PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle borne ATGM's

Archosaurus
2013-08-14, 21:23
Would it not be possible to up the damage on ATGM's like the BMP-2's Konkurs, but give it a minute's reload time or something, so it can kill most things in one shot but if you miss you missed for good, like in real life?
Same thing for gun delivered ATGM's, loading times are fairly long.

Also, open top ATGM platforms like the Konkurs should require the vehicle to be traveling very slow to be able to load.

Right now its very silly to have to fire a burst of two ATGM's into everything and be able to dump all your missiles if you want. It makes the BMP-2 a ridiculously overpowered killer in my hands at least as even the Challenger 2 goes down in two shots, and you get four.

Kerryburgerking
2013-08-14, 22:16
Would it not be possible to up the damage on ATGM's like the BMP-2's Konkurs, but give it a minute's reload time or something, so it can kill most things in one shot but if you miss you missed for good, like in real life?
Same thing for gun delivered ATGM's, loading times are fairly long.

Also, open top ATGM platforms like the Konkurs should require the vehicle to be traveling very slow to be able to load.

Right now its very silly to have to fire a burst of two ATGM's into everything and be able to dump all your missiles if you want. It makes the BMP-2 a ridiculously overpowered killer in my hands at least as even the Challenger 2 goes down in two shots, and you get four.

Just shoot one missile and finsih him of with AP.

K4on
2013-08-15, 11:39
Thanks for the feedback, it's updated for next version:

UI88S5mZ380

As for gameplay, the BMP-2M ATGM front hit doesn't destroy a MBT instantly, but the chance of disabling it is high.

According to our MA the new fire delay would be alright aswell.

fillsson
2013-08-15, 12:22
Some ATGM's makes you go completely blind when you fire it, it fills your entire screen with smoke. T-90 for example, it's impossible to track a moving target.
Wondering if that's something you guys are looking in to?

Prevtzer
2013-08-15, 16:45
Some ATGM's makes you go completely blind when you fire it, it fills your entire screen with smoke. T-90 for example, it's impossible to track a moving target.

In my experience you are only blinded for the fist second or so, and even that is partly. You should always shoot above your target and then lead the missile into it, that way you will only be blinded momentarily.

Rissien
2013-08-15, 19:45
Killed two Abrams over the course of about 10 seconds or so with a BMP-2. Two ATGMs per tank at range, they never even found out where we were. Did seem a bit OP, as soon as I killed them we high tailed out of there and rearmed at main.

Mikemonster
2013-08-15, 22:24
Bear in mind that PR can't reflect the travel-time for missiles - A tank shell crosses 3km quite quickly, a missile takes quite a while. This removed means the disparity between missiles and tank main guns is smaller than it should be.

A lot of Merkavas were lost to ATGMs though, I'm not presuming they aren't effective.

Apparently the reason most western APC's don't include them on their turrets (i.e. Warrior) is that it's preferred to have dismounts use a HAT weapon instead. Whether PR should reflect this is anyones guess - I.e. the BMP has it's coax AT missile only because the team doesn't have a HAT kit, or vice-versa, the opposing team has one extra HAT kit per APC (for example).

Kerryburgerking
2013-08-16, 09:56
Apparently the reason most western APC's don't include them on their turrets (i.e. Warrior) is that it's preferred to have dismounts use a HAT weapon instead.

I think it's a storage issue.

karambaitos
2013-08-21, 19:29
since https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f254-vehicles/123347-bmp-2m-nerf.html#post1939631
thread was closed why doesnt the BMP-2M have thermals

its shown in this video that it does
Infantry fighting vehicle BMP 2 M (?????? ?????? ?????? ??? 2 ?) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YYU5rdPVcQw#t=239)

along with the sight being completely wrong.

Kerryburgerking
2013-08-22, 09:37
since https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f254-vehicles/123347-bmp-2m-nerf.html#post1939631
thread was closed why doesnt the BMP-2M have thermals

its shown in this video that it does
Infantry fighting vehicle BMP 2 M (?????? ?????? ?????? ??? 2 ?) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YYU5rdPVcQw#t=239)

along with the sight being completely wrong.

The BTR-80 have night sights IRL but it's not issued in the game either. I guess it's for balancing issues.

karambaitos
2013-08-22, 09:48
The BTR-80 have night sights IRL but it's not issued in the game either. I guess it's for balancing issues.

BTR-80 doesnt (well it can, but the part isnt even on the model in PR), its the BTR-82, and 82A, and PR doesnt have night vision for anything.

Kerryburgerking
2013-08-22, 10:04
BTR-80 doesnt (well it can, but the part isnt even on the model in PR), its the BTR-82, and 82A, and PR doesnt have night vision for anything.

Yeah, it's probably too have the NATO forces have the edge over the russians technology wise.

Mats391
2013-08-22, 11:40
I guess you can fire the 2 missiles on the same side simultaneously or with short delay, so how about splitting the ATGM into 2sets of 2 with 10sec reload time in between?

Hurricane
2013-09-26, 12:52

This is still an issue with some vehicles such as the Type 98 imo. The first thing you see once the smoke is gone is the impact of the missile (on an average combat distance), there's no way to track a target and steer the ATGM into it.

I think you guys should definitely keep the effect but maybe reduce the time you're blinded to 1/2 of what it is now.