PDA

View Full Version : Will it even be fun?

zamani532
2012-04-10, 03:05
I have a hard time PR is going to be much fun on this massive 16x16 barren map, its going to be boring and people will avoid it like they do with some of the larger 4x4 maps already in PR.. and those are actually moderately detailed. How are they gonna keep it fun..?

Q2M100
2012-04-10, 03:51
I think it is a great concept. Considering that we can now have 200+ players in a server, a large scale naval invasion will be awesome!

It isn't always about the landscape. Often a mountain or a hill can be just as effective in creating dynamic firefights as a city.

Rhino
2012-04-10, 05:10
I'm going to be doing everything I can to make sure it will be :p

It will certainly be very different from most other maps ingame but at the end of the day, even thou this is a 16km map, the ground combat is focused around a 3km by 2km area:
http://realitymodfiles.com/rhino/promo/falklands_02-04-12/falklands_plan_tn.jpg (http://realitymodfiles.com/rhino/promo/falklands_02-04-12/falklands_plan.jpg)

And yes, while there will be much more running around than a normal map, the long view distance (VD) enables combat at much longer ranges, although the lack of scopes will also be an interesting mix into that. Lack of vehicles also means this is very much a infantry and air combat map which we don't really have that mix currently in PR so in a lot of ways, this map is something that hasn't been seen before in PR.

But at the end of the day, how fun it will be very much comes down to your own interpretation of the map.

mangeface
2012-04-10, 05:32
I think it'll be awesome. Will there be any mapping of South Georgia? Maybe recreate the Invasion of South Georgia where the Lt Keith Mills and his 21 British Royal Marines defended against the Argentinians.

Source of knowledge: this awesome book I read about the battle.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Battle-Falklands-Max-Hastings/dp/0393301982/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1334036140&sr=1-1

Rhino
2012-04-10, 05:36
As per this topic: https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f562-pr-falklands-general-discussion/109343-falklands-initial-modding-topic.html

CTRifle said he might give it a shot :)

Antol
2012-04-10, 10:36
Sea Harrier WEEEEEEEEEE :D

TheOldBreed
2012-04-10, 12:10
Is the Cope Patholic? You get to stick it to the bloody Argies! What's not going to be fun?! Looks like a good concept, although I dread to think how long a round will last...

mangeface
2012-04-10, 13:41
Rhino;1757493']As per this topic: https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f562-pr-falklands-general-discussion/109343-falklands-initial-modding-topic.html

CTRifle said he might give it a shot :)

Cool beans. Although I do agree with what you said. There wasn't much of a battle other than when the Argentinians invaded the island (with like some 60 marines against the British 22) and when the SAS/SBS (can't remember which one, although I think it was the SBS) went there and a Sea King crashed in the weather. I know the Argentinian detachment there surrendered to the British commandos.

Rhino
2012-04-10, 13:55
SAS mainly but might have been some SBS too and it was two out of the 3 Westland Wessex that crashed due to white-out conditions :p

mangeface
2012-04-10, 14:43
Rhino;1757658']SAS mainly but might have been some SBS too and it was two out of the 3 Westland Wessex that crashed due to white-out conditions :p

That's right. And the 3rd lifted all of them back to the ship they set off from. Pretty impressive for that aircraft. I'm going to re-read my book so I can have a little better insight to the conflict.

zamani532
2012-04-10, 14:56
can you even see people at 2-3KM? We're going to need better optics for the binoculars for this map, maybe give it double the zoom it currently has.

Rhino
2012-04-10, 15:10
can you even see people at 2-3KM? We're going to need better optics for the binoculars for this map, maybe give it double the zoom it currently has.

They are a tiny spec and as for better optics, scopes where very uncommon back then and we are thinking about trying a more realistic approach for the binoculars in this ie, only squad leaders and a few other kits will get them.

As such, engagements at ranges will be quite difficult, but possible :)

mangeface
2012-04-10, 15:16
Rhino;1757690']They are a tiny spec and as for better optics, scopes where very uncommon back then and we are thinking about trying a more realistic approach for the binoculars in this ie, only squad leaders and a few other kits will get them.

Like in the PR:V mini mod?

Rhino;1757690']As such, engagements at ranges will be quite difficult, but possible :)

Wait. Are you suggesting someone might actually try to engage another person at 2-3 km? So does this mean we're going to have .50BMG scoped rifles?;-)

Rhino
2012-04-10, 15:30
Ye, PR:V is also trailing it but not see easy to tell its effects in dense jungle :p

And scopes on 50cals where just as uncommon as scopes on rifles back then :p

Which is a point need to remove the zoom from deployable HMGs...

SamEEE
2012-04-10, 18:15
Would suggest changing deployable 50 calibre to deployable GPMG pit

rodrigoma
2012-04-10, 21:30
it in this situations that i think tehre should exist a arma 2 kind of zoom for the iron sights, we cant really get a realistic view on long /medium range combat with the current resolutions

Yarri2006
2012-04-10, 21:43
Would be interested to see how this plans out since I have spent 4 months on that shitty island, would love to drop a JDAM on the annoying penguins.

Rhino
2012-04-10, 21:51
it in this situations that i think tehre should exist a arma 2 kind of zoom for the iron sights, we cant really get a realistic view on long /medium range combat with the current resolutions

arma2 zoom feels soooooo unrealistic to me... One of the big things I personally think PR:ARMA2 should have removed.

Yes I've heard all of the arguments for it, but for me, they don't personally add up and BF2's fixed FOV feels a lot more realistic and much easier to be immersed in I find.

And sorry Yarri, no penguins to kill :(

Pvt.LHeureux
2012-04-10, 23:20
Would be interested to see how this plans out since I have spent 4 months on that shitty island, would love to drop a JDAM on the annoying penguins.Hahhahaha made me laugh :mrgreen:

jax
2012-04-10, 23:38
Rhino;1757854']arma2 zoom feels soooooo unrealistic to me... One of the big things I personally think PR:ARMA2 should have removed.

Yes I've heard all of the arguments for it, but for me, they don't personally add up and BF2's fixed FOV feels a lot more realistic and much easier to be immersed in I find.

And sorry Yarri, no penguins to kill :(

Totally agree with you, I think it should be removed but thats for the ARMA part of the forums. To get back on topic I really like this idea, pushing the engine limits of the BF2 engine is awesome and I really hope it will be done, a jet layer would be really cool.

40mmrain
2012-04-11, 00:24
IF you like air combat then it will be, and god I LOVE air combat.

Sorry infantry bros, but we have about 20 maps for that.

Maverick
2012-04-11, 01:27
IF you like air combat then it will be, and god I LOVE air combat.

Sorry infantry bros, but we have about 20 maps for that.

Jizzzzzzzz

PricelineNegotiator
2012-04-11, 19:49
I'm gonna be flying that CAS Harrier the whole time man. No way am I letting someone take that baby from me.

Rhino
2012-04-11, 21:19
PricelineNegotiator has been banned from the server - TKing for asset.

CTRifle
2012-04-11, 21:45
Yep, already started :D Ill come up with a WIP after I get terrain set

rodrigoma
2012-04-12, 14:33
Totally agree with you, I think it should be removed but thats for the ARMA part of the forums. To get back on topic I really like this idea, pushing the engine limits of the BF2 engine is awesome and I really hope it will be done, a jet layer would be really cool.

i agree it is not realistical in terms of you dont zoom like that but , we are playing a game in a computer monitor that is not realistical at all, in ral life once soemone is 200 metres away he is not made of 4 pixel blocks

mangeface
2012-04-12, 15:39
Rhino;1757695']And scopes on 50cals where just as uncommon as scopes on rifles back then :p

Yeah, it was a joke Rhino. Just trying to figure out who would even attempt to engage targets at a range further than 300-400 meters.

Rhino
2012-04-12, 16:32
i agree it is not realistical in terms of you dont zoom like that but , we are playing a game in a computer monitor that is not realistical at all, in ral life once soemone is 200 metres away he is not made of 4 pixel blocks

Then you might want to think about getting a bigger monitor :p

ma21212
2012-04-12, 17:27
Rhino;1757690']They are a tiny spec and as for better optics, scopes where very uncommon back then and we are thinking about trying a more realistic approach for the binoculars in this ie, only squad leaders and a few other kits will get them.

does this mean your gonna increase the draw distances? not sure how far you can see currently in the 4km maps but is it around 1k?

rodrigoma
2012-04-12, 17:30
Rhino;1758708']Then you might want to think about getting a bigger monitor :p

I wish :-P:-P

Rhino
2012-04-12, 17:38
does this mean your gonna increase the draw distances? not sure how far you can see currently in the 4km maps but is it around 1k?

That depends on the object. No point in your gfx card working hard to draw an object if at 2kms its under the size of 1px :p

On most things I can't easily increase the draw distance on things as to do that in the way this minimod is done, you would first have to clone the object into a new file, change the line of code, then update any python code it might have used before to include the new objects name and then pack it in as part of the mod etc but on stuff critical to gameplay, like a truck only drawing at 1km, will happen yes.

But any vehicle that has been setup via this tut, should have there draw calls setup correctly so that they are only culled when small enough to be, w/e the distance is in relation to normal map VD: https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f189-modding-tutorials/92072-coding-cull-lod-switching-distances.html

PricelineNegotiator
2012-04-12, 18:33
Rhino;1758272']PricelineNegotiator has been banned from the server - TKing for asset.

Haha, I wouldn't really... or would I?

Edit: The CAS is probably going to be the biggest problem for infantry. On Test Airfield I've trained myself to hit targets from about 1.5-2 km away accurately. ZPU's won't be able to hit a harrier that far away accurately due to a number of variables, and MANPADS and stationary AA's won't stand a chance to a seasoned pilot. We'll see in game though, as there are always things that go wrong.

Vista
2012-04-12, 19:30
I'm gonna be flying that CAS Harrier the whole time man. No way am I letting someone take that baby from me.

Come at me, I'm the biggest CAS whore known to man :shock:

CTRifle
2012-04-12, 21:26
lol as long as he admits it xD

Rhino
2012-04-12, 22:54
Edit: The CAS is probably going to be the biggest problem for infantry. On Test Airfield I've trained myself to hit targets from about 1.5-2 km away accurately. ZPU's won't be able to hit a harrier that far away accurately due to a number of variables, and MANPADS and stationary AA's won't stand a chance to a seasoned pilot. We'll see in game though, as there are always things that go wrong.

Ye, with large VDs its much, much easier to dive bomb a target accurately, even with LGBs with long arming delays and with a bit of practice you can hit a target pretty much dead on, as Rank will tell you :p

I want to get some "Heavy AA" in, as per the design plan with some Rapier and Tiger Cat AA Missile systems but they need to be made from scratch.

Main thing I'm hoping on is to cut down the amount of CAS that happens from the amount of dogfighting there is that needs to be archived first before you can safely bomb without being intercepted at the same time.

doop-de-doo
2012-04-13, 00:46
16X16?

Omgomgomgomg....YEAH!

I know the jet pilots will appreciate it.

Bluedrake42
2012-04-13, 13:26
wait this is gonna be 16x16!?!?!?

Rhino
2012-04-13, 13:31
Falklands (Malvinas) Mini-Mod Announcement - Project Reality Forums (https://www.realitymod.com/forum/blogs/2363/b324-falklands-malvinas-mini-mod-announcement.html)

Rhino']I've been wanting to experiment with large scale maps for some time in BF2 and with this project I have finally had the excuse to able to do so, as the map is currently 16kms by 16kms (Kashan is 4kms by 4kms). This is achieved by ditching BF2's terrain, and making the terrain out of a staticmesh (aka, mesh terrain), which isn't without its problems however... The main thing however is that with this size of map, we can really portray the importance of the air campaign in the war to a degree not seen in PR before, as well as spreading out the ground combat a bit.

PricelineNegotiator
2012-04-13, 15:44
Rhino;1758878']Ye, with large VDs its much, much easier to dive bomb a target accurately, even with LGBs with long arming delays and with a bit of practice you can hit a target pretty much dead on, as Rank will tell you :p

I want to get some "Heavy AA" in, as per the design plan with some Rapier and Tiger Cat AA Missile systems but they need to be made from scratch.

Main thing I'm hoping on is to cut down the amount of CAS that happens from the amount of dogfighting there is that needs to be archived first before you can safely bomb without being intercepted at the same time.

Hell, I was talking about just using the main gun. I think that would work a lot better and the drop isn't significant enough.It's pretty easy to aim with the existing reticle and get 75% accuracy (at 2km). Enough to take out a tank or group of infantry in about 100 rounds without getting too close for AA lock on.

Is the Harrier's (GR3) cannon going to be the GAU-12 or the ADEN? Either way I don't think it matters.

VoodooActual
2012-04-14, 14:26
*Prays for Harriers and Royal Marine Commandos, maybe even.. a vulcan!?*

Rhino
2012-04-14, 14:33
Hell, I was talking about just using the main gun. I think that would work a lot better and the drop isn't significant enough.It's pretty easy to aim with the existing reticle and get 75% accuracy (at 2km). Enough to take out a tank or group of infantry in about 100 rounds without getting too close for AA lock on.

You might want to save the cannon for the jets since your likley to get pretty up close and personal with the enemy jets :p

Is the Harrier's (GR3) cannon going to be the GAU-12 or the ADEN? Either way I don't think it matters.

The ADEN cannon is what the brits used back then.

PricelineNegotiator
2012-04-14, 18:20
Rhino;1759607']You might want to save the cannon for the jets since your likley to get pretty up close and personal with the enemy jets :p

Are you implying that air-to-air missiles will not be in the mini-mod? I thought some Argentian jets were taken out by AIM-9s.

Rhino;1759607']
The ADEN cannon is what the brits used back then.

I was aware that these were used on the GR3, but wasn't sure if you were going to leave the GAU-12 on the Harrier. The ADEN is a 4-barrel revolver cannon mounted under the fuselage, right? That'll be different to use.

Rhino
2012-04-14, 18:34
Are you implying that air-to-air missiles will not be in the mini-mod? I thought some Argentian jets were taken out by AIM-9s.

Na, will be AA missiles, but only short ranged ones (and somewhat limited) and if your enemy is popping flares constantly, guns might be your best bet :p

I was aware that these were used on the GR3, but wasn't sure if you were going to leave the GAU-12 on the Harrier. The ADEN is a 4-barrel revolver cannon mounted under the fuselage, right? That'll be different to use.

From my understanding the "gun pod" for the GAU-12 looks basically the same as the ADEN gun pod, which has one gun in each pod.

http://imagery.vnfawing.com/archive/Weapons/AIM-9/p0001919.jpg

Then again, not 100% sure but all my sources say ADEN gun pods for Sea Harrier FRS1 and Harrier GR3.

ytman
2012-04-14, 23:55
I think it'll be a blast on a 100+ player server.

torenico
2012-04-15, 03:52
It'll be fun to fly a Skyhawk over the Brits :grin:

mangeface
2012-04-18, 08:38
Rhino;1759691']From my understanding the "gun pod" for the GAU-12 looks basically the same as the ADEN gun pod, which has one gun in each pod.

http://imagery.vnfawing.com/archive/Weapons/AIM-9/p0001919.jpg

That'd be correct. The GAU-12/U mounts similar to the ADEN. Using the picture above for a reference, in the GAU-12/U system the pod on the top (port or left side of the aircraft) is the 25MM 5-barrel rotary cannon and the pod on the bottom (starboard or right side of the aircraft) contains the ammo for it (300 rounds, precisely). The ammo is fed through a sleeve from the ammo pod to the gun pod through the belly of the aircraft.

In the USMC, our AV-8Bs rarely carry the guns during shipboard usage due to the extreme weight of the gun. If the gun is installed, the Harriers is restricted to carrying 1 500 lb bomb (it can take off with 1,500 lbs of ordnance without the gun). A couple of pictures of the USMC Harrier with and without the GAU-12/U.

AV-8B Harrier II+ without the GAU-12/U during shipboard take off.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8a/Harrier.av8b.750pix.jpg

AV-8B Harrier II with the GAU-12/U during land take off.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b8/AV-8B_Harrier_taking_off_in_Sierra_Leone_-_May_2006_%28Defense_Visual_Information_Center%2C_ USMC%2C_USDoD%29_CROPPED.jpg

To be honest, I couldn't find anything other than Wikipedia that said anything about what I just put. But I've got nearly 2 years of experience around these whistling shitcans from time on deployments with the 22nd Marine Expeditionary Unit as apart of the ACE (Air Combat Element) and talked a lot with their maintainers to see the limits of the aircraft (to be honest, just to have ammo to talk shit against them).

ComradeHX
2012-04-18, 09:15
I signed up for big maps with vehicles.

Screw Caw of Dooty; bigger maps = better.

Rhino
2012-04-18, 11:14
That'd be correct. The GAU-12/U mounts similar to the ADEN. Using the picture above for a reference, in the GAU-12/U system the pod on the top (port or left side of the aircraft) is the 25MM 5-barrel rotary cannon and the pod on the bottom (starboard or right side of the aircraft) contains the ammo for it (300 rounds, precisely). The ammo is fed through a sleeve from the ammo pod to the gun pod through the belly of the aircraft.

Ye, although with the British Harriers ADEN pods, both pods are cannon pods with the ADEN cannon, with 130 rounds in them each (260 total).

TBH to make the pod all I did was take the GAU-12 pod Stigger made for the AV8B, delete the side without the cannon and then mirror the cannon pod to the other side and made them one object :p
+ Stigger will hopefully do a quick reskin of it to get it into Sea Harrier/GR3 colours too :)

In the USMC, our AV-8Bs rarely carry the guns during shipboard usage due to the extreme weight of the gun. If the gun is installed, the Harriers is restricted to carrying 1 500 lb bomb (it can take off with 1,500 lbs of ordnance without the gun). A couple of pictures of the USMC Harrier with and without the GAU-12/U.

Ye, which is the main reason why I think us Brits stopped using them on the later versions but during the Falklands, they where always fitted to both Sea Harriers and GR3s and many reports of them being used during the conflict on mainly Pucaras but also on Hueys etc.

PLODDITHANLEY
2012-04-18, 12:16
Silly suggestion perhaps....

Game mode type Air superiority.

Make Aircraft carrier destroyable, equip it with AA that won't get lock below 15m ASL or within a shortrange (to give Argentinians time to get a bit of height to toss bombs), if Argentina can destroy carrier its all over....or land forces have no air cover and thus would get bombed to hell.

4 Super Etendards/Mirage no AIM9 only cannon and flares
2 Sea Harriers 2 crappy AIM9 each and cannon

Or am I mad?

Could make that a fun dimension on an over 64 server whilst predominantly land forces fight it out on the islands.

Guzzo
2012-04-18, 13:05
*Prays for Harriers and Royal Marine Commandos, maybe even.. a vulcan!?*

Gimme my Vulcan! :mrgreen:

Tirak
2012-04-18, 17:32
yWoqqxREIA4

On a different note, how are the guns going to fire? A separate slot for each pod, intervals or both together?

Rhino
2012-04-18, 18:16
Silly suggestion perhaps....

Game mode type Air superiority.

Make Aircraft carrier destroyable, equip it with AA that won't get lock below 15m ASL or within a shortrange (to give Argentinians time to get a bit of height to toss bombs), if Argentina can destroy carrier its all over....or land forces have no air cover and thus would get bombed to hell.

4 Super Etendards/Mirage no AIM9 only cannon and flares
2 Sea Harriers 2 crappy AIM9 each and cannon

Or am I mad?

Could make that a fun dimension on an over 64 server whilst predominantly land forces fight it out on the islands.

Interesting idea about not allowing the AA to lock below a certain height, although only way I can think of doing that would be to limit how much it can physically look down. Only way to do the min distance bit would be to make the AA missiles not arm in time to hit a target up close, but visually from the AA gunners POV, you could still lock and fire on the target but could give them a distance gauge on the target with a custom HUD so they could see what range the target is, possibly even making it turn red at a certain range but don't think that bit is possible.

Having the carrier destroyable however I don't think would be very good for gameplay as if no one was protecting the carrier for a few mins, would be very easy to take out.

How ever if you look at the design plan, the Exocet is in there ;)

On a different note, how are the guns going to fire? A separate slot for each pod, intervals or both together?

Will be like any other aircraft with two cannons ingame, Tornado GR4 being one that pops to my mind, which code wise is one weapon, with two barrels and shared combined mag count.

Cassius
2012-05-05, 16:51
People are avoiding 4X4 maps? Thats news to me. I found them to have a big potential of fun, if explosions at the hands of armor cas mortar and jdams is your idea of fun.

PLODDITHANLEY
2012-05-13, 07:30
IMHO 4km maps need a nearly full server and gameplay is heavily affected if one asset element of a team are bad.

Rhino
2012-05-13, 09:01
IMHO 4km maps need a nearly full server and gameplay is heavily affected if one asset element of a team are bad.

The really interesting thing about this map is its really fun with only a few players, all in jets and AA, and as such, I'm predicting it to be a pretty good seeder map :D

Not sure how well it will play thou with a 1/2 full server as then the guys on the ground might find it very hard to find anyone to shoot :p

PLODDITHANLEY
2012-05-13, 09:40
For inf it'll be more like a 2km map I think which is good. A safe bet if a server isn't full.

http://realitymodfiles.com/rhino/promo/falklands_02-04-12/falklands_plan_tn.jpg

saXoni
2012-05-14, 12:50
Come at me, I'm the biggest CAS whore known to man :shock:

Too bad you're horrible at it ;)

AnimalMother.
2012-05-14, 14:01
Just get me in that Chinook and it'll be fun

Doc.Pock
2012-05-14, 14:20
as long as i get to be starlight ( ;) ) itll be fun ;)

Futski
2012-06-30, 11:47
Would it be possible to have a kit representing the Gurkhas, with kukri daggers and whatever they had?

lucky.BOY
2012-07-01, 17:12
Well, specialist could possibly be ghurka, but we first need someone to do a ghurka soldier reskin, and that kukri would also have to be modeled, textured, animated and exported.

Not to mention this is really low priority, especially when we dont have any argentian skins, like one proper jet model for them, not even one armored vehicle, and so on..

Rhino
2012-07-01, 17:59
Well all the jets they have are actually the correct jets, other than the A-1H which isn't technically a jet, its a turboprop and a placeholder for the Pucara and the other is one of the Mirage IIIEA is carrying an Anti-Ship missile where the Super Etendard which was the plane that did that, which hopefully we will get in the long run, but other than that, we have a proper Mirage IIIEA, a proper IAI Dagger and a proper A-4C, just there models are not the best quality, but they do the job just fine :)

Also the Argies to have the LVPT-7, but that isn't used on the main layers :p

alexandrei07
2012-07-01, 19:14
Rhino;1789558']................................

Also the Argies to have ..................... :p

please do not use "Argies" in their comments, thanks.;)

Rhino
2012-07-01, 19:48
What's wrong with the term Argies? Any other short name we can call the Argentinians that you would prefer? Like we have Brits which is short for British, although that's not so much needed but having to type out Argentinians each time is quite a lot :p

Doc.Pock
2012-07-01, 19:51
Args? dunno, but Argies isnt really that dicriminative alexendrei

Igwaith
2012-07-03, 01:05
Argies it's ok for me, and I'm from Argentina... It doesn't feel discriminative...

Alex, todo bien pero menos sensibilidad que vienen con la mejor onda y con respeto.

CommunistComma
2012-07-13, 10:14
Urban Dictionary: argie (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=argie)
From my experience it's not word used but the tone implied. I could say "those argentinians" and despite being completely politically correct, I put on a tone of disdain.
I don't think Rhino was saying it disdainfully though.

Army Musician
2012-07-13, 14:18
Rhino;1757658']SAS mainly but might have been some SBS too and it was two out of the 3 Westland Wessex that crashed due to white-out conditions :p

The SBS were involved in and around fox bay on the West Island, scouting and directing fire.

They were on the green island in the middle of the bay. Whilst where I was stood taking the photograph, back in 1982 that was patrolled by the Argentinean forces.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w259/falcons1988/Facebook/Fox%20Bay%20%20Liberation%20Day/602537_4339950295927_527717180_n.jpg

Rhino
2012-07-13, 16:21
I was talking about the South Georgia SAS mission, but that's interesting info too: SAS Operations (http://www.britains-smallwars.com/Falklands/sas.htm)

CTRifle
2012-07-13, 16:27
I will read up on this ;)

RUSSIAN147
2012-08-01, 01:57

Have you guys considered using the L2A1 "Sight Unit, Infantry, Trilux" (SUIT) Sight?
It was designed for use in Northern Ireland, where the Brit soldiers were having trouble identifying targets in the low light conditions. It would make the engagements a little bit easier, considering the distance problems stated in an earlier post.

infantry weapons (http://www.forces80.com/infantry_weapons.htm)

SUIT Trilux Infantry Sight Unit (http://www.scribd.com/doc/61014172/SUIT-Trilux-Infantry-Sight-Unit)

Rhino
2012-08-01, 03:21
Have you guys considered using the L2A1 "Sight Unit, Infantry, Trilux" (SUIT) Sight?
It was designed for use in Northern Ireland, where the Brit soldiers were having trouble identifying targets in the low light conditions. It would make the engagements a little bit easier, considering the distance problems stated in an earlier post.

infantry weapons (http://www.forces80.com/infantry_weapons.htm)

SUIT Trilux Infantry Sight Unit (http://www.scribd.com/doc/61014172/SUIT-Trilux-Infantry-Sight-Unit)

Yes, its in the design plan if you have a look: https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f562-pr-falklands-general-discussion/109712-pr-bf2-falklands-design-plan.html

But it wasn't very common back then, unlike scopes today, so only planning on using it on the Marksman kits.

Kenty
2012-08-06, 16:18
Hearing about this made me shish kebab in my pants!

I really need to find my BF2 disc...

Rhino
2012-08-06, 16:28
if not, just buy another. Can get BF2 for ~5 squid from most places, probably less from internet download like Steam.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=google+shopping&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#q=Battlefield+2&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbs=p_ord:p&tbm=shop&sa=X&ei=X_AfUIPuOcm80QXUHg&ved=0CGAQuw0oAg&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=77b4ba3d407f0a1d&biw=1680&bih=878

Kenty
2012-08-07, 15:51
I'll probably have to get another disc as I've got Armoured / Euro as DLCs on Origin. Would be good to play again as BF3 was a huge disappointment (for me anyway).

Gunner4712
2012-09-03, 21:52
Every new faction/map/mini-mod/add-on/etc brings a new dimension to gameplay, so I can't see how this new addition won't improve gameplay and be just generally a blast.

Bringerof_D
2012-09-30, 18:33
i gotta get myself a stick and throttle with the falklands i might try and get back into flying a bit! also driving most tracked vehicles in PR is a bi*ch with keyboard.

CTRifle
2012-10-01, 00:27
Now I reallllyyy want a new pc so I can play it

fabioxxxx
2012-10-01, 13:47
8x8 "ai caramba!" logistics nightmare for truck drivers... resupplying a truck gg ._O_.

well i am rooting for this to be good ... not only for air combat , but also for the infantry...

PLODDITHANLEY
2012-10-02, 09:46
Combat area is smaller - plus lots of helis available as long as the Container ship isn't sunk - but they'll need air cover......

PlaynCool
2012-10-05, 18:17
I can hear the locking sound( trolololo) in my head already .It's gonna be tough flying on that map :)

Pvt.LHeureux
2012-10-05, 18:43
IT'S TIME :D