESS THAN ...........................0 enemies, why.....view distance sht at about 150m and enemies hiding at 200, could not get closer = sum up round, crp!

El_Vikingo
2007-04-17, 20:20
Oh yes..and whoever wins gets a date with a brazilian supermodel. SO YOU CAN TELL HER HOW YOU PWN!!!............................................ ..........................or not.

Don't worry, you've got the A10 whorer's for that.

00SoldierofFortune00
2007-04-17, 23:04
Anyone remember the 4 hour fight over Fallujah in C4? That was epic. Especially when we hunkered down WWI-style in front of the canyon.

Yea, I originally suggested that and what we should do(attrition). I didn't think it would last that long though.

Would of been interesting to see how it would of panned out if RFAD didn't pull back after an hour or 2.

youm0nt
2007-04-18, 01:18
How much people were on the server at that time?

danthemanbuddy
2007-04-18, 01:58
24/7 qwai river by battlefield no.2 is an excellent map.

I have had a couple rounds with LTDUCe where we had around 8 guys. We had to choose either to defend or make an attack knowing that they could flank around us and cap.

Great map for long matches

IronTaxi
2007-04-18, 02:47
thats cool man...i do find qwai is a little frantic with the govt office and the fishing village as a CP group so that will be changed in the next version...

they will be seperated and an additional CP will be added so we will end up with a 1-2-1-1-2-1 type configuration...

anyone ever notice all that unused space in the north east of qwai...well we will be fighting there now...cheers...i cant wait..

lunchbox311
2007-04-18, 07:08
IronTaxi']thats cool man...i do find qwai is a little frantic with the govt office and the fishing village as a CP group so that will be changed in the next version...

they will be seperated and an additional CP will be added so we will end up with a 1-2-1-1-2-1 type configuration...

anyone ever notice all that unused space in the north east of qwai...well we will be fighting there now...cheers...i cant wait..

Sweet!
:D

[PR]AC3421
2007-04-18, 07:53
What about the north west?? Thats all unused too, those rice patties and open fields.

dementt
2007-04-18, 08:52
Irontaxi is lying, I heard that he has copied the mapdesing from Quake 1 and rest of the dev-team have done the work to import it into PR. Yes this is how stupid things there are in my mind now.

Actually, I just wanted to say that the part of Qwai is not unused. Everytime when chinese come to baserape with tanks they get over there to repair.

IronTaxi
2007-04-18, 11:13
good point i did see a chinese team with an APC farming a whole army out of one of the ditches in the northeast... now we will be fighting all the way into the swamp and beyond however...have flyover...there is quite a bit of unused land there

Biggaayal
2007-04-18, 13:10
IronTaxi']thats cool man...i do find qwai is a little frantic with the govt office and the fishing village as a CP group so that will be changed in the next version...

Hmm seems like way too much flags to me. Those spots are ideal for flanking and landing choppers, just planting flags everywhere is not the way to allow for flanking and insertions behind enemy lines. It's not necessary to put flags everywhere to use terrain; it is not unused at all.

Adding flags may ruin one of the best aasv2 maps. Making them all play like ejod would suck very much imo. Out-of-bounds-fights is what I call them since you are always fighting without room to flank.

Splitting office and fishing may be cool though.

BaDbLiTz123
2007-04-18, 13:50
AC3421']What about the north west?? Thats all unused too, those rice patties and open fields.
No the rice field have beenuse it was a crazy firefight thats when i first downloaded pr it was about 2 sections versus 2 sections of tanks and apc :(

[PR]AC3421
2007-04-18, 19:41
Yes, I have had some firefights over there too, when there are 2 good teams defending/attacking estate flag, but even then, its not that often, at all whatsoever.

Teek
2007-04-18, 23:34
Fights over estate are refreshing, I have noticed that there was buildings in the North east.

bunny
2007-04-20, 04:14
wow, I love when that happens and the game ends up being to assault/defend a single position. This reminds me of one time when I was MEC on Karkand. It was infantry only and we were getting pwned the entire time. Eventually we were forced to our last CP, the bridge near the train wreck. The game was only half over and the entire rest of the game became a battle for holding the bridge. Neither team was able to advance, but after about 1.5 hours of spraying, healing, resupplying, and blolwin the hell out of things, we finally emerged victorious...2 tickets to none XD

Wasteland
2007-04-20, 05:29
I remember one time WAC was being all WAC-ish with formations and whatnot, and somehow THEY JUST KEPT FINDING US! We kept having to retreat further and further to the north-east. It was crazy.