PDA

View Full Version : bouncing challenger

40mmrain
2013-01-27, 19:54
Not sure if this is a bug or not.

But basically, whenever the challenger 2 MBT is tracked, which can happen if youre hit on the front arc, somehow, your tank will bounce, as if it's practically weightless and quite elastic. This renders tracked challengers completely defenseless, and it's fucking impossible too.

The leopard 2 also spazzes out when tracked. Is there any way to make this mechanic less.. violent?

Tim270
2013-01-27, 20:23
Hmm, one would assume this down to the cols.

Ever seen it happen with another vehicles than these two?

Xander[nl]
2013-01-27, 20:30
Tim270;1858786']Hmm, one would assume this down to the cols.

Ever seen it happen with another vehicles than these two?

Not as far as I know, but the Challenger bug has been around for ages. I assumed the PR team was aware of it.

It usually gets tracked normally, but once a person tries to drive the tank while tracked it doesn't just go around in circles, it starts bouncing up and down like crazy. It makes it impossible to shoot, and it kills any crewman that tries to get out or in. This means that even when you're able to fully field repair the tank, you can't use it because you need to get in it and press a move button for the track effect to go away. Trying to jump on usually means death though.

SShadowFox
2013-01-27, 20:53
It also happens to The Gary.

40mmrain
2013-01-27, 21:26
Yeah, all other vehicles seem to track quite soundly.

Though I dont think ive ever seen a tracked abrams.

chrisweb89
2013-01-27, 22:03
The challenger and warrior are the only vehicles I have ever seen this on. It isn't just some light bouncing, it is like a bunch of 5 year olds on a bouncy kingdom.

Tit4Tat
2013-01-27, 23:23
bouncy kingdom.

lol why kingdom? its a castle....bouncy castle :)

As people have already said, Chally 2 and Warrior are the ones who love to boogie to a point of having a heart attack. I'm pretty sure I've seen other vehicles do it but i cant remember.

Mikemonster
2013-01-29, 20:56
Brit logi also, when destroyed. Rocks across the map lol. Funny thing is, I've got used to it and would find it odd now if it didn't.

40mmrain
2013-01-31, 01:55
the wrecked models do that, but no one really cares about that. The issue with the challenger is once its tracked it's easily as good as dead, which doesnt reflect the way it was designed by the devs.

Stealthgato
2013-02-01, 00:17
There were bug reports on this ages ago, it also still happens with the Warrior.

The bouncing when de-tracked happens with all vehicles, some more than others (it can go from the Challengers and Warrior massive bouncing to BMP-3s and BRDMs slight vibration which makes it impossible to hit anything at range), which makes the de-tracked vehicle's defending of itself quite harder. This needs to be addressed imo - maybe just simply immobilise the vehicle instead of having it's suspension mess up which causes the bouncing issue.

the wrecked models do that, but no one really cares about that.

I do - not only does it look retarded watching a 4+ tonne vehicle bouncing around like it weighs nothing at all but if you have the misfortune of touching one it can make you dead instantly.

chrisweb89
2013-02-01, 00:57
The other vehicles and their slight bounce when tracked is an issue, but not compared to thew arrior and challenger, you can't even hit a close target like that.

Xavo|xXx
2013-02-01, 01:29
Yep, the bouncing logi is probably the destroyed collision mesh, since the frame gets all warped when it's destroyed. You could probably solve it buy making the whole collision mesh just a simple box or rectangle.

The Warrior and Challenger are definitely outliers with the whole tracked thing. You can sometimes manage to escape the chally when it's bouncing, but unless you jump from something a bit higher and press E straight away after landing directly on the hatch, you're dead meat.

Steeps
2013-03-01, 19:12
Has this ever been fixed or looked at by the Dev team? I just had a tracked Challenger bouncing so much it literally did a back flip. It also bounced enough that it eventually killed itself before repairs could come.

Blondey
2013-03-01, 23:40
I reported that here :)

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f26-pr-bf2-bugs/118284-0-981-challenger-tank-tracked-bug.html

ExeTick
2013-05-13, 22:22
I thought I would hijack this thread a little bit.

Snip- to try and prevent exploitation until fix is distributed

Rudd

Rudd
2013-05-13, 22:31
Afaik, that is fixed for next version

ExeTick
2013-05-13, 22:57
great :-) pissed me off when I got killed like the way I explained.

Xander[nl]
2013-05-14, 06:25
If you're talking about what I think you're talking about (something to do with the Challenger's gun eh), I already reported that to Rhino some months ago and he fixed it indeed.