PDA

View Full Version : v1.0 Open Beta BlackHawk a little bit weak?

Pronck
2013-07-04, 16:09
Yesterday I managed to shoot down a "fresh" blackhawk by shooting an UGL on the rotor and shooting a full AK-47 mag in it, it started smoking and before I knew it the BlackHawk went down. I have the feeling it's a little bit too weak, or is it just because they are also not that strong in RL?

izoiva
2013-07-05, 16:13
BH has no armor IRL, so its realistic.

K4on
2013-07-05, 17:45
you were lucky and hit the critical parts. chopper got disabled and crashed into the ground.
part of the new chopper disabling/damage system.

Eddie Baker
2013-07-05, 17:45
BH has no armor IRL, so its realistic.

Wrong.

Federation of American Scientists :: UH-60 Black Hawk, UH-60L Black Hawk, UH-60Q MEDEVAC, MH-60G Pave Hawk, HH-60G Pave Hawk, CH-60 Sea Hawk (http://www.fas.org/programs/ssp/man/uswpns/air/rotary/sh60.html)

Protective armor on the Black Hawk can withstand hits from 23mm shells.

izoiva
2013-07-06, 13:48
Wrong.

Federation of American Scientists :: UH-60 Black Hawk, UH-60L Black Hawk, UH-60Q MEDEVAC, MH-60G Pave Hawk, HH-60G Pave Hawk, CH-60 Sea Hawk (http://www.fas.org/programs/ssp/man/uswpns/air/rotary/sh60.html)

Only specops using modifications with armor. PR not abot them.
Only armor in standart BH - is armor-protective seats.

Eddie Baker
2013-07-06, 15:37

Nope. Engine and control systems are armored or "ballisticaly tolerant" on conventional UH-60 models.

Souls Of Mischief
2013-07-06, 17:16

Don't argue with Eddie Baker... Just. DON'T.

Navo
2013-07-08, 15:55
Everything seems alright to me, as long as blackhawks go down when the tailrotor is hit.
In the Battle of Mogadishu (Black Hawk Down), Super 6-1 received a direct hit on the tailrotor which inmediately broke down. Super 6-4 received a direct hit on the tailrotor also, remained flying for a while but then it's tailrotor also broke down. The blackhawk that dropped the SAR team at 6-1's crashsite got hit by a RPG near the engines and had to crashland in friendly territory. A blackhawk that resupplied the troops stuck in the city got shot up badly by small arms fire and was unflyable after landing. All this seems similar to damage models in the mod.

Mikemonster
2013-07-15, 18:34
There is a very good thread with lots of references on it for the 0.95/0.98 Blackhawk for anyone wanting to educate themselves more on the topic btw, it's in this Feedback forum I think.