PDA

View Full Version : v1.0 Challenger Ice Skating

Pronck
2013-08-29, 17:09
Am I the only noticing that the challenger tends to slide a lot on hills where other tanks don't slide? For Al-Basrah for example on the little hills East of the VCP it tends to slide a lot while in .98 it didn't slide at all.

Stemplus
2013-08-29, 17:46
It's not just the challenger, but warriors, scimitars and stormer slide like this aswell. I heard it's a problem with the model and that it would take some much work that it would be better to just make a new model.

Rhino
2013-08-29, 18:03
I heard it's a problem with the model and that it would take some much work that it would be better to just make a new model.

Nothing wrong with the models in terms of their physics, they are just what you see... Its most likley either down to their coding, or more likley how they where exported and/or their cols in the export, but we don't know what excatly is causing it.

ExeTick
2013-08-29, 18:08
I had the brilliant thinking that it might be that piece of clothing next to the tracks that is causing this?

but ofcourse when I say brilliant it is usually wrong :-P

Rhino
2013-08-29, 18:12
I had the brilliant thinking that it might be that piece of clothing next to the tracks that is causing this?

but ofcourse when I say brilliant it is usually wrong :-P

Child objects can't interact with physics so it wouldn't be that, wouldn't explain why it also happens on woodland maps where it doesn't have the cloth, and wouldn't explain why it also happens to the other vehicles :p

nAyo
2013-08-29, 18:28
Ah yes, this bug is very annoying when you try to drive a challenger on a bumpy terrain..

DesmoLocke
2013-08-29, 20:22
Any chance to apply the code changes made to crates that fixed their sliding problem to certain vehicles?

K4on
2013-08-29, 21:24
its using the same tracks as other tanks have. and there the friction is fine.

for some reason only the brit vehicles are glitching like that =/

Rhino
2013-08-29, 21:27
K4on;1943210']its using the same tracks as other tanks have. and there the friction is fine.

for some reason only the brit vehicles are glitching like that =/

Ye I doubt its the code, its most likley down to the export and/or col mesh.

ExeTick
2013-08-29, 21:55
sounds like its not the easiest thing to fix?

matty1053
2013-09-03, 22:03
Only if they had winter maps. Lol
But I saw the tank on the bridge sliding down. I was like wtf??

ExeTick
2013-09-08, 11:29
is it possible that the challenger start to skate when not a certain pair of "wheels" is touching ground?

this skating usually only begins when you are on a hill or a small elevated area so not all necessary wheels are touching ground.

http://imageshack.us/a/img7/1055/2hzi.jpg
that is what I think might cause problem.

45R0xtfEbQw
and that happend when those 2 wheels did not touch ground. it was way less when 1 wheel was still on ground but when I rammed that tank with a landrover this happend.

ExeTick
2013-09-08, 11:52
maybe it is the same problem with other brittish vehicles that have the same ice skating problem.

Rhino
2013-09-08, 12:29
Think I might see the problem. Not all the springs have the same strength and dampening values where on the vBF2 Type 98 MBT they are all the same values. Committed a fix, haven't tested it ingame but hopefully this fixes the problem :)

ExeTick
2013-09-08, 14:06
Great :-)

I am hopefull that is works!

Murphy
2013-09-10, 17:11
I've been raging at the sliding Armour a lot lately, so I'm hoping this is the solution. Thanks for checking into this bug, if the solution is that easy do you think it can be applied to other tracked vehicles with the same issue (Mostly British iirc)?

ExeTick
2013-09-26, 15:52
Rhino did you have a look at the warrior aswell?

it have the same issues.

Rhino
2013-09-26, 15:56
No I'm really busy with other stuff so I haven't tested it or anything (other than in the editor), which is why I've only also tweaked the challenger as if it brakes it then its only affected on one vehicle which can quickly be fixed and if it fixes it then its a matter of applying it to the other vehicles.

camo
2014-03-23, 09:15
Would this also fix the challenger bouncing around like crazy when tracked?

Hurricane
2014-03-23, 17:57
Would this also fix the challenger bouncing around like crazy when tracked?

This happens with a lot of vehicles if I remember correctly. When the driver jumps out it usually stops.

Roque_THE_GAMER
2014-04-20, 14:41
This happens with a lot of vehicles if I remember correctly. When the driver jumps out it usually stops.

nope, my driver did that and get killed and the tanks seems to bounce more and funny when i fire the cannon affects the shake and also a hat finish me off on that day.

ElshanF
2014-04-20, 16:30
+1 for Roque - every map

X-Alt
2014-04-20, 16:35
+2 to Roque. On Vadso, we were moving through some hilly terrain, try to hold position and it starts sliding downwards, get ATGMd and Tracked, we manage to fire an AP Shell and it bugs off. The Challenger is jumping like its tied to a chair and slowly losing health, getting out does not help and eventually BEEP BEEP BEEP BOOM!