PDA

View Full Version : PR:BF2 v1.4.5.0 Changelog

Mineral
2017-02-12, 16:42
http://i.imgur.com/Vot0C7Z.png

This small update provides additional fixes and changes to improve the game since the PR:BF2 v1.4 launch.

v1.4.5.0 is available now for servers and will soon be available to clients through the automated updater.

PR:BF2 v1.4.5.0 Changelog (2017/February/12)
-----------------------

GENERAL:
Added option in PR Launcher settings to disable LOD switching for static objects. Experimental to test performance impact.
Updated Clear Server Favorites/History on Launch now also clears server logo cache.
Added new WHOT/BHOT switching for thermals in vehicles and weapons featuring this.
Fixed asset overview not correctly showing decimal spawn times.
Fixed commander laser marker not working.
Fixed snow effects showing HOT on thermal.
Fixed various weapons and vehicles not having proper muzzle flashes on night layers.

PYTHON:
Fixed being able to get more than one rally point.
Fixed being able to spawn on disabled outposts.
Fixed commander CAS marker.
Fixed ban_info.log not showing banning admin.

VEHICLES:
Updated and optimized Lynx helicopter model.
Updated M2A2 Bradley gunner HUD to be less pixelated.
Updated coax MG of many vehicles to represent ammo per belt and total carried more realistically.
Fixed doorgunners clipping through sides of CH-146 helicopter.
Fixed VN-3 being too strongly armored.
Fixed MTLB 7.62 gun not overheating.
Fixed Mirage IIIEA R.530 MRAAM not having lock-on tone.
Fixed British FV101 Scorpion having green tracers.
Fixed ammo counter not working on multiple weapons.
Fixed CAS huey miniguns not having overheat HUD bar.
Fixed AMX10RC having odd sound issues at full speed.

KITS:
Updated MEC AR by removing undeployed mode for MG3.
Updated spawnmenu kits for taliban by replacing grenadier with rifleman AP.
Fixed not being able to request Argentinian alternative sniper.

WEAPONS:
Updated M16A2 model and DMR variant animations.
Fixed various deviation indicators not working correctly.
Fixed ammo indicator and counter not working on multiple weapons.

STATICS:
Fixed various occlusion and collision issues on statics.

COOP:
Fixed AI not being able to rotate on ZiS-3.
Fixed players being able to use AI-only vehicles.

LEVELS:

Asad Khal

AAS32: Updated tickets to 600 vs 600.

Assault on Grozny

AAS64: Added 1x 50.Techie for militia
AAS32: Replaced 1x 50.Techie with T-62 for militia.
AAS16: Replaced 1x 50.Techie with 1x BRDM for militia.
INS64: Removed 1x 50.Techie and 1x SPG techie for militia. Reduced militia tickets by 1. Replaced 2x MTLB with 1x BMP-2(atgm) and 1x Trans truck for Russia.

Bamyan

Extended airstrip.
Updated overgrowth to improve performance.
Increased viewdistance to 1km.
AAS32: Made Zu-23-2 truck respawn (10 minutes). Lowered US tickets by 100 to 750.
AAS64: Exchanged Boragh for BTR-80, T-72M for T-72S1 and MTLB HMG for BTR-60.
INS64: Removed 50cal and SPG-9 technical and added transport helicopter to US forces. Lowered caches to 4.

Beirut

Skirmish64: Added new skirmish layout with light vehicles.
COOP: Fixed various issues.

Burning Sands

AAS: Introducing new flag layouts with altered assets.

Gaza

AAS/INS: Removed Hamas forward spawns,flags and nonrespawning civi cars.
AAS32: Added alternative layer with MEC vs IDF scoped.
AAS64:Removed IDF tank spawn delay. Increased tickets to 700.
INS32: Added alternative layer with scoped IDF.
COOP16: Added new coop layer.

Goose Green

AAS: Added 50 more tickets to British Forces on all layers.

Iron Ridge

Added additional entrance to the pumpstation.
AAS: Adjusted radius and location of multiple flags.
AAS64: Removed helicopter of Russian Forces and exchanged SPG technical for additional BMP-1.

Jabal

AAS32: Fixed spawnpoint on MEC base not working. Made ZPU-4 not respawn once destroyed.

Kashan Desert

AAS32: Removed TT-72S1 that spawned at start of round.

Kozelsk

Disabled UAV.

Nuijamaa

AAS: Increased ticket bleed on all layers.
AAS32: Added ticket bleed.
AAS64: Removed French rallypoint at border control flag.

Operation Archer

INS: Made DOD around blufor mainbase smaller. Removed caches spawning in the middle of fields and the castle. Helicopters can now fly outside the map.
INS32: Now uses USMC instead of Canadian Forces.

Operation Barracuda

AAS: Introducing new flag layouts with altered assets.

Operation Marlin

AAS: removed checkpoint flag from all routes.

Silent Eagle

Moved jet-resupply points to be in front of hangars. Removed them from the end of the runway.
Moved jet spawns to be in front of hanger to avoid current and future collision issues.
Extended one runway for both teams in their airbases slightly.
AAS64: Adjusted German airbase DOD. Made german airbase capped from start with vehicles spawned. Paradrops remain for infantry. Adjusted radius of multiple flags.

Ulyanovsk

AAS32: Exchanged SPG-9 technical for BMP-1.
Fixed map border combat area not working.

Yamalia

Marked helipads. Removed ZiS-3 cannons.
AAS: Removed flags closest to main bases, added ticket bleed and expanded DOD.
AAS64: Changed Russian heavy assets to T-72, T-90 and two BMP-2 with ATGM.
AAS32: US Army vs Russian Forces. Featuring M2A2 Bradley and Stryker vs BMP-2,BMP-3 and BTR-80.
CNC: CNC layers mirror AAS assets.

FFG
2017-02-12, 16:58
Hey, Thats pretty good.

Ahrah_alSham
2017-02-12, 17:02
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/310/244/e77.jpg

X-Alt
2017-02-12, 17:08
"Updated MEC AR by removing undeployed mode for MG3."

Time to go back to the 200rd M249.

doop-de-doo
2017-02-12, 17:14
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/310/244/e77.jpg

To the top!

Bastiannn
2017-02-12, 17:20
You can download it as of now.

PatrickLA_CA
2017-02-12, 17:44
What are the advantages of turning LOD switching off?

Raklodder
2017-02-12, 17:50
Fixed commander laser marker not working.
I know one commander who will be pleased.

Aleon
2017-02-12, 17:52

Wat. This is weirdly specific.

operativac
2017-02-12, 17:53
About the LOD switch, which LOD will be used now?

And can we expect performance improvements?

Filamu
2017-02-12, 17:56
No undeployed on the MG3 just means it's no reason to use the AR over the MG kit... Kind of a weird change that just removes choice from which kit to use. Probably won't change that much in regards to gameplay.
Other than that, always cool with a new patch.

Suchar
2017-02-12, 18:02
I hope Bamyan will become playable.

Mats391
2017-02-12, 18:07
About the LOD switch, which LOD will be used now?

And can we expect performance improvements?

LOD0 on every static object. It might increase performance, but will also increase use of graphics memory.

No undeployed on the MG3 just means it's no reason to use the AR over the MG kit... Kind of a weird change that just removes choice from which kit to use. Probably won't change that much in regards to gameplay.
Other than that, always cool with a new patch.

The MG3 was the only MMG that had an undeployed mode. Even other factions that use MMG on the AR kit do not have it (M60, DP28). There also still is reason to pick it, mostly that it only requires 4 players, available from spawn and unlimited in team.

Frontliner
2017-02-12, 18:11
Can the MG3 get at least 100 rounds next patch? It burns through the ammo far too quickly.

_MB_
2017-02-12, 18:14
Hello, can I just ask, how is it going on with the drivable ship for Falklands? That's what I was looking forward the most in 1.4 and still nothing :roll:

john...
2017-02-12, 18:18
stop lowering cache total for those individuals who decide to ghost it makes it to hard for tk'd caches and alike also they have a-10 c'mon

Filamu
2017-02-12, 18:30
Mats391;2157264']The MG3 was the only MMG that had an undeployed mode. Even other factions that use MMG on the AR kit do not have it (M60, DP28). There also still is reason to pick it, mostly that it only requires 4 players, available from spawn and unlimited in team.

I get the consistency, but it is still a little sad. All those reasons are just reasons why you might have to make due with the AR, not reasons to choose to use it. It makes it a little more annoying to be mec AR since you want to find a crate and request every time you spawn.

Mineral
2017-02-12, 18:30
Updated PR Map Gallery (https://www.realitymod.com/mapgallery/) for v1.4.5.0

MOSES!
2017-02-12, 18:32
good job devs

Iceman11
2017-02-12, 18:33
Great idea to remove undeployed mode real milsim bravo

chrisweb89
2017-02-12, 18:43
Mineral;2157269']Updated PR Map Gallery (https://www.realitymod.com/mapgallery/) for v1.4.5.0

Not sure if you noticed, but only the maps have been updated, not the written assets beside it.

Mineral
2017-02-12, 18:49
Not sure if you noticed, but only the maps have been updated, not the written assets beside it.

yes they have. If you see any particular map that you think is wrong let me know.

R.Reiter
2017-02-12, 18:54

WHY>?????

b2G-lh-GL6s

bahiakof
2017-02-12, 18:56
Laser of commander unstable:
- laser disappears before the mark (laser 48s - mark 80s).
- Sometimes it appears only the mark without the laser.
- Sometimes the mark and the laser do not appear.

xantis
2017-02-12, 18:57
Great!!

DogACTUAL
2017-02-12, 19:05
Nice update! Can someone explain the LOD change better? Will enabling it load the highest detail LODs for every distance?

chrisweb89
2017-02-12, 19:35
Mineral;2157275']yes they have. If you see any particular map that you think is wrong let me know.

Yamalia was the one I looked to right away and hasn't been updated.

shake.v2
2017-02-12, 20:04
excited!!

Mineral
2017-02-12, 20:10
Yamalia was the one I looked to right away and hasn't been updated.

well it has for me :) If you mean the tournament one, that one I have no control over and Senshi will have to update that one.
http://tournament.realitymod.com/mapviewer/

Rabbit
2017-02-12, 20:32
Finally, good fps.

Geronimo
2017-02-12, 20:34
Updated MEC AR by removing undeployed mode for MG3.Nope, denied.

Outlawz7
2017-02-12, 20:52

Clear browser cache

Refreshyourcache.com - The Guide to Clear your Browser Cache! (http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/home/)

ctbear1996
2017-02-12, 21:22
Why remove mg3 undeployed mode...................
https://youtu.be/bTwkM7gpx5E?t=6m24s

CaptMiller
2017-02-12, 21:26
to remove the Taliban 50cal and spg was not the best solution, it damages realism

PatrickLA_CA
2017-02-12, 22:05
Please, anyone confirm improvements with LOD switching set to off. I'm unable to play in the next couple of days.

RaNa-xXx1
2017-02-12, 22:12
Nice work guys keep it up
Please update Fallujah West AAS32 & INS32 Add alternative layer with MEC vs US If it this possible

Thanks for New update

FFG
2017-02-12, 22:53
Nice work guys keep it up
Please update Fallujah West AAS32: Added alternative layer with MEC vs US If it this possible

Thanks for New update

wat....

CAS_ual_TY
2017-02-12, 23:12
Kashan Desert
AAS32: Removed TT-72S1 that spawned at start of round.
Doesnt that make the layer unbalanced? Completely?
1 delayed tank + 2 atgm vs 1 delayed tank + 2 apcs (not even thermals)

FFG
2017-02-12, 23:34
Doesnt that make the layer unbalanced? Completely?
1 delayed tank + 2 atgm vs 1 delayed tank + 2 apcs (not even thermals)

Its because the BMP2m's are busy fighting the Canadians my dude.

CAS_ual_TY
2017-02-13, 00:00
Well, now they are busy fighting the bradleys. And the bradleys are busy fighting the bmps. You should atleast give the mec side 1 more atgm bmp.

LiamBai
2017-02-13, 00:03
Laser of commander unstable:
- laser disappears before the mark (laser 48s - mark 80s).
- Sometimes it appears only the mark without the laser.
- Sometimes the mark and the laser do not appear.
This is how it was before if I'm not mistaken. There's a cooldown on the laze, and the marker lasts the length of the cooldown.

RREDesigns
2017-02-13, 00:15
Mineral;2157244']

COOP:

This sucks too much. :x

Rabbit
2017-02-13, 00:16
Please, anyone confirm improvements with LOD switching set to off. I'm unable to play in the next couple of days.

It does for me at least on urban map, also have 4 gigs of vram.

FFG
2017-02-13, 00:21
LiamBai;2157316']This is how it was before if I'm not mistaken. There's a cooldown on the laze, and the marker lasts the length of the cooldown.

Marker lasts the duration of the laze, not the cooldown.

Yrkidding
2017-02-13, 01:40
Lots of good changes, but why are we getting rid of 2 Canadian layers? We have plenty of US only maps between the USMC and US Army (not to mention the sheer amount of times all of us have played as the US), why get rid of Canadian vehicle variation and add even more US layers? Could we at least add Canada to some alternate layers of US maps as well then?

EDIT: Canada now has a grand total of 6 layers of variation compared to around 34 layers of US variation for US spread through their maps. (also added 2 infront of Canadian layers)

FFG
2017-02-13, 01:50
Lots of good changes, but why are we getting rid of Canadian layers? We have plenty of US only maps between the USMC and US Army (not to mention the sheer amount of times all of us have played as the US), why get rid of Canadian vehicle variation and add even more US layers? Could we at least add Canada to some alternate layers of US maps as well then?

The only layer that US replace Canada is on INS32 on archer, INS64 is still Canadian. Most maps with USMC/USARMY on them have a layer with Canada on it if it makes sense.

Reamz
2017-02-13, 02:16
Thanks for all you do devs. Will we be seeing an updated US Army faction with M4A1's at any point?

Yrkidding
2017-02-13, 02:25
The only layer that US replace Canada is on INS32 on archer, INS64 is still Canadian. Most maps with USMC/USARMY on them have a layer with Canada on it if it makes sense.

Also replacing a Yamalia ALT layer with the US, getting rid of the Canadian APC layer. My point is that we have plenty variations on US equipment and vehicles on maps and really relatively few Canadian variations and layers. Also I mean there's pretty few places the US would go that it wouldn't make sense for Canada to go in a world war situation, no? I can understand the amphibious assault maps but why not Khami? Karbala?

Fallujah was a U.S. fight but if we're adding the U.S. to Operation Archer that was a big Canadian only operation then why not add a Canada layer to Fallujah?

FFG
2017-02-13, 02:31
Also replacing a Yamalia ALT layer with the US, getting rid of the Canadian APC layer. My point is that we have plenty variations on US equipment and vehicles on maps and really relatively few Canadian variations and layers. Also I mean there's pretty few places the US would go that it wouldn't make sense for Canada to go in a world war situation, no? I can understand the amphibious assault maps but why not Khami? Karbala?

Fallujah was a U.S. fight but if we're adding the U.S. to Operation Archer that was a big Canadian only operation then why not add a Canada layer to Fallujah?

Yeah Im all for more factions on maps. Large layers need to make a return. I think the biggest issue is actually creating the layers and stuff.

camo
2017-02-13, 03:07

Operation archer was the name of the overall contribution by Canada to the war in Afghanistan wasn't it? Just like Herrick, Slipper, Enduring freedom etc etc.
If it was an actual Canadian only battle i could understand but it's just a fictional map (with an admittedly quite stupid name) set in Kandahar, which doesn't really exclude us from putting a US faction on it.

Yrkidding
2017-02-13, 03:16
Correct in the sense that Operation Archer was the name for the Canadian contribution in Afghanistan and Kandahar was the Canadian area of operation. I still don't really think the U.S. infantry would be involved, no?

zloyrash
2017-02-13, 03:22
Beirut

Skirmish64: Added new skirmish layout with light vehicles.

Hell yeah! 8) Thx!
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f196-pr-highlights/140769-beirut-map-update-2.html#post2120077

solidfire93
2017-02-13, 05:32
Great with the MG3 update, it will reduce lone wolfing with that Beast....but still.

i think all deployed AR's should be and only deployed and used on prone... srsly who can put bipod in the Air and shoot 100% full accuracy with no recoil ! anyway still good update and makes it more "realistic"

btw what is that LOD thingy, does it give more FPS ? or make Graphics and maps look better ?

also a question for those who have GPU's with 1GB VRAM, does that mean those guys will have FPS issues... ?

anyway great work and keep it up...

Jonesick
2017-02-13, 08:16

There were absolutely no reason to do this. Coop armour was a great way to have fun slaughtering bots. Now its useless.

Frontliner
2017-02-13, 08:27
i think all deployed AR's should be and only deployed and used on prone... srsly who can put bipod in the Air and shoot 100% full accuracy with no recoil ! anyway still good update and makes it more "realistic"

A prone only deployed mode can be found in FH2 and it sucks.

Unlike FH2 PR does have alot of buildings and surfaces you'd be able to rest your weapon on "realistically", windows, crates, you name it, but the game can't detect these the way a modern engine is able to, and even if it could, I doubt it would be able to react to these. So the silly airbourne bipod deployment is the best possible workaround available.

PS: 5.56mm LMGs that are resting on a bipod don't have a lot of kick to them.

bahiakof
2017-02-13, 09:31
LiamBai;2157316']This is how it was before if I'm not mistaken. There's a cooldown on the laze, and the marker lasts the length of the cooldown.

Yes, but I thought that this instability would be corrected :sad:

Rezza
2017-02-13, 09:56
Great to see more updates. It's very vital to keeping PR active and alive. Thanks a lot to the all the devs and contributers!

MOSES!
2017-02-13, 10:11
archer would be find without the mortars though

QuickLoad
2017-02-13, 11:30
but if there's no boragh for bamyan, where will we see it?

solidfire93
2017-02-13, 11:33
A prone only deployed mode can be found in FH2 and it sucks.

Unlike FH2 PR does have alot of buildings and surfaces you'd be able to rest your weapon on "realistically", windows, crates, you name it, but the game can't detect these the way a modern engine is able to

well there not much we can say about it since it's an Old Engine but still im not against the air bipod, u know it's just an opinion on how "Realistic" the AR gonna be in PR....

and still can be fired from hip so ya...

Yrkidding
2017-02-13, 11:44
but if there's no boragh for bamyan, where will we see it?

The Boragh is still on Muttrah.

QuickLoad
2017-02-13, 11:51
The Boragh is still on Muttrah.

ah.

also, what were the thoughts behind this?
Goose Green
AAS: Added 50 more tickets to British Forces on all layers.

as far as I saw, british have an advantage with their helicopter.(choctaw vs huey)

Heavy Death
2017-02-13, 14:39
Wat. This is weirdly specific.

No it is not. It's a machinegun and really the last one that needed this change.

Petar97
2017-02-13, 16:16
So many stupid updates
1: MEC AR (WTF?? this is most unnecessary of all updates )
2: Fixed players being able to use AI-only vehicles. (no more purpose of playing this)
3. Bamyan INS64: Removed 50cal and SPG-9 technical and added transport helicopter to US forces. Lowered caches to 4.
4. Operation Archer: INS32: Now uses USMC instead of Canadian Forces. (we have so many USMC layers)
5.Kashan Desert AAS32: Removed TT-72S1 that spawned at start of round.

for rest good job :D

P.S sorry for bad english :D

Ason
2017-02-13, 16:45
For some reason the changes on Grozny didn't make it on the list..

Assault on Grozny:
AAS64
Added 1x SPG Techie for militia.

AAS32
Replaced 1x 50.Techie with T-62 for militia.

AAS16
Replaced 1x 50.Techie with 1x BRDM for militia.

Ins64
Removed 1x 50.Techie and 1x SPG techie for militia
Removed 1 Ticket for militia
Replaced 2x MTLB with 1x BMP-2(atgm) and 1x Trans truck for Russia.

FFG
2017-02-13, 17:52
Ason could you remove the tree at the end of the runway on Bamyan, Priceline still cant land on it.

Mats391
2017-02-13, 17:57
http://i.imgur.com/R0OkBaI.png

PatrickLA_CA
2017-02-13, 22:09
I don't know what you did to Bamyan but I had no more than 25 fps before, now it's solid 60. Great stuff!

viirusiiseli
2017-02-13, 22:20

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p480x480/16640541_798121806993270_6726218646848888286_n.jpg ?oh=7de1ad4f1993c2c0b5b9eae9cd0c6c11&oe=59440433

john...
2017-02-14, 03:29
i want more kills :cry:

Can the MG3 get at least 100 rounds next patch? It burns through the ammo far too quickly.

john...
2017-02-14, 03:44
youre confused man they changed the fact that you couldnt use certain vehicles now you can ;)

There were absolutely no reason to do this. Coop armour was a great way to have fun slaughtering bots. Now its useless.

FFG
2017-02-14, 07:05
Nothing in the patchnotes about the BMP1 getting a rate of fire increase.

Mineral
2017-02-14, 07:13
You mean coax? Nothing else changed on bmp1 AFAIK

Jonesick
2017-02-14, 12:28
youre confused man they changed the fact that you couldnt use certain vehicles now you can ;)

No my friend, all vehicles where you were able to drive and shoot alone now give you black screen with "YOU CANNOT OPERATE THIS VEHICLE POSITION" message. Its sad, cause I used to create a local coop server with max bots on the opposite side and then tried to survive incoming waves of bots in a tank or apc.

Bastiannn
2017-02-14, 14:01
No my friend, all vehicles where you were able to drive and shoot alone now give you black screen with "YOU CANNOT OPERATE THIS VEHICLE POSITION" message. Its sad, cause I used to create a local coop server with max bots on the opposite side and then tried to survive incoming waves of bots in a tank or apc.

Isn't that easily fixable with 2 or 3 rcon commands?

Outlawz7
2017-02-14, 15:33
Isn't that easily fixable with 2 or 3 rcon commands?

No and we're reevaluating that change.

LimitJK
2017-02-14, 15:51
hmmm a lot of SPG techies disappeared this patch, might be a little too much?

Rotblut
2017-02-17, 09:57
WHY>?????

b2G-lh-GL6s

LMFAO he handles the MG like a jackhammer

Btw. Dev's good job:D like always.

inb4banned
2017-02-17, 12:24
Burning ALT is horrible now, MG3 update was completely unnecessary + further negatively impacts balance, changing tickets is not balancing, it's admitting you're incapable of doing it so you try changing outcome of the round instead. Reserved slots?

FFG
2017-02-20, 07:59
No patch note saying M60 removed from mill

Jonesick
2017-02-20, 15:25
No patch note saying M60 removed from mill

True that, yesterday I was disappointed when I couldn't grab my favourite m60 to slaughter enemies on Grozny INS, got to use the old boring PKM instead.

angryPiG_RUS
2017-02-24, 12:02
More Vietnamese maps when?
http://i.imgur.com/kutYLea.gif

Michael Z Freeman
2017-03-01, 17:09
Just when I thought I was losing touch with reality 8). Everything checks out OK. Is the LOD setting for LOD on textures or LOD on models, or both ?

Not sure what your're trying to achieve with "AI only vehicles". With a soldier in a tank (for example) that was not in your squad I would get a black screen and "has to be same squad" message, but it was easy enough to boot them out and not really that much of a hassle in coop/sp to be honest. Would be a real shame to lose some vehicles in this way unless there's some greater plan in play ?

EDIT: Does anyone else have issue with Squad selection menu not showing after turning on "No LOD's" ? Only the menu camera view is visible but the actual menu never appears although I can hear some menu selection sounds. Using the PR starter util to clear the shader cache fixes it.