PDA

View Full Version : Release Project Reality Mini-Mod 0.1

requiem
2005-07-08, 21:34
http://realitymod.com/images/PRMM_loadscreen510.jpg

Project Reality Mini-Mod 0.1 has been released!
We are very happy to announce that PRMM 0.1 has been released to hosts. We would like to thank the community and our testing team for all their help! Download links:

- DOWNLOAD HERE (https://www.realitymod.com/index.php?page=files)-

Please find the full release notes here: Project Reality : Battlefield 2 Mod (https://www.realitymod.com/index.php?page=release_prmm)

Tactical Advantage
2005-07-08, 21:43
Sounds Great!!! Cant wait to play :D

Beckwith
2005-07-08, 21:51
nice :D

Dre
2005-07-08, 21:52
:D x 100

Napalmas
2005-07-08, 22:01
Awesome. I haven't played bf2 in a while just because of how ridiculous the weapon damage is. Nice Job PR.

Psycho_Sam
2005-07-08, 22:05
Yahoo

Tactical Advantage
2005-07-08, 22:11
Now one question remains, who well get it first and play, actually it'll be kinda funny im sure, for the most part, everyone playing it will be from this forum, so we'll all kinda know each other 8) But really, who will rain victourious*cough*me*cough*

Dougar
2005-07-08, 22:12
The standout features are as follows:

- Kill & Hit Indicator removed
- Weapons Damage increased
- Reticles removed
- Parachutes removed
- Adjusted Physics of Vehicles and Characters
.... full Changelog will be released shortly before PRMM.

Furthermore, we will have this mod hosted on our Project Reality Public Server, powered by www.gameservers.net (http://www.gameservers.net) . It will accomodate 32 players and will require you to have the PRMM files installed.

In the meantime, feel free to join our community as well as observe all our work in progress renders. Registered users will also be notified of all updates as soon as they happen.

Community: http://realitymod.com/forum/index.php[/size]

not to be mean or anything but dosent the server info allow you to turn off the hit indicator?
and why would you want to remove the parachute?
the physics and damage changes look good though

david_green
2005-07-08, 22:21

- Reticles removed
- Parachutes removed

----------------

just to let you guys know I 've made a mini mod for bf2 that adjusts weapons damage/accuracy and some other stuff, and I'm willing to help if you guys need any assistance . However, the issue you will face is the game does md5 check on server_objects.zip . I tried several md5 checksum softwares but none of them gave me the same md5 as the one stored in archives.md5 . another solution is removing the md5 check from the server , but in that case people with other mods can also join the server, and since some features are client side , some players can make mods to have an advantage comapred to other players. I'd be happy to talk to you guys more about it .

Dre
2005-07-08, 22:22
not to be mean or anything but dosent the server info allow you to turn off the hit indicator?
No idea, but that's a small part of what we offer.

In reality, no soldier carrying a full pack and a weapon is going to base jump from the top of a crane. It's a matter of realism. Only pilots and perhaps airborne units would have 'chutes.

requiem
2005-07-08, 22:28
the physics and damage changes look good though

The emphasis was more on the Kill Indicator, where there is no display of deaths. So for example your teammate behind you could get sniped from a mile away and you may not even notice...

SuperChicken
2005-07-08, 22:35
Thank You so much PR. I look forward to taking out my disk and playing some BF2 again!

Qla
2005-07-08, 23:12
Sounds really awesome and i can't wait to get my hands on this one. I just wanted to ask you that will you make weapons more accurate? You can't hit anything with the support weapons as they are now in Bf2. Their feared because those guns are accurate even to long ranges, not because they spray bullets everywhere.

keef_haggerd
2005-07-08, 23:29
thank you sooooo much, i thought PR was going to hold out on a minimod, but this is such a great surprise, i cant wait, im SO pumped for it =D

BrokenArrow
2005-07-08, 23:43
requiem in regard to the lack of kill indicator (good idea) would the mini map still be there for reference? if not will there be louder dying sounds if the placement of the kill shot permits (ie screams if hit in an area such as stomach or even chest?)

sounds great, i cant wait to get some PR trigger time.

Dez
2005-07-09, 00:32
Sweet 8)

solodude23
2005-07-09, 01:36
OMFG this is awsome. I rarely play BF2 now (either because it pisses me off or its buggy) but I will play all I can once this mini-mod comes out. THANK YOU.
requiem in regard to the lack of kill indicator (good idea) would the mini map still be there for reference? if not will there be louder dying sounds if the placement of the kill shot permits (ie screams if hit in an area such as stomach or even chest?)

I agree. Now even if your sound is up a bit you might not even know that a guy a few feet away from you has been hit/killed. It would be crazy, you and your squad are just moving up, no enemies to be seen or heard and all the sudden, "AHHHHHH, MEDIC!! MEDIC!!"

Tactical Advantage
2005-07-09, 03:17
Just outta curiosity, this wasnt mentioned, but will you also be removing the team identification tags, like when you aim at a guy, his name shows up in red or blue, hopefully you will. Imagine trying to figure who's who in the middle of a firefight... It would call for teamwork and communication to prevent friendly fire accidents. It would also change sniping alot, because at longer ranges, it's next to impossible to figure out who's who, would add a totally new dimension to the game, plus no more accidental find, ive been caught crawling through brush because of the name tags...

Also, will PR be taking out 3rd person in vehicles, because in 3rd person you can spot someone trying to C4 your vehicle, and when your SPEC OPS, it kinda takes the fun outta it.

solodude23
2005-07-09, 03:40
Just outta curiosity, this wasnt mentioned, but will you also be removing the team identification tags, like when you aim at a guy, his name shows up in red or blue, hopefully you will. Imagine trying to figure who's who in the middle of a firefight... It would call for teamwork and communication to prevent friendly fire accidents. It would also change sniping alot, because at longer ranges, it's next to impossible to figure out who's who, would add a totally new dimension to the game, plus no more accidental find, ive been caught crawling through brush because of the name tags...

Also, will PR be taking out 3rd person in vehicles, because in 3rd person you can spot someone trying to C4 your vehicle, and when your SPEC OPS, it kinda takes the fun outta it.

Yeah if its not hard I would like that as well, but make it like DCR. If you have not played, the tags only show up when your like 0-3 feet away from the person. That way you canl still identify who is who on you team/squad near you. Otherwise it would be hard to know where your squad is exactly at times.

Michael M.
2005-07-09, 06:05
You can't hit anything with the support weapons as they are now in Bf2.

Untrue - try lying down, scoped. You'll hit SOMETHING. Just today I mowed down about 10 bots on Strike at Karkand in one clip (it was a 32-player mod).

The reality mod is sounding really neat, but just a question - if you're removing the aiming crosshairs, how are we meant to hit anything? My BF2 computer's internet isn't working, so I'm stuck with bots for the time being, but if the bots have computer-generated aiming skills, and I don't have a crosshair, am I at the disadvantage? Or is it meant to encourage scoped kills?

Also, I might suggest tweaking grenade throwing. I find it hard to throw long distances, even when holding down the mouse button (or am I doing something wrong?).

Black Beret
2005-07-09, 07:07
The reality mod is sounding really neat, but just a question - if you're removing the aiming crosshairs, how are we meant to hit anything?

Use your weapon's optic or iron sights. :)

Bleak
2005-07-09, 12:22
Brilliant!!!

Let me know if you need any help testing :D

Over an out

Gizmo
2005-07-09, 12:57
Damn I hope they get rid of the stupid 'if I hit you with a bazooka at point blank range, I won't die but you will' effect.

And I hope the SA80 is given more punch because it is a very weak gun in this game.

Figisaacnewton
2005-07-09, 14:51
This is very good. One thing: are weapon's accuracies being adjusted in regard to the spread vs recoil thing? As it is now, there is too much spread and too little recoil, and this is all compounded whin in iron sights mode, as the bullets do not go where your gun is aiming, which is very frustrating and urealistic.

JS.Fortnight.A
2005-07-09, 16:11
Yes this has been taken into account, and adjusted.

ir0nside
2005-07-09, 16:34
http://realitymod.com/images/PRMM_loadscreen.jpg

The Dev team at Project Reality has decided to release a Mini-Mod which will be entitled PRMM (Project Reality Mini-Mod). This will bring a significant amount of changes to the current in-game systems. In the purpose of releasing this mod as soon as possible, we are planning the first release of PRMM towards the end of this month, if not earlier.

- Reticles removed
- Parachutes removed

Furthermore, we will have this mod hosted on our Project Reality Public Server, powered by www.gameservers.net (http://www.gameservers.net) . It will accomodate 32 players and will require you to have the PRMM files installed.

In the meantime, feel free to join our community as well as observe all our work in progress renders. Registered users will also be notified of all updates as soon as they happen.

Community: http://realitymod.com/forum/index.php

This is everything I could have asked for in a mini-mod, and more. I would have been content with just damage/accuracy changes, but this is wonderous. No kill and hit indicators? That is .. astoundingly good. You see artillery in the distance - you can only hope that friendlies were not caught in that, as you hit the dirt from lethal incoming fire (rather than just sprint to cover with near fearlessness).

Le' sigh! A good one.

Tactical Advantage
2005-07-09, 16:54
You can't hit anything with the support weapons as they are now in Bf2.

Untrue - try lying down, scoped. You'll hit SOMETHING. Just today I mowed down about 10 bots on Strike at Karkand in one clip (it was a 32-player mod).

The reality mod is sounding really neat, but just a question - if you're removing the aiming crosshairs, how are we meant to hit anything? My BF2 computer's internet isn't working, so I'm stuck with bots for the time being, but if the bots have computer-generated aiming skills, and I don't have a crosshair, am I at the disadvantage? Or is it meant to encourage scoped kills?

Also, I might suggest tweaking grenade throwing. I find it hard to throw long distances, even when holding down the mouse button (or am I doing something wrong?).

Iron sights is where it's at, think about it, when on the news do you see Marines firing from their hip, they always have the weapon shouldered... By doing this, it encourages more realistic play and teamwork, and less run and gun style play.

Michael M.
2005-07-09, 20:37
But what about firing a grenade launcher, or shotgun? Right clicking will only zoom you in by a tiny amount (without any kind of aiming sight), and it's just as hard as unzoomed. Will you be doing something about this?

Tactical Advantage
2005-07-09, 20:41
I know Requim just stated they have plans for the M203 sights on the Grenade Launcher post, but im sure they will also be adding iron sights to the shotgun, also, could we get some descent sights on the current BF2 pistol, it's like a round dome on the top, no sights.

NYC
2005-07-09, 21:10
I dont think i've ever played a mini mod, so what is it like. Is it like a demo where its just a glimpse if the game? Or is it more? Do we play PR on the BF2 maps?

Paladin-X
2005-07-09, 21:14
A mini-mod mostly contains minor modifications and tweaks to the game. It's still the same thing as playing a mod, it's just a small mod. Their first release is just to give us some realism to BF2 until they're ready to add the rest of the stuff they have planned for the mod.

NYC
2005-07-09, 21:30
So its the same maps from BF2? Are we gonna still have helis and stuff?

Paladin-X
2005-07-09, 21:42
The maps will be the same for now. EA/DICE still have yet to release their modding tools so that mappers can make new maps.

I'm sure all the vehicles that were in BF2 will still be in PR's first release, only they'll be tweaked a bit.

NYC
2005-07-10, 01:11
This looks like THE greates mod ever created. Are we still gonna have American stuff in it like M1A1's and Cobras and stuff? Also it says towards the end of the month or sooner, does that mean it could be as early as the 20?

Ugly Duck
2005-07-10, 01:15
Now one question remains, who well get it first and play, actually it'll be kinda funny im sure, for the most part, everyone playing it will be from this forum, so we'll all kinda know each other 8) But really, who will rain victourious*cough*me*cough*

/note to self, knife tactical

CHIKEN
2005-07-10, 01:17
Woo. I must say i am looking forwards to this. I was quite unhappy about how even the very first shot whilst in prone seems to have the same tendancy to go off target as the third or forth. I'm looking forward to using an accurate and powerful pkm 8)

Tactical Advantage
2005-07-10, 01:58

Actually, If I were you, I'd probably go with the shock paddles, lol. But thats just me.

BrokenArrow
2005-07-10, 02:10
couple questions:

Will the Brits be in the minimod?
and as for onlineplay, is there any shot at ranked servers? or is EA still holding on to those for dear life?

Ugly Duck
2005-07-10, 02:16

Actually, If I were you, I'd probably go with the shock paddles, lol. But thats just me.

I don't play medic though, I stick to SF or Assault.

Can't wait for the mini-mod though, gunna be great being able to play without being mowed down by the ever persistant bunny hopping super strafing ub3r l33t d00ds.

TaZ
2005-07-10, 02:18
I know Requim just stated they have plans for the M203 sights on the Grenade Launcher post, but im sure they will also be adding iron sights to the shotgun, also, could we get some descent sights on the current BF2 pistol, it's like a round dome on the top, no sights.

I find no problems with the pistol, i USUALLY use the silencer in order to take down guys when i don't wanna b found. And i've become rather accurate with it even at very long ranges(i've used it to snipe a sniper b4), but hey, it might even make my accuracy even better :wink:

Btw, getting a pistol to the back beats shock paddles!

PaveRogue
2005-07-10, 04:16
Great job guys - can't wait to download! :D

Dr.Spangle
2005-07-10, 04:17
I should mention something important here:

It's possible to get PRMM to run on the BF2 demo if you haven't got BF2 yet. You might be hard pressed to find anyone running it in multiplayer, but you can certainly enjoy the singleplayer Project Reality experience with your BF2 demo until you can get the full version.

BrokenArrow
2005-07-10, 04:20
you guys think of everything!

pladin about your comment on the vehicles, how sure of that are you, and if thats true will the man portable weapons be a difference? or is this strictly a gameplay change?

BTW a gameplay change is still a vast improvement and i would be just as happy. -just so i dont sound like too much of a greedy bastard. :D

keef_haggerd
2005-07-10, 04:29
i find it better ot make shots with my pistol then my MP5, but yeah, id also like to see the sights on the pistol changed a little.

and id like to see grenades fixed, make them so they dont bounce, maybe roll a little?

man im SO pumped for the PRMM! =D

BrokenArrow
2005-07-10, 04:55
id like to see the MP5 actually be accurate, its not the little crappy pea shooter bf2 makes it out to be, people wouldnt use it if it was.

solodude23
2005-07-10, 05:46
couple questions:
Will the Brits be in the minimod?
and as for onlineplay, is there any shot at ranked servers? or is EA still holding on to those for dear life?
What will be in the mini-mod is in the first post. All thats in this is minor tweaks to things currently in BF2. No Brits.
Dr.Spangle]I should mention something important here:
It's possible to get PRMM to run on the BF2 demo if you haven't got BF2 yet. You might be hard pressed to find anyone running it in multiplayer, but you can certainly enjoy the singleplayer Project Reality experience with your BF2 demo until you can get the full version.
Actually, there is still quite a few of servers. Many 62, 32, and 16 player servers. (I checked right before I deleted it the other day)
id like to see the MP5 actually be accurate, its not the little crappy pea shooter bf2 makes it out to be, people wouldnt use it if it was.
Agreed. Now I would almost rather have a pistol.

Wolfmaster
2005-07-10, 14:35
wwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ooooooooooooooooootttttttttttttttttttt :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

snipurs
2005-07-10, 16:13
yay no more bailing out

solodude23
2005-07-10, 16:15
wwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ooooooooooooooooootttttttttttttttttttt :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

wohot? lol

Figisaacnewton
2005-07-10, 20:54
It's hard to balance a modern AT class without class limits, because realistically they are just a guy with an m16 or m4 and an AT4 instead of extra ammo or whatnot.

One question: Are grenades (both thrown and launched) going to be tweaked to actually behave like grenades, not M80s? Currently, you have to be at least 7 feet away from one to die, which is not correct...You can easily be killed by a nade from about 30 feet away.

Rahabib
2005-07-11, 16:06
Are the point values going to be adjusted? IE Spec Ops getting points for blowing up stuff.

Also, I really hate the fact you can repair vehicles while driving. I think they should be forced to get out of the vehicle. Same with Medics and Support.

Also, I would also like to see revives at half health, longer to heal people, longer to repair vehicles, but more points for those who do so - maybe 2 points. This would be more realistic but also cut down on those who use them for quick points - but reward those who do thier job. Thats my opinion.

BrokenArrow
2005-07-11, 16:41
i dont think that the point values will be switched for the mini mod but i bet they will be in the actualy mod.

Sgt. Snake
2005-07-12, 04:07
Maybe I am just not seeing it, but I can't find where to download the Mini Mod you are talking about.. am I missing something... sorry for being so stupid, must have killed to many brain cells at this weekends NASCAR race..

Cheers..

BrokenArrow
2005-07-12, 04:11
haha unfortunately for all of us it hasnt been realeased as of yet, i think the devs are shooting for around the end of this month.

so dont worry you arent missing anything :D

Eddie Baker
2005-07-12, 04:25
It's hard to balance a modern AT class without class limits, because realistically they are just a guy with an m16 or m4 and an AT4 instead of extra ammo or whatnot.

This is not correct. An M136 (AT4) is not the weapon of a dedicated anti-armor specialist; they are single shot, disposable weapons designed to give infantry squads without attached or organic recoilless/ATGM support a last ditch chance against an armored threat by firing several of them in volleys. A few riflemen in each squad will carry one of them in addition to their primary weapon with normal basic load.

A dedicated USMC Anti-Tank Assaultman carries a reusable recoilless launcher (SMAW) or ATGM launcher (Javelin) and a sidearm and relies on his assistant gunner (armed with a rifle with normal basic load) and any elements to which he is attached (such as a rifle squad) to carry additional ammunition, assist in reloading and provide local defense.

BrokenArrow
2005-07-12, 04:33
youre a machine eddie

Figisaacnewton
2005-07-12, 04:35
ok, sorry for being not tottaly correct, i wasnt thinking about javelins and infantry whose sole purpose was the destruction of tanks.

whats the sidearm? a beretta?

BrokenArrow
2005-07-12, 04:41
for the marines id think it would either be the beretta m9 or possibly the MEU(SOC) pistol which the marines created off of the M1911 Colt .45, but the MEU(SOC) is only given to marine recon units, so probably the bereta.

Eddie Baker
2005-07-12, 18:07
ok, sorry for being not tottaly correct, i wasnt thinking about javelins and infantry whose sole purpose was the destruction of tanks.

whats the sidearm? a beretta?

No apology necessary.:)

Yes, the M9 is the normal sidearm issued. The MEU(SOC) Pistol is issued to Marine Recon units (Battalion Recon, Force Recon and Direct Action Platoons), usually as a backup for CQB/Direct Action missions. The Marine detachment to SOCOM has brought in a custom M1911 made by Kimber called the ICQB Pistol (Interim Close Quarters Battle) to supplement and eventually replace the MEU(SOC) Pistol, which will be 20 years old next year, until something better comes around or is produced by the Precision Weapons Team at Quantico.

BadKarma
2005-07-13, 10:22
Hi, sounds great, but i would also appreciate some fixes with the jumping!
This bunnyhopping is something that really kills a game for me!
Yesterday i had the chance to play on a German modified server, these guys implemented a "supply line" mod and reduces the jumping height.
Was great, because bunnyhopping was almost gone!

Munchies
2005-07-14, 11:19
- Reticles removed
- Parachutes removed

Reticles ingame represent hand-eye coordination of a real life soldier, IRL a trained soldier can fire from the hip with relative accuracy for close range (~30m) and the reticles represent that, and also represent the current accuracy you have, things you can feel when using the gun itself but cannot be simulated in a game without reticles, they shouldnt be removed.

Hit indicator (i'm talking about the one you get when being shot), again represent things you would feel irl (being shot.. :p ) you could tell where did the bullet hitting you came from, if you're talking about the x you get when hitting someone then its ok, thats unrealistic.

3FJ_Werner
2005-07-14, 12:13
nvm

solodude23
2005-07-14, 15:44
Reticles ingame represent hand-eye coordination of a real life soldier, IRL a trained soldier can fire from the hip with relative accuracy for close range (~30m) and the reticles represent that, and also represent the current accuracy you have, things you can feel when using the gun itself but cannot be simulated in a game without reticles, they shouldnt be removed.
By no way are they trained to use it up to 30m. Its more around 30-40ft. If you used it anywhere above that in real life would be a waste of ammo and putting your life more at risk. What represents that "coordination" in-game is the middle of the screen, which works perfect at any time I don't use my sights (which is normally 20m or less for me). The crosshair represents this coordination by way too much.
Hit indicator (i'm talking about the one you get when being shot), again represent things you would feel irl (being shot.. :p ) you could tell where did the bullet hitting you came from, if you're talking about the x you get when hitting someone then its ok, thats unrealistic.
Its only hit indicator as in when you hit someone else. (IE shoot a foot soldier with your rifle or a tank with your tank.

Figisaacnewton
2005-07-14, 22:15
My question about the nades still remains... in the minimod, are grenades (both thrown and launched) going to be tweaked to actually behave like grenades, not M80s? Currently, you have to be at least 7 feet away from one to die, which is not correct...You can easily be killed by a nade from about 30 feet away.

=|BC|=Kevin
2005-07-14, 23:40
I got a question.............with the new expansion coming out for BF2 will some of its features be included with a patch or something? I mean things like the grappling hook and rope; and night maps?

BrokenArrow
2005-07-15, 00:47
for the sake of realism im sure grenades will act more like grenades instead of m80s

NYC
2005-07-15, 03:10
Make the dam grendades roll! In BF2 right when it hit the ground it would stop. And mabye make them roll in a random direction because there not a perfect circle.

KaiserPanda
2005-07-15, 20:20
M67 Frag Grenade causes almost a guaranteed kill up to 5 meters, and %50 casualties up to 15 meters. That is quite a large area. :shock:

So, will the range that you can hit things with a rifle be increased? I'm tired of Battlefield 2: Napoleonics. :x

Will the tank weapons be increased from rotten-fruit-tossers? Also, the overpressure the Abram's main cannon creates when it fires can be deadly to unprotected troops up to 200m in front of it in a 90 degree arc from the barrel. Seeing a little bit of that overpressure danger from tanks would be interesting. :)

Wolfmaster
2005-07-16, 03:43
Battlefield 2: Napoleonics
:twisted: good one :wink:

NYC
2005-07-17, 02:55
OMG the release is getting so close. Towards the end of the month or earlier could be a week...Right?

Figisaacnewton
2005-07-17, 04:22
Kaiser Panda, I think that is actually fairly easy to do:

Along with shooting the shell, when you left click, you also fire and invisible set of very weak explosions to represent the danger area, you get in the danger area, you get knocked over (critically wounded)

...........................* * * * * * *
------\..............* * * * * * * * *
Tank |===== * * * * * * * * * *
------/..............* * * * * * * * *
..........................* * * * * * *

*'s = small, invisible explsions (very weak in actual explosive power, but strong in amount of damage they can do to you)

.'s = spacers for image

Something like that

This could also be done for AT rockets, have a small, visible explosion at the back that will kill people.

Tactical Advantage
2005-07-17, 23:41
Dont know if this has been answered yet, but in the Mini-Mod will the M95 be capable of disabling vehicles???

Ugly Duck
2005-07-17, 23:54

In-game all you would have to do is put the enemy in the middle of your screen and click. After a bit of practice it's probably just as easy, if not easier, than this "sense" of where the gun is pointed. If you think it'll be bad with full auto weapons, try playing RO. No crosshairs... and that's with bolt action rifles!

Apache
2005-07-18, 01:19
Kaiser Panda, I think that is actually fairly easy to do:

Along with shooting the shell, when you left click, you also fire and invisible set of very weak explosions to represent the danger area, you get in the danger area, you get knocked over (critically wounded)

...........................* * * * * * *
------\..............* * * * * * * * *
Tank |===== * * * * * * * * * *
------/..............* * * * * * * * *
..........................* * * * * * *

*'s = small, invisible explsions (very weak in actual explosive power, but strong in amount of damage they can do to you)

.'s = spacers for image

Something like that

This could also be done for AT rockets, have a small, visible explosion at the back that will kill people.

There is a big problem with that though. You would get TKs when idiots stand too close to your tank. Anyone making that mistake shouldn't have the power to punish you, nor should your score be held responsible.

Also a suggestion- Can you up the range for most sounds? This way we could really get a fog of war thing going! Imagine if you could hear small arms fire from 1-2 flags away on karkand! That would be one noisy intense battle.

KaiserPanda
2005-07-18, 03:05
Well, it is a "reality mod," so punishing people for doing stupid things that would kill you in real life would make sense. :D

Apache
2005-07-18, 05:38
Well, it is a "reality mod," so punishing people for doing stupid things that would kill you in real life would make sense. :D

No I meant the tanker should not be punished. People should learn to keep there distance, I don't think the tanker should have to check for people if he has the chance to get the first shot on another tank.

Figisaacnewton
2005-07-18, 06:25
I don't think it should count as a tk at all, just be another sort of (was killed) thing, with no one really responsible.

TAW_Doedel
2005-07-18, 09:13
This is my personal opinion but... I think a rifle shot (5.56mm, 7.62mm etc) and pistol (9mm standard) should kill anyone in no more than 2 shots.. and, of course, 1 shot to the head. The .50's should outright kill in 1 shot, even if it hits you in the toe (wouldn't that blow your foot apart anyway? you might as well be dead limping around with nothing past the ankle..)

According to a friend of mine who was in the US Army and was an Abrams crewman (everything from gunner, loader, radio, driver, Commander) something like the Eryx should take out an M1 in one shot anywhere.. perhaps two, just for the sake of not completely eradicating tanks' usefulness (in the future I'd like to see the ATGM kit removed and replaced with perhaps RPG-7/SMAW?).. also give the AT Kit a single missile! Make him need to get ammo after every shot!

Ugly Duck
2005-07-18, 12:35
According to a friend of mine who was in the US Army and was an Abrams crewman (everything from gunner, loader, radio, driver, Commander) something like the Eryx should take out an M1 in one shot anywhere.. perhaps two, just for the sake of not completely eradicating tanks' usefulness (in the future I'd like to see the ATGM kit removed and replaced with perhaps RPG-7/SMAW?).. also give the AT Kit a single missile! Make him need to get ammo after every shot!

In real life a single tank shell would do the same thing(modern one, at least). If this was done tanks would become huge death traps. I think a better option(won't be possible without MDK) will be more specific locational DMG. This will enable you to kill a tank in 1 hit if you can hit it in a sweet spot like on top(tanks should avoid cities) or maybe in the rear(exhaust grate).

waffenbaum
2005-07-18, 13:57
Or even below. I'm not entirely off when I say that manually triggered mines and bombs are a pretty huge threat for tanks nowadays, right? As well as the tracks still being fairly vulnerable to RPG's.

Figisaacnewton
2005-07-18, 14:49
Just to note, its been 10 days...

3FJ_Werner
2005-07-18, 17:20
Keep your pants on ;P, they're testing it and they have a new gametype gpm_do. :}

CobraPhantom
2005-07-18, 18:02
The more time we get, the better we test it, therefore the better it will be, of course. But you wont be dissapointed :)

NYC
2005-07-19, 00:04
I predict it will be out July 23rd. Yes, jesus told me that last night, after I had a couple of beers.

kano
2005-07-19, 14:24
great work guys cant wait.

keef_haggerd
2005-07-19, 19:53
since its getting closer to the end of hte month is there a solid date for the release of the minimod?

BlakeJr
2005-07-19, 20:18
I predict it will be out July 23rd. Yes, jesus told me that last night, after I had a couple of beers.
I don't believe in Jesus. So, no, it won't be out on the 23rd.

(Don't quote me on that! I could be mistaken... :P )

waffenbaum
2005-07-19, 20:33
The 23th you say?
I suppose you're willing to bet on that?

If not, Ladbrokes.co.uk probably is. :lol:

(WID)

TAW_Doedel
2005-07-20, 15:50
Quick comment; I hope it is planned to stop BF2's annoying habit of completely taking out friendly infantry when they so much as brush the front of your tank while you're moving at 1km/h.

Figisaacnewton
2005-07-20, 16:09
x2

Figisaacnewton
2005-07-20, 16:11
x2

waffenbaum
2005-07-20, 16:24
Wouldn't that make it x4?

Ugly Duck
2005-07-20, 16:26
Not sure if that's even possible. You'd probably need an SDK, or at least an MDK to change that as it seems to be part of the new BF2 physics engine. I must agree though, it's a real pain in the ass.

Super Six Three
2005-07-20, 21:09
http://realitymod.com/images/PRMM_loadscreen.jpg

The Dev team at Project Reality has decided to release a Mini-Mod which will be entitled PRMM (Project Reality Mini-Mod). This will bring a significant amount of changes to the current in-game systems. In the purpose of releasing this mod as soon as possible, we are planning the first release of PRMM towards the end of this month, if not earlier.

- Reticles removed
- Parachutes removed

Community: http://realitymod.com/forum/index.php

Remember there is 2 ways to get down without para,land or fastroping (if u added it)

Figisaacnewton
2005-07-21, 06:01
it is possible to code fastroping into BF2. there i said it. stone me if im wrong, but if they can do it in the expansion (expansion is basically a mod you pay for, and is never updated), then its possible in the engine, and with enough python code hacking, you can do it. i am convinced now that it will be in PR, probly not PRMM, but definetely in PR at some point.

waffenbaum
2005-07-21, 06:24
I am getting fast fed up with fastroping here. I doubt there's a thread where it isn't mentioned.

CobraPhantom
2005-07-21, 06:56
IRT waffen Same here

IRT to Fig But to make you feel better, im sure it will be availible to mods when the MDT is released ( and everyone can scan through the code) or when BF2:SF comes out, they can probably alter the code off that.
I seen the screens of when DC tried it for BF42, looked like it worked but it was obviously too buggy. Point said, if they can do that a few years ago, it can be done now, one way or another.

solodude23
2005-07-21, 15:18
DICE said to begin with that fastroping will be possible for mods, although they are taking it out from Vanilla BF2.

Btw Cobra I thought in BF1942 it was just the ladder code but for a rope instead, and maybe a slightly altered animation.

Chimaira
2005-07-25, 15:06
Is the mini mod still set for the end of the month?

NYC
2005-07-25, 19:55
I freakin hope soo because I can't take shooting people 15 times with and M16 to kill them. And theres only 6 days left in July. But if they said that it would be out this month then I trust them.

Figisaacnewton
2005-07-26, 01:55
My guess for a day is... the 6th of August. If we are very lucky, it'll be earlier, but i doubt it.

NYC
2005-07-26, 02:04
August 6th?? Why would they say "By the end of this month, mabye sooner"? If they wern't telling the truth?

CobraPhantom
2005-07-26, 02:12
August 6th?? Why would they say "By the end of this month, mabye sooner"? If they wern't telling the truth?

The same reason BF2 could delay its release. Everyone wants to know when it will be released, so they try to hold everyone over with an educated guess. Sometimes its right on, sometimes its not. Just think of it, the more its tested, the better it will be. It will be sooner than later.

solodude23
2005-07-26, 02:13
They said they were PLANNING by the end of the month, maybe sooner. I guess you left that part out?

Ven0m43
2005-07-26, 02:49
U meant end of July right?

Super6
2005-07-27, 18:10
its getting closer, the 27th, so within 4 days hopefully?

EvilCookie
2005-07-30, 01:14
Almost the end of the month, any chance we can get the change log now?

BrokenArrow
2005-07-30, 01:21
theyre still testing, so the change log is still... well, changing.

EvilCookie
2005-07-31, 18:34
Guess it won't be released this month as planned, oh well.

3FJ_Werner
2005-07-31, 19:31
Not too hasty, we still have 2.5 hours left :P
Even 3.5 for uk.

Tactical Advantage
2005-07-31, 20:06
Not too hasty, we still have 2.5 hours left :P
Even 3.5 for uk.

lol, well I just saw Fortnight on XFire testing the PRMM, so it could be soon.

solodude23
2005-07-31, 20:23
That dosn't mean its soon. Testing has been going on for a while now.

requiem
2005-08-01, 08:27
Everybody, we're sorry for the delays, there were some unexpected events during this last month (last minute vacations & personal issues) which meant time away from the computer for some of our devs. We are working as fast as we can to release the first version of our minimod.

HunterPT
2005-08-01, 15:21
Don't rush it just camp and make the game better :D

Napalmas
2005-08-01, 20:00
seeing as EA released the full version bf2 game I don't know how many months after they said they would. I think that a few days more wait for this mini-mod is acceptable. Keep up the good work PR. Make this mod a good one. Take your time.

Soldja
2005-08-04, 00:36
hmm i see links to downloads but none work
some say bittorrent and some say direct download...
does this mean we are looking to see it today :D ??
thanx
- Soldja

Djuice
2005-08-04, 00:43
dunno what you on about those links, but the mini-mod would be out ASAP, just be patient

Soldja
2005-08-04, 00:59
i am i am :)
if you check my profile been here long time ;)
but just wondering got me all excited and stuff when i saw the linky :P

solodude23
2005-08-04, 01:24
There are no download links....are there? :?

CobraPhantom
2005-08-04, 03:03
Never!

Figisaacnewton
2005-08-04, 03:59
Mod? Today? Me wanty bad! No toy with Fig, he have fragile psyche!

BrokenArrow
2005-08-04, 04:06
Chill out guys, its been less than a month since the announcement that thered even be a mini mod for PR, rome wasnt built in a day (or a month for that matter) and for a quality mini mod it goes the same way.

Figisaacnewton
2005-08-04, 04:15
....Gyurghck!

*Falls out of chair, clutching chest*

BrokenArrow
2005-08-04, 04:18
hahaha rest assured its coming along.

Figisaacnewton
2005-08-04, 04:21
*twitches widly on the floor, screaming 'it was right in front of my hands, and somebody took it away!*

BrokenArrow
2005-08-04, 04:23
haha i give up...

*shoots fig to put him out of misery*

Figisaacnewton
2005-08-04, 04:26
*gurgle.... I can see the light....it's PRMM! I finnaly have it........ack*

Time of Death: 9:31 Pacific Standard Time, August 3rd, 2005.

BrokenArrow
2005-08-04, 04:28
haha im not sure what happened right there but im glad its over.

Tactical Advantage
2005-08-04, 04:47
Thanks Alot Guys!!! Now Im gonna have nightmares of BrokenArrow killing me... *Looks Nervously Over His Shoulder* :wink:

TJYoung80234
2005-08-04, 15:23
haha im not sure what happened right there but im glad its over.

Agreed. :lol:

BlakeJr
2005-08-08, 17:07
Well, since we got a new coder along, me thinks the release will be delayed even further.

What, you guys can't take a joke?!?
FFS! *lol*
http://forums.totalbf2.com/showthread.php?p=271722#post271722

Check out Frosty289s post.

solodude23
2005-08-08, 17:50
Yay! :D

Tookie
2005-08-08, 20:15
can someone tell me a projected release date for the Mod? I am getting extreamly bored with vanilla BF2 and I cant wait for something better. I can not stand this arcady game play! :roll: I am dying to play the first official release of PR. Any info from the dev team is greatly appreciated!

solodude23
2005-08-08, 21:07
Approximatly this year. That exact enough? :wink:

Soon my friend, soon.

Figisaacnewton
2005-08-08, 22:23
*Rolls over in grave*

BrokenArrow
2005-08-08, 23:04
haha im starting to get worried about fig... someone get him a realistic game before he dies.

Figisaacnewton
2005-08-10, 18:02
I'm already dead... haven't you been paying attention!?

Kozuka
2005-08-10, 22:51
I'm already dead... haven't you been paying attention!?

The dead don't speak.

Evilhomer
2005-08-11, 07:18
Friday August 12th. For anyone who can't read the front page im gonna save you the embarassment...

Figisaacnewton
2005-08-11, 08:09
as with the other 2 threads with this date mentioned...

YAAAY YAAAAY!

and btw Kozuka, I wasn't speaking, I was simply willing letters to appear on a screen, ghost typing, if you will.

lumpeh
2005-08-11, 18:33
Are certain classes going to be restricted in this release?

EvilCookie
2005-08-11, 22:07
Changelog or just wait?

CobraPhantom
2005-08-11, 22:08
Its a long list :)

Pvt.Weissbrot
2005-08-11, 22:10
W00t !!!!one!!!on!111!! :D

Drew
2005-08-11, 22:26
Changelog or just wait?

https://www.realitymod.com/index.php?page=release_prmm

EvilCookie
2005-08-12, 11:30
Thank you sir, looks good.

p01s0n
2005-08-12, 13:13
Wow...
Finaly it's friday...
Can't wait to download the mini-mod and play....

Djuice
2005-08-12, 13:18
lol, well its gonna be Saturday in Australia before its released..T_T

Wolfmaster
2005-08-12, 13:31
14 hrs to go....

Djuice
2005-08-12, 13:32
you sure its gonna be in 14 hours :P

Wolfmaster
2005-08-12, 13:40
the timer sais so.....

no of course it wont be exactly 14 hrs but it's something to go at.

BlakeJr
2005-08-12, 13:43
My suggestion is that we postpone the release 10 minutes for each of the spams that has been and will be posted until it is released.

Sound like an idea? :lol:

Djuice
2005-08-12, 13:45
hehe, yes thats a great idea!!!..
:P

ill spam it for you people

Wolfmaster
2005-08-12, 13:49
hmm, good idea. but who's gonna determine what's spam and what's not... i'll take on that very difficult task. all your posts are spam, all mine aren't. lol :lol:

FatJoe
2005-08-12, 18:28
Erm.. judging by the number of posts on the forums, minus your 807 posts, that gives me 4399 hour's, or 6 months of more waiting..

I dunno dude.. I just don't like that idea :?

:P

CobraPhantom
2005-08-12, 18:29
I like it

BlakeJr
2005-08-12, 19:52
What's six more months after all? You will get a thoroughly well tested minimod by then.

Napalmas
2005-08-12, 20:55
Release date today!!!!

BlakeJr
2005-08-12, 21:02
Actually... Not until tomorrow.... IF they go by the clock and don't take my suggestion to heart and postpone it for further testing. :lol:

Figisaacnewton
2005-08-12, 21:37
Release it and call it an open beta! I'll kiil somthing if this doesnt come out by 8:30 PST

Napalmas
2005-08-12, 21:51
Well in my timezone it will be released tonight at 11pm so, Release date toady!

Pak
2005-08-12, 21:57
That's not the exact time, just the very last they can wait for.

BlakeJr
2005-08-12, 22:05
Awww, crap. Just drop the bomb and be done with it! :lol:

JS.Fortnight.A
2005-08-12, 22:13
Figisaacnewton: Release it and call it an open beta! I'll kiil somthing if this doesnt come out by 8:30 PST

lmao! Oh poor Figisaacnewton, that is too funny, sorry man. Yes we'll release tonight, just hold on a bit longer! :)

BrokenArrow
2005-08-12, 23:52
i know, fig is having the hardest time waiting... my sympathy goes out to him.

Paladin-X
2005-08-12, 23:53
waiting for what? it's out. :P

BrokenArrow
2005-08-12, 23:55
i mean from announcment until release, hes been through hell haha

Figisaacnewton
2005-08-13, 00:03
only 4 hours....

It'll be ok...

Deeeeep breath.....innnn.....out....

requiem
2005-08-13, 00:04
only 4 hours....

It'll be ok...

Deeeeep breath.....innnn.....out....

Ummm, it's been released :) Frontpage.

Lt.133t
2005-08-13, 00:06
WHEE D/Ling right now.

*twitch*

Figisaacnewton
2005-08-13, 00:10
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

must dl now!

MadMan
2005-08-13, 00:21
Theres a problem with the installer. After I install the mod it gives me the following error:

An error occured while trying to read the source file:
The source file "D:\Mike\Games\Battlefield 2\mods\BF2\levels\Dalian_plant\server.zip" does not exist.

Click abort, retry, ignore.

Retry does not work. If I click ignore it goes through what seems to be all the files in each map folder.

Edit: Ok I see the problem. I chose my main battlefield 2 directory. The installer then installed ANOTHER battlefield 2 directory into that and put all the PRMM files in there.

Rg
2005-08-13, 00:27
Theres a problem with the installer. After I install the mod it gives me the following error:

An error occured while trying to read the source file:
The source file "D:\Mike\Games\Battlefield 2\mods\BF2\levels\Dalian_plant\server.zip" does not exist.

Click abort, retry, ignore.

Retry does not work. If I click ignore it goes through what seems to be every file in the game directory.
*edit* you edited, lol

Figisaacnewton
2005-08-13, 00:48
Where are the servers?

There is ONE server, and solo and i get pings of 200+.... ack!

CobraPhantom
2005-08-13, 00:50
Ours is updateing right now, sit tight

TerribleOne
2005-08-13, 01:10
Awsome coversion but the helis manuverability needs to be toned down. thats is the only crit i have so far that can be fixed without the new models etc etc.
Very impressed with this release so far. keep up the good work.

Pvt.Weissbrot
2005-08-13, 01:45
Absolutely phuckingtastic.

Superb job Mod team. :thumbs up:

thugnasty
2005-08-13, 02:08
wow this is exactly what I was hoping for. Especially the recoil system. I see some of the ideas I mentioned were put to use. (little or no firing cone wile zoom/stationary) This is perfect because the player now can control the movment of the weapon and be more accurate depending on their skill

Jerry_03
2005-08-13, 10:20
awesome mod, just the realsim i was hoping for also :)

i really like the SAW now, theres more recoil which is realistic, but the stopping power makes up for that :D

awesome job :wink:

toffa_h
2005-08-13, 14:46
hmm, this mini-mod has ways to go. first of all, how does removing all damage and ammo indicators make the game more realistic? there NEEDS to be some way to check how many bullets you have left in your magazine. the character unloads the magazine and looks inside and then you get an indicator in the bottom right corner saying how many bullets you have left (approx.). you then press the same button to put the magazine back in again (if you wish to add more bullets you press reload).

there also needs to be a way to see whether you have the weapon on single fire, burst, or auto. maybe a button on the keyboard will simply make the character turn the weapon so that you can see in which position the fire-rate switch is in?

why can't i see how much damage i've taken? in real life you can feel if you're good to go or if you need medical assistance. we can't feel this in a game so we need to see it somehow.

and how come we can't see how much damage our vehicle has taken? in real life pilots and drivers have tons of instruments telling them about the status of the vehicle. in your mod we have no idea.

and try and fix the server please, right now it's too laggy to enjoy.

HunterPT
2005-08-13, 15:54
hmm, this mini-mod has ways to go. first of all, how does removing all damage and ammo indicators make the game more realistic? there NEEDS to be some way to check how many bullets you have left in your magazine. the character unloads the magazine and looks inside and then you get an indicator in the bottom right corner saying how many bullets you have left (approx.). you then press the same button to put the magazine back in again (if you wish to add more bullets you press reload).

there also needs to be a way to see whether you have the weapon on single fire, burst, or auto. maybe a button on the keyboard will simply make the character turn the weapon so that you can see in which position the fire-rate switch is in?

why can't i see how much damage i've taken? in real life you can feel if you're good to go or if you need medical assistance. we can't feel this in a game so we need to see it somehow.

and how come we can't see how much damage our vehicle has taken? in real life pilots and drivers have tons of instruments telling them about the status of the vehicle. in your mod we have no idea.

and try and fix the server please, right now it's too laggy to enjoy.

In my opinion I think that you have played to many hours of CS and to few of America's Army removing the damage indicator it turns the game more realistic because you don't se a x everytime you hit some one in realaty, the ammo count well you can always have some ideia if you have mutch or few ammo like in realaty, to see if you have the gun in single, burst, or auto there should be a option to see the parte of the gun where you change the buton to eatch fire rate, like you have saied you can't see the damage that you have in real life but to fell it so if you where shot in the leg for exemple your guy whould just run slower and stuf like that and the vehicle you should see who mutch damage he have by the sounds. But you have to see that this isn't the real thing this is just a mini mod and It's awsome any way I probably think that it should be improve in the future but for now enjoy the mini mod. The shoots could be improve to because they are a bit unrialistic because when you shoot to far away the bullet will just go down because of the decrease of the speed and the same happens with the sniper and the breath should afect the acuracy to like if he is tired the acuracy whould be lower. This are just sugestions to make the game more realistic.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.

P.S.2. I have a Gforce FX5200 and I can only play about 1 minute and 30 seconds in single player after that time the game just close down.

Pvt.Weissbrot
2005-08-13, 16:15
Hi there,

The caliber .50 Muzzleflashes must be fixed as well.

JSeagull
2005-08-14, 11:07
I love this mod!! Great job! Only beef I have is with the server PRMM 100Mbit NL DFFCLAN. In the list it said the ping was 109. Twice in a row I got kicked almost immediatelywith a reason stating that my ping was too high at 129 and 139 respectively. It said that I was kicked by Punkbuster and authorized by the Admin. There were only 7 players out of 50 playing. I think that is a little unfriendly, so if you want a private server I suggest adding a password.

Again, fabulous job guys on the mod and look forward to future brilliance!!

JSeagull

solodude23
2005-08-14, 16:09
I love this mod!! Great job! Only beef I have is with the server PRMM 100Mbit NL DFFCLAN. In the list it said the ping was 109. Twice in a row I got kicked almost immediatelywith a reason stating that my ping was too high at 129 and 139 respectively. It said that I was kicked by Punkbuster and authorized by the Admin. There were only 7 players out of 50 playing. I think that is a little unfriendly, so if you want a private server I suggest adding a password.

Again, fabulous job guys on the mod and look forward to future brilliance!!

JSeagull

Same here. My suggestion, don't play on that server.

PRMM: =DI= totaldamage.org
217.112.89.217:16567

Currently there are 26 players on it.

thugnasty
2005-08-15, 19:19
This mod is definately heading in the right direction. Just add a way to check the magazine for how many rounds are left. Also add a way to view the fire selector switch so we can see what mode it's on.

JS.Fortnight.A
2005-08-15, 19:29
A mag counter has been provided, since soldiers IRL are able to tell by their harness how many mags they have. Rounds left in magazines will not be replaced however, as one has enough magazines if needed, and should in any case only be spending rounds when there are clean shots on targets. Conserve ammo, and if your unsure of your current ammo count in the present magazine, reload ;)

toffa_h
2005-08-16, 11:25
"and if your unsure of your current ammo count in the present magazine, reload"

what? if i'm unsure of how much ammo i have i should be able to pull out the magazine and get a rough estimate. come on guys... don't stretch the "realism" too far. and give us some form of health indicator, even a very basic one would help.

[TW]Fox
2005-08-16, 11:37
fair play but how can looking at the top of the magazine tell you how many you have inside it, US army doesnt use transparent mags do they, you'll see if you have about 3 in

Hoss
2005-08-16, 12:05
The point of taking out the ammo counter IMO is to make you keep track of how many shots you have fired, just as you would have to on a battlefield. I find it's really not that big of a stretch (or tough to do) when I play.

I'll admit, it's a tought adjustment to make the first time you play though :wink:

IZZ
2005-08-16, 16:44
Love the minimod guys keep up the good work ..

toffa_h
2005-08-17, 12:25
Fox]fair play but how can looking at the top of the magazine tell you how many you have inside it, US army doesnt use transparent mags do they, you'll see if you have about 3 in

don't magazines have holes along their length so that you can see how many bullets are in there?

sandworm
2005-08-17, 12:33
Fox]fair play but how can looking at the top of the magazine tell you how many you have inside it, US army doesnt use transparent mags do they, you'll see if you have about 3 in

don't magazines have holes along their length so that you can see how many bullets are in there?

m16/m4 mags don't..

toffa_h
2005-08-17, 20:03
all right, so keep them as it is and add the ability to briefly check how many bullets are left in the weapons that DO have the holes.

Hawlsey
2005-08-18, 04:31
Oh... what game is it that tells you if the magazine you have in is "light" or "heavy"...??? OH! Red Orchestra, isn't it? That's about as far as I would like to see it go.

As for health bar... well, I never live long enough now after getting shot to need to bother with one :p

toffa_h
2005-08-19, 16:06
that weight idea seems to be a pretty good one hawlsey.

so when will v0.2 be realeased?

JSeagull
2005-08-24, 08:05
How come there are rarely people on the servers?

cdnbmb
2005-08-24, 12:36
AS for the mag count, I have read of people putting in a tracer as the 3rd to last round,to be able to tell when the mag is near its end.
Whether this would be warranted, I do not know,since Im sure it requires some form of coding to do, and isnt worth the while really.
Or simply get a good feel for how much you have shot,Simple enough. I simply reload after every nasty encounter with beings of the opponent side.

BlakeJr
2005-08-25, 13:56
that weight idea seems to be a pretty good one hawlsey.

so when will v0.2 be realeased?
...When it's done... :P

Alpha=Sniper Wolf
2005-09-20, 22:04
Keep in mind ive never played bf2 online (56k) one thing i always thought was annoying was the names of people when u aim at them. im sure some ppl like this but, i dont think it looks very real. i think it should tell who u kill just for the sake of being able to say i own u online. anyone else think so or am i just "special"

BrokenArrow
2005-09-20, 23:14
well, i dont want people to be able to see that i killed them, especially if im in a good spot for sniping. if they can see that theyd just tell their team to telll them if i was killed or was killing them as well. i actually think it can help them figure out where you are, i say that they should go.

Wolfmaster
2005-09-21, 15:03
i think he meant you know who you killed, not who killed you.

Acidcrash
2005-09-21, 17:24
aye, fully agree, personally I would like to see who killed who removed completely (ie, if you killed them and if they killed you)

JakSpd89
2005-09-22, 06:39
Agree, who killed you is illrelavent after the fact is it not? :)

Wolfmaster
2005-09-22, 13:26
yeah, the point is you got killed....;)

JG14_Jagr
2005-09-29, 00:28
Remove it completely for one reason.. it adds realism.. you don't know if that grenade you tossed cleared the bunker.. until you carefully poke your head in.. Did that burst of fire get that sniper? it adds a lot fo the game in my opinion..

BrokenArrow
2005-09-29, 01:05
yeah, get rid of it.

Enforcer1975
2005-10-01, 21:08
How come there are rarely people on the servers?

Maybe because they can't connect?

After the "join game" appears it says:

This server only allows players with unmodified contents to join. Revert your version of Battlefield 2 to the current official version to join.

And i activated the mod in-game via custom games button.

To the realism, everything that adds realism to the game i welcome. Who starts to moan about everything in the game should play softcore BF2. :-P

SpungE
2005-10-02, 21:15
Wow, I can't believe I missed this one. I just played it for a little while and it basically clears up most of the things I wish were different in BF2.

Does anyone know why in BF2 SP the enemy commander always artilleries the player? It's impossible to snipe! Maybe something to clear up in a later edition?