PDA

View Full Version : v1.0 Open Beta Recoil on 20, 25 and 30mm autocannons

Prevtzer
2013-07-04, 11:12
Since this recoil was introduced in the last update it's very awkward to shoot at anything more than 200m away, especially if the target is small and or moving. Unless you kill with your first shot chances are the target will escape because shaking of the cannon and recoil makes it very hard to engage with precision. This really should be brought back to the way it was. We can't shoot on the move as it is, at least let as shoot with precision when stationary.

Thanks!

Prevtzer
2013-07-04, 23:31
Nobody gunning an APC? It's unbearable for me, give some feedback.

DieVoorJe91
2013-07-05, 08:24
As I haven't played the beta yet, I can't really tell. But my expierence as real world gunner, I say that recoil that you can see in your optic is unreal. Your optic moves indepently from your cannon. Also, your cannon is mounted firmly in a craddle. So if there is any recoil its very unlikely that it effects the shooting in any way. Especially if the gun is stabelized.

viirusiiseli
2013-07-05, 09:16
As I haven't played the beta yet, I can't really tell. But my expierence as real world gunner, I say that recoil that you can see in your optic is unreal. Your optic moves indepently from your cannon. Also, your cannon is mounted firmly in a craddle. So if there is any recoil its very unlikely that it effects the shooting in any way. Especially if the gun is stabelized.

If what DieVoor said is true, I'd guess the DEVs made the camera recoil just for the funny feel of it. I agree with Prevtzer, makes gunning any vehicle a pain in the ass unless it's a <200m range. The recoil/guncam rocking feel should be removed. Unlike in the previous patch I now want to use coax for longer ranges, even with the bullet drop it's a better choice than the main gun. Which I assume is also not true IRL.

yellodeath
2013-07-06, 07:58
yeah i'm pretty sure real apc's don't have this, or if they do, the camera/turret is stabilized, it's almost impossible to hit a far away target with the WZ551 on black gold now, due to the screen bouncing up and down every single shot

Hurricane
2013-07-08, 11:45
Almost no feedback on this issue, huh?
I agree with the others here. The recoil on autocannons just feels weird, and I always thought that they were pretty accurate IRL ...

Kerryburgerking
2013-07-11, 11:37
I think the added recoil on the tunguska is absolutely perfect. Makes people be more careful when they use it.

MADsqirrel
2013-07-11, 12:28

What he said.
I am a gunner on the 20mm cannon and there is no noticeable recoil on RL APCs (at least not on the German Marder)

K4on
2013-07-11, 13:22
cheers, gonna inform our responsible dev

K_Rivers
2013-07-11, 17:49
im taking a look as we speak, thanks for bringing it to my attention

qs-racer
2013-07-11, 18:09
I play as gunner in Fools road (with scimitar and warrior). If u want to destroy the stationnary canon, it need at least 30sec because u cannot shot more than 1 or 2 shell before get out of the target.
Recoil is not a bad idea, but there is too much to be fun to play.

Heavy Death
2013-07-17, 15:38
Oddly enough, while gunning a Warrior, i felt little to no recoil. It was pretty short ranges, so that might be it.

yellodeath
2013-07-21, 10:35
Oddly enough, while gunning a Warrior, i felt little to no recoil. It was pretty short ranges, so that might be it.

it's dependant on vehicle i think, if you tried the chinese APC (wz551?) it's just impossible to kill a target at a distance, especially if they are moving

viirusiiseli
2013-07-22, 09:13
Accidental post, please remove :P

K4on
2013-08-05, 01:55
obviously this is not fixed yet. set this as high prio now.