PDA

View Full Version : v1.1 Hind

Ozzi_Recon1
2014-09-22, 01:38
Last night when i was flying the hind i realised how pointless the gunner position was for the hind but could be made useful.

Im not sure weather this should be posted in feeback or suggestions because its kind of both.

From my many hours of CAS experience in the hind i have noticed that having a gunner does not really change anything for you, but if only there was a purpose to have one. Target acquisition is pretty dam hard with no zoom or any other means causes you to fly moderately low and making you a big target. If only the gunner position had a laze this would make the hind a lot less of a cluster F&^k and would at least give the gunner position a means of contributing to your flying.

Thanks Aussie

matty1053
2014-09-22, 03:59
The gunner seat is useful. (Well at least it was the times I used it. approx. 10 times).

It is perfect to kill enemy air assets, except jets ofc.

Spook
2014-09-22, 08:09
I guess you are talking about the light hind since the heavy hind got 4 hellfires and lazers in gunner seat. But on the light hind the gunner is really useful for painting targets for the pilot. You have thermal and can spot vehicles easily. Just start firing at it and the pilot can use the tracers to lead his missiles.

Pronck
2014-09-22, 10:34
You can shoot the crew out of helicopters with that light machine gun, it is also useful for suppression!

tankninja1
2014-09-22, 14:10
There are two things that confuse me about the Hind.

1. Why is it so well armored? Seriously I have shot Hinds with 120mm HEAT and Sabot rounds and they fly like nothing happened.

2. Probably related to question #1 but, why is the Hind so slow, and all attack helos in general?

B2P1
2014-09-22, 20:41
2. Probably related to question #1 but, why is the Hind so slow, and all attack helos in general?

+1 It doesn't make sense that an Mi8 performs better than an attack helo.

Spook
2014-09-22, 21:51
They were slowed down to nerf CAS generally. They were too OP on previous versions.

40mmrain
2014-09-23, 04:08

1. Why is it so well armored? Seriously I have shot Hinds with 120mm HEAT and Sabot rounds and they fly like nothing happened.

Can you post a video recreating the first point? It should be easy, and I don't believe it. The hit detection and visualization of various projectiles, especially tank shells in this game is poor at best. I mean if you're a tank driver the tracer you see from the shells your tank fires is completely erroneous.

As for the second point they really aren't all that slow. The max speed of a real Apache is about 300 km/h. A real Humvee shouldn't struggle to get up to 100km/h. In PR the Apache is much faster than the Humvee. Relatively speaking the speed of the Helicopters is fairly accurate.

The Hind should not be slower than any other Helicopter in PR besides the Lynx, though. This is either an error or a game balance thing the devs did. It was the fastest helicopter in the world until the Lynx was developed.

+1 It doesn't make sense that an Mi8 performs better than an attack helo.

This example is correct but you're wrong if you think that attack helos are faster than transport helos as a rule of thumb. The Chinook for example is quite a bit faster than the apache.

B2P1
2014-09-23, 07:29
Not only talking about speed, they turn faster, they're generally performing better than attack helos.

Ozzi_Recon1
2014-09-23, 10:37
I think we are getting of the point a bit here, there is already a thread regarding the armour and speed of the hind. This is about weather or not the light hind should be getting a secondary such as a laze which would be very helpful.

Death!
2014-09-26, 13:15
Hind can even take a tank shell and keep flying right now on the game.

K4on
2014-09-26, 16:36
for how long? 10-15secs if the engine didnt die already? or what are you on about?

Rabbit
2014-09-26, 19:05
Probably about the t62 shooting it and it still flies. If you shot a hind with a heat round from a t62 it will slowly bleed and take quite a bit for engines to fail, around 20ish seconds give or take 5 seconds, enough time to RTB.

LiamBai
2014-09-28, 13:08
When flying both versions of the hind, I've been hit by an AP round from a Leopard and a Type-99(?) tank and made it back to main with no problems both times.
Here is a video of [3dAC] Nate's in which I(The gunner) shoot a hind twice with AP. It was pretty heavily smoking after the first, but still flying fine.
TrRqkKARbD4
go to 3m11s

[R-DEV]Mineral: fixed youtube. Only but what comes after the v= into the youtube brackets. Learn to bbcode liam....
LiamBai: Sorry Mineral, I was too busy not giving a shit. Won't happen again....

fatalsushi83
2015-02-14, 06:29
Ive hit a hind with a SMAW anti-tank round on two separate occasions and it flew away with smoke and got repaired. Hope this gets fixed.

REDFOX1916
2015-02-14, 15:59
A hind is a flying tank and a smaw wont kill a tank

Barbrady
2015-02-15, 03:07
No, the Hinds armor is only designed to withstand caliber .50 rounds. It's like a very light apc (worse then MT-LB I suppose).

fatalsushi83
2015-02-16, 02:38
A hind is a flying tank and a smaw wont kill a tank

Yep, it's resistant to HMG fire but I don't see how it could survive a tank shell of SMAW round, which would kill an APC of IFV in one hit. If you made an actual "flying tank" I don't think it would fly very far.

ComradeHX
2015-02-16, 08:14
Yep, it's resistant to HMG fire but I don't see how it could survive a tank shell of SMAW round, which would kill an APC of IFV in one hit. If you made an actual "flying tank" I don't think it would fly very far.

Same reason why tank shell does no damage to the back of Logi truck?

Truism
2015-02-17, 00:31
To be fair, at the wrong angle, a sabot should do nothing to the back of a logi truck, except leave a gole in it.

Hind is another matter. Any part of the cabin or fuselage would eat catastrophic damage from the overpressure and pyrophoric effects.

Roque_THE_GAMER
2015-02-18, 23:41
i made a feedback here, they fixed the tank shells hit but still have wrong ammo and no zoom.

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f254-vehicles/127467-mi-24v-hind-e-full-feed-back-4.html