PDA

View Full Version : Map PR:Falklands v0.182 Server Side Patch

Rhino
2012-10-08, 04:57
Hey guys,

I've tried my best to fix all the bugs and gameplay issues as best I can with just a server side patch and while I haven't been able to fix all of them, I have been able to fix more than I thought I would be able to though just a server side patch.

Quick Change Log of the bugs fixes and gameplay tweaks:
Fixed the Argentine Deployable AA, wasn't deploying before.
Fixed/Improved the Carrier Phalanx Guns and ZPU-4 AAA Guns from lagging the server when fired.
Fixed bug where one could solo with the Scimitar.
Made the Dagger and Mirage IIIEA (Anti-Ship Version Only) "bleed" when in critical damage, before you where able to fly back to main without issues even thou your jet had been on fire for the past 5mins.
Increased Scimitar Delayed Spawn Time from 20 to 30 mins on AAS 128, 64, 32 & 16 layers.
Drastically Reduced Jet Spawn Times on VW64 layer. Sea Harriers have a 15sec spawn time, Mirage IIIEA, IAI Daggers and A-4C Skyhawks have 10secs, Harrier GR3 (A [GPB] and C [Rockets]) and the A-1H Skyraider have a 1min spawn times and Harrier GR3 (B) with LGB and Mirage IIIEA with Anti-Ship Missile have 10min spawns.
Increased the Max Nr. To Spawn of most Jets on VW64 layer so there is never a lack of them even on a 128 server, limiting factor is mainly how many you can move off from the spawn time now.

Note: Since this is a Server Side Patch only, as a Player (Client) you don't need to do anything more to get these fixes other than join a server running the most updated version of PR:F.

Server Admins: Please check the Server License CP Downloads area for the latest updates and apply them to your server.

This is however by far not the end of the road to fixing all the bugs and gameplay issues in PR:F. Some we may have to live with for some time but hopefully we will be able to fix some more with possibly another server side update, possibly even a client side update although we would like to avoid that if possible in the short run.

On a slightly unrelated note, since some players don't quite know where some of the rearm points are for the jets/choppers at the airbases/carriers here they are so everyone knows :D
Key:
Blue = Reloads Both Jets & Choppers
Red = Only Reloads either/or Jets / Choppers.

HMS Invincible:
http://i.imgur.com/4zoQ7.jpg

Atlantic Conveyor:
http://i.imgur.com/ep9Za.jpg

Argentina, BAM Rio Grenade:
http://i.imgur.com/6TwgD.jpg

Pebble Island:
http://i.imgur.com/Xq0Lf.jpg

Port Stanley:
http://i.imgur.com/JRGTq.jpg

Hope you all like the tweaks and stay tuned for more updates! :D

rPoXoTauJIo
2012-10-08, 05:06
Yay, no more lag cannon :)

But... have been tested situation when all harriers firing from their gunz simultaneously?

Rhino
2012-10-08, 05:09
The "Lag Cannons" haven't been 100% tested as we where not able to get 64 players in the test server to fully stress it out but with a 1/2 full server with around 32 players in it, it wasn't causing any lag but the real test for it has yet to come on a full server with lots of action going on.

40mmrain
2012-10-08, 05:31
yay I feel like im helping.

ill make sure to tell everyone it's been updated.

Rhino
2012-10-08, 05:51
yay I feel like im helping.

hehe, on large part based off yours and others feedback and bug reports :D

ShockUnitBlack
2012-10-08, 07:19
Awesome! Thanks for your hard work Rhino!

Arc_Shielder
2012-10-08, 09:24
I assume you worked all night on this. Thanks Rhino.

Predator.v2
2012-10-08, 09:49
AwesomeRhino strikes back!

DonDOOM
2012-10-08, 10:01
Nice one, once again Rhino!

The "lag cannon" was probably the worst bug. Thanks for your awesome dedication!

Mineral
2012-10-08, 10:15
I had to shout 'do not use gatling guns!!' every 5 min on the 100p server :D Amazing how much you were able to fix without the need for a new client release. I believe you covered all major bugs. Good work :)

ChallengerCC
2012-10-08, 10:29
For my point Falkands-Mod is great. Two thinks that i dont like is:

- Spawntimes of Jets are way way way to short. 5 min for Jets? A constant noise in the air and wasting assets is the result. No value.

- 2 APCs for Argentinia (AAV) on AAS Layouts. / 2 APCs for Brits (1 Skimi/APC) for troop transportation and support. Also to reduce the effectivness of sniper/marksmans.

Psyko
2012-10-08, 12:08

Do you think this layout might cause collisions?

rPoXoTauJIo
2012-10-08, 12:26
I think on this image we can see only reload points, not objectspawner's ;)

K4on
2012-10-08, 12:29
Sniper/marksman are fine. Their zoomlevel is less than modern PR.

=HCM= Shwedor
2012-10-08, 13:58

I'd say any layout with so many jets on such a small carrier will cause collisions. Especially considering heli pilots feel the need to land at any spot they please, resulting in planes spawning ontop of them. No really great fix though except making the internal space of the carrier and forcing planes to reload below decks to keep the top clear.

brezmans
2012-10-08, 15:41
Nice one. Running it on the HOG server, will give feedback if needed. Good job on the fast patching, Rhino!

Orford
2012-10-08, 16:48
Will let you know how the changes work out. So far no crashes.

Thanks for the quick update.

rPoXoTauJIo
2012-10-08, 17:48
As one man said(forgot one, sry), "You can mod the game, but you can't mod the players"
The idea with VW with jets was good, but now...
This is what we getting at VW with average pr players:
Shot 1 (http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/7634/bf220121008182438629.jpg)
Shot 2 (http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/2901/bf220121008182450258.jpg)
I'm pretty sure that if we had more organized average pr player, there won't be any problem with landing\taking off from the carrier in a planned order, but now all just going mad, and the only solution i see - add moar carriers :)

Rhino
2012-10-08, 18:27
For my point Falkands-Mod is great. Two thinks that i dont like is:

- Spawntimes of Jets are way way way to short. 5 min for Jets? A constant noise in the air and wasting assets is the result. No value.

- 2 APCs for Argentinia (AAV) on AAS Layouts. / 2 APCs for Brits (1 Skimi/APC) for troop transportation and support. Also to reduce the effectivness of sniper/marksmans.

Not all jets have a 5min spawn time, but most of them do yes. I don't agree this leads to wasting assets and especially don't agree with them having no value. They are not wasted since they still cost 10 tickets each, and also are of value not just because of that, but if you don't have them up, then the enemy rules the air and will beat the crap out of anything on the ground if not confronted by an enemy jet, which is what the 5min spawn allows.

Less than if the reload points where on the runway like in vBF2 (although in vBF2 they are technically above the runway :p)

http://i.imgur.com/ElbbZ.jpg

(this is how it was before I edited it, red = jets, blue = choppers).

BTW if there is any confusion this hasn't been updated in the Server Side Patch, I'm only putting it here so players can see it :D

brezmans
2012-10-08, 21:13
Running smooth here, no complaints. Being able to build AA as argentinians balances the gameplay a bit more :)

We just had this game on HOG:

http://i.imgur.com/W4ahm.png

40 tix on a map with a 1000 tix each, I love it.

illidur
2012-10-09, 10:27
nice job. you kicked failure in the nuts.

Prevtzer
2012-10-10, 09:53
Good job!

Megagoth1702
2012-10-10, 21:17
Awesome! Thanks for your hard work!

Dr_Death
2012-10-12, 03:07
still waiting for the patch where you fix the weapon parkinson textures and the argentinean planes lag that make the dogfighting a nightmare, also, still waiting for the A-4AR, fixing the FOB AA crashing the server, and tweaking the VW mode on capturing the flag (there have to be 6 planes close to the flag at all time to capture it)

Rhino
2012-10-12, 03:20
still waiting for the patch where you fix the weapon parkinson textures and the argentinean planes lag that make the dogfighting a nightmare, also, still waiting for the A-4AR, fixing the FOB AA crashing the server, and tweaking the VW mode on capturing the flag (there have to be 6 planes close to the flag at all time to capture it)

I'm sorry I've not heard of pretty much any of this, if your "still waiting" then its probably because you haven't reported them, or for some other reason.

the "weapon parkinson textures", I take it your referring to the vertex wobbling? This is a side effect in BF2 from having such large maps, and only happens when your very far away from the centre of the map. As you get close to the centre of the map again, pretty much anywhere on the islands then its hardly noticeable, although in Stanley you can see it a bit since that's almost on the edge of the 8km area. There is nothing we can do on this engine to fix this, its just how the engine was made and it wasn't made to deal with this size of map.

"argentinean planes lag", first I've heard of it? Care to go into more detail? Ideally in the correct topic? https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f562-pr-falklands-general-discussion/115358-pr-f-v0-1-bug-reports.html

You do realize the A-4AR wasn't made until 1996 and didn't enter service in the Argentine AF until 1998 and as such, wasn't in the Falklands War. In fact it was made because of the Falklands War... Only the A-4B, A-4C and A-4Q where in the war so you can wait all you like for it to come in, it isn't going to :p
EDIT: The only way the A-4AR could get into PR is if a modern Argentinian faction was made for it, but I'm personally not going to do that, but your more than welcome to.

The deployable AA wasn't (or isn't) crashing any servers to my knowledge, again if it is, no one has reported it, but the Argentine Deployable AA not deploying was fixed in this patch.

And yes, the VW mode amount of players to cap is something that e hope to fix in time but its quite a complicated bit of code to edit and without the orignal creator of the code its not a straight forward thing to fix. Only one person in our team currently can fix it and he's pretty busy at the mo so decided to release this patch without this fix as otherwise you still wouldn't have all the other fixes this patch brings :p

So Dr Death, I would suggest if you want something to happen, do something about it yourself, even if its just a bug report at the very least otherwise, its not going to get fixed unless someone else reports it and then that on its own might not be enough info to fix it on.

Dr_Death
2012-10-12, 17:59
Rhino;1824072']I'm sorry I've not heard of pretty much any of this, if your "still waiting" then its probably because you haven't reported them, or for some other reason.

the "weapon parkinson textures", I take it your referring to the vertex wobbling? This is a side effect in BF2 from having such large maps, and only happens when your very far away from the centre of the map. As you get close to the centre of the map again, pretty much anywhere on the islands then its hardly noticeable, although in Stanley you can see it a bit since that's almost on the edge of the 8km area. There is nothing we can do on this engine to fix this, its just how the engine was made and it wasn't made to deal with this size of map.

"argentinean planes lag", first I've heard of it? Care to go into more detail? Ideally in the correct topic? https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f562-pr-falklands-general-discussion/115358-pr-f-v0-1-bug-reports.html

You do realize the A-4AR wasn't made until 1996 and didn't enter service in the Argentine AF until 1998 and as such, wasn't in the Falklands War. In fact it was made because of the Falklands War... Only the A-4B, A-4C and A-4Q where in the war so you can wait all you like for it to come in, it isn't going to :p
EDIT: The only way the A-4AR could get into PR is if a modern Argentinian faction was made for it, but I'm personally not going to do that, but your more than welcome to.

The deployable AA wasn't (or isn't) crashing any servers to my knowledge, again if it is, no one has reported it, but the Argentine Deployable AA not deploying was fixed in this patch.

And yes, the VW mode amount of players to cap is something that e hope to fix in time but its quite a complicated bit of code to edit and without the orignal creator of the code its not a straight forward thing to fix. Only one person in our team currently can fix it and he's pretty busy at the mo so decided to release this patch without this fix as otherwise you still wouldn't have all the other fixes this patch brings :p

So Dr Death, I would suggest if you want something to happen, do something about it yourself, even if its just a bug report at the very least otherwise, its not going to get fixed unless someone else reports it and then that on its own might not be enough info to fix it on.

thanks for the info about the A-4, i had NO idea about it, and cant no one change the engien in this texture bug? i am sure is related to the planes lag on the movement and cockpit, because this dont happen on the HMS, however, they are way closer to the center of the map, and like i said before, that make dogfighting almost a nightmare for the Arg. planes.

And the Arg. AA bug is when you mount on one, on the argentinean side, tryed it on the AAS on the night, the server didn't crashed, the connection did (thats what i meant) i lost connection, it was that, or a CTD after pressing E to get in the AA

oh, and maybe you will want to take a look on the planes HUD, i get it, its the first public relase and not every plane have the same weapons, but the HUD for the planes is.... very wrong sometimes (for example, % of power display dissapear when changing weapons, or the language/color change when doing that, etc.)

may i suggest to add an argentinean chinook to the main base? or try to make a C-130?

some.... noobs get as rifleman in the tierra del fuego airbase and they have no way to get to the islands.

no, there were no paratroopers for the arg. army in the falklands war, and there is no runway, but they may could land the C-130 on pebble island or you could make some kit with a parachute.

Rhino
2012-10-12, 20:57
and cant no one change the engien in this texture bug? i am sure is related to the planes lag on the movement and cockpit, because this dont happen on the HMS, however, they are way closer to the center of the map, and like i said before, that make dogfighting almost a nightmare for the Arg. planes.

Going to need more info on this. I very much doubt its down to the vertex wobble, all that's about is the engine looses its accuracy it can place vertexes when getting further away from the centre of the map and no, to my knowledge no way to fix it.

Do the Arg jets still lag when you've flown them to the centre of the map?

Also what are your system specs and game video settings?

And the Arg. AA bug is when you mount on one, on the argentinean side, tryed it on the AAS on the night, the server didn't crashed, the connection did (thats what i meant) i lost connection, it was that, or a CTD after pressing E to get in the AA

Which AA would this be? There are quite a few and was it the AA at Stanley, Pebble or Argentina?

oh, and maybe you will want to take a look on the planes HUD, i get it, its the first public relase and not every plane have the same weapons, but the HUD for the planes is.... very wrong sometimes (for example, % of power display dissapear when changing weapons, or the language/color change when doing that, etc.)

HUDs are only temporary right now, taken from other jets which is why pretty much all of them don't have the right missile/cannon names etc. In time we will look into making custom ones for each jet :)

may i suggest to add an argentinean chinook to the main base? or try to make a C-130?

some.... noobs get as rifleman in the tierra del fuego airbase and they have no way to get to the islands.

no, there were no paratroopers for the arg. army in the falklands war, and there is no runway, but they may could land the C-130 on pebble island or you could make some kit with a parachute.

C-130 would be pretty pointless as per this topic: https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f563-pr-f-suggestions/110445-c-130-truck-delivery-spawn.html

Argentines may get a Chinook in the future on some layers like Infantry but I don't want to give too much flexability to the Argentinian side since they didn't use their choppers to assault positions like how they would be used ingame.

Dr_Death
2012-10-13, 08:41
my PC is a Win 7 Pro 64 bits with 8 gb ram, Ati 6950, Intel i5 and 2 tb hard drive, i dont think this is useful, i haven't seen no one complaining about this before but i am pretty sure this is universal, and no, the problem dont get fixed when the plane get closer to the center

and i mean the FOB AA, when you are on the arg. side and make a FOB, and then deploy some AA defences, at least happened once to me, it CTD when i entered

Rhino
2012-10-13, 08:59
Not heard one other person complain about Arg Jet lag?

and i mean the FOB AA, when you are on the arg. side and make a FOB, and then deploy some AA defences, at least happened once to me, it CTD when i entered

Just you? If so its possibly from being out of memory when trying to load the deployable AA HUD etc but unlikely, and yes I know you have 8gbs, but BF2 is 32bit so limited to only so much memory.

Pvt.LHeureux
2012-10-13, 10:38
Rhino, the argies "jet lag" is that the movements are not smooth when you use barrel or pull up, push down. It's like if your jet was taking huge steps instead of turning smoothly the body.

Rhino
2012-10-13, 10:45
not experienced that myself or heard anyone else say it. Take your referring to the Mirage/Dagger. Also I take it your not mistaking its slow turn which is deliberate since its a dealt wing aircraft.

Pvt.LHeureux
2012-10-13, 10:53
Yeah I'm reffering to the Mirrage/Dagger. I think it has more to do with lag than anything else. But if you want to have a look you can see it in this video :

Battlefield 2 Project Reality: NEW Falklands Argentinian jets (Mirage IIIEA) dogfights - YouTube (http://youtu.be/NhlJRlJFd2o?t=3m2s)

The planes movements are clunky/jerky sometimes.

Rhino
2012-10-13, 10:56
what FPS are you getting when flying the jet?

Pvt.LHeureux
2012-10-13, 11:18
I never play with FPS display programs :|

Rhino
2012-10-13, 11:27
type "renderer.drawfps 1" without the quotes into the conceal (`).

Pvt.LHeureux
2012-10-13, 11:46
Wow, thanks never knew that. Shame renderer.drawhud0 doesn't work anymore on dedi servers :razz:

Rhino
2012-10-13, 12:00
You can thank me by telling me what FPS you have when flying the Mirage :p

Pvt.LHeureux
2012-10-13, 12:16
I got more Normandy stuff to do sorry, gonna have an event soon to test Brecourt, have to set things up with AD :razz: