PDA

View Full Version : Argentinian Place Holder Voices

Rhino
2012-07-02, 06:45
Hey all,

Since proper Spanish voices can't be made in time, let alone with an Argentinian accent, I'm posting up this poll to see which you, the community prefer in terms of a Place Holder Voices for the Argentinian Faction in PR:BF2 - Falklands.

Please note that these are all the voices we have available to us at this point right now and you should vote for the ones you feel would best fit the Argentinian faction.

Cheers :)

BroCop
2012-07-02, 07:53
I vote for French. Its the closest to Spanish (both are derived from latin)

Souls Of Mischief
2012-07-02, 11:07
Ermm... Militia uses Russian language. :p

SShadowFox
2012-07-02, 12:57
Portuguese could be much more closer, but as we don't have it available, French.

And yes about the Militia voices, it was Chechen Militia, Russian.

Angriff
2012-07-02, 14:31
It is kind of bizarre to represent an Argentinian with French voice and accent, but if it works for some people, go for it ;)
What's going on with the voice recording, thought? I recall the latinoamerican community and some individual Argentinian players offering help in these forums.

Cossack
2012-07-02, 14:33
Indeed - Militia speaks Russian

Anyway, French could work.

SShadowFox
2012-07-02, 15:20
It is kind of bizarre to represent an Argentinian with French voice and accent, but if it works for some people, go for it ;)

That's why it's called placeholder, to use until we have Spanish voices to put.

saXoni
2012-07-02, 15:26
Arabic is fine with me.

Mongolian_dude
2012-07-02, 15:41
Exercet french stylee

...mongol...

AfterDune
2012-07-02, 15:47
Chinese for the win.

Doc.Pock
2012-07-02, 16:21
hehe devs trolling :P im for french

tankninja1
2012-07-02, 16:48
English, German, and French are all languages on the list are derived from Latin

SShadowFox
2012-07-02, 17:03
English, German, and French are all languages on the list are derived from Latin

English and German included? Are you nuts?

The Latin languages are:

French
Spanish
Portuguese
Italian

These are the most widely spoken

A full list - List of Romance languages (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Romance_languages)

Rhino
2012-07-02, 18:13
Looks like French may win this one :p

Ermm... Militia uses Russian language. :p

Are they in a different accent or something because the Russian and Militia voices are separate?

saXoni
2012-07-02, 18:25

German and English are derived from the West Germanic languages.

SShadowFox
2012-07-02, 18:31
^ This.

AnimalMother.
2012-07-02, 18:42
Rhino;1789997']
Are they in a different accent or something because the Russian and Militia voices are separate?

Yeah different accent and as far as I can tell some different phrases for some commo rose options

BroCop
2012-07-02, 19:27
Yeah different accent and as far as I can tell some different phrases for some commo rose options

IIRC didnt someone here said that the Militia VO is proper, while the RU is some obscure dialect

Wakain
2012-07-02, 22:28
Arabic and French seem to be the most related languages we have, usteds, but since it's about placeholders anyway I'd prefer either American English, French or German, in this order, for that nato-family scrap idea (They may become Argentineans afterwards ofc).

edit: Looks like French may win this one :p
O-ho! saw what you did there, Rhino! :p

alexandrei07
2012-07-02, 22:50
I totally disagree with this, I do not care if no time or do it well or do not.

Angriff
2012-07-02, 23:53
That's why it's called placeholder, to use until we have Spanish voices to put.

Indeed - my point being there is no difference whether it is French, Arabic or Chinese IMO.

At least I would use Arabic as long as Argentina have MEC skins.

But since several Argentinian players in the community have already voiced their will to help, let's hope they will start working with some sound devs soon.

Cheers : )

Rhino
2012-07-03, 01:00
But since several Argentinian players in the community have already voiced their will to help, let's hope they will start working with some sound devs soon.

Ye, and I hope they do, but not an area I can personally help them in.

Your welcome to do this yourself you know but your statement is also a double edged sword, as if your going to make new voices, yes you need to "do it well or not at all".

At the end of the day, this is something I physically can not do on my own, because one, I don't speak Spanish and 2, I don't have an Argentinian accent. It is up to the Argentinian community to do this and if you think its such a massive deal alexandrei, you should take on the responsibility.

At the end of the day, I'm not going to be sitting here, twiddling my thumbs when every other piece of the puzzle is in place, waiting to release this mod because one tiny item that doesn't affect gameplay is missing and no one is working on it and there is nothing I can do about it and its also something that I'm sure the PR community wouldn't like the mod being held back from release, just because of this small item which tbh, is a tiny bit of the game now VOIP/Mumble etc is so used, it isn't even necessary part of the game.

Pvt.LHeureux
2012-07-03, 06:33
Don't you have vBF2 Spanish voices? Sucks :(

=-=kittykiller
2012-07-03, 08:42
controversial but what about taking from this its a dead mod and has spanish voice set, althoughg as im sure the great horned on knows, they were naughty boys

Planet Battlefield - Maps, News, Battlefield 3, Videos, Downloads (http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=109268)

mod has been burned to the ground although reports suggest modjive may have it thats a moddownload utility?!
further if it was able to download and DEAD !

coulkd the voices be used? Does anyone want to try some detective work to find the owners ? if its dead possible placeholder? used for non profit ?

alegedly created/stolen by an individual called "J0S3M4" this is his twitter http://twitter.com/#!/j0s3m4 its active !

i know rhino is guna slam this one down, as they have beef

Rhino
2012-07-03, 09:00
Your link above is to the USI Mod?

But I take it your talking about the Spanish forces mod for BF2, forgot its name but I very much seriously doubt they will want to trade with us after they stole our old Harrier GR7 model and when we caught them we where not best pleased with them :p

But I very much doubt they even had any Spanish voices? If anyone can find them then ye, could look into it but very much doubt they would allow us to use them and we are not going steal anything, even if they did steal from us :p

=-=kittykiller
2012-07-03, 09:08
from what i have read rhino its seems that o****** *****e mod did infact have a spanish voice set.

the guy is spanish i have no idea what to say to him or anything,

if you are not oposed on principal alone, maybe inroads could be made by a SPANISH or ARGENTINIAN brother of ours?

That is if they still exist, this could be seen as some sort of redemption for him, IF his voice set is

a./ real
b./ any good
c./ believed to be his property.

if you are reading this nad you are spanish or know the language or better yet from the argentinian community although its not going to be correct, its not FRENCH PM him on twitter and find out whats up be nice
Twitter (http://twitter.com/#!/j0s3m4)

Rhino
2012-07-03, 09:20
I dunno why your not saying the mods name, Operation Sunrise is what it was... Operation Sunrise mod for Battlefield 2 - Mod DB (http://www.moddb.com/mods/operation-sunrise)

But as I said, I don't have any problem with using there Spanish voices, providing A, they have them and B, they are good quality but as I said, I very much doubt they will give them to us.

=-=kittykiller
2012-07-03, 10:18
well

"the mod that dare not speak its name"

seems universally reviled, hated and shamed. Also yeah total longshot, just putting it out there, hoping a spanish speaker will make the effort to click the linbk above and ask.

BroCop
2012-07-03, 11:24
"the mod that dare not speak its name"
ask.

Nations at War?

=-=kittykiller
2012-07-03, 21:09
not helpful mate are you saying the voices were stolen from "nations at war" or do you not understand the mod is called "op sunrise"?

once again if u speak spanish why not twitter this guy whose mod had spanish voices and ask him, longshot.

>link to his feed that is active.

otherwise i think french is best

Pvt.LHeureux
2012-07-03, 23:48
No kitty, what CroCop thought was that "the mod that dare not speak its name" is Nations at War, because Nations at War has stolen content from every other mods and games, even Call of Duty.

=HCM= Shwedor
2012-07-04, 02:35
+1 for German because Argentina has a large German population, even if they don't always speak German.

Pvt.LHeureux
2012-07-04, 08:49

You rather have the Argentinians to speak arabic as they do currently? :???:

Wakain
2012-07-04, 21:14
You rather have the Argentinians to speak arabic as they do currently? :???:

quite apart from the fact that spanish and arabic have some overlap in vocabulary I believe you know as well as I do that he means he'd rather wait years to have perfect Argentinean Spanish voices than have a rudimentary, full-of-placeholders-but-damn-playable-build ready within not too long a time. ;)

alexandrei07
2012-07-05, 20:50
+1 for German because Argentina has a large German population, even if they don't always speak German.

Are you a wrong man , Italians and Spanish formed the most population.

SShadowFox
2012-07-05, 21:25

Maybe the US forces could use Chinese voices if you're right.

Far as I know, the country that is not Germany that have most German people (or descendant) is Austria, in the Americas, I don't know, but in the South of Brazil (almost Argentina, but almost Uruguay too and also almost Paraguay) have much German descendant.

Sorry if my English was not good ;)

Stealth Clobber
2012-07-05, 22:29
KhpiZO2nvzg

This is the only video I could find containing voices from that mod. And it's only a couple voices, not very good quality.

Voice is at 52 seconds and at 1:28.

I've searched through about 6 pages in Google, all DL links are dead. Seems the only way you could get your hands on this mod is getting it from somebody who still has it or the developer himself.

=HCM= Shwedor
2012-07-05, 23:26
Are you a wrong man , Italians and Spanish formed the most population.

I said a large population, not MOST of the population. And they lack Spanish voices, so why not German?
Fortunately for the US faction, there are plenty of English voice overs available so they don't need to use Chinese :P.
German Argentine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Argentine)

Wiki says about 7.5% of the population, which is a decent number.

Souls Of Mischief
2012-07-06, 14:00
Rhino;1789997']Looks like French may win this one :p

Haven't played PR in ages. But, IIRC, there was a difference in the voice and as someone else mentioned, in the commo options. I would't go as far and say that the RAF are using an obscure dialect, but then again I am not all familiar with different Russian dialects. For me, both factions language sounds authentic (i.e.- Russian).

Rhino
2012-07-06, 14:40
Haven't played PR in ages. But, IIRC, there was a difference in the voice and as someone else mentioned, in the commo options. I would't go as far and say that the RAF are using an obscure dialect, but then again I am not all familiar with different Russian dialects. For me, both factions language sounds authentic (i.e.- Russian).

Lol, for a min I thought you where talking about the Royal Air Force, never heard the Russian Armed Forces refereed to as the RAF before, perhaps for pretty obvious reasons :p

Souls Of Mischief
2012-07-06, 15:38
Rhino;1791213']Lol, for a min I thought you where talking about the Royal Air Force, never heard the Russian Armed Forces refereed to as the RAF before, perhaps for pretty obvious reasons :p

LOL, I was just lazy to type Russian Armed Forces :P

=-=kittykiller
2012-07-06, 19:19
KhpiZO2nvzg

This is the only video I could find containing voices from that mod. And it's only a couple voices, not very good quality.

Voice is at 52 seconds and at 1:28.

I've searched through about 6 pages in Google, all DL links are dead. Seems the only way you could get your hands on this mod is getting it from somebody who still has it or the developer himself.

are you retarded i posted the guys twitter feed link on page 3 SO U CAN CONTACT THE DEVELOPER of the mod to ask wtf why dnt u read

=-=kittykiller
2012-07-06, 19:20
not helpful mate are you saying the voices were stolen from "nations at war" or do you not understand the mod is called "op sunrise"?

once again if u speak spanish why not twitter this guy whose mod had spanish voices and ask him, longshot.

>link to his feed that is active.

otherwise i think french is best

BUMPETY BUMP

Jolly
2012-07-07, 09:15
French without doubt. All come from lartin.
Chinese makes the least sense. lol, Would really feel weird when play falkland mod whild Chinese involved.:p

BTW, why can't ask those Argentina players for help? I am sure they are willing to help.:p

Rhino
2012-07-07, 10:00
Not as simple as just asking if a few people will do it. I do not know the in and outs of sound recording as that isn't my area but from what I'm aware, you need three dedicated people minimum, with good recoding equipment in a sound proof room to record god knows how many lines each and that takes a lot of dedication, work, and possible investment (into recording equipment, sound proof room etc).

But you would really need to talk to someone like Jaymz about this as I really don't have a clue as to what's required etc.

Kevokpo
2012-07-07, 15:38
Rhino;1791492']Not as simple as just asking if a few people will do it. I do not know the in and outs of sound recording as that isn't my area but from what I'm aware, you need three dedicated people minimum, with good recoding equipment in a sound proof room to record god knows how many lines each and that takes a lot of dedication, work, and possible investment (into recording equipment, sound proof room etc).

But you would really need to talk to someone like Jaymz about this as I really don't have a clue as to what's required etc.

Is there any chance of sending some argentinian voices as a placeholder, BUT not recorded in a sound proof room just standing in front of a mic and recording the voices? of course will try to keep them as high quality as possible. A friend of mine, MacDouche will do the job ;)

Rhino
2012-07-07, 16:03
I really couldn't say since I'm not a sound guy but since there are sooo many to do, your most likely best off doing it properly if your going to do it at all as your talking many hrs of work since there are quite a lot of files to rec.

=-=kittykiller
2012-07-07, 16:53
TO THE ABOVE POSTER

perhaps using the ghetto sound booth? u could do a test of 3 phrases.
they would need to be standardized in volume, have EQ or range tweeks to remove hiss i.e. basic sound editor,

finally u put 2 single matress to block off one corner of your room all that is in it is a stereo mic recording equipment oustside try doing a tester, u really have to be in the same room FACT

Pvt.LHeureux
2012-07-07, 21:19

I think militia = Russians from BF2 : Special Forces
Standard russians in PR = Russian voice files from standard BF2

BroCop
2012-07-08, 00:13
Pretty sure RU is from SF (considering there is a russian faction there...)

waldov
2012-07-08, 03:41
definitely go for the french ,Arabic or Chinese would sound so out of place it wouldn't be funny.

alexandrei07
2012-07-08, 08:08
Rhino;1790118']
At the end of the day, I'm not going to be sitting here, twiddling my thumbs when every other piece of the puzzle is in place, waiting to release this mod because one tiny item that doesn't affect gameplay is missing and no one is working on it and there is nothing I can do about it and its also something that I'm sure the PR community wouldn't like the mod being held back from release, just because of this small item which tbh, is a tiny bit of the game now VOIP/Mumble etc is so used, it isn't even necessary part of the game.

I totally disagree with this, you should have thought before. But this is only a game and I will not waste my time.

End of topic for me.

Pvt.LHeureux
2012-07-08, 09:19
Pretty sure RU is from SF (considering there is a russian faction there...)No, now I remember *facepalm*

The Russian spoke by the "normal" russians in PR is from the Russian Army in BF2 : Special Forces

The Russian spoke by the militia in PR is.... the Russian spoke by the militia in BF2 : Special Forces..

So both are from BF2 : SP

Rudd
2012-07-08, 09:42
alexandrei07 perhaps you can meet Rhino half way? Placeholders have been used in PR for most factions, quite honestly the British voices are a source of much amusement amongst us for example. If you can get something acceptable together it would benefit everyone.

You need a soundproof room, a high quality mic and as Rhino says at least 3 dedicated voice actors to go through a myriad of sounds. I think Afterdune has had experience messing with the voices, so he might be a good guy to PM for exact instructions regarding the actual files. If the sounds aren't perfect, that's probably ok as long as somone can clean them up a bit in a sound editor.

But Please continue to engage with this project.

Rhino
2012-07-08, 10:26
I totally disagree with this, you should have thought before. But this is only a game and I will not waste my time.

End of topic for me.

Yes the thought did occur to me that there was no Spanish/Argentinian voices in PR/vBF2 before I started working on this, just that its not a game braking issue and in reality, is a very small part of the game which only helps with immersion, with in the sound setting options there is the option to have all your ingame sounds for all factions as English...

BTW Alex, when where you planning on making Argentinian voices for your mod(s)? If its such a big deal I'm surprised it wasn't the first thing you did.

EDIT: also just FYI, this wouldn't be the first faction ingame without proper voices, as the Vietnamese are using the Chinese voices which is just wrong, but haven't heard you or anyone else complain about that one :p

Arnoldio
2012-07-08, 15:09
French or Hebrew, but more towards french. :D

Antol
2012-07-08, 17:27
Anders should record something in his car :D like for soundmod. You know, like "1 hour of work".:D

Arc_Shielder
2012-07-09, 07:37
Anders should record something in his car :D like for soundmod. You know, like "1 hour of work".:D

That was the first thing that came to mind. : P

Is there any chance of sending some argentinian voices as a placeholder, BUT not recorded in a sound proof room just standing in front of a mic and recording the voices? of course will try to keep them as high quality as possible. A friend of mine, MacDouche will do the job ;)

PM me and I'll try to get you in touch with Anders. He might give you instructions in how to accomplish high quality sounds in a resourceful way.

Rhino
2012-07-09, 08:19
Ye sounds good, although I would suggest only doing a few, say between 5 and 10 sample sounds first just to make sure the quality is acceptable (with sending them to me so I can get them approved or not), before going ahead and doing all of them, to find out afterwards that it isn't and then all that work being for nothing.

Jolly
2012-07-09, 10:17
Rhino;1791847']
as the Vietnamese are using the Chinese voices which is just wrong, but haven't heard you or anyone else complain about that one :p

We did, but we don't have too many guys from vietnam. lol

Actually, if DEVs need help, why dont you guys post it and ask those certain grounps for help?:grin:
We have all kinds of ppl from all kinds of areas or regions here, after all. hehe:D

BTW, a little be offtopic, I did trying to find some vietnamese players for voice help, but I've never find any, or contacted a guy used to play with.:(

Rhino
2012-07-09, 10:48
Ye, complaining was the wrong word as naturally, anyone who can tell the difference would complain about as it is an issue, no doubt about that. More what I meant is that no one refused to play it and thought it was a total game breaker because the Vietnamese don't have the correct voices :)

And ye, we do need to look into getting proper Vietnamese voices too in the long run, in the same way we need to get Argentinian voices in the long run, but not being able to get them in the short run shouldn't mean we can't release without it. Hell when the British forces where first released in PR, they only had a few infantry weapons, buggy player models and skins, a Saxon and that was it but because we released it in that state meant we could build on it over time, which we wouldn't have been able to do so successfully as the motivation to do so wouldn't be there and we wouldn't have got many of the new team members from releasing it to make it happen also.

Jolly
2012-07-09, 11:19
Just feel odd when playing, but it never bother our playing of those maps.

Edit, not complaining actually.:p

Psyko
2012-07-09, 21:22
alex why don't you just do it? its an easy way to make your mark in PR for very little work. some people would leap at the opportunity to help.

You have a mike already. Just download audacity, record some of the commo rose sentenses and save them as MP3, then upload them onto 4shared and send them to rhino.

really it couldnt be easier.

Kevokpo
2012-07-10, 17:17
alex why don't you just do it? its an easy way to make your mark in PR for very little work. some people would leap at the opportunity to help.

You have a mike already. Just download audacity, record some of the commo rose sentenses and save them as MP3, then upload them onto 4shared and send them to rhino.

really it couldnt be easier.

When I have free time I will start doing the voices, they will not be that good but is better than nothing :D

AxeeLSkyHawK
2012-07-11, 01:12
The Armed Assault and Operation Flashpoint Falklands are Argentine voices! , Can extract and use in PR-F

Rhino
2012-07-11, 04:41
The Armed Assault and Operation Flashpoint Falklands are Argentine voices! , Can extract and use in PR-F

Well they need to say the correct things which are required for BF2 ie, "Enemy Jet Spotted", "We need repairs here", "Requesting Supplies" etc and we need three types of voices.

If they do match what we need, fill in all the gaps or can have the same orignal recorders fill in the gaps (so each sound, sounds the same) and have 3 diffrent sound types (Grunt, Squad Leader, Commander, although tbh for a PH just one voice type for all 3 would be better than nothing) and we could get the permission from the orignal creators to use them, then ye.

alexandrei07
2012-07-14, 21:11
Rhino;1791847']BTW Alex, when where you planning on making Argentinian voices for your mod(s)? If its such a big deal I'm surprised it wasn't the first thing you did.

Yeah, I thought my friend Project Reality en Espa?ol - RealityMod Latinoam?rica (http://foros.realitymodla.com/f17/sounds-marchas-sonidos-para-la-faccion-621.html), but I get tired of asking for help of the setting of ogg files, but let this silly discussion, I just want to do my best this mod and if the others did not bother to claim it's their problem.

keep going:!:

Rhino
2012-07-14, 21:22
but I get tired of asking for help of the setting of ogg files

Setting of thous files are not imporant right now, when all you need now is just high quality .wav (I'm guessing) files which then later can be converted into the correct format.

But as I keep on saying, I'm not a sound guy and I really can't help.

If you really do want to help, or know someone who dose (your link btw doesn't work for w/e it is, just brings me to a login page...) then you should PM Jaymz and Sofad about this as they are the guys who have done this before and know what to do, I don't have a clue.

alexandrei07
2012-07-14, 21:27
When I have free time I will start doing the voices, they will not be that good but is better than nothing :D

The voices of BF2 PR_ reference in English are in this directory: C: \ Program Files \ EA GAMES \ Battlefield 2 \ mods \ pr_edit (PR or BF2) \ common_client \ Sound \ English; are You working on this with Brianbraker?, I send an email with files From: a_vaccarezza@live.com.ar Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 1:32 a.m. To: Brainbraker Cc: Brainbraker Subject: I send the files, not that you got active account so send it to both.

Wicca
2012-07-17, 09:52

this.

If its possible.

SShadowFox
2012-07-17, 14:09
I think that is time to say that French won and close the thread.

Psyko
2012-07-21, 15:38
aaghh....no offence to French people but i don't think French would suit.

I cant believe that there are so few Spanish playing this mod. I think people picked french because its not in the mod yet. Go and actually compare spanish to french on youtube people...if anything spanish sounds closer to something between arabic and russian.

I picked american because i would prefer it to be in English and it would distinguish between british english and *cough* american. At least until there was a suitable replacement.

Linx_esp
2012-07-21, 17:58
aaghh....no offence to French people but i don't think French would suit.

I cant believe that there are so few Spanish playing this mod.

I think we are more than 50 Spanish playing PR, even more than the argentinians.

Go and actually compare spanish to french on youtube people...if anything spanish sounds closer to something between arabic and russian.

You mad, bro? :roll: I know Spanish language is a little difficult, but not such :-P

alexandrei07
2012-07-21, 22:33
Sorry but I think you know nothing of the Argentina, only the madness of Maradona, Tango, meat and the best soccer player in the world "Lionel Messi" :mrgreen:, I was born in Argentina and lived all my life in my country, travel for work to several countries Brazil, USA, Germany, and France and I assure you that we have nothing to do with the language rather than derived from the Latin, our mother country is Spain and our official language is Castilian, 200 years after the fudge a little slang ;-), the language closest to use is the mod Spanish, no doubt. Also two members of [RMLa] Argentina are working on the voice but it will take time, I believe that after the launch may make a patch.

lucky.BOY
2012-07-21, 22:55
Well I hope they can make those sounds, that would be great. Are they coordinating their efforts with someone from the team? It would be best, as Rhino said prevously, to shoot some lines as example and then give them for approval to Rhino ( or better yet, a dev that has something to do with sounds), to see if they are up to PR quality.

One would say anything is better than having a completely different language, french, but as you yourself have said, alexandrei, "Do it well or dont do it at all", if I recall correctly :)

WeeD-KilleR
2012-07-22, 20:08
Put the british voice in there as a placeholder. Just for shit and giggles. Can you imagen how confusion it would be for 2 factions to have the same voice.

Rhino
2012-07-22, 21:21
Put the british voice in there as a placeholder. Just for shit and giggles. Can you imagen how confusion it would be for 2 factions to have the same voice.

Not very since the only time you hear the enemy voices is when your right up and close to them, which by that time they are hardly using them, if ever :p

Psyko
2012-07-23, 02:48
well the Moores had spain for a long time so their islamic tongue may have rubbed off on the latin making modern Spanish. I know i dumbed that discription down, but its possible right? Maybe a Spaniard can actually shed some light on the subject.

Arc_Shielder
2012-07-23, 11:27
well the Moores had spain for a long time so their islamic tongue may have rubbed off on the latin making modern Spanish. I know i dumbed that discription down, but its possible right? Maybe a Spaniard can actually shed some light on the subject.

Like the portuguese, the spanish adopted a lot of arabic words (the most, actually) - in the era of Reconquista -, but other than that it's not even remotely similar phonetically.

Angriff
2012-07-23, 11:29
You are essentially right, thought all Romance languages did evolve in a different way, so that even in Spain there are several differentiated Romanic languages. Some of them were less if at all influenced by Arabic as the ocupation of some areas was brief. Castilian aka Spanish was heavely influenced by the Arabic of the time through centuries of wars and cultural exchange and many words remained. But the influence was lesser than, let's say, that of the French and Nordic languages in English, since the Christian Kingdoms that later composed Spain were born out of the Visigoth elite (that previously ruled Spain) very few years after the Islamic conquest.

SShadowFox
2012-07-23, 19:58
I didn't know that Portuguese have Arabic dialects, at least I never identified, please send by PM (some of they obviously) to me Arcturus, as this isn't something to post in this forums...

Arc_Shielder
2012-07-25, 23:21
I didn't know that Portuguese have Arabic dialects, at least I never identified, please send by PM (some of they obviously) to me Arcturus, as this isn't something to post in this forums...

I know what you mean, how it changed us lexically, not dialects - that's something else.

Here's something for you to check to keep this simple: Portuguese words of Arabic origin - Lexiophiles (http://www.lexiophiles.com/english/portuguese-words-of-arabic-origin)

SShadowFox
2012-07-26, 00:39
Awesome Arcturus, thanks...

ON Topic : Sooo, what is Rhino waiting to say that French definitely won...

Doc.Pock
2012-07-27, 08:58

they did. rhinoid call it over. atleast the poll

alexandrei07
2012-08-11, 06:56
That's all gentlemen, I warn you that Rhino makes a formal complaint with our Foreign Ministry to intervene in this topic if you do not respect the minimum conditions which we speak, I only read jokes and nonsense, you are hereby warned.

Rhino
2012-08-11, 10:41
That's all gentlemen, I warn you that Rhino makes a formal complaint with our Foreign Ministry to intervene in this topic if you do not respect the minimum conditions which we speak, I only read jokes and nonsense, you are hereby warned.

I'm sorry you've totally lost me..

paul161616
2012-08-14, 05:43
le french!

=-=kittykiller
2012-08-15, 13:39
we shud reskin some foreigners with madonna soundboard from evita

this in the name of realism

Rhino
2012-08-17, 22:22
Right guys after much thought and debate we have decided to go with American English voices for the Argentinian faction as its Place Holder (PH) Voices.

Even thou it came 2nd in the poll with only 11% of the vote, it is the default voice of BF2 and for that reason, its going to be more understood to be a PH voice set than French, which will most likely sound like a mistake to anyone who hasn't seen these topics.

Hopefully at some point in the future we will get a proper Argentinian voice set but in the mean time, we are just going to have to work with what we've got.

Cheers!