PDA

View Full Version : UH-1N Twin "Huey"

[GER]Birnd
2014-09-30, 21:25
Coupled with the low viewdistance on Jabal, the UH-1N Twin Huey can directly engage AA Positions and even survive direct Hits by the AA emplacement. Even with support by a Handheld AA it can attack unpunished.

mangeface
2014-10-01, 14:41
And what's your point? Communicate with your team to figure out the location of enemy air assets. Just like they communicate to find the position of enemy AA to strike it.

[GER]Birnd
2014-10-01, 17:14
And what's your point? Communicate with your team to figure out the location of enemy air assets. Just like they communicate to find the position of enemy AA to strike it.
Did u read the Post?
Look up how locking works.

Mats391
2014-10-01, 18:54
I think this is more an issue with jabal and not the huey. The best way to kill them on Jabal is with BTRs.

Murphy
2014-10-02, 18:23
Is there not a Gopher on the map? Can you not build AA emplacements? I've played plenty of Jabal rounds in which the CAS was an non-issue, mostly wasting tickets to waiting AA. You might have had a round where your team wasn't using the bountiful AA available to MEC (I've also managed to get plenty of kills from the AAA emplacements around MEC main, especially helpful for kill people on the DAM with a spotter).

Frontliner
2014-10-02, 21:15
Is there not a Gopher on the map? Can you not build AA emplacements? I've played plenty of Jabal rounds in which the CAS was an non-issue, mostly wasting tickets to waiting AA. You might have had a round where your team wasn't using the bountiful AA available to MEC (I've also managed to get plenty of kills from the AAA emplacements around MEC main, especially helpful for kill people on the DAM with a spotter).

We had the AA emplacement and two hand held AAs in position. One would think that's plenty enough to deal with them but they just didn't seem to care. Do you honestly think we'd raise concern without even trying? AA's supposed to counter chopper, which they didn't, which is why we're here stating that there may be some tweaks necessary.

tankninja1
2014-10-03, 03:17
Honestly I was expecting this to be an old thread. Jabal is terrible to fly Huey's on. You basically have to fly them out of a bowl, if AA is anywhere on the outside of the bowl the AA can hit stuff on the carrier, the missiles will fly onto the carrier without lock. Only time US has a chance is if they control East and or West beach.