PDA

View Full Version : Misc PR:WW2 Mini-Update #1

AfterDune
2014-10-18, 20:30
[R-COM]Arc_Shielder (https://www.realitymod.com/forum/members/48613.html) has an announcement for you:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3917951/PRWW2%20Update%201/PRbanner.png

Hi guys, as promised here is the first mini-update of things to come for PR:WW2. We will be making regular updates from now on to keep you on touch about general progress. Please have in mind that most of the things we're about to show are WIP (Work In Progress) and may not represent the final version.

Animations

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3917951/PRWW2%20Update%201/mp40_80pc.gif

MP 40 Reload by KaB

The past few weeks we have been lucky to count with the gentle contribution of KaB whose experience prior to this was little to none. He is the living proof that with a lot of determination and will anyone is capable of learning skills that from an outsider perspective seems too hard to attempt. The progress we have been achieving on this field has been great thanks to him and soon it will be nothing but a past headache that we've been struggling with for far too long.
Of course it would be unfair not to mention the worthy contribution of Develop that animated a few weapons, Glenn aka Lemon on the german grenade models as well as Pvt.Heureux on a few basic tweaks.

In general the weapons feel heavier, deadlier and more realistic than in previous versions. The animations of PR movements were also not forgotten and I have no doubt that it's going to be one of the highlights come release time.

Animation Gif Samples [5 - 8 MB]: MP40 (https://m1.behance.net/rendition/modules/137460817/disp/c7c5f3c211a5dbb8db003cc0a118d2c1.gif) - MP40#2 (https://m1.behance.net/rendition/modules/137460815/disp/e89459c18538d33b894c82ca42d7ca43.gif) - BAR (https://m1.behance.net/rendition/modules/135750933/disp/b22dcb18e6753e269df54596906c0696.gif) - BAR#2 (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3917951/PRWW2%20Update%201/BAR.gif) - K98 (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3917951/PRWW2%20Update%201/Kar.gif) - MG34 (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3917951/PRWW2%20Update%201/MG34.gif)
Most Recent Video Sample: MP40 & MG34 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsX_A_quCN0&feature=youtu.be) by KaB

Panzerschreck

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3917951/PRWW2%20Update%201/Panzerschreck2.png (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3917951/PRWW2%20Update%201/Panzerschreck.png)

Model: lucky.Boy
Texture: CTRifle
Export: Develop
Animations: Develop

This lovely model from lucky.Boy is one of the examples of how we intend to fill the gaps regarding weaponry and assets. The Panzerschreck was sorely missing in previous versions and it's going to give the Wehrmacht a more powerful tool against the Shermans. With an effective range of 150m it will prove to be a deadly threat that the US team will have to watch for.

The kit will be under an asymmetric gear system that we will get into more detail in the next update. What it means is that the STD and ALT kits may have different ammo rounds and even different secondary weapons. This system will provide more options for the player according to the gameplay and situation that suits him best. And while nothing is set in stone for the HAT german kit, it's likely that too is going to have slightly differences in gear for each version.

watch?v=6pN6Nl-yRoY

Have in mind that this video DOES NOT represent the final version. It's missing a few tweaks regarding reloading/aiming time, fov decrease removal and sounds.

Browning 1919 Deployment Feature

The Browning 1919 will be used as the MG kit for the US Army and I'm sure that many of you were already anticipating such a move. However, when the discussion came forward about its implementation and weapon balance, we came to the decision that something special had to be done about it. AfterDune therefore created a system that allows a non-Squad Leader kit (in this case, the MG kit user) to deploy a Browning M1919 without the need for a radio. The mechanism is simple and straightforward. The MG kit user only needs to select the Browning 1919 icon slot and then "fire" it (first click) to deploy it. The weapon will then pop up after a couple of seconds and it's ready to use. There is no dirt base below which deems the shovel not necessary in this case (and something we did for authenticity). The US MG kit user is the only one who can use the deployed weapon - any other will have a black screen) and can deploy as far as 7 times. To get more "weapons" the kit user will have to resupply in a nearby supply crate. The weapon per se have 4 rounds and can be reloaded with infantry ammo bags.

We expect the kit user to attempt to cover his team mates or defend critical areas under this system. Be it in a hedgerow, ruins or in a partially damaged house. And while it might be not be as mobile as the german MG weapons (which are using the typical PR deployment system), we came to the conclusion that this was the right decision upon verifying its real life use on the battlefield. This feature will emphasize how much impact these medium/heavy MGs had and recreate a contrast of their use on the battlefield in their respective armies.

K45-Xe8YMHg

This was it for now. We'll be back with more news soon.

Cheers

Antol
2014-10-18, 20:38
OMG eleven!!!1!!! It wasnt expected:p Everything looks so detailed and immersion is just amazing. Waiting for it so much. Hope it will come in next few months. Animations - perfect.

SShadowFox
2014-10-18, 21:21
You guys are fucking awesome, really great work.

MADsqirrel
2014-10-18, 21:22
Wow really nice, keep it up!

Rhino
2014-10-18, 21:29
Really nice work guys as always, can't wait to storm the Normandy beaches again! :D

EA_SUCKS
2014-10-18, 21:45
why zoom when aiming down the sights?

*sigh

Arc_Shielder
2014-10-18, 22:03

*sigh

It took me quite a while to understand what you meant by that and that's when it hit me. My mistake. I meant "aiming" not "zooming in" for the Panzerschreck. Don't worry, no one is going to be silly to do something like that.

EDIT: The sentence was corrected.

Murkey
2014-10-18, 22:04
That MG is soooo coool! The animations are looking great as well.

Good work guys :D

Cheers, Murkey.

KaB
2014-10-18, 22:08

*sigh

Don't worry man :p , it's just that in PR files the ADS anim is called to_zoom, so that became the common term to talk about this action.

EA_SUCKS
2014-10-18, 22:10
I hope that no "magical" zoom is added to weapons that don't have scopes irl

AfterDune
2014-10-18, 22:18
No, there's not.

Arc_Shielder
2014-10-18, 22:39

Like AD said, there's not. We are not planning to add any kind of zoom in non scope weapons. We're going to keep it the PR way.

However, it seems that FOV decrease is present in the animation still. Something we thought that we had removed before. Thanks for alerting us to this fact. Unless paying close attention it's hard to tell. The sentence was corrected once again to alert readers about it.

Rabbit
2014-10-18, 22:51
Pew pew pew.

http://i.imgur.com/g3SxqdQ.png

EA_SUCKS
2014-10-18, 23:17
thats more like it :)

Raphavenger
2014-10-19, 00:06
Greatness awaits!

Roque_THE_GAMER
2014-10-19, 03:38
dat Panzerschreck deviation to.

camo
2014-10-19, 04:47
Sweeeet! I can't wait to use that m1919, but I'm guessing you go dead dead when killed on it.

Viral_Krieger
2014-10-19, 05:47
Fantastic animations, great job guys :)

XSHADOWGX
2014-10-19, 06:54
Looks great guys!!

Frontliner
2014-10-19, 08:52
The idea of making the .50cal a deployable asset is nice, and it would be even better if you could do 2 more versions of it with a medium and a high profile tripod to make it useable in entrenched positions, houses and others. Don't know if that's too much work but I think it'll pay off immensely in the end.

Wayet
2014-10-19, 10:23
WOW!!! looks great , cant wait for the release keep up the good work :D

carmikaze
2014-10-19, 10:33
Oh gawd yissssss!! Sneaky update is sneaky.

Those new animations are friggin great Kab, outstanding work! Same with the work of develop, Heureux and Lemon!! :-P

Big thanks to you all.

NoahLatexGryphon
2014-10-19, 12:12

-_- i think iron sights and red dot sights need at least like a 1.5x zoom or something. right now red dot sights are like never used

KaB
2014-10-19, 12:38
right now red dot sights are like never used

I use them. A lot. When I walk through Saarema forest for example, no need to see very far in this place.

Even though I don't see what's the real problem if they're never used, since you have the option of not using them.

But it's not the place to talk about this. You can make a new thread if you want.

carmikaze
2014-10-19, 13:49
Same here. I use Red dots all the time. Zoom would kill it.

Spook
2014-10-19, 16:03
Don't you dare touching the red dot sights. They are possibly the best sight-attachment ingame.

Fantastic work. I really miss PR:N.

Roque_THE_GAMER
2014-10-19, 16:26
Don't you dare touching the red dot sights. They are possibly the best sight-attachment ingame.

Fantastic work. I really miss PR:N.

just the fov for ironsigths and reddots are annoying.

DonDOOM
2014-10-19, 22:39
Awwh yeh, it's looking amazing.

carmikaze
2014-10-19, 23:05
just the fov for ironsigths and reddots are annoying.

No.

7chars

tankninja1
2014-10-19, 23:56
But can we fast rope out of c-47s? :)

Roque_THE_GAMER
2014-10-20, 00:01
No.

7chars

Yes, it is.

fatalsushi83
2014-10-20, 03:25
If KaB had no prior experience in animating, then that's just amazing work. I assumed the MP-40 animation was done by a veteran animator because of the many realistic details like the resistance when you pull the mag out and the wobbly feel when you're holding it with one hand to represent the weight. I just can't wait to fire the damn thing!

Also, the BAR...holy sh*t! Who did the animation for it? It looks like the thing weighs 30 pounds and fires giant bullets that'll be able to blow tree trunks apart. I imagine it'll be the most badass gun in the mod, at least in terms of feel.

camo
2014-10-20, 04:06
Fatal i think this is what you probably should have posted......
http://anotherwhiskyformisterbukowski.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/ejac-south-park.jpg

Ratface
2014-10-20, 04:08
KaB also did the BAR. He has done an outstanding job so far and continues so surprise us ;)

fatalsushi83
2014-10-20, 05:43
Fatal i think this is what you probably should have posted......
http://anotherwhiskyformisterbukowski.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/ejac-south-park.jpg

Yes, this is exactly what i was thinking.

KaB
2014-10-20, 07:51
If KaB had no prior experience in animating, then that's just amazing work. I assumed the MP-40 animation was done by a veteran animator because of the many realistic details like the resistance when you pull the mag out and the wobbly feel when you're holding it with one hand to represent the weight.

Thanks man ! No, Im not a veteran at all. I just paid attention to various videos where people reload it, and I kept in mind all the small details that I could use for the animations so that it looks as realistic as possible.

Psyrus
2014-10-20, 09:52
Thanks man ! No, Im not a veteran at all. I just paid attention to various videos where people reload it, and I kept in mind all the small details that I could use for the animations so that it looks as realistic as possible.Hey KAB, are the reload gifs for the MP40 and BAR slowed down? The FG42 and K98 look like they have a good sense of urgency, but the former two seem to miss the sense of urgency that a live-fire battlefield reload would have... and are almost somewhat lackadaisical by comparison to the latter two.

What do you think?

They look great though! :)

KaB
2014-10-20, 09:59
Yea, all the gifs are slowed down. The FG42 and K98 were done by develop who tends to make stuff going really fast and arcadey. I must say most of the people manning weapons in the videos I checked never reload that fast, and when they try they make a lot of wrong movements and mistakes.

You can check the real MP40 speed in the video link below the gifs.

Adriaan
2014-10-20, 10:38
Great work, very impressive! Loving the animations

fatalsushi83
2014-10-20, 10:45
I also noticed that the time to pull out more ammo is different. With the kar98 (and fg42) you pull out a new clip the moment your hand leaves the bolt wheras with the mp40 it seems to take a bit more time to pull out a new mag, which i think is more realistic. Overall i think the kar and fg animations could be slowed down a bit and given a little more weight, IMHO. Sorry i can't contribute anything myself but i just wanted to share my opinion.

Psyrus;2040015']Hey KAB, are the reload gifs for the MP40 and BAR slowed down? The FG42 and K98 look like they have a good sense of urgency, but the former two seem to miss the sense of urgency that a live-fire battlefield reload would have... and are almost somewhat lackadaisical by comparison to the latter two.

That sense of weight for the mp40 and BAR is so damn good, though, despite the slower pace! It makes you feel like youre holding a heavy piece of steel that will really hurt people when you shoot them with it.

MasterX
2014-10-20, 10:51
Keep up the great work guys, very nice.

I really like the animations KaB, I just jizzed my pants. Loved the little detail you put in your animations!

Can't wait for PR:WW2 to come back :)

Frontliner
2014-10-20, 13:45
That sense of weight for the mp40 and BAR is so damn good, though, despite the slower pace! It makes you feel like youre holding a heavy piece of steel that will really hurt people when you shoot them with it.

4 kg for the MP40 isn't particularly heavy though tbh. But I agree on slower reloads across the board, would be nice if that were to happen to all other rifles in the game.

fatalsushi83
2014-10-21, 01:09
4 kg for the MP40 isn't particularly heavy though tbh. But I agree on slower reloads across the board, would be nice if that were to happen to all other rifles in the game.

You should still be able to "feel" those 4 kg, though, and I think KaB got it just right. Basically, I'm just saying that some games make weapons feel like plastic airsoft rifles (crappy CoDish sound effects can also do this), which detracts from the feeling of having something powerful in your hands.

Roque_THE_GAMER
2014-10-21, 02:01
You should still be able to "feel" those 4 kg, though, and I think KaB got it just right. Basically, I'm just saying that some games make weapons feel like plastic airsoft rifles (crappy CoDish sound effects can also do this), which detracts from the feeling of having something powerful in your hands.

that will reflect on the damage to?

fatalsushi83
2014-10-21, 02:47
No, it wont affect the actal damage. It just makes the weapons feel more real and powerful, making them more satisfying to shoot. You dont want a big caliber rifle that feels like a bb gun in game :wink:

Bad1n
2014-10-21, 07:01
Great news! Cant wait for the next part!

Mongolian_dude
2014-10-21, 09:05
The FG42 implies the presence of Fallschirmj?ger forces.
To what extent will they be implemented, and will they receive other signature equipment such as the M38 helmet?

Walmarx
2014-10-21, 17:53
I didn't see any mention of the FG42 in the OP, I believe that was inadvertently mentioned by a subsequent poster.

My god those are some quality animations! Even the fine movements of the fingers look very believable , and avoid reminding us of the ham-fisted bf2 hand meshes. I do have one question about the BAR deploy animation though; I am unsure why the left arm goes off-screen when leveling the rifle. It would seem that hand would be necessary to keep the weapon from dropping lower as the muzzle swings downward, as this was an extraordinarily heavy weapon. Other than this small issue, these are really top-notch work KaB! Thank you very much for contributing to this eagerly-anticipated module's return.

Also, a question about the M1919: What position is the operator in? Were the standard .50 cal emplacement anims used, or did you guys create some new prone constraints?

KaB
2014-10-21, 18:24
Thanks man. Actually the weapon is leveled thanks to the armpit (blocking on the top backward) and the right hand (blocking on the bottom forward). It might really obvious to do it IRL, but I thought it could be classy in the game.

Arc_Shielder
2014-10-21, 18:58
Mongolian_dude;2040139']The FG42 implies the presence of Fallschirmj?ger forces.
To what extent will they be implemented, and will they receive other signature equipment such as the M38 helmet?

I didn't see any mention of the FG42 in the OP, I believe that was inadvertently mentioned by a subsequent poster.

Also, a question about the M1919: What position is the operator in? Were the standard .50 cal emplacement anims used, or did you guys create some new prone constraints?

We do have the FG-42 and the gif was removed because the animated model was the wrong one. It was a mix up of unknown causes that we are still trying to figure out and that will be mentioned in the next update.

But to answer your question Mongolian, no, there will only be one faction per army. We don't aim to be too accurate in that regard. The FG 42 will be implemented as the ALT version for the AR aka Support kit.

Walmarx, same standard anims when in a deployed HMG (defensive asset). We kept it this way because the medium level sized tripod will cause less issues than a low one. Your FOV will be much better suited above the grass and irregular terrain. And having said this, we are exploring a few ways to give the player other options when it comes to firing stance.

fatalsushi83
2014-10-22, 09:40
One question, if I may.

How deadly will the weapons be? Will you need two chest shots to take someone down even with high-powered weapons like the Garand and the deployable .30 cal?

Also, I like the addition of the FG42 for the sake of variety.

Walmarx
2014-10-22, 09:44
Thanks man. Actually the weapon is leveled thanks to the armpit (blocking on the top backward) and the right hand (blocking on the bottom forward). It might really obvious to do it IRL, but I thought it could be classy in the game.

I see it perfectly now; the fov was just throwing me a bit I think. I like it! Classy indeed.

Arc_Shielder
2014-10-22, 14:19
One question, if I may.

How deadly will the weapons be? Will you need two chest shots to take someone down even with high-powered weapons like the Garand and the deployable .30 cal?.

Weapon damage is only going to be tackled later so it's hard to tell at this point in development of how it's going to pawn out.

fatalsushi83
2014-10-22, 14:51
Looking forward to seeing how damage will turn out.

Damnit, I'm already having daydreams about fighting in those hedgerows.

Guam_Marine
2014-11-01, 04:40
As long as the K98 isn't an instant killer I will be happy.

fatalsushi83
2014-11-04, 03:01
I would prefer high-damage weapons with slower deviation settle times. There's nothing more frustrating than flanking someone, lining up a perfect shot, and shooting them with a high-powered rifle like the K98 or Garand only to have them sprint away and get healed. I know PR isn't a war sim but especially in WWII where most soldiers have high-caliber weapons and no one has body armor, these kind of situations can feel pretty strange. I wouldn't mind the K98 being an instant killer as long as it took a few seconds for the deviation to settle for long-range shots.

eggyh4ck
2014-11-15, 13:27
Japanese forces ???

fatalsushi83
2014-11-17, 02:09
Pacific theater was cancelled. There are some posts about it in the Normandy mod section of the forums.

Jutsch
2014-11-24, 19:45
Looks dope!
Will there be maps set on the eastern front aswell? :)

Arc_Shielder
2014-11-24, 22:02
Looks dope!
Will there be maps set on the eastern front aswell? :)

No. The team right now is focused solely on the western front.

Peggy001
2014-11-26, 00:39
If this change will make my gun more accurate, then I decided to stop playing this game more than a year, great news.

lg g3 tasche (http://www.hulle6.com/category-lg-g3-zubehoer-140.html)