PDA

View Full Version : FLIR is awesome

Vicious302
2014-07-02, 16:57
I really like the FLIR on the huey and osprey, it would be super awesome to see it on more helicopters, disappointing to not see it on all helicopters as this is a pretty standard peace of equipment for helicopters at this point.

I have been able to get some pilots to fly smooth enough to use it but more often than not they don't. Having it in more helicopters might make it more common for pilots to consider it's use.

StevePl4y5
2014-07-02, 17:37
Wait? The Osprey and the Huey have FLIR? DAFUQ? Since when?

Rhino
2014-07-02, 17:44
I believe its only on helis that have them mounted on the model, which most of them do not have both ingame or in r/l, although might be missing on one or two. For example while the Zhi-9B (PLA Light Transport chopper) doesn't have a FLIR Camera, the Zhi-9WA (PLA Light Attack chopper) dose, and even in the versions where the co-pilot doesn't have control of the weapons, he can still use the FLIR camera to spot things.

If there are any with missing FLIR camera code but have them on the model and in r/l, then possibly someone from the community could look at coding them on as we, the devs are pretty busy with other stuff that is much higher priority.

Wait? The Osprey and the Huey have FLIR? DAFUQ? Since when?

Since many versions ago. Note its only usable by the co-pilot, and not the pilot.

StevePl4y5
2014-07-02, 17:55
Rhino;2019232']I believe its only on helis that have them mounted on the model, which most of them do not have both ingame or in r/l, although might be missing on one or two. For example while the Zhi-9B (PLA Light Transport chopper) doesn't have a FLIR Camera, the Zhi-9WA (PLA Light Attack chopper) dose, and even in the versions where the co-pilot doesn't have control of the weapons, he can still use the FLIR camera to spot things.

If there are any with missing FLIR camera code but have them on the model and in r/l, then possibly someone from the community could look at coding them on as we, the devs are pretty busy with other stuff that is much higher priority.

Since many versions ago. Note its only usable by the co-pilot, and not the pilot.

Omg, how am I only finding this out now? That would have been so fracking useful at times.

Spook
2014-07-02, 18:06
To be honest I am not sure what we are talking about here? FLIR on the actual trans huey and osprey? That would be completely new to me aswell.

//just checked it. No FLIR. Would have blown my mind if there was, since I flew countless of hours in the Huey.

or is there a super duber secret key combo to enable it?

PatrickLA_CA
2014-07-02, 18:16
Yes, the passenger (copilot) seat has a FLIR screen and can also laze targets. Just press 2 when you are in the copilot position (F8) of a huey or osprey :)

Spook
2014-07-02, 18:19
Well thats the Attack Huey, it does have FLIR. Everybody should be aware of that.

But we are talking about trans here right? Since he mentioned the Osprey awell.

MoulinKiller
2014-07-02, 18:23
There is one huey that has it, exactly like that french thing.

Spook
2014-07-02, 18:50
I just jumped into a huey with the FLIR optics on the model, but it did not have any. Same with the Osprey.

Or is it the M240 Trans huey which has it?

PatrickLA_CA
2014-07-02, 19:06
Any trans huey (UH-1Y modern USMC not vietnam UH-1) has it, get on the copilot position and press 2

StevePl4y5
2014-07-02, 19:12
Any trans huey (UH-1Y modern USMC not vietnam UH-1) has it, get on the copilot position and press 2

UH-1Y? Since when is the UH-1Y even in the game? The marines have the UH-1N.

PatrickLA_CA
2014-07-02, 22:46
You're right, it's UH-1N, my mistake :)

StevePl4y5
2014-07-03, 07:29
You're right, it's UH-1N, my mistake :)

So, any UH-1N has FLIR? wth...

PatrickLA_CA
2014-07-03, 13:18
Yep, it's been there since forever

H.Maverick
2014-07-03, 14:23
Yeah, Osprey and Huey have had that shit sins as long as i can remember, think it was 96 or something the first time i found out :P

MoulinKiller
2014-07-03, 14:41
think it was 96 or something the first time i found out :P

Yeah i remember 1996, that was when we still had fastropes in PR.

Phoenix4894
2014-10-08, 19:32

https://warosu.org/data/ic/img/0017/18/1398963141526.jpg

Not sure if trolling everyone on PRF or not....

Rudd
2014-10-08, 19:36
I dunno about falklands, but yeah the Huey has it. Whenever I'm getting a ride on muttrah or whatever I try and use it to get info on any enemies we fly over, I've always wanted to try out a scout helo role where the huey is acting like a UAV.

Phoenix4894
2014-10-08, 19:47
I just checked it out. It's awesome!! I didn't know it until now. Probably because I'm always piloting transport helis on any map, and also Muttrah. Wow.. mind - BLOWN

Rhino
2014-10-22, 23:52
https://warosu.org/data/ic/img/0017/18/1398963141526.jpg

Not sure if trolling everyone on PRF or not....

The Huey in PR:F is the single engined Bell UH-1H Iroquois, which is basically the same one you see in PR:V and doesn't have a FLIR pod on it, although in the next PRT:F release it will have some door guns ;)
http://realitymodfiles.com/rhino/promo/falklands/Vehicles/UH-1H.jpg

The Modern USMC Huey in normal PR and on Muttrah etc is the Twin Engined UH-1N Huey which has the FLIR Pod on its nose :)
http://realitymodfiles.com/rhino/promo/muttrah/1-0_GPO/aas128/us1.jpg

tankninja1
2014-10-22, 23:57
Rudd;2038289']I dunno about falklands, but yeah the Huey has it. Whenever I'm getting a ride on muttrah or whatever I try and use it to get info on any enemies we fly over, I've always wanted to try out a scout helo role where the huey is acting like a UAV.

Doesn't work too well. Trans choppers perform too differently from attack helos now. Even so the attack helo's spot targets at the same time you can laze them in the Huey so the point is kinda mute.

Also attack chopper pilots get a big boner with trans choppers flying on their level.

Spectrium
2014-10-24, 08:23
Just for the intel guys.

German huey is different from usmc huey and has no flir on it. If you check the flir on german huey at silent eagle, you probably don't get anything.

Btw it's really useless due to commander uav capabilities. But when you are in cas you may ask for trans squad to loan you one of their hueys on the maps with CAS and use it as recon helicopter for laser guided attacks. (Yes, huey flir has lasing capabilities :-D )

edit: Didn't see your post until sent mine mate. :-)

Even so the attack helo's spot targets at the same time you can laze them in the Huey so the point is kinda mute.