PDA

View Full Version : Update PRMM .2 Changes

Paladin-X
2005-08-28, 21:14
As we approach the release of Project Reality Mini-Mod ver.02, we felt it necessary to present to our community a preview of what is to come. PRMM .02 will be but not limited to an update that will address the issues and concerns brought to our attention by you and our testers. PRMM .02 will once again raise the bar for enthralling, realistic game play.

NOTE: This is not a complete or final list of changes. Some changes may not make it to final build.

PRMM .2 Changelist:

Vehicle weapon damage system overhaul (IE most weapons' power will be increased)

Fix server browser button text and server update text (broken from BF2 1.02)
Fix a couple of spelling errors
Fix non-functional rangefinder on LAV and BTR-90
Fix weapon reload sound bug (can hear someone reload from across the map)

Return Ammo/Mag Counters to vehicles
Return crosshairs to mounted and stationary MGs (only when zoomed)
Return crosshairs to APC firing ports
Return nose cam view to attack helo gunners

Tweak handweapon firing sounds to fade a little more over distance
Tweak blood effect to dissipate quicker and fall instead of rise

Increase HEAT splash radius
Increase Grenade Launcher splash radius

Increase Eryx/ATP damage to vehicles
Remove SMG from AT class and return non-silenced pistol
Reduce AT ammo from 6 to 3

Reduce recoil on LMGs
Remove call UAV ability from squad leader/commander commo rose

Add tank reload sounds when switching between Sabot/HEAT
Add HEI/AP rounds for APCs
Add zoom to MBTs/APCs/AAVs

solodude23
2005-08-28, 21:55
Sounds awsome, fixes pretty much all of peoples concerns.

"Tweak blood effect to dissipate quicker and fall instead of rise"
Hehe, damn, my fav part gone. :P

Paladin-X
2005-08-29, 03:41
Feel free to mention things that you think must be fixed in this version. We will try to throw in what we can.

Figisaacnewton
2005-08-29, 03:44
Include awesome HUD made by... whatsisname...

worst 3
2005-08-29, 05:03
Sounds good you fixed a lot of things that were unrealistic. I can’t wait to hear what else you have changed.

But wondering if you changed the medics healing and wether or not people can be killed when shot in the head interested of injured :?:

Great job cant wait to play it :D
when will it be released?

FBX
2005-08-29, 05:49
why remove the smg from AT class? Did you think they were over powered?

Personally I really liked how the mp5 was done in this mod and it would be a shame to remove it. It wasn't overpowered in my opinion because, yes it killed quickly like all the guns in the game, but it really was weak at a distance when going against more accurate weapons.

I can think of a bunch of alternatives to removing the SMG for this class, like lowering their sprinting abilites to where it regains itself a lot slower (right now, heavy soldiers and light soldiers both have equal sprinting abilities).

Fishw0rk
2005-08-29, 06:25
Wow I love ALL the changes. Big thanks to you PR devs for taking our suggestions. I cant wait! Hope more people will be playing this time ;)

FBX I'm pretty sure the MP5 was removed because tank crews don't carry them in real life, not that it was over-powered.

Paladin-X
2005-08-29, 06:34
I loves the MP5 too, but I was advised that the AT class does not carry a rifle/smg. Eddie can probably explain it better, but pretty much the AT guy is supposed to have 1-2 rockets and a sidearm. He should be accompanied by another soldier that has a couple extra rounds and a rifle.

Maybe I can throw it in as the unlock for spec ops or something? I know it's not necessarily realistic, but what about giving it to the medic?

EDIT: I think it may help increase the need for teamwork. You won't have 1 man army AT guys running around. The other soldiers will depend on AT class against armor and the AT guy will depend on others for infantry support. Pairing up AT+Support would be good.

Beckwith
2005-08-29, 06:41
i think sniper should get the MP5, most snipers do carry some sort of Carbine/SMG as well as there rifle even STA platoon guys

StormRavn
2005-08-29, 06:57
i think sniper should get the MP5, most snipers do carry some sort of Carbine/SMG as well as there rifle even STA platoon guys

i cant agree with that statement more!@!.. I enjoy sniping and really love the M95 , however beckwith makes a strong point in real time ops most snipers do carry some sort of rifle/smg on top of there sniping weapon to help deal with aggressors while in route to sniping spots. this game is all about realism so this should be included a additonal rifle/smg/shotgun that we can sling arms and use when nessacary.

however i would really like to see other world rifle models besides the M95 dont get me wrong this is a nice weapon however there is other models just as good like the PSG-1 things like that..

also something that should be added into the sniping kit and assault kit is colored smoke gernades to mark your spot for artilllery and bombing shoots. and also to mark a LZ for incomin troop transports. this is something i really think should be put into play it makes alot of sense and is used by all branches of the military for these reasons

Beckwith
2005-08-29, 07:05
as far as adding other rifles you gotta waite till PR full, mini mods dont add much in the way of new content like weapons or vehicles a mini mod is just a tweak in the coding for the most part

StormRavn
2005-08-29, 07:22
well heck i can wait for the full monty of the mod i am like a eager kid on xmas waitin to bring the fun!!!

toffa_h
2005-08-29, 08:46
I'm glad that this version will soon be out, but there aren't that many changes, unfortunately. When will the full version of PR be out?

eddie
2005-08-29, 11:42
when its ready.
I think this is just what is needed for v.02, it addresses all the issues raised, and the anti-tank having his MP5 taken away to promote teamwork, a thought of excellency.:D
But i too cannot wait for the full Project Reality, oooo, teh brits.

StormRavn
2005-08-29, 12:07
without tryin to rain on the parade i really think thats terrible the removal of the weapon from the AT class and just givin them a pistol and some rockets.
I am a huge player of anti tank in the game and yes i understand the main weapon for the at class is terrible but it gives ya some protection when need be.

I am a total fan of this mod however i have a huge frown. changed a class that is so desperatly needed such as the AT what a couple rockets now and a damm pistol come on . i dont think a lot of people will be playin this class any more .

this is how it will play out if you need a AT rocket to stop a armor just wait for some noob to select that class kill them steal there kit use the rocket then go back to true weapons this class will no longer be player due to the removal of the weapon.

StormRavn
2005-08-29, 12:14
Paladin-X]Feel free to mention things that you think must be fixed in this version. We will try to throw in what we can.

yes dont hate on the AT class i can dig makin the loadout 3 instead of 6 thats groovy but come on gimmie a shotty at least not just a pistol!!!

BrokenArrow
2005-08-29, 14:59
i think that just increasing the mag count on the pistol would be fine. giving the AT only an AT weapon and a pistol completely takes away the option of having lone wolf AT soldiers. it forces more teamwork. protect your AT guy, or you get nailed by armor.

Paladin-X
2005-08-29, 15:01
i think that just increasing the mag count on the pistol would be fine. giving the AT only an AT weapon and a pistol completely takes away the option of having lone wolf AT soldiers. it forces more teamwork. protect your AT guy, or you get nailed by armor.

Precisely my thoughts on this.

StormRavn
2005-08-29, 15:04
Paladin-X]i think that just increasing the mag count on the pistol would be fine. giving the AT only an AT weapon and a pistol completely takes away the option of having lone wolf AT soldiers. it forces more teamwork. protect your AT guy, or you get nailed by armor.

well i can handle more mags gimmie 10 mags a good sidearm like desert eagle 50 cal not the crappy 9 and i will play AT all day long please make this happen!!!

Paladin-X
2005-08-29, 15:18
I forgot to mention it, but I did increase the number of pistol mags for AT class from 2 to 4, but I can increase even higher if necessary.

Black Beret
2005-08-29, 15:19
Paladin-X]i think that just increasing the mag count on the pistol would be fine. giving the AT only an AT weapon and a pistol completely takes away the option of having lone wolf AT soldiers. it forces more teamwork. protect your AT guy, or you get nailed by armor.

well i can handle more mags gimmie 10 mags a good sidearm like desert eagle 50 cal not the crappy 9 and i will play AT all day long please make this happen!!!

Desert Eagle? Not gonna happen. Sorry. :)

BrokenArrow
2005-08-29, 15:20
4 mags should do fine so long as you have a support class nearby, which you should since you only have 3 rockets now

StormRavn
2005-08-29, 15:39
Black .

well i can handle more mags gimmie 10 mags a good sidearm like desert eagle 50 cal not the crappy 9 and i will play AT all day long please make this happen!!![/quote]

Desert Eagle? Not gonna happen. Sorry. :)[/quote]

OH come on well give the AT a better sidearm then the 9 that is such a horrid side arm well give me a 45 at least

BrokenArrow
2005-08-29, 16:00
i believe you will be given what is realistic. either way you should be working in a squad where they will protect you seen as you are an important member of the squad.

StormRavn
2005-08-29, 16:07
thats true unless your in a clan most pubbies dont work well together unfortantly either way i am geeked to try this new version out regardless!!!

requiem
2005-08-29, 16:16
BrokenArrow summed it up, protect your AT man. The AT class is a lot more powerful now, so they can't go around being a rifleman with an AT4 as sidearm, rambo exits, reality enters :)

Figisaacnewton
2005-08-29, 16:41
Agreed, AT guy not having a smg is a good thing.

And... no one should have an mp5... as the marines don't use it... and i don't think the army does either. only people i can think of who use it (in American military) are the navy SEALS, every one else uses m16s,or m4s pretty much...

requiem
2005-08-29, 16:44
You forgot the Commandos sent by the CIA in the movie Predator :D

BrokenArrow
2005-08-29, 16:56
actually fig the MP5-N is used by the marines in a few instances including some units of marine MEUs, ForceRecon, base security and in SWAT teams that the marines maintain.

Siberian
2005-08-29, 17:01
The things I would like the most for this update is the following:

- A health-indicator for yourself, simply because everyone can feel when one is hurt. Being hurt beyond a certain amount could maybe reduce your movement ability, no sprint? Also, a reduction of the speed for vehicles when damaged.

- Removal of the messages "You killed A" and "You were killed by B".

That's it, thank you

Beckwith
2005-08-29, 17:50
give snipers the MP5!!!

Dre
2005-08-29, 17:51
You forgot the Commandos sent by the CIA in the movie Predator :D

Hand carried mini-gun in PRMM .03! Jesse Ventura class!

Figisaacnewton
2005-08-29, 20:18
actually fig the MP5-N is used by the marines in a few instances including some units of marine MEUs, ForceRecon, base security and in SWAT teams that the marines maintain.

didnt know that.

still.... thats not many.

and the existing maps are supposed to be representing normal marine brigades... right? I dunno, its all sorta fudged since its in the future and we dunno what would be totally realistic...

thugnasty
2005-08-29, 20:53
Give the correct velocity for the m203 and gp25/30

They are around 70-76 m/s and get rid of the smoke trail

Also I noticed the gp25 round can penetrate any object/wall at close distances. Its a cool bug though, maybe u could do that to the SABOT round.

crabcakes66
2005-08-30, 03:06
Im hoping the hitpoints/armor on things like helis and apcs has been toned down signifigantly.

A single AT rocket should bring a heli down to 20-25% health or so in my opinion. Not a one hit kill but it would make people think twice about capping in a BH under heavy fire.

The cannons on the apcs are also very weak against helis and aircraft.

Im also hoping rear and side hits from a tank or AT missle on an apc would result in a disable or one hit kill.

One hit from any tank shell should obliterate heli's/planes.

AA in general is very underpowered and with skilled crews/pilots aircraft are a bit to hard to take down.

Fishw0rk
2005-08-31, 01:47
Holy crap Tugnasty brought up another thing that's bothered me about BF2: The tank's main cannon rounds can't penetrate any materials. lol wtf is up with that? Please change it when you devs get a chance.

Also please DON'T add any SMG or rfile to the sniper class. That will make the sniper the uber class no matter what the range. EVERYBODY would be a sniper then.

I do have a question on the changelog though:

What type of radar is being "fixed" for the LAV and BTR-90? They have radar in real life? How will it work in game?

Paladin-X
2005-08-31, 02:02
My head was up in the clouds. I meant rangefinder. Sorry.

Edit:

Fixed error. Radar = Rangefinder.

Figisaacnewton
2005-08-31, 04:25
Do aircraft have radar? Foward looking radar would be nice.

solodude23
2005-08-31, 04:40
Yeah, and same with the AA on the Carrier.

CobraPhantom
2005-08-31, 05:26
Yea I thought it was kind of weird aircraft and such dont have radar. I wouldnt over do it by adding it to helis as well tho...just from the gameplay perspective. Choppers are so easy to fly/operate it would be too easy.

Paladin-X
2005-08-31, 05:33
If radar works the same as BF42, is it really worth adding? (IE Jets picking off snipers)

CobraPhantom
2005-08-31, 05:38
Paladin-X]If radar works the same as BF42, is it really worth adding? (IE Jets picking off snipers)

Hmm, interesting question. I think I'll reply once its figured out if the radar is the same as Bf42. But just a quick opinion, yes it would be worth adding. Flashing back to DC, a sniper could hide with a .50 cal in the mountains and be practically invisible, unless you roll out the Shilka or a jet to find there location. But then again, it really depends on the commanders functions and controls.

HarbingerCMT
2005-08-31, 16:32
Great to hear about the fixes. Can't agree more with stripping the smg from the AT class. I hope that the weapons are made even more lethal and destructive in the next update. That will ensure vehicles and infantry use cover more effectively.

Figisaacnewton
2005-08-31, 18:11
if it works as it did in 42 where it sees everything (and in bfv where it fucking saw TUNNELS) then no its not worth adding, but if it can be configured to only pick up non static vehicles (not pick up gun emplacments) then that would be good.

imagine flares actually showing up on the radar... like in dc (or was it only dcr?)

worst 3
2005-09-02, 03:49
i cant wait much longer ahhh :x

ever day i think it might be out today and people will be one trying it out but then it is not and i become said

what is the E.T.A. i want to try it soo much
can you update the list with maby more things that u have changed :?

CobraPhantom
2005-09-02, 04:01
i cant wait much longer ahhh :x

ever day i think it might be out today and people will be one trying it out but then it is not and i become said

what is the E.T.A. i want to try it soo much
can you update the list with maby more things that u have changed :?

The longer you wait, the better it will be.

BlakeJr
2005-09-02, 04:11
what is the E.T.A.
I believe it is a terrorist organization in Spain...

worst 3
2005-09-02, 04:41
ETA >abbreviation estimated time of arrival. :lol:

BlakeJr
2005-09-02, 13:17
ETA >abbreviation estimated time of arrival. :lol:
I know, but that is not as "funny" if you can use the word "funny" about a terrorist organization, as "estimated time of arrival". :lol:

gnwbumblino
2005-09-07, 16:31
Any progress??? Any dates to look forward to???

Sorry to 'go on'... but vanilla BF2 has lost my attention completely.

I'm playing singleplayer HL2 for christ's sake!!!!!!
- superb game, but not BF1942/DC

Thanks again for your hard work, just hurry up dammit!!!!

:D

Wolfmaster
2005-09-07, 18:36
:lol: again, the devs are working hard, and they'll release it as soon as it's good enough to release.

BlakeJr
2005-09-07, 19:22
...hehehe....
"when it's done"

:P :P :P

CobraPhantom
2005-09-07, 19:31
It will be well worth the wait

Wolfmaster
2005-09-08, 06:13
...hehehe....
"when it's done"

:P :P :P

blake i told you not to say that! :lol: :P

Doedel
2005-09-08, 07:22
All sounds good
BUT PLEASE FTLOG GIVE THE AT GUY 1, YES, 1 MISSILE, NOT 3! Nobody in the world can carry around 3 of those friggen things, unless that's his JOB.. but the guy firing the rocket shouldn't be able to.

(I think as soon as possible you should remove the Eryx/Dragon & replace with AT4 & RPG-7.. and make Eryx/Dragon a pick-up kit!)

Grey-Fox
2005-09-15, 22:08
Sounds good.Can't wait to start playing it.

Sandman_USMC
2005-09-20, 17:19
It sounds like weapons will be more powerful in this new release. Hopefully you won't have to empty 1/2 magazine just to kill someone with a rifle. That's unrealistic.

One area that needs work though is sprinting. Holding the shift key lets you sprint for about 10 seconds or so...which is totally unrealistic. This pace is good for lard ass, twinkie eating couch potatoes. The endurance needs to be kicked up a notch. I tested the Mercenaries mod and it's right on the money for what I would expect a good sprint to be.

Can you fix that too?

Cheers,

Wolfmaster
2005-09-20, 17:36
It sounds like weapons will be more powerful in this new release. Hopefully you won't have to empty 1/2 magazine just to kill someone with a rifle. That's unrealistic.

well that's one thing you will definetely not have to worry about! ;)

Scribble
2005-09-20, 19:36
Would adding radar to the AA vehicles be feasable. Make the sodding radar disk that blocks your view on the Tung do some good :D

freebirdcjb
2005-09-20, 19:45
Maybe giving the vehicles some kind of mode to send out a series of sonar type pings and the air vehicles would show up on the screen? Just a suggestion, trying to think of what game ive seen that on before.

BrokenArrow
2005-09-20, 21:55
wouldnt it be radar type pings? sonar is the sound pickup used by subs right?

BlakeJr
2005-09-21, 03:52
Maybe giving the vehicles some kind of mode to send out a series of sonar type pings and the air vehicles would show up on the screen? Just a suggestion, trying to think of what game ive seen that on before.
Well, ummm... No?
As far as I know the only vehicles that "pings" are the old type icecream trucks.

Only vehicles that have radar in real life will have the ability to scan for aircraft and have them show up on the screen.

As for "pinging", unfortunately there are no subs in this game thus there is no use for a sonar in the game.... yet? ;)

Broken Arrow to answer your question Sonar is used by both subs and surface aircraft as an active means of detection. There are also specialized helicopters and aircrafts, such as the old P3 Orion, that are equipped with sonars.
In the case of aircraft the sonars are put in buoys(sp?) which can be launched from the aircraft. ASW Helos have there sonars on a cable and will lower it into the water where they suspect a submarine to be lurking.

That's very roughly it.

Mr. Pink
2005-09-22, 02:10
i would just like to say....

i have no problem with just a sidearm for AT. Now that PR made pistols actually realistic and kill someone, i have no problem. i wish more classes had pistols because i love using them. if you have a problem with that....well just get better at using a pistol :)

as for whoever said i would rather have a desert eagle..... you better make that one shot hit because thats all you'll get off with the recoil on that thing.

worst 3
2005-09-22, 03:00
LOL he is right the d eagle is a big gun that looks cool in reality it not a very practical gun to use.

radar is always pinging shall we say, but because it is doing that all the time when it is on they don’t call it "pinging" I believe. unlike subs who don’t use there sonar in an active way most of the time. radar is sending out the signal in a pattern rhythm with hit a target bounce back and it repeated. sonar pings are not used because it gives away your position and they only ping if they are willing to give there position away because a sub is all about stealth. radar is can be tracked in the same way but because it finds out speed position in almost real time it needs to be on like that. you could simply shut it off if you do not want to be found but turning on could give away your position, I have never seen a fighter jet so I don’t know if they can lock on to the signal like that but I think they could it would not be difficult for a computer to do the math to find out is trigonometry basically. I could even do the math with the right information I figured it out one what would be need in school and came up with a basic formula but im in school so I did not need it and is forgotten. But it has to do with the time between the original signal set and the time with it comes back the time between is the signals are measured and then multiplied by the time the signal in know to go in a specific amount of time. Then there is trig for finding out the locating in 3d using 2 different places I believe that is how it is done you but u probably know basically what is done from there. and haveing a radar on the AA would be nice as long as it not one tha picks up people and othere objects that would not be normaly seen

JG14_Jagr
2005-09-29, 00:40
Balancing Weapons and Damage is very difficult in this game because the larger weapons.. Helo's, Jets, Tanks, don't have much of the typical threats they would face.. AC are not facing a coordinated air defense network..ad their performance is rediculous when combined with the all seeing radar that most guys fly by. What is the fun in flying around at 300 ft following real time images of every vehicle on the map and dropping a string of bombs that would shred your AC at 1000ft let alone 300 or 150 in some cases. I don't see a need for that radar at all actually..

The man portable AT weapons are another problem.. I saw a Challenger II that took 25 distinct RPG 7 hits and withdrew on its own because one of the last hits took the weapon sight out and it needed to be replaced. Much of the man portable stuff available is not going to take out a main line MBT with 1 hit.. Other MBT's, Helo's, Strike AC will do it..but not typical man portable AT stuff..

Realistically, a front line MBT is really bad news for light infantry.. magic C4 charges are not going to penetrate its armor unless they are complex shaped charges..and even those won't penetrate composites like the M1A2 and the Challenger 2.

The best maps in the game are the ones that have no fast movers.. Even some of the attack choppers get abused quite a bit..but a lot less than the Jets.

Enforcer1975
2005-10-02, 22:09
The man portable AT weapons are another problem.. I saw a Challenger II that took 25 distinct RPG 7 hits and withdrew on its own because one of the last hits took the weapon sight out and it needed to be replaced. Much of the man portable stuff available is not going to take out a main line MBT with 1 hit.. Other MBT's, Helo's, Strike AC will do it..but not typical man portable AT stuff...

Most of the RPGs were chinese made HE warheads, if they had used HEAT, the tanks would face a bigger threat. And not to mention the training those "gunners" had = none. Most didnt have an idea on how to shoot with an RPG launcher. Lots of rockets came to short or to high, not to mention the duds. No high tech at all. And the standard issue RPG isnt really a "anti tank weapon". If they would have had the same equipment like the rebels ( aided by ex russian military members ) in grozny who took out those T80s, it would be a lot more different.

DWM|SgtSwabs
2005-10-03, 14:54
Well radars/sonars dont actually HAVE to "ping" its just there as an instant warning for the guy watching the radar/sonar incase he is sleepy or not watching for whatever reason.
And in 0.2 is the "game shutdown" glitch gonna stop?

BrokenArrow
2005-10-03, 18:45
depends on the sonar youre talking about, passive sonar picks up sound given off by other, in most cases, subs or ships. active sonar works by actually sending out a 'ping' and determining an objects position by the way it comes back to the sender after it bounces off the object.

in the case of radar there is no ping involved, unless you mean the noise made by the warning instruments which tell you youre being painted by an enemy's targeting radar.

I think thats how it works, correct me if im wrong.

DocGJ
2005-10-11, 16:48
Ive got a prob...as aim playing single player.And then out of the air, it crashes to deskop.!! hate it !

Wolfmaster
2005-10-11, 17:09
yeah, it happens. don't know why you are posting this here though... scroll down a bit in the forums and check the help section to see if some of the hints you find there solve it for you. ;)

DocGJ
2005-10-11, 17:47
okey thanks, im new
:???:

BrokenArrow
2005-10-11, 20:48
welcome to the community, dont worry about it.

PHILYBLUNT201
2005-10-12, 00:22
Nice man .. Urrahhh !!!!

Semper Fi

PHILYBLUNT201
2005-10-15, 20:01
Wacka Wacka

PHILYBLUNT201
2005-10-15, 20:01
BLAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Project reality rules !!!!

PHILYBLUNT201
2005-10-15, 20:02
YEs It rules .. WOOOT WOOOOTTT

PHILYBLUNT201
2005-10-15, 20:03
Please Show More Stuff About Marines .. And Marines Force Recons .... And ... And Did U Ever Thought About The Harrier Jet ????!!!!

BlakeJr
2005-10-15, 20:32
Hey, Wolfmaster's got competition! :31_spam:
:lol:

Wolfmaster
2005-10-17, 08:25
get out philyblunt! i'm the master of :31_spam:! :lol: j/k. spam all you like. just don't go over my post count. :p

OAKside
2005-10-17, 15:45
PB, those posts above are top-notch SPAM, great job.
1,375 more of those, to catch up to Wolfmaster, and I would quite
literally throw up all over. And die.

You've earned it, you should be proud!, er ...
[Add PHILYBLUNT201 to your Ignore List] *click* [Submit] *click*

Wolfmaster
2005-10-17, 15:53
too bad we don't have ignore lists on these forums huh OAK? :p

PHILYBLUNT201
2005-10-17, 18:37
get out philyblunt! i'm the master of :31_spam:! :lol: j/k. spam all you like. just don't go over my post count. :p

LMFAO .. Lol man i just wanted to get ma rank in this site up .. ima PFC now .. yay ..

HOWS me spaming ??? hmmm .. pretty dam good .. allright .. gigity gigity ..and now for some smilies:shrk: :25_flamer:gob_icon_ :m1helmet: :drillserg

MAn i really want a realistic sniper class with out a frigin guillie suit ..

Wolfmaster
2005-10-18, 14:05
lol its pretty much top class spam... although i'd like to suggest you make your own thread instead of hijacking this one... or just hop over to the word association thread. always works for me. ;)

BrokenArrow
2005-10-18, 18:39
yeah the word association thread is always good for that

YoJimbO
2005-10-23, 22:22
I've no idea wether it's too late to be introduced into v0.2, or wether you've decided to include it anyway, but;

What about the Fire Mode display? In my opinion it should be bought back because I find it rather annoying when BlakeJr is running at me and I just hold click with the SA80 only to get ONE round out! *panics*

Realistically, too, you'd be able to tell the firemode by where the lever is pointing on the gun, so assuming you haven't already - please return fire mode displays!

Paladin-X
2005-10-24, 00:11
Firemode indicator will be included in .2.

BrokenArrow
2005-10-24, 01:50
i was going to say something but didnt know if i would be overstepping my bounds.

YoJimbO
2005-10-24, 09:15
Paladin-X']Firemode indicator will be included in .2.

I expected that it would've been in anyway, but thought I'd say something 'cause I haven't spotted it being mentioned anywhere else yet.

Great stuff. :15_cheers

OAKside
2005-10-25, 02:27
too bad we don't have ignore lists on these forums huh OAK? :p But we do!
i was going to say something but didnt know if i would be overstepping my bounds. Yeah tell me about it. Firemode indicator! Warn peoples with a *SPOILER* message! :-x

On the subject, I may need work on my ol' sarcasm indicator..

[TW]Fox
2005-10-25, 09:50
how long left, its been weeks and im itching

DWM|SgtSwabs
2005-10-25, 11:53
You know i would love to see the AWP rifle you know the one from Counter suck i cant remember the full name its like L1151A blah blah.

YoJimbO
2005-10-25, 12:11
EDITED, I was wrong... Probably anyway.

You mean that Arctic Warfare Magnum, right? I read that they're going to include it later on;

Eddie Baker']And our model is of an L96A1, since those are the references we provided for the modeler. The L115A1 will come later.

:m1helmet:

Tonedef
2005-10-25, 18:38
Ok I am not going to sift through 10 pages to see if this was brought up but, why did you take away the SMG from the AT?? The reason I ask is because I was watching some thing on the Millitary Channel comprised of all real footage of the war in Iraq and I saw an Anti-Tank person with an M4 no less...and a sidearm.

BrokenArrow
2005-10-25, 18:40
i think its because right now the AT missiles are very powerful and at this point giving them another relatively powerful weapon would be a little much.

Grimm
2005-10-25, 20:22
I thought you guys where adding the littlebird in one of these?

BlakeJr
2005-10-25, 21:04
I thought you guys where adding the littlebird in one of these?

They are and it is. Come thursday you'll be able to fly one yourself. Just download PRMM.02 and fly away to your hearts content. ;)

Grimm
2005-10-26, 00:05
YAY!!! I cant wait.

Artnez
2005-10-26, 01:23
I believe it is a terrorist organization in Spain...

heh heh heh heh heh...

People fail to realise that a pistol in PRMM is not the pea-shooter that it is in BF2. If you have a good aiming ability, you will easily be able to defend yourself at close range.

The AT rounds have increased in power too.. so you shouldn't have to worry about knocking out tanks and LAVs. Once you're done, you can always pick up a new weapon.

The fact that AT soldiers will be less played is a good thing. These guys have a specific job to do and shouldn't do anything else. It's common to see AT class completely ignore tanks and use their AT rockets as grenade launcher that doesn't have an arc.

As far as the "pubby" argument goes... well... that isn't the essense of PR anyhow. The team that plays together will always dominate. If a person cannot catch on to this, it's their loss.. literally.

Adding the SMG to the sniper class is borderline ridiculous. Although sniper weapons exist in BF2, there are no snipers in BF2. As said many many many many times, they are sharpshooters (or 'designated marksman') that travel with a squad and provide recon and supporting fire for medium-long ranges (close range if you're good). Sharpshooters do not carry additional SMGs or carbines.

This changelist is perfect in my opinion... and as long as you fools actually play now, PRMM will be the best thing since sliced bread :]

Artnez
2005-10-26, 01:30
I've no idea wether it's too late to be introduced into v0.2, or wether you've decided to include it anyway, but;

What about the Fire Mode display? In my opinion it should be bought back because I find it rather annoying when BlakeJr is running at me and I just hold click with the SA80 only to get ONE round out! *panics*

Realistically, too, you'd be able to tell the firemode by where the lever is pointing on the gun, so assuming you haven't already - please return fire mode displays!

Blake will probably miss anyway :-P :-P

In all seriousness, if someone is running at you and you have to look down at your rifle to check what firing mode you are on, you are dead anyway.

This is just something (I think) you should get used to. It'll take a little time, but eventually you will. I'm already used to it. Every time I change my firing mode I make a mental note and it sort of sticks.

I recommend that things such as this shouldn't be changed because people should get used to new things. Remembering your firing mode is not hard, it just takes mental practice. That means if someone jumps in on their first day of PRMM they won't hold weight against someone who is a veteran -- who already molded his thought process to playing PRMM :-)

Artnez
2005-10-26, 01:46
The man portable AT weapons are another problem.. I saw a Challenger II that took 25 distinct RPG 7 hits and withdrew on its own because one of the last hits took the weapon sight out and it needed to be replaced. Much of the man portable stuff available is not going to take out a main line MBT with 1 hit.. Other MBT's, Helo's, Strike AC will do it..but not typical man portable AT stuff..

I have no idea where you get your information. The latest man portable AT weapons are a huge threat to MBTs when they are in proper condition and used correctly.

Also, the RPG-7 was developed in 1961 and its design was initially based on its popular predesesors, the Panzerfaust and the Bazooka. The latest and greatest MBTs are built specifically to withstand hits from the RPG-7.

In PRMM, you are not fighting as the Iraqi resistance that buy RPG-7s for $10 at their local quicki mart.

The Eryx, on the other hand, which is used by the MEC does a "wee" bit more than the RPG-7 :-P

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/eryx/
http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/row/eryx.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ERYX

BlakeJr
2005-10-26, 03:51
Blake will probably miss anyway :-P :-P*

In all seriousness, if someone is running at you and you have to look down at your rifle to check what firing mode you are on, you are dead anyway.

This is just something (I think) you should get used to. It'll take a little time, but eventually you will. I'm already used to it. Every time I change my firing mode I make a mental note and it sort of sticks.

I recommend that things such as this shouldn't be changed because people should get used to new things. Remembering your firing mode is not hard, it just takes mental practice. That means if someone jumps in on their first day of PRMM they won't hold weight against someone who is a veteran -- who already molded his thought process to playing PRMM :-)

* Ain't that the sad truth... :(

As for the firemode indicator it's there... In real life it's very easy to check the setting of the selector. You only have to touch it really to know what mode you're in. Can't do that in a game so the indicator is back in as a compromise.

darkthunder
2005-10-26, 11:59
Any new vehicles or content?

Wolfmaster
2005-10-26, 15:05
well, the littlebird of course...

Tonedef
2005-10-26, 22:25
Is the LB actually new or just a replacement??

BrokenArrow
2005-10-26, 22:34
how do you mean?

YoJimbO
2005-10-26, 22:54
Is the LB actually new or just a replacement??

At the moment it's going to replace some of the Black Hawk spawns I believe, because adding a new spawn to each map would make the download huge...

However upon release of the FULL Project Reality, it's going to be an additional spawn, or so I've read. :)

At least I THINK that's what you were asking...

Tonedef
2005-10-27, 16:08
Exactly what I was asking! Thanks :)

DWM|SgtSwabs
2005-10-28, 10:29
Wait a minute so 0.2 is not the thing with all the new models then?

DWM|SgtSwabs
2005-10-28, 10:30
is the little bird only in maps that had helos in the first place? because i just play Oman on SP and no new vehicles or anything where there??

Wolfmaster
2005-10-28, 11:23
the littlebird is only on maps as a replacement of other air vehicles. so not on single player maps unfortunately. (yet)

ArchEnemy
2005-10-28, 11:53
If you got some BF2 mapping experience you can put it in SP like the AI has been scripted. In PR it will be on SP, like all the other vehicles we're going to include.