PDA

View Full Version : blackhawk physics

CrazyHotMilf
2012-10-01, 14:02
hello , i would like to start while talking about the problem that we have , the vanila black hawk, lets start with the flying physics , you cant do A complete circle without stalling while with they huey , cow , chinok and lynx you can do Endless circles all day ( or at least 4 hours ) , lets move on to the landing gear , Terrible you need to land with the back wheel if you want the heli to stay in one piece , and sometimes when you try to land with the back wheel , you stall -.- and thats not it you need to change the cocpit in bf2 bh cocpit you have 2x zoom , its like you see the control pannel of the BH at 65% of you screen and the control panel dont even work ,its just a texture , now BH miniguns , they are weak , so weak you got to make them stronger , because they should be able the kill a bmp , or atleast a btr / mtlb
now ty for letting me tell you my feed back have a nice day

Psyrus
2012-10-01, 14:10
yes thats all very interesting and i see your points but wow its hard to tell what someone is saying when they use absolutely no grammar and hardly and proper punctuation at all its like one long mind-destroying sentence that makes me want to claw my eyes out, Futher more Terrible when you dont seem to have any logical flow to the post so all your points are just kind jumbled into one neurofudging mess which obviously makes it very hard to dissect what your trying to say like a pickle, oh and i had a nice day thanks for telling me now on to your point about the 4 hour circling it just doesnt get any better than the chinok right that things like endless circles all day, And abotu the landing gear i find its best to do a rolling landing that way your chopper doesnt take any real damage the only problem is small or tight areas but if you are gona drop peole there you should just hover and let them out but i guess since you cant even land without stalling you probably cant hover either
now ty for reading my post which is like your post and i hope you have a good night

saXoni
2012-10-01, 14:20
Flying around in a circle comes down to the pilot's skills. Landing comes down to the pilot's skills. The Chinook is even worse when it comes to the view, but it's still fine. You just need to change your way of flying a bit, which is fine as all choppers are different.

Why would you want to kill armor with a Blackhawk? There are other types of vehicles and weapons that can be used for that. It can kill infantry perfectly fine.

=HCM= Shwedor
2012-10-01, 15:00
7.62mm miniguns killing a BMP? You should lay off the drugs man, bad for your health. And its not a flight sim, you don't get working control panels...

ExeTick
2012-10-01, 19:18
I loled. miniguns killing a bmp? its only 7.62. you need a 12.7mm(50cal) ammo to be able to kill MEC btr/MTLB.

they should do more damage to taliban cars thats the only thing.

flying mechanics to blackhawk in PR is good. only you who need to learn how it works.

Pvt.LHeureux
2012-10-01, 22:31
Is this why people always teamkill this guy for fun? :razz:

Stealthgato
2012-10-02, 13:19
you need a 12.7mm(50cal) ammo to be able to kill MEC MTLB

Nope. MTLBs can be killed even with MP5s (yes I've done it).

chrisweb89
2012-10-02, 18:20
I will agree the flying physics for the BH are weird. Its a chopper that I love sometimes, and hate other times, same with its landings, its very different compared to the handling of the rest of PR choppers. It doesn't really need fixing or anything though, the most annoying part for me is when you turn the BH, it likes to stay in that turn (if you turn hard and when going quickly).

Then saying that the 7.62 miniguns should kill armour ruins your post.

Steeps
2012-10-02, 19:17
yes thats all very interesting and i see your points but wow its hard to tell what someone is saying when they use absolutely no grammar and hardly and proper punctuation at all its like one long mind-destroying sentence that makes me want to claw my eyes out, Futher more Terrible when you dont seem to have any logical flow to the post so all your points are just kind jumbled into one neurofudging mess which obviously makes it very hard to dissect what your trying to say like a pickle, oh and i had a nice day thanks for telling me now on to your point about the 4 hour circling it just doesnt get any better than the chinok right that things like endless circles all day, And abotu the landing gear i find its best to do a rolling landing that way your chopper doesnt take any real damage the only problem is small or tight areas but if you are gona drop peole there you should just hover and let them out but i guess since you cant even land without stalling you probably cant hover either
now ty for reading my post which is like your post and i hope you have a good night

Great way to bash on someone when your own grammar needs some help...

But on topic; OP the Blackhawk is fine how it is. I've just about never had problems with flying it. And honestly, the miniguns are OP for a transport helicopter. They outgun any OPFOR transport chopper every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rhino
2012-10-02, 19:24
Great way to bash on someone when your own grammar needs some help...

If you read the last line of his post you will see that he did that on purpose to show CHM how hard it is to read, but I can see why you missed it :p

maniac1031
2012-10-02, 20:06
You still don't need to bash on the guy because he doesn't have perfect grammar he may not be fluent in English.

chrisweb89
2012-10-02, 20:57
The 50 cal on the Cows are decent, I've had some fun running cow cas in the first 10 minutes on vadso and other maps, yay for explosive rounds!

Hunt3r
2012-10-05, 03:28
Blackhawks are fine. Maybe the wheels need some suspension so you can land at something harder than .1 m/s impact velocity, but the minigun is really only good against unarmored vehicles and people, and no one should be doing barrel rolls anyways.

CrazyHotMilf
2012-10-09, 20:47
look if you compare the UH-60 to the UH-1 there is no big difrence but in the game you feel that 1 BH have the weight of 3-4 hueys , and you can say what ever u want about the miniguns the helicopter still shit , the only vannila vehichle that i really love its the LAV-25 , you gonna have to make a new model for BH cause u cant even land on the front wheels , and if you do the heli gets injurd like some kind of a light AT hited him, and if you ever played kokan u know you have to fly in circles over the cash to make the bh effective and not just wasting ammo.

BTW THIS IS NOT GRAMMER CLASS SO IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY SPELLING U CAN JUST GTFO
Flying around in a circle comes down to the pilot's skills. Landing comes down to the pilot's skills. The Chinook is even worse when it comes to the view, but it's still fine. You just need to change your way of flying a bit, which is fine as all choppers are different.

Why would you want to kill armor with a Blackhawk? There are other types of vehicles and weapons that can be used for that. It can kill infantry perfectly fine.

chinok is the best chopper ingame (flying like a huey , trasnpoting 8 man + 2 crates , easy to land )

ExNusquam
2012-10-10, 02:47
look if you compare the UH-60 to the UH-1 there is no big difrence but in the game you feel that 1 BH have the weight of 3-4 hueys , and you can say what ever u want about the miniguns the helicopter still shit , the only vannila vehichle that i really love its the LAV-25 , you gonna have to make a new model for BH cause u cant even land on the front wheels , and if you do the heli gets injurd like some kind of a light AT hited him, and if you ever played kokan u know you have to fly in circles over the cash to make the bh effective and not just wasting ammo.

Look if you compare the UH-60 to the UH-1 there is no big difference but in the game you feel that 1 BH has the weight of 3-4 Hueys , and you can say what ever you want about the miniguns, the helicopter is still shit , the only vanilla vehicle that I really love is the LAV-25 , you're gonna have to make a new model for BH cause you can't even land on the front wheels , and if you do the heli gets injured like some kind of a light AT hit it, and if you have ever played Kokan you know you have to fly in circles over the cache to make the BH effective and not just wasting ammo.

BTW THIS IS NOT GRAMMER CLASS SO IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY SPELLING U CAN JUST GTFO
BTW THIS IS NOT GRAMMAR CLASS SO IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY SPELLING YOU CAN JUST GTFO

chinok is the best chopper ingame (flying like a huey , trasnpoting 8 man + 2 crates , easy to land )
The Chinook is the best chopper in game (flying like a Huey , transporting 8 man + 2 crates , easy to land )

Also, I think you would benefit from a few periods.

TL;DR: Don't ever imply that proper grammar isn't important.

IINoddyII
2012-10-10, 03:12
The last word on grammar in this thread.

Language
Posts should be in English only. Non-English posts may be removed. If a message is unreadable due to spelling and / or grammar, it may be removed. We don't ask you to be a 'Spelling Bee' champion, or an English Major, only that you post messages that are legible..

So in the future, rather than being a bit of a snob, I've included a few more appropriate options;

1) ignore the post and move on with your life.
2) report the post so a moderator can take action (clean it up or remove it)
3) take the time to decipher it and a) send a PM to the OP with your suggested rewording, or b) respond normally.

samogon100500
2012-10-10, 08:07
Well,chopper physics... a bit imbalance to real world.
For exampe - CH-47 Chinook and UH-1Y Venom.
Their speed much more that rest of chopper,while IRL they are not so fast.And specially for Venom - Carry supplies and passangers looking unrealistic.They may carry only around 3000Kg of flying weight,1100 of them - fuel.Too much for light chopper to me.
The bad examples - Mi-8,BH and Z-8(Vanilla choppers.) their speed extremely slow(If compare to IRL it will be around 100km/h),but in fact they may flight with almost same speed as Chinook,and even faster.
Mi-8(The Mil Plant website,warning - russian language :razz: ) (http://www.mi-helicopter.ru/rus/index.php?about&id=42)
UH-60(Eng.Wiki) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UH-60)

Guns for transport choppers in not nessesary.Most stupid fu..s shooting for no reason,that make pilot angry.
Minigun is useful,50 cal MGs on Mi-8 and Z-8 - not.

Look if you compare the UH-60 to the UH-1 there is no big [COLOR="Red"]difference blah blah blah

The best trolling ever I seen :-P
You make me smile. :razz:

Nope. MTLBs can be killed even with MP5s (yes I've done it).

6 man squad may desroy it using rifles.1-1,5 mags enogh.

DenvH
2012-10-10, 10:08
I've never flown a blackhawk or anything really irl, but as far as I know they do touch down with their rear wheel first.. Look up any video of one landing and you'll see it for yourself.

I know that in-game it can be difficult to land it, but with a bit of practice you can pretty much land it wherever you want. The difficulty is in keeping it balanced. The blackhawk is the only transport chopper with a single rear wheel in PR, that's most likely why it's the hardest for you to land..

As far is flying it goes, it's no different from any other chopper. It has it's own style if you like, and maybe it's the hardest to fly, maybe not. If that is realistic, I can't tell you. And maybe it needs a little change, maybe they already changed the physics for it in PR1.0, I don't know. But until then you can only learn to control it and find out it's not that bad at all.

----

I agree on the Mi-8 feeling/being slow. Overall, I think the speed amongst choppers should be balanced a bit as they roughly fly at the same speeds irl. Second, I guess all choppers could do with a little more speed again. Back in 0.5 they flew like rockets, I don't know how realistic that was though.. But then again, in the scale of PR, you may not want them to fly that fast for game-play reasons.

karambaitos
2012-10-10, 10:27
well realistically, if they go over 350mph their blades should kinda disintegrate

CrazyHotMilf
2012-10-12, 12:36
Look if you compare the UH-60 to the UH-1 there is no big difference but in the game you feel that 1 BH has the weight of 3-4 Hueys , and you can say what ever you want about the miniguns, the helicopter is still shit , the only vanilla vehicle that I really love is the LAV-25 , you're gonna have to make a new model for BH cause you can't even land on the front wheels , and if you do the heli gets injured like some kind of a light AT hit it, and if you have ever played Kokan you know you have to fly in circles over the cache to make the BH effective and not just wasting ammo.

BTW THIS IS NOT GRAMMAR CLASS SO IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY SPELLING YOU CAN JUST GTFO

The Chinook is the best chopper in game (flying like a Huey , transporting 8 man + 2 crates , easy to land )

Also, I think you would benefit from a few periods.

TL;DR: Don't ever imply that proper grammar isn't important.

its fun isnt it ? what can be more pleasing then to offend a kid that english is his 3rd Language even the 4st and his only 15
I've never flown a blackhawk or anything really irl, but as far as I know they do touch down with their rear wheel first.. Look up any video of one landing and you'll see it for yourself.

I know that in-game it can be difficult to land it, but with a bit of practice you can pretty much land it wherever you want. The difficulty is in keeping it balanced. The blackhawk is the only transport chopper with a single rear wheel in PR, that's most likely why it's the hardest for you to land..

As far is flying it goes, it's no different from any other chopper. It has it's own style if you like, and maybe it's the hardest to fly, maybe not. If that is realistic, I can't tell you. And maybe it needs a little change, maybe they already changed the physics for it in PR1.0, I don't know. But until then you can only learn to control it and find out it's not that bad at all.

----

I agree on the Mi-8 feeling/being slow. Overall, I think the speed amongst choppers should be balanced a bit as they roughly fly at the same speeds irl. Second, I guess all choppers could do with a little more speed again. Back in 0.5 they flew like rockets, I don't know how realistic that was though.. But then again, in the scale of PR, you may not want them to fly that fast for game-play reasons.

bro i have been praticing and flying this heli so many times , i know how to fly it , i said its just disturbing cause when u land with the rear wheels in the middle of ramiel its a little bit hard to notice if there is a burning car below you ( or behind )
you need to change the cocpit in bf2 bh cocpit you have 2x zoom , its like you see the control pannel of the BH at 65% of you screen and the control panel dont even work ,its just a texture

you really have to put the blackhawk cockpit (or you should say cock-pit) in a way that makes you belive that the pilot no stick his head on the control panel

Stemplus
2012-10-13, 14:43
stop playing with the red font, It is fucking annoying. IIRC only moderators are allowed to use it.

I agree that the blackhawk physics are different than every other chopper in PR, but I don't have any problems with landing it. Probably because most of people don't know how to land a chopper in PR. They either fly around the LZ slowly loosing altitude, or they cut throttle and literally fall into it which causes the chopper to bounce and flip, sometimes even explode (kiowa). I think that the only thing some people need to learn is hovering with a chopper.

SShadowFox
2012-10-13, 17:29
When I'm piloting the BH I do some horizontal landings (if this is how they are called), I do it with every helicopter which have wheels, I take damage, yes, but only a few that can be repaired within a few seconds on the helipad, so for me, pilot the BH is not a big problem and I don't understand the point of this thread. :neutral:

FrostZeroOne
2012-10-13, 18:11
Is this why people always teamkill this guy for fun? :razz:

please dont take this guy seriously, he thinks hes a smart ass and the best pilot in the world. (hes 13 or 14 btw). nothing is wrong with the blackhawk. wipe your tears up and carry on.
(im talking about crazyhotMILF ye?)

Q2M100
2012-10-13, 23:44
please dont take this guy seriously, he thinks hes a smart ass and the best pilot in the world. (hes 13 or 14 btw). nothing is wrong with the blackhawk. wipe your tears up and carry on.

LOL. Thank you for this.

I have flown in a Blackhawk in real life and it flies almost identically to the PR version. With two years of experience in PR helo flying, I was quite impressed with the DEVs work.

If anything needs to change, it is the noob pilots who complains due to their lack of skill.

risegold8929
2012-10-15, 07:39
Only thing that needs to be changed is the so called HUD that displays such high numbers for how fast it feels like it is really going (for all Helicopters in general).
E.g. 780km/h does not seem like 780km/h to me when flying the Chinook on Burning Sands (espically when the top speed is 200 knots or 370.4km/h and the Never Exceed speed is 170 knots).

samogon100500
2012-10-15, 08:09

He just tell about it.

its fun isnt it ? what can be more pleasing then to offend a kid that english is his 3rd Language even the 4st and his only 15

he thinks hes a smart ass and the best pilot in the world.)

dat best pilots are just fancy noobs,i'll shoot him down via TOW or HAT or any kind of these :razz:.And such kind of noobs create squad assets rule,to disallow to ruin such assets only for themselves.The best pilots ever I know doesn't take chopper without reason,mostly even think that flying on transport chopper is a work for slaves.

and please tl;dr me,I'll going offtopic :razz:

And if I going offtop - the best helicopter work was on 1 WC RUSvsCAN on Beirut.Round start - the pilots take choppers,came to first 4 points to cap.On last one building a FOB and reserve FOB.Then,those,who take flags came to front line and attack.Then pilots leave choppers,take APCs at base,and came to front.
In all other tacktics was used one chopper - manned by commander.They also build hidden FOBs in enemy tails.

Predator.v2
2012-10-15, 11:07
I think blackhawk physics are great. There might only be need to look into the modell itself, as it pretty fragile. I don't even think it is a matter of hitpoints (should be around 1500), but probably a collision thing.

mangeface
2012-10-22, 12:50
(espically when the top speed is 200 knots or 370.4km/h and the Never Exceed speed is 170 knots).
That is contradicting statement. The NES, never exceed speed, is the top speed an aircraft can fly at or damage to the aircraft's airframe is imminent. Normally, the top speed is given at level flight (NES is normally achieved in a dive). And there's the cruising speed where the aircraft maintains the highest speed/range ratio.

I.E., the MV-22B Osprey has a cruising speed of 280kts, top speed of 305kts, and a NES of 330kts.

Back on topic, I don't fly on PR anymore. I've spent too much time flying on DCS Black Shark and Lock On 2, so the flight physics on PR are utter shit to me. To be honest, they always have been shit in my opinion.

Only thing I wonder is why the Blackhawks have miniguns when in real life, they only carry M240Ds (only the 160th SOAR carries M134s) and the UH-1Ns have no guns at all, when they are always carrying a GAU-17 (M134) and a GAU-16 (aerial M2 variant).

SuperHornet
2012-10-22, 20:01
LOL. Thank you for this.

I have flown in a Blackhawk in real life and it flies almost identically to the PR version. With two years of experience in PR helo flying, I was quite impressed with the DEVs work.

If anything needs to change, it is the noob pilots who complains due to their lack of skill.

The fuck? Nothing in PR flies like its real counterpart.

Midnight_o9
2012-10-22, 22:06
Only thing I wonder is why the Blackhawks have miniguns when in real life, they only carry M240Ds (only the 160th SOAR carries M134s) and the UH-1Ns have no guns at all, when they are always carrying a GAU-17 (M134) and a GAU-16 (aerial M2 variant).

IIRC for the blackhawk it's because it's still the DICE model, so it can't be modified, and of course making a new model is very low priority.

karambaitos
2012-10-22, 23:27
IIRC for the blackhawk it's because it's still the DICE model, so it can't be modified, and of course making a new model is very low priority.

but it has already been modified
http://images.bf-games.net/news/2008/07/8203_9.jpg
http://www.websitepark.de/userdaten/76956284/bilder/black_hawk1-772521.jpg

Blondey
2012-10-22, 23:43
Haha, this is so true! Once you roll one way in a blackhawk, you either recover just before you hit the floor, or you just keep going and hit the floor! Buuut hey ho, beings akme challenge into flying!

Xavo|xXx
2012-10-23, 02:05
but it has already been modified

The model wasn't changed, they added the air intake thingos as child objects (sorta like a model that you can attach to a pre-existing model) so as not to break the EULA. They also gave it a reskin which is allowable as per the EULA.

They can't remove the M134's because they are modeled on the vanilla model.

Stealthgato
2012-10-23, 03:25
They can't remove the M134's because they are modeled on the vanilla model.

I think they already replaced them with M240s for 1.0?

Rhino
2012-10-23, 08:39
The miniguns are separate child objects, and even if they where not, they would be separate moving parts which means we could still remove them via code like in the same way we removed the WZ551 25mm turret and replaced it with the HMG turret on the WZ551A.

The problem is the mount :p

SShadowFox
2012-10-23, 09:22
Doesn't the SeaHawk have M240 and the BlackHawk have the M134? US Army doesn't use the SeaHawk IIRC.

Xavo|xXx
2012-10-23, 09:30
Rhino;1827623']The miniguns are separate child objects, and even if they where not, they would be separate moving parts which means we could still remove them via code like in the same way we removed the WZ551 25mm turret and replaced it with the HMG turret on the WZ551A.

The problem is the mount :p

Well there you go then :)

Hunt3r
2012-10-25, 02:54
We should totally put a GAU-8 on the sides of the Blackhawk, because who cares about realism?

zombie-yellow
2012-10-26, 19:43
We should totally put a GAU-8 on the sides of the Blackhawk, because who cares about realism?

I can totally see the Blackhawk moving backwards when the two GAU-8 shoot in front of it x) Or maybe it would just disintegrate :P

On another note, I agree that the Blackhawk fly a little bit strange... I think he accelerate way too fast when you quit hovering, and this can be annoying...

And I don't have any problems landing it, I don't know why the others complain about it...

CrazyHotMilf
2012-10-26, 22:22
why wont you put 4 Hf on and thats it ?
http://media.defenseindustrydaily.com/images/AIR_AH-60L_Battlehawk_lg.jpg

put it on remial :D

zombie-yellow
2012-10-27, 02:18
Indeed :grin:

-CBS inbound !

*Close Blackhawk Support*

Stemplus
2012-10-27, 20:48
Why not put nukes into the game? Finnaly, most BluFor armies have them :roll:

CrazyHotMilf
2012-11-01, 14:04
idk what about you guys but even if you say its modefied ( or how ever you write it like ... ) i really think a new blackhawk will be good to the game , now i wanted to start modeling but i have problems with my BF2 editor and i cant like it to the game so it will be nice of someone model it , i think that the bw control is almost the same as the famous merlin that btw u should bring back to the game + make fastroping for the huey , chinook and BH ( pilot switch between droping crates / rope like in a logi u switch from repair station to crates and droping with rght click and that means that who ever press e will go to the rope and slide down ( no no u cant drop from 100 cause the the rope is short , like 4/3 times from the specailist rope

Stemplus
2012-11-01, 20:00
idk what about you guys but even if you say its modefied ( or how ever you write it like ... ) i really think a new blackhawk will be good to the game , now i wanted to start modeling but i have problems with my BF2 editor and i cant like it to the game so it will be nice of someone model it , i think that the bw control is almost the same as the famous merlin that btw u should bring back to the game + make fastroping for the huey , chinook and BH ( pilot switch between droping crates / rope like in a logi u switch from repair station to crates and droping with rght click and that means that who ever press e will go to the rope and slide down ( no no u cant drop from 100 cause the the rope is short , like 4/3 times from the specailist rope

Well, you don't use the BF2 Editor to make models anyway... And no, the flying mechanics are not even close to the merlin ones. LOL fastropes. Don't you get why people are always joking about fastropes when people suggest wierd stuff? It is just impossible. It's not CryEngine 3, it's goddamn 10 years old Refractor 2 engine.

SShadowFox
2012-11-01, 20:32
About the Merlin \/

IIRC, the Merlin was remove because of a bug with the ramp, are there any plans to correct that bug and bring it back?

thats not the only problem, it has a hyper complex colmesh which is what contributes to its occasional incredible lag.

So there's no chance?

always a chance, but changing meshes like that is a specialised skillset, not something that's super simple afaik.

Also theres the gain vs effort dynamic, the Brits already have 2 choppers, chinook and lynx. As much as I LOVE the Merlin (see my sig) what's the gain really? Unless one of the community factions can use it ofc, there's not a huge amount of scope for it.

At the same time it would kinda need some love to the inside of the chopper, it's showing its age with the texture and model on the inside.

About the Merlin /\

Rudd
2012-11-01, 20:40
I sensed a disturbance in the force....

the Merlin was removed for various reasons

primarily it still had lag, this is caused by a incredibly complicated collision mesh in the pilot seat that the server cannot handle

also its interior is not of a aesthetic quality we expect in our assets today

also its door would need recoding to work like the chinook

so basically, alot of work for a chopper (WHICH I LOVE, see my sig) that isn't needed since the GB have 2 choppers already.

Now, back to the Blackhawk guys.

just no more fastrope suggestions

CrazyHotMilf
2012-11-04, 05:18
i seriesly think that blackhwak should fly and act like the apache because its not gonna work like this when you cant land normaly and thats annoying as hell

*EDIT* i think actually merlin is a better ex. for how bh should fly

Stemplus
2012-11-04, 10:17
Yes, you can land the blackhawk normaly. And why do you want a chopper that weights over 11 tons to fly like a chopper that weights 8? It's a different chopper, it has different aerodynamics, different center of mass, different blades, different size, different weight etc.

Hunt3r
2012-11-08, 04:12
i seriesly think that blackhwak should fly and act like the apache because its not gonna work like this when you cant land normaly and thats annoying as hell

I seriously think that you should stop complaining because only a poor craftsman blames his tools.

The Blackhawk is a great helo to fly, landing just requires some actual knowledge of how to fly a real helo (ie flare and land softly)

CrazyHotMilf
2012-11-08, 04:25
I seriously think that you should stop complaining because only a poor craftsman blames his tools.

The Blackhawk is a great helo to fly, landing just requires some actual knowledge of how to fly a real helo (ie flare and land softly)

bro i am this game for about 3 years 2 of them r trans helis flying and the last year is also jets and attack helis (and little bit kiowas ) now i pretty sure that in flying ( i dont know about other things ) i have more Experience then you do i can land every chopper / jet / other asset in this game so what am i saying (or at least trying) is to make some choppers freindly users now i would talk about the tiger but if you really know how to fly cas (attack helicopters ) then his landing not gonna be a problem (atleast for me ) but the black hawk that you see him in all of the the project reality maps , need to be fixed so a guy that praticed the whole week about flying trans , will have a chance to land it safly in kokan or kashan (well kashan is actually easy) so dont say any thing if you havent readed all of the thread

ExNusquam
2012-11-08, 14:40
You completely missed his point. The Blackhawk should not fly like an attack helo, because, well it's not an attack helo. One's an agile weapons platform, the other is a glorified truck. I have very minimal experience flying helos in PR, but if I was to load up a local server, I could probably stick the BH anywhere you need it, and not crash it. Flying the BH requires you to think ahead when you fly it, like the real thing, so you can bleed your speed and flare it over your landing site, like in real life.

risegold8929
2012-11-08, 20:17
Have you ever tried to adapt to the physics of the Blackhawk and stop trying to fly it like all of the other helicopters? I can land & fly it perfectly fine in PR.

Hunt3r
2012-11-08, 22:44
bro i am this game for about 3 years 2 of them r trans helis flying and the last year is also jets and attack helis (and little bit kiowas ) now i pretty sure that in flying ( i dont know about other things ) i have more Experience then you do i can land every chopper / jet / other asset in this game so what am i saying (or at least trying) is to make some choppers freindly users now i would talk about the tiger but if you really know how to fly cas (attack helicopters ) then his landing not gonna be a problem (atleast for me ) but the black hawk that you see him in all of the the project reality maps , need to be fixed so a guy that praticed the whole week about flying trans , will have a chance to land it safly in kokan or kashan (well kashan is actually easy) so dont say any thing if you havent readed all of the thread

First of all, stop being condescending by starting a sentence off with "bro", because it isn't helping your argument. At all.

Secondly, I don't care about attack helos. Yes, they land at a steeper angle. No, it doesn't matter because that's not a game-breaking bug, in fact it might as well be reality because the BH doesn't naturally nose up when on the ground, it lands flat. Stop mashing the helo into the ground when you land and you won't have a problem. Flare before you land and then level out for the touchdown. It's not hard, and it's perfectly realistic.

Stemplus
2012-11-09, 20:57

You are this game? Damn :D Serious mode activated. How can you tell that you are better and more experienced than him? You have never played with him so you can't. And don't say you can land every air asset ingame because you definately can't land a tornado, but that is another thing. Secondly, if someone is practicing flying for 1 week then he definately won't know how to fly choppers well. And if he somehow will, he won't have any problems with the blackhawk.

You may be wondering why all your suggestions are turning into arguments and after time get locked. That is because you are not discusing, you are arguing. You also don't give any references or videos so you can prove you're right. I still don't think that the BH is a problem, I've seen bilions more crashes of a cow or a huey than a Blackhawk.

SShadowFox
2012-11-09, 21:23
Every helicopter with wheels are easy to land, it'll be even more in 1.0 as the helicopters' wheels will get moving meshes (is this the name?)

ExeTick
2012-11-09, 21:30
Crazy there is nothing wrong with that blackhawk, just you that cannot understand the flying mechanics for it.

like stemplus said and I agree with stemplus, blackhawk and apache is 2 completely different helicopters so you cannot compare them with each other because they have completely different flying mechanics and aerodynamics.

you want all chinooks to fly like a kiowa aswell?
seems that its only you who have problems with blackhawks in PR crazy. maybe you should watch some youtube videos and have a look how they land with blackhawks so this thread will be forgoten.

or even better go and join Israeli airforce and try to fly those blackhawks.

ExeTick
2012-11-09, 21:42
you gonna have to make a new model for BH cause u cant even land on the front wheels

you land on backwheel first then let the front wheels come down.
UH-60M Black Hawk Helicopter Landing At Wayland Expo 10/01/2011 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVUFLhzO14M&feature=related)
Black Hawk landing - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T89qrYA2YOc)

Hunt3r
2012-11-10, 01:14
you land on backwheel first then let the front wheels come down.
UH-60M Black Hawk Helicopter Landing At Wayland Expo 10/01/2011 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVUFLhzO14M&feature=related)
Black Hawk landing - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T89qrYA2YOc)

This seems rather counter-intuitive, the rear wheel is usually weaker, somewhat like landing nose-wheel first in a jet...

ExeTick
2012-11-10, 09:03
well they dont give that backwheel so much pressure. they touch down on that backwheel first then almost at the same time those 2 front wheels are down aswell.

I seen far worse landings with blackhawks on AC/DC thunderstruck where the pilot bounce on that backwheel.
look at 3.21 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Evu8L2pF7w that should be huge amount of pressure on that backwheel but it can take it.

CrazyHotMilf
2012-11-10, 18:07
ok ok , blackhawk should be landed from the back wheels but what about that when you bank like 20 digrees and after 5 sec you stall to the side you bank to ? or what about that when you dive with it from 1000 m high you can get to somthing like 1700 ( didnt tested it yet , but i will ) blackhawk still broken.

Stemplus
2012-11-10, 20:04
I don't really know what you mean, i.e. "when you dive from like 1000m you get to like 1700". Please use units next time, or at least describe it using a picture or something. Also, don't use words that you don't understand (translate them in Google Translate or something) because you will confuse people. "what about that when you bank like 20 digrees and after 5 sec you stall to the side you bank to" You stall when your blades (or wings) are not producing enough air lift to counter the gravity and you start to fall. So could you explain how can "stall" have many vectors of force?

ExeTick
2012-11-10, 20:08
first of all why would you dive from 1000m? makes no sence to dive with a transport helicopter.

thats how blackhawks work.

blackhawk is not broken. you need to adjust to how blackhawks work in this game.

Hunt3r
2012-11-12, 05:14
ok ok , blackhawk should be landed from the back wheels but what about that when you bank like 20 digrees and after 5 sec you stall to the side you bank to ? or what about that when you dive with it from 1000 m high you can get to somthing like 1700 ( didnt tested it yet , but i will ) blackhawk still broken.

If you're trying to accelerate without forward motion by just banking to one side, you are in for some disappointment. IRL helos don't do it because the tail rotor just isn't enough to counteract that kind of torque moment, and the drag causes a twisting motion to normalize the direction of the helo.

Psyrus
2012-11-12, 07:33
when you dive with it from 1000 m high you can get to somthing like 1700 ( didnt tested it yet , but i will ) blackhawk still broken.

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee94/psyrus_uraya/unbelieve_face.png

By the way, feel free to open up the blackhawk's tweak file and fix it yourself. Jafar (https://www.realitymod.com/forum/members/26869.html) did that with the aircraft (planes) (https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f388-pr-bf2-community-modding/100829-code-working-harrier-retuned-jet-handling-ef-tornado-j10-su-30-completed.html) and now he's a dev so it's not like they'll ignore your work if it's good.

CrazyHotMilf
2012-11-13, 14:49
Psyrus;1833191']http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee94/psyrus_uraya/unbelieve_face.png

By the way, feel free to open up the blackhawk's tweak file and fix it yourself. Jafar (https://www.realitymod.com/forum/members/26869.html) did that with the aircraft (planes) (https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f388-pr-bf2-community-modding/100829-code-working-harrier-retuned-jet-handling-ef-tornado-j10-su-30-completed.html) and now he's a dev so it's not like they'll ignore your work if it's good.

alright , i'll do it as soon as i can challnge accepted