PDA

View Full Version : PR:F v0.1 Bug Reports

Rhino
2012-10-05, 21:42
Please post all bug reports in this topic.

Known Issue:

Altitude is 10,000m when at sea level, this isn't so much of a bug, just a side effect from having such a large map.
Models "wobble" when in main bases, this is due to being so far away from the centre of the map, when you get closer its fine.

ExeTick
2012-10-05, 22:05
vehicles are moving ALLOT on deck. you have to be awake so your airplane or heli is not going down in the sea.

not really a bug I think but god damn annoying.

ExeTick
2012-10-05, 22:26
another thing I noticed is that when you get killed in a harrier you get minus score I died twice and I had -180 teamwork points.

you lose much points in both the point systems when you get killed.

jorge_prargentina
2012-10-05, 23:17
im crash to desktop when creating local in all layers.

Redamare
2012-10-05, 23:37
Something i noticed which IS NOT A BUG but could be fixed ..... is while in the control room on the ship you can not see the deck below on the runway... if its possible code a camera control where ... when you look DOWN at the floor the camera will move forward and elevate upwards simulating the person walking up to the window and looking down at the deck below... Same goes with looking into the sky ... When looking up at the ceiling the camera should drop lower and move foward simulating bending down and looking up out of the window. :P

Kevokpo
2012-10-05, 23:51
in 64 layer map if you spawn on argentine Main base where the mirages and A4 spawns you get an instant CTD
Tested on PRLatinoamerica Server 1

ubermensche
2012-10-06, 00:09
PR:F makes my Coop crash. It worked fine, but after I installed Falklands, when I click "deploy", it automatically CTDs. I tried reinstalling PR by dumping all the files into the recycle bin, taking an old version of 0.966 and copying it back. I then proceeded to install the 0.973 patch. All worked great, but after I installed Falklands, CTD again.

EDIT: It doesn't just make my coop crash, but any PR game that I wanna start.

hardcore_pig
2012-10-06, 00:43
Got the same problem that ?bermensch mentions. Crash as soon as I try and start a server, no matter what map i try. I can join servers though.

After trying the debugger (renamed BF2_r.exe to BF2.exe) and looking at the logs, it told me there was an error loading some python stuff. The last call it made, was this file: "H:/Project Reality/Repo/pr_repo/python/game/realityinit.py", line 25, in ?
It complains of a missing "realityvietnam" module.

D:\DiceCanada\BoosterPack2\Code\BF2\Game\GameServe r\GameServer.cpp(624): Info: GameServer: Loading map list from @HOME@/Profiles/0003/mapList.con
D:\DiceCanada\BoosterPack2\Code\BF2\Game\MatchMaki ng\Server\GameSpyBackend.cpp(102): Debug: Server: dep: waiting for common gamespy backend check
D:\DiceCanada\BoosterPack2\Code\BF2\Game\MatchMaki ng\Server\GameSpyBackend.cpp(115): Debug: Server: dep: initializing QR2
D:\DiceCanada\BoosterPack2\Code\BF2\Game\MatchMaki ng\Server\GameSpyBackend.cpp(143): Debug: Server: dep: initializing gcdkey w/ QR2 integration
D:\DiceCanada\BoosterPack2\Code\BF2\Game\MatchMaki ng\Server\MatchMakingServer.cpp(17): Info: Server: dep: mm backend gs_qr2 successfully added
D:\DiceCanada\BoosterPack2\Code\BF2\Game\Python\Py thonHost.cpp(1032): Info: Python: python: stdout: Project Reality constants loaded
D:\DiceCanada\BoosterPack2\Code\BF2\Game\Python\Py thonHost.cpp(281): Error: Python: bf2 init_module failed: stderr: Traceback (most recent call last):
stderr: File "python\bf2\__init__.py", line 78, in init_module
stderr: import game.scoringCommon
stderr: File "mods/pr/python\game\__init__.py", line 8, in ?
stderr: import realityinit
stderr: File "H:/Project Reality/Repo/pr_repo/python/game/realityinit.py", line 25, in ?
stderr: ImportError: No module named realityvietnam

and the other log

Registrating event 62 as GrapplingHookContainerDetachEvent
Registrating event 63 as GrapplingHookCreateEvent
Registrating event 64 as GrapplingHookUpdateEvent
Registrating event 65 as PlayerTearGassedEvent
Registrating event 66 as SetNightVisionEvent
Registrating event 68 as VerifyPlayerTeamEvent
Registrating event 69 as FixPlayerTeamEvent
Debug assertion failed!

Version: 1.1.2878-710.0 Build date:2006-5-4 19:3
Active object template: S_Wind
Module: Console
File: D:\DiceCanada\BoosterPack2\Code\BF2\IO\Console\Con sole.cpp
Line: 1407

Expression: 0
Text: Unknown object or method!: sv.bandwidthChoke 0 (@HOME@/Profiles/Default/ServerSettings.con)

Current confile:@HOME@/Profiles/Default/ServerSettings.con
Debug assertion failed!

Version: 1.1.2878-710.0 Build date:2006-5-4 19:3
Active object template: S_Wind
Module: Python
File: D:\DiceCanada\BoosterPack2\Code\BF2\Game\Python\Py thonHost.cpp
Line: 281

Text: bf2 init_module failed: stderr: Traceback (most recent call last):
stderr: File "python\bf2\__init__.py", line 78, in init_module
stderr: import game.scoringCommon
stderr: File "mods/pr/python\game\__init__.py", line 8, in ?
stderr: import realityinit
stderr: File "H:/Project Reality/Repo/pr_repo/python/game/realityinit.py", line 25, in ?
stderr: ImportError: No module named realityvietnam

I hope you can use this information.

EDIT: I do not have vietnam DLC installed

BloodyDeed
2012-10-06, 00:57
Crashing to desktop when not having vietnam installed is a known issue.
Install vietnam and after that falklands will solve that issue.
Thanks for the detailed report anyway.

Kevokpo
2012-10-06, 01:47
I figured out that you cannot go out of bounds (minimap) while being in the argentine team, as we couldn't spawn on the airfield we wanted to got to the airfield using the chopper, but as soon as we went out of the minimap the game crashed we noticed that this happens on every layer (we didn't tried on skirmish tough as we don't have any air trans vehicle)

Another thing I noticed is when you want to take off the "pucara" (Skyraider) it's like the speed jumps from 100 to 60 and then goes up to 100 and keeps going up and then falls again and goes up and over and over again, till you take off (all this in much less than a second) and it feels like if it is jumping I don't know if the same happens when you are landing too as I got killed as soon as I took off :/

the fact that argies cannot use planes is annoying... as I said previously all this was done in our server PRLatinoamerica 1.
I'will try to record some of the bugs and post them here, hope not to find too many ;)

EDIT: sorry for editing so many times, We just loaded the 32 players layer (same as 64 but night) and the arg team can spawn on the airfield and use the planes.

another thing that had been reported, not clearly is that when you build a fixed AA emplacement, when you get out of it you get out in another part of the map, haven't recreated it yet but a friend told me that

Jolly
2012-10-06, 02:28
No one mentioned about that lagging gun on brits carrier?
It horrible when some firing that, the rest of 63 have to suffer horrible lag.

ubermensche
2012-10-06, 02:55
BloodyDeed;1822199']Crashing to desktop when not having vietnam installed is a known issue.
Install vietnam and after that falklands will solve that issue.
Thanks for the detailed report anyway.

Nope, doesn't work for me... :'(.

I'll try reinstalling PR completely tomorrow. This is really bugging me off...

Rhino
2012-10-06, 03:43
in 64 layer map if you spawn on argentine Main base where the mirages and A4 spawns you get an instant CTD
Tested on PRLatinoamerica Server 1

I figured out that you cannot go out of bounds (minimap) while being in the argentine team, as we couldn't spawn on the airfield we wanted to got to the airfield using the chopper, but as soon as we went out of the minimap the game crashed we noticed that this happens on every layer (we didn't tried on skirmish tough as we don't have any air trans vehicle)

EDIT: sorry for editing so many times, We just loaded the 32 players layer (same as 64 but night) and the arg team can spawn on the airfield and use the planes.

This doesn't happen to most people, my guess is that your very low on memory, and as soon as you get close to Argentina and its jet, you need to load all its textures and you don't have enough free memory to do that and as a result, you CTD.

There are two things you can try for me to confirm this.

1. Lower your GFX settings so everything is on low, then try spawning there. If everything is already all on low then you can't try this one.
2. Try loading up AAS 16 (Infantry) and flying to Argentina if you haven't already done so (if you have, plz confirm you have?) and see if you crash then. Also can you please note at what exact time do you crash, is it when Argentina comes into sight, when you get close to the airbase or excatly when you leave the minimap, or outside of the minimap area but randomly at some point in the water when you get close to Argentina etc?

another thing that had been reported, not clearly is that when you build a fixed AA emplacement, when you get out of it you get out in another part of the map, haven't recreated it yet but a friend told me that

Sounds odd, can you try to confirm this? Not had it happen to me.

No one mentioned about that lagging gun on brits carrier?
It horrible when some firing that, the rest of 63 have to suffer horrible lag.

Known issue, we are going to try and look into it but don't think we can fix this one serverside. Unfortunately didn't come up in testing due to us not testing it with many players on the server :(

Keep them coming guys. We are going to look into trying to fix a bunch of bugs server side where possible as noted above but there is only so much we can fix this way.

titsmcgee852
2012-10-06, 03:46
I can't even install it. Says I need to have PR 0.97 installed and I clearly already do. Can anyone help?

ubermensche
2012-10-06, 03:48
I really don't get why it isn't working. I completely reinstalled PR with the 3 .exe files. Installed Vietnam and then installed Falklands. Why is it keeping on CTDing at the start???

Rhino
2012-10-06, 03:59
Can we keep this to bug reports please guys?

I can't even install it. Says I need to have PR 0.97 installed and I clearly already do. Can anyone help?

Can we keep this to this topic? https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f562-pr-falklands-general-discussion/115351-dont-have-pr-0-973-installed-wtf.html#post1822232

I really don't get why it isn't working. I completely reinstalled PR with the 3 .exe files. Installed Vietnam and then installed Falklands. Why is it keeping on CTDing at the start???

If its just PR:F crashing then it might be due to being out of memory, if its all PR maps then no idea. Best if you make a new topic in the PR:BF2 support forums about it?

Jolly
2012-10-06, 04:47

Same issue here, CTD if I am trying to start any local server.:(

Rhino
2012-10-06, 04:52
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27-pr-bf2-support/115365-ctd-after-falklands.html

MirrorsEdge
2012-10-06, 14:48
Rhino and Ironclad,

Last night, you both probably witnessed this, but at the end of the round, instead of giving the score, the server just crashes, this happened twice now when running VW. I'm going to test it again and make the round last 10 minutes and see what happens. Is there a file on the server that I can paste about the crash at the end of the round?

Thanks

Battleghost - Reality Falklands server

MrTomRobs
2012-10-06, 15:00
Whenever i have the L9A1 SLP selected as a pilot, the slide, hammer and the slide holding pin keep wobbling around on top of each other with the movement of the players hands.

I also noticed that the iron sights on the L1A1 SLR do not re-align when you move around when aiming. E.g. if you aim at a point, the iron sights will be aligned correctly. However, move left or right, or even up or down, the sight picture will remain in the position that they moved to with the 3D iron sight effect. So if you moved your aim to the left, the rear iron sight will remain in the normal position, but the front iron sight will be aligned to the left, with the left post being obscured.

RobsEDIT - Just read the OP, my first PR:F round was at night time (and got a kill, amazingly!) so i couldn't see if it was an issue there, but the ones i've noticed were on the VW layer, and only tested on the carrier, so i'm not entirely sure if it's still valid when it's on the islands or within the minimap boundaries.

AfterDune
2012-10-06, 15:15
If you CTD after installing the Falklands, try this:

Download this: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/10442127/realityvietnam.pyc

Place it in:

[your BF2 folder]/mods/pr/python/game/

That should fix it.

hardcore_pig
2012-10-06, 15:23
Installing Vietnam and then Falklands fixed the problem for me.

Using the debugger the way I did could possibly help some of you.

Cheers for the fast answer btw.

Kevokpo
2012-10-06, 15:44
Rhino;1822228']This doesn't happen to most people, my guess is that your very low on memory, and as soon as you get close to Argentina and its jet, you need to load all its textures and you don't have enough free memory to do that and as a result, you CTD.

There are two things you can try for me to confirm this.

1. Lower your GFX settings so everything is on low, then try spawning there. If everything is already all on low then you can't try this one.
2. Try loading up AAS 16 (Infantry) and flying to Argentina if you haven't already done so (if you have, plz confirm you have?) and see if you crash then. Also can you please note at what exact time do you crash, is it when Argentina comes into sight, when you get close to the airbase or excatly when you leave the minimap, or outside of the minimap area but randomly at some point in the water when you get close to Argentina etc?

this happened, not to me only but every single pleyer, in our server, trying to spawn or reach the main airfield, the admin of the server who has an I7 with about 8 gigs of ram (or more don't know exactly) also crashed when trying to spawn there, he was the one that tried to go to the airfield using the helo and told me that when he left the minimap he CTD, only him and the co-pilot, not the server. after the crash, both pilot and Co-pilot created a local lan by their own and they could spawn in the arg. main airfield (both have very good PC specs and play BF3 at full res, so you get an idea how their pc's are)

I already play with everything in low settings, but the fact is that then we played the 32 layer and everbody could spawn without any problems.

that's why I don't think its a memory error, I have 3 gb of ram and never had a ctd in my life.

Rhino;1822228']
Sounds odd, can you try to confirm this? Not had it happen to me.

yes when I heard it I didn't believe him at first, he told me the same happened to him in the Vietnam beta, but I will confirm and give details later when he gets online

MrTomRobs
2012-10-06, 16:05
Same issue here, CTD if I am trying to start any local server.:(

I'm also getting CTDs trying to load in a local server.

AfterDune
2012-10-06, 16:28
Then do as I suggested a few posts ago.

ExeTick
2012-10-06, 16:41
I do not recommend to use the automatic AA gun HMS invincible have. I was firing for a few seconds and the entire server start to lag.

Pvt.LHeureux
2012-10-06, 19:20
Yes, the minigun on the HMS is called the Lag Cannon.

ubermensche
2012-10-06, 19:31
I managed to play the game on some bot supported maps. But it crashes after 5 minutes of gameplay,, with no errors showing when running in windowed mode. Any reason to this?

rPoXoTauJIo
2012-10-06, 20:33
Found 2 bugs:
1. Some problems with huey hud, still see it on 7,8,9, POVs.
2. British grenades don't want to explode!:(

Mongolian_dude
2012-10-07, 02:05
GB Std Marksmen kit (FAL x4 optic) has an issue where the ejection port continuously opens and closes as if the operator is firing two rounds every second, despite not actually firing any. This does not occur when the weapon is lowered, but when it is raised and scoped in.

...mongol...

Rhino
2012-10-07, 02:13
Mongolian_dude;1822555']GB Std Marksmen kit (FAL x4 optic) has an issue where the ejection port continuously opens and closes as if the operator is firing two rounds every second, despite not actually firing any. This does not occur when the weapon is lowered, but when it is raised and scoped in.

...mongol...

Wouldn't happen to have a screenshot or better yet, video of this would you? :D

40mmrain
2012-10-07, 02:36
I can confirm that the argie AA is definitely impossible to place

http://i.imgur.com/PZPJR.jpg

just a continuous message

sammya
2012-10-07, 05:53
Not sure how true this is but I was told in order to get to where the Argentina base is on the bottom left corner I had to fly a minute past the map to get to it. On my way there I started to see land then out of no where I got a CTD which hasn't happened yet since the release of PR 0.97.

Not sure if this is in relation to the Argentina spawn bug or not.

godfather_596
2012-10-07, 06:09
Had an issue where the FAL's sights were off and blurred with textures (one side of the sights would cover the part where you see the enemy) as well as a lot of shaking

rodrigoma
2012-10-07, 07:29
I can confirm that the argie AA is definitely impossible to place

http://i.imgur.com/PZPJR.jpg

just a continuous message

yeah that is the most annoying thing!:grin:

also I had a bug when I was reloading the Argentina MG, I started to reload while upright and then in the middle of the animation I go prone and the animation stopped but i could still hear the sounds and the gun was reloaded

Mongolian_dude
2012-10-07, 13:27
Rhino;1822556']Wouldn't happen to have a screenshot or better yet, video of this would you? :D

Thats a negative on that one, BigWig-1.

Word on the street is, that the Carrier Mounted AAA causes some servers to lag due to its obscene RoF. I personally didnt notice it, but my team went ape-shit when I let off a couple of salvos and demanded I stand down.

...mongol...

Eskil_swe
2012-10-07, 15:40
Seems like u can Solo the scimi and switch to the gunner position with out getting black screen, never tryed my self but seen other do it.

PlaynCool
2012-10-07, 15:44
I CTD every time the map ends and reloads for another round.When i click something on the spawn menu it just freezes.

Pvt.LHeureux
2012-10-07, 15:49
I CTD every time the map ends and reloads for another round.When i click something on the spawn menu it just freezes.

Install the last version of PR:vietnam, it fixed most CTDs for me.

Rhino
2012-10-07, 17:07
Not sure how true this is but I was told in order to get to where the Argentina base is on the bottom left corner I had to fly a minute past the map to get to it. On my way there I started to see land then out of no where I got a CTD which hasn't happened yet since the release of PR 0.97.

Not sure if this is in relation to the Argentina spawn bug or not.

Had you spawned there before hand and what where you flying to get there?

Had an issue where the FAL's sights were off and blurred with textures (one side of the sights would cover the part where you see the enemy) as well as a lot of shaking

Check known issues on OP. Its called vertex wobble and its due to being so far away from the centre of the map. As you get closer to the centre of the map, it significantly reduces so by the time you need to shoot an enemy, this should be mostly gone, although it dose happen a tiny bit in Stanley but not much.

Mongolian_dude;1822683']Word on the street is, that the Carrier Mounted AAA causes some servers to lag due to its obscene RoF. I personally didnt notice it, but my team went ape-shit when I let off a couple of salvos and demanded I stand down.

The ROF on the rounds hasn't changed since the OB test. Only a few things have changed since then, two of the big things are that they have had radar added to them (as well as the ATC having radar), which I think is causing problems but don't think its related to the lag, and the projectiles have a much larger time to live value since they where exploding at around 2kms in the air. It is most likely the TTL value being increased that's causing this issue, with loads of projectiles being in the air all at the same time, as well as the rest of the players/vehicles/weapons loading the server the server can't cope with all these projectiles its trying to process :p

Seems like u can Solo the scimi and switch to the gunner position with out getting black screen, never tryed my self but seen other do it.

Can anyone confirm this?

Cheers.

Ye this is a common issue, no idea why its happening and why it hasn't occurred in any of the testing.

Eskil_swe
2012-10-07, 18:10
Confirmed. i can switch seat and shoot, but doesn't seems like i can turn the turret though.

Kevokpo
2012-10-08, 02:41
Confirmed. i can switch seat and shoot, but doesn't seems like i can turn the turret though.

yes confirmed I was able to do that too

Boris
2012-10-09, 01:07
Played the map a fair bit now, kinda liking it.

But, if there's one real huge bad problem that needs sorting before all others, it's the one that's causing machine lock-ups after round reload at the initial screen. Bad, bad bug forces me to have to hard-reset the PC to get out of it. Worse than a server crash. Worse than a CTD.

Scenario: Join server, play what's left of remaining round, end scores screen, map reload, 100% loaded, hit 'Squad Assignment' button to enter spawn screen, <small delay>, *game locks up* (before clicking or doing anything). Can't tab out, can't get task manager up, can't kill the process.

I've tried disconnecting from the server at the end of a round, then reconnecting back in, but it still does it (i guess the server retains memory of me from the previous session). I'd guess at the problem being related to the auto team-switch that occurs, but I don't know for sure. Has happened with both 64 and 100 player servers. Some round changes it doesn't do it, but most the time it does.

This bug's making it a real drag to keep playing.

ZondaX15
2012-10-09, 04:39
Don't know if this has been called up before, but as the Argentinians, you can see the map icon of the British chopper on the carrier (forgive me, I can't remember the name. The funky looking one). And once you've flown to the enemy carrier, try to enter the chopper, the game crashes. Could easily be fixed by making the chopper only enter able by the British side.

Rhino
2012-10-09, 05:13
ummm, do you have any idea what server, gamemode and layer you saw this on?

Just checked the code and all Wessex choppers are team locked in my editors complied GPO.con for all layers.

As such the only explanation I can think for this is that someone had spawned the chopper with the debugger and then had gotten into the chopper, left it, then when you got into it it CTDed? But debug mode should be disabled on public servers...

Main question is, have you or anyone else seen this more than once?

ZondaX15
2012-10-09, 05:38
It was on the very last one on the AAS list (Large, maybe?). It was on local.
I haven't retried it, no. I shall do so now.

Haven't even finished loading, and I've found another error.
On the map briefing in the map list menu thing, it says the UK have light choppers, and on the loading screen, they don't.
Will keep you updated.

Alright, I worked it out.
If you're a Brit soldier with a rifleman kit, enter the Wessex, move around the seats (dunno if this matters), get out, do w/e, suicide and change teams to Argies, the Wessex icon is on the map, like so.
http://i1033.photobucket.com/albums/a411/ZondaX15/FalklandsWessex.jpg

Entering the chopper makes the game crash.

Rhino
2012-10-09, 06:04
If you try to run the 128 (large) layer when doing a crate local without the 128 code BF2 will force the game to run the 64 (standard) layer which doesn't have any light choppers on it for the brits.

Daniel
2012-10-09, 11:58
Harrier's nose slightly moves down when in low level flight above ocean, Mirage and other Argie jets though nose goes higher... :p (Or other way round I guess)

KaB
2012-10-10, 12:24
I use a joystick with a small pad on the top which controls the view (look left right top). To come back to main view I use a button (still on the top of the joystick) which selects the 2nd weapon, and not the 1st one. The reason of this is because when I'm dogfighting I'd like to press only one button to switch between views and missiles.

The problem is that in Falklands, pressing Weapon 2 after looking left right or top doesn't bring me back to the main view, it stays on the view I was and displays the airplane HUD upon it, which looks a bit weird. Selecting Weapon 1 with the keyboard brings me back to the main view, but it doesn't work with Weapon 2, 3 etc.

PR worked well with it, please fix it.

farna
2012-10-10, 19:26
- Potential Exploit, Removed. Thanks for reporting - Rhino :)

(btw, AWESOME MAP!)

Rhino
2012-10-10, 21:04
I use a joystick with a small pad on the top which controls the view (look left right top). To come back to main view I use a button (still on the top of the joystick) which selects the 2nd weapon, and not the 1st one. The reason of this is because when I'm dogfighting I'd like to press only one button to switch between views and missiles.

The problem is that in Falklands, pressing Weapon 2 after looking left right or top doesn't bring me back to the main view, it stays on the view I was and displays the airplane HUD upon it, which looks a bit weird. Selecting Weapon 1 with the keyboard brings me back to the main view, but it doesn't work with Weapon 2, 3 etc.

Known issue, for now just switch to weapon 1 before switching to other weapons.

Kloppies
2012-10-10, 21:28

Yes, I've noticed the same thing, but only when I'm playing as argentina. In the british harriers and wessex it does not happen.

pr0Life
2012-10-11, 02:50
FN FAL seems to recoil forward. It feels very strange.

Pvt.LHeureux
2012-10-11, 03:57
FN FAL seems to recoil forward. It feels very strange.

Like the M16s in normal PR lol.

crs24
2012-10-11, 16:11
I have the same problem with the game freezing when the round ends and server loads next map that Boris and playncool are getting. Same scenario as Boris. However, I've found that if it locks up,I can ctrl+alt+delete to open the windows security(that's what the header says for me anyway on xp64)menu there, and open the task manager and kill bf2 by clicking on bf2 and ending task,confirming I want to kill it,and repeat(only taken 2 times so far)until it's gone and the computer goes back to desktop. So no hard restart that way. I don't know if it works for everyone however.

Pvt.LHeureux
2012-10-11, 17:37
I have the same problem with the game freezing when the round ends and server loads next map that Boris and playncool are getting. Same scenario as Boris. However, I've found that if it locks up,I can ctrl+alt+delete to open the windows security(that's what the header says for me anyway on xp64)menu there, and open the task manager and kill bf2 by clicking on bf2 and ending task,confirming I want to kill it,and repeat(only taken 2 times so far)until it's gone and the computer goes back to desktop. So no hard restart that way. I don't know if it works for everyone however.
Same problem and solution here. Well "solution", would be cooler to have a real solution, or a fix :razz:

crs24
2012-10-11, 17:54
A real solution I hope comes soon. Falklands is only so fun when it crashes after each match,and ruins any chance to join a squad or anything else before the game starts if you rejoin some point later.On the note of crashing,I've occasionally gotten runtime errors also,usually when flying.I've gotten them in regular PR before,flying or not (one a day isn't unusual).But one round I played, the cas squad kept crashing I think. Basically,the cas squad was suddenly gone,no idea if they quit flying or ctd,but someone made another that filled up full (6 people). A few minutes later, that squad, which I think one person might of been virus from CIA and 1 or 2 other CIA guys, was gone as well and the names weren't on the scoreboard. Which is why I think they were crashing. I think I was argentinan, but not sure. This was a few days ago.

Daniel
2012-10-12, 15:50

Maybe by that bug you can try to lock on enemy jets right next to you? :D 90? angle for missile? :) try it pls... :D

crs24
2012-10-12, 15:58
I think I've tried that.You might get a little aid in spotting as there might be a symbol on them like you can lock onto them, but it only locks on if they are in front of you and your looking forward like it normally does as far as I know. Sort of like how you can look at someone with the edges of your field of view in an AA emplacement,but only lock when they are near the center of the reticle.In this case, the reticle seems to pop up when you switch to certain weapons to where your currently looking,but it seems to still be coded to lock in a certain area in front of the plane where you normally look,as the sight and the weapons are still fixed facing forward.

fradd
2012-10-18, 23:24
I'm trying to set up the Falklands mini-mod, and whenever I get to the point where I have to install it in my Battlefield 2 folder, it says
"The setup requires Project Reality: BF2 v.0973 to be installed. Do you want to go to the downloads page now?"

The thing is, I already have that installed...so why is it doing this?
P.S. Sorry if this is the wrong thread.

Kevokpo
2012-10-19, 01:16
just need to look a little more :)

Dont have PR 0.973 installed (https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f562-pr-falklands-general-discussion/115351-dont-have-pr-0-973-installed-wtf.html)

scroll down a little bit and there is the solution to the problem

PLODDITHANLEY
2012-10-19, 08:24
I came off the Brit tigercat SAM site just north of the San Carlos flag, and was unable to kill myself by right clicking a grenade each time they vanished inot the ground with no boom.

Rhino
2012-10-19, 09:30
Ye the brit grenades for some reason don't always work... dunno why.

PLODDITHANLEY
2012-10-19, 10:54
Just about the bang time it drops into the scenery maybe a bug with the Brit grenade code or whatever that stuff is.

PLODDITHANLEY
2012-10-20, 06:38
On the 100p event last night a bit too many CTD's really.

Would we be likely to get less CTD's on a 64P event or just the same % or ratio??

Rhino
2012-10-20, 07:23
Only CTDs I saw was OSD in the AA squad all CTDing (anyone have an idea on the reason or what they where all doing or where when this happened) and people loosing connections when the server was under a DDOS attack?

PLODDITHANLEY
2012-10-22, 07:07
I was ARG CO for a while and saw/heard quite a few going, also I was in the general channel in mumble trying to rejoin after a CTD and met quite a few others in the same boat.

My CTD was for example driving a ARG logy with rifleman from port stanley about 30m down the road heading West - does that kind of info help.

If this is the case we must do a CTD 100p event where we ask nicely of anyone suffering a CTD to post up as much info as possible:

Team
Kit
Vehicle
Doing
Would that help in finding if there is any common reasons. From what I've learnt here CTD's can be some particular action or location with a specific vehicle or kit?

I think a CTD event would be a novel and useful thing to do - but I'd really like to run Skirmish which apparently isn't possible at PRTA with the 100p server code - yet.

So if we can get a skirmish 100p I'll do my best to organise a CTD100 event we'll all be alpha testers then!

Rhino
2012-10-22, 09:37
My CTD was for example driving a ARG logy with rifleman from port stanley about 30m down the road heading West - does that kind of info help.

Not really without being able to reproduce it in the same way or unless you did something more than just driving at the exact time you crashed like change to a weapon or something.

Just driving for 30m doesn't really give anything to go on as you where already had been driving fine so unless something came into VD at that very point that made you crash then there isn't anything to go on.

If this is the case we must do a CTD 100p event where we ask nicely of anyone suffering a CTD to post up as much info as possible:

Team
Kit
Vehicle
Doing
Would that help in finding if there is any common reasons. From what I've learnt here CTD's can be some particular action or location with a specific vehicle or kit?

I think a CTD event would be a novel and useful thing to do - but I'd really like to run Skirmish which apparently isn't possible at PRTA with the 100p server code - yet.

So if we can get a skirmish 100p I'll do my best to organise a CTD100 event we'll all be alpha testers then!

don't really need a "CTD event", just need servers to run the map more and for players to report any CTDs they have, even if they don't have much info to go on reporting what they know is at least something as then we may be able to string up connections, however unlikely but at the very least see how frequent they are. Also your better to do it without the 100p code as that could well be crating more issues that have nothing to do with the map, especially in terms of any server crashes which is one of the main things I need right now as I have totally nothing to go off in that regards, player crashes I have one or two somewhat unfounded ideas but at least got something there :p

Also running 100p event on one of the Skirmish layers is a very bad idea... They where only designed for around 16 players, 32 would be pushing it and having 100 players would just mean the 16 player layer, hardly any Brits would be able to get off the AC and the Argies would have the strongest defence of the island ever, only have to fight off a few troops at a time, basically how many they can get into their boats and chopper which isn't that much, then on the 32 skirmish layer, it would be the same but reversed sides having the problem.

PLODDITHANLEY
2012-10-22, 15:47
For Brit air the whole game was a disaster. Pilots would get a few minutes in the air and then just CTD. This happened to us like 3 times at which point we just gave up.

I've PM'ed L4gi to see if he or any other pilots can help out.

Kevokpo
2012-12-15, 17:50
In last falklands update (yesterday), In Goose Green map, in coronation point's flag, when you enter the grey bunker you cannot get out, I didn't find where to post this, move it if this is not the right place

sweedensniiperr
2012-12-15, 22:01
@kevokpo you mean the little grey box? you can get out of that(on the the douglas flag iirc)

bug: british grenadier have the regular commo rose up aswell when selecting ranges. yes i was aiming down sights. can get a pic if you want.

Mineral
2012-12-15, 22:27
server feedback after the event:
2 server crashes I believe:
-one right at the start on the 32 skirmish layer. No explanation .
-one on the large falklands map. No explanation .
-one occasion the entire GB team CTD at the same time. I think I was responsible for it. the second I banned somebody the team CTD'd. Apparently another admin saw this once too.

PLODDITHANLEY
2012-12-15, 22:30
The ban hammer is indeed powerful in this one.

Mineral
2012-12-15, 22:30
it was sanderhh. What do you expect :D

Kevokpo
2012-12-16, 00:50
@kevokpo you mean the little grey box? you can get out of that(on the the douglas flag iirc)

bug: british grenadier have the regular commo rose up aswell when selecting ranges. yes i was aiming down sights. can get a pic if you want.

nope it was on goose green and that bunker was on coronation point in the grey bunker that has a tiny ladder and faces north, you cannot get out from there.

rPoXoTauJIo
2012-12-16, 08:46
nope it was on goose green and that bunker was on coronation point in the grey bunker that has a tiny ladder and faces north, you cannot get out from there.
You can. Ask Rhino, he just monster of escaping from such jails :)

Also, i found that LAG cannon still working. Should be fixed before any VW event.
Found bug with weapon(FAL) animation:
-Start reload when lying on ground, stand up. Reload will continue, but there will be no animation.

Rhino
2012-12-16, 12:34
Ye, it is hard to get out of that bunker, but not impossible. I've already given MW a few suggestions on how to fix that :)

And ye, that was funny when you fired the lag cannon, I tested it in the last server side patch and it was working fine after the projectile TTL time was decreased (might have just been a more powerful server it was tested on thou), guess it might need a bit more... Was is just one single Phalanx cannon you fired off when you caused it to happen, or where both of them being fired at the same time?

Cheers!

rPoXoTauJIo
2012-12-16, 12:51
Only 1 cannon.
Apprx 7-8 seconds of fire.
I think that TTL for projectiles should be calculated for max distance around 1300m from gun.

Also, it seems that 1 harrier down, when i did that :D

Rhino
2012-12-16, 13:59
at the moment its just over 3km but ye, might have to come down, or the ROF needs to come down.

Its also not an urgent bug to fix IMO, can certainly play the VW layer with it, since the action is mostly over the flags, anyone going to main isn't going to do any damage other than possibly delaying pilots 1 to 2 mins from getting off the deck that's if the deck is bombed when players are on it, taking off, and no air defences, which the missiles are still the most effective part of its defences rather than the cannon.

Mikemonster
2012-12-16, 15:58
For some reason every time I joined the Falklands test server the map would load, the 'Select Squads' box would appear bottom right, and then PR would CTD.

I may be running the wrong version, v0.18?

I'm not so concerned, it's a shame though. Other people didn't seem to have this problem so presumably it's my end.

Thought I'd mention in case it was important, I'm not after help to fix it specifically (although if there's a simple reason it'd be appreciated if someone could mention why).

Edit: I don't have Vietnam installed for some reason. That's it I think.

Rhino
2012-12-16, 16:56
Latest version is v0.19, if you still have v0.18 then that is most likely the problem :p

You might as well wait a few days for the latest version to be released btw instead of downloading v0.19 now.

Mikemonster
2012-12-17, 06:49
Ok, thanks mate.

fabioxxxx
2012-12-17, 11:26
i hear a christmas update Rhino ?

hehe

Ratface
2013-03-09, 07:04
Haven't looked to see if anyone has reported it yet, but I just played Goose Green on the CIA server, and I discovered that if you aim the brit m79 grenade launcher while riding in the back of a transport truck, you get the AAV hud.

Kind of a funny bug, but I didnt get a pic.

To produce it, I just hopped in a transport truck (rear passenger seats), pulled out my m79, and aimed it. Result was the AAV sights showing up.

Moszeusz6Pl
2013-03-09, 09:01
It's because M79 use AAVP HUD, and since it's vehicle HUD, it shows up only when you are in vehicle, very funny bug.