PDA

View Full Version : v1.1 Hind and huey

Roque_THE_GAMER
2014-01-09, 12:48
First ting is the hind is to slow he is even slower and painful to fly than the cow, he is the worst helicopter i ever fly, he should do good with those massive amounts of rockets hes had but in the air he is a seating duck even a HAT can take him out in you cant doge a AA lock and cant turn around to escape from a apc shoots, hes real need a buff to hes speed and movements.

the only ting to Huey is he should care more people inside, you can clear see hes have allot of space inside.

EDIT: also check this test i made by my self.
http://youtu.be/0JV1eubFFXY

Mineral
2014-01-09, 12:52
BF2 doesn't allow for more people in one vehicle then 8.

The hind it's known to be quite slow in RL as well. (but Air enthusiasts can answer that better why and how).

PR doesn't 'buff' or 'nerf' things to make them symmetrically balanced. You should know this by now as a PR player.

Jacksonez__
2014-01-09, 13:06
Mineral;1974110']BF2 doesn't allow for more people in one vehicle then 8.

The hind it's known to be quite slow in RL as well. (but Air enthusiasts can answer that better why and how).

PR doesn't 'buff' or 'nerf' things to make them symmetrically balanced. You should know this by now as a PR player.

Hind is slow indeed in real life, at least according to Wikipedia and its sources. It can fly around 335km/h. It has good minigun and a lot of hydras. Huey can be shot down easily if the AA gunner isn't just a torso. Hind can carry passengers too (though I haven't seen that happening yet), Huey can't.

Max_Damage
2014-01-09, 13:09
Hind can go 300+ kmh irl so its a fast helicopter, not slow. Asymmetric balance usually means one side is crappier?

Roque_THE_GAMER
2014-01-09, 13:10
sorry i was talking about the CAS huey not the transport huey, the cas Huey has only 2 extra space he should get 5 or 6

yes the hind is 1011 kg heavy than the cow but this really matter? he is faster than hin in status and smaller, he should fly better than the cow.

Jacksonez__
2014-01-09, 14:44
sorry i was talking about the CAS huey not the transport huey, the cas Huey has only 2 extra space he should get 5 or 6

yes the hind is 1011 kg heavy than the cow but this really matter? he is faster than hin in status and smaller, he should fly better than the cow.

I dunno how aerodynamics and aircraft work so I am not going to say anything. And I think CAS Huey shouldn't get any more seats.

Hind

+ lots of hydras
+ can stand some damage
+ co-gunner minigun
+ can hold passengers

- relatively slow
- big
- as it is big, it is easy target for e.g LAT or HAT

My personal opinion: Almost as easy to fly as COW is & easy to land.

CAS Huey
+ small
+ fast
+ spotter seat
+ minigun and 50cal side-gunner

- no "passenger" seats
- doesn't have that many hydras
- side gunners are very vulnerable to assault rifles etc.

My personal opinion: I find it hard to fly and land, especially when it goes dive. I guess I need some practicing.

Roque_THE_GAMER
2014-01-09, 15:13
i like the hind but is to painful to fly it, i only like to fly hin low behind trees it actually work but im maps like black gold were there is only desert he is a seating duck, i even if you fly it on the ground you don't have cover to move and you cant get off there quick.

H.Maverick
2014-01-09, 15:36
tbh, the hind should take its own tale rotor off when it turns to fast as it is realistic (Yes i have happened according to discovery channel)

dysin
2014-01-09, 18:13
K4on;1974157']The hints physics are probably the best in PR, while the huey has incredible top speed - much faster than IRL - the huey and other transport choppers need a speed debuf tbh...

The hint also has incredible strong armament and the extra thick armor turns it into an air apc.
Even if you get hit by a LAT, you have still a chance to fly back to base in case your engine doesn't give up.
The hint is a flying, fat scary monster.

we tried gunning one down on saaremaa last night for the first time since 1.1. not sure what was going on, but it took far longer than it normally would. around 100 rounds from the cobra, didn't seem to be smoking at all. finally gave up and sent a hellfire to put it down.

anyone else noticed this? might have to test it in case there was some kind of lag. i noticed the changelog said velocity on gunship cannon's changed. if that's how it is now, it really is a flying apc

K4on
2014-01-09, 22:12
we tried gunning one down on saaremaa last night for the first time since 1.1. not sure what was going on, but it took far longer than it normally would. around 100 rounds from the cobra, didn't seem to be smoking at all. finally gave up and sent a hellfire to put it down.

anyone else noticed this? might have to test it in case there was some kind of lag. i noticed the changelog said velocity on gunship cannon's changed. if that's how it is now, it really is a flying apc

are you sure you really had 100 hits?
A few hits by lousy 20mm HE projectiles shouldn't really harm its hull armor though.

35 rounds give it the chance to land or fly back to carrier if its really really close, more makes it pretty much going down soon if the engines haven't given up already.

dysin
2014-01-09, 23:12
K4on;1974310']are you sure you really had 100 hits?
A few hits by lousy 20mm HE projectiles shouldn't really harm its hull armor though.

35 rounds give it the chance to land or fly back to carrier if its really really close, more makes it pretty much going down soon if the engines haven't given up already.

estimate, but yes it was around there. we did 2 really long strings into the side from less than 100m, and another 3 or 4 short strings at some further ranges. pilot even saw the hits
"what the shit"

maybe it was a lag issue then. if it still kills it, i'm fine. just wanted to be sure it wasn't a bug

Jafar Ironclad
2014-01-09, 23:38
estimate, but yes it was around there. we did 2 really long strings into the side from less than 100m, and another 3 or 4 short strings at some further ranges. pilot even saw the hits
"what the shit"

maybe it was a lag issue then. if it still kills it, i'm fine. just wanted to be sure it wasn't a bug

The Mi-24 is definitely more resilient to 30mm caliber and smaller relative to other helicopters, particularly with non armor-piercing rounds; this is intended.

Roque_THE_GAMER
2014-01-10, 20:02
so any possibility to change?

Roque_THE_GAMER
2014-01-11, 01:19
this video prove ho much hind in slow, i could even get closer enough to hit my rockets and take him down.

Project Reality 1.0: CAS Huey vs Mi-24 Hind + Hat to the face - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmZmVYcV8yg&feature=youtu.be)

Eddie Baker
2014-01-11, 18:04

No "he" shouldn't because according to our source, a UH-1N crew chief, the UH-1N cannot do the transport and gunship roles at the same time due to weight limitations.

mangeface
2014-01-19, 13:02
The CAS Huey is is correct per it's real life lift limits. You have to realize, the UH-1N airframes were made in the early 70s. When loaded with 14 rockets, a minigun and .50 MG, it can't lift anymore than that.

I just got to work, but when I get off and if I remember I'll dig up the NATOPS operating limits of the November. The Yankee, UH-1Y on the other hand, is very capable of lifting 8 troops on top of being armed with 38 70mm rockets and 2 doorguns.

ExNusquam
2014-01-19, 16:14
UH-1N Huey weights from pocket checklist (NAVAIR 01-110HCE-1B)
Empty Weight: 6600 LBS
4x Pilots/Crew: 760 lbs
1xGAU-16: 119 lbs
5x 0.50 ammo box: 175 lbs
1xGAU-17: 210 lbs
5000x7.62 ammo (GAU-17 full): 320 lbs
2xLAU-68D/A: 156 lbs
14xM151 HE: 324.8

Total: 8665 lbs

Now, max hover weight out of ground effect (SL PA)with vertical rate of climb of about 150 FPM (aprox. what you get in PR) is ~10,100 lbs.

10,100-8665=1435 lbs remaining for fuel, which isn't full tanks. While obviously they wouldn't need full tanks all the time, it should be obvious there isn't the weight there to carry extra troops.

matty1053
2014-01-21, 02:31
i find the hind constantly decimating the CAS Heuy every round on Saaremma.

Never, have I seen the Hind be killed by Huey.

(I only see the HIND being killed by Cobra, or ground assets., or of course players crashing it)

I think the Huey is too fast. I accidently flip it some times or run into trees because of how fast it can go.
But it can easily out run the massive HIND. (The thing is a beast though. It's slow, but it packs a big BANG!

Rudd
2014-01-21, 02:59

well...the huey isn't exactly a anti air platform...

Psyrus
2014-01-21, 03:07

Clearly you didn't read post #16 of this thread

dysin
2014-01-23, 19:43
we had a round a few days ago, cas huey scored 3 on the hind twice on the havok. these were all above and behind. head to head there's not much chance. i like them both, but they don't necessarily fill the same role. i see the huey as much more of a surgical tool, where the hind is a bit more of a chainsaw in a china shop

Tarranauha200
2014-01-23, 20:11
Building AA and retreating into its effective area with the huey is much better tactic than attacking the hind head-on.

Roque_THE_GAMER
2014-01-23, 23:04
Building AA and retreating into its effective area with the huey is much better tactic than attacking the hind head-on.

Hind cannot escape, he will take 2 hits after turn.

Jacksonez__
2014-01-27, 06:58
I remember one CAS Huey round when we went hunting Hind. We had full crew in CAS Huey (Minigun, spotter, 50cal) and we pounded that Hind with Hydras, minigun and mainly 50 cal - still it survived back to Cargo ship. We died in Russian DOD, lol.

Mongolian_dude
2014-01-27, 14:06
I hit a Mi-24 last night on Black Gold with a 120mmAP round and a bucket load of 50cal, and he only just started going down. That was right after he flew at our formation of 3 Tanks and managed to destroy one with rocket pods alone...

A friend and I also managed to get a combined 38:4 KD in the Mi-24 on the same map, despite tones of auto-cannons, 120mm cannons, enemy CAS chopper, Jets, Tunguskas, AA, AAA. I got the majority of kills as the gunner, with its poor zoom and 50cal chain gun. We avoided high value assets like Tanks and AAVs.
A bit of intelligent flying with a spotter and you can slay bodies.

If the scanario is even, the Hind should come out on top because of the 50cal chaingun an sheer number of rockets. If a Huey is smart and uses its speed/manoeuvrability to pick its fights, it should win. I have seen a hind take about 3 rockets before it goes down though...
Although as they often appear in pairs with AH-1z Cobras, I'd say the UH-1 Huey is a better compliment to the AH-1z Cobra than the Mi-24 Hind is to the Mi-28 Havoc. Just like IRL.

...mongol...

Roque_THE_GAMER
2014-01-27, 16:22
what i want to bring here is the hind is to slow than in real life he can go 335 km and the Mi-8 only go 260 km in game mi-8 is faster than hind i will try to make a video proving this.

Spook
2014-01-27, 16:31
i find the hind constantly decimating the CAS Heuy every round on Saaremma.

(I only see the HIND being killed by Cobra, or ground assets., or of course players crashing it)

There you go: Spook's Random Frags - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMVqQzNvLuI#t=14m20s)

I saw the Huey pwning the enemy hinds and havocs alot of times. Just as we did in that video :)

Huey can take alot of damage and is really fast. If enemy CAS attacks you, you can outrun them easily and even heavily damaged, reach the carrier. You just need to try to sneak up on them and they get owned.

Roque_THE_GAMER
2014-01-27, 16:48
There you go: Spook's Random Frags - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMVqQzNvLuI#t=14m20s)

I saw the Huey pwning the enemy hinds and havocs alot of times. Just as we did in that video :)

Huey can take alot of damage and is really fast. If enemy CAS attacks you, you can outrun them easily and even heavily damaged, reach the carrier. You just need to try to sneak up on them and they get owned.

nice one in the Havoc
that's the problem whit hind, he is to slow even to run, the minigun should not make damage on hind, a documentary i watch say he cans resist a .50 shoots.

also see this:
Project Reality 1.0: CAS Huey vs Mi-24 Hind + Hat to the face - YouTube (http://youtu.be/AmZmVYcV8yg)

Inspektura43
2014-01-27, 17:24
I dont know if your testers try shooting each other with choppers before you releasing them but lol if they dont, they probably should...

Roque_THE_GAMER
2014-01-27, 17:48
MI-24 hind vs Mi-8 speed test - YouTube (http://youtu.be/0JV1eubFFXY)

This show how much hind is slower than Mi-8 in game

in real life Mi-8 have 250km max speed and Hind have 335km max so hind is 34% faster in real life

sorry for the poor edit, camtasia ctd all the time wen i edit.

Prevtzer
2014-01-28, 08:13
The Hind should be much faster, IRL it's much faster than the Huey or the Apache. That's not reflected in-game.

@Mongol That was probably just the hit detection doing it's magic on you, Hind always goes down with 1 tank shell. It's so slow and big it makes for a great target.

Imdruid
2014-02-25, 03:26
I honestly think that CAS huey needs a few more hydras with how much damage they don't do now. Just my opinion though. I just think either hydras need to be reworked a little bit.

Roque_THE_GAMER
2014-03-05, 21:34
i will try to make a full Hind feed back this week with videos of my tests

mangeface
2014-03-07, 11:11
I honestly think that CAS huey needs a few more hydras with how much damage they don't do now. Just my opinion though. I just think either hydras need to be reworked a little bit.

That's not gonna happen. You're lucky they have 14. All the years I worked hand in hand with them I never saw one armed with more than 7.

Page 2 of this thread has all supporting info.