PDA

View Full Version : Normandy Insurgency

Hazzelnot
2012-04-06, 19:24
It would be cool with a Normandy insurgency map with the Germans being BLUFOR and French Resistance being the insurgents. Just a lil' idea!

Arnoldio
2012-04-06, 19:42
OR just germans having 88's to destroy, as caches. US has to find and blow them.

jax
2012-04-06, 20:14
I like the French partisan idea.

Pvt.LHeureux
2012-04-06, 21:40
Yes! Now give us French Partisans models. ;)

jax
2012-04-06, 22:35
Yes! Now give us French Partisans models. ;)

Now come on! Everything's better said than done.

AfterDune
2012-04-06, 22:39
Interesting idea. Would need a map for that though. And a faction, but a map is a bigger 'problem' I reckon.

Pvt.LHeureux
2012-04-06, 22:49
Well they could use captured german weapons. (I.E. lots of Kar98 and limited in certain weapons)

jax
2012-04-06, 23:40
AfterDune;1755340']Interesting idea. Would need a map for that though. And a faction, but a map is a bigger 'problem' I reckon.
The flak guns are a good idea as its not such a hard idea as maps can have INS layers, although I agree, the partisan map idea is harder because of where it would have to be (Paris). The Eiffel tower would be quite a cool thing though, would it not? :D The caches could be different statics, ie have one that is a crate of weapons, or a crate of radios, captured German vehicles, everything!

Redit
2012-04-12, 12:11
I think you'll find the French Resistance operated a lot further afield than Paris ;-)

Swaggzor
2012-04-12, 16:10
The idea for the 88's is gooooood For example:

A bocage map with 15 possible points on it where an 88 could be. The americans have to destroy 10 88's on these 15 places but have less people then the germans? that way the americans have to time their attack and really make it tactical.. there are always 2 knowns or maybe even 3 known places and so on

Kain888
2012-04-12, 16:51
It would be cool with a Normandy insurgency map with the Germans being BLUFOR and French Resistance being the insurgents. Just a lil' idea!

Awesome idea. French resistance as insurgents would be the coolest thing in PR. :D

NuclearBanane
2012-04-12, 21:05
How about a map of Paris?

Nazi occupied Paris, WOULD BE AWESOME!

Guys show your support for this map, throw them building models and props.
Make it a team effort.

( Talking about the French Resistance Idea )

88 Idea is ok however the allies shouldn't get Air assets
Reasoning: 88s would be very distinct and would make it feel less of patrol out to silence the guns and more like AAS with easy targets.

~Nuke

Bradley364
2012-04-12, 21:17
What if guys...what if...like...okay...

What if we took that French Resistance idea...but for caches, they're protecting like...Jewish families or something...maybe like in attics and basements. Germans gotta go find them...seems legit.

NuclearBanane
2012-04-12, 21:37
What if guys...what if...like...okay...

What if we took that French Resistance idea...but for caches, they're protecting like...Jewish families or something...maybe like in attics and basements. Germans gotta go find them...seems legit.

:cussing: Again?
This isn't funny, you guys have been thread derailing all week.
Its not funny.

~Nuke

Pvt.LHeureux
2012-04-13, 01:34
What if guys...what if...like...okay

What is we took that French Resistance idea, but for caches, they're protecting like...weapons or vehicles...maybe in like in attics and basements. Germans gotta go find them....seems legit.

NuclearBanane
2012-04-13, 01:42
What if guys...what if...like...okay

What is we took that French Resistance idea, but for caches, they're protecting like...weapons or vehicles...maybe in like in attics and basements. Germans gotta go find them....seems legit.

Wow mind = blown. Good turn arround.

Murphy
2012-04-13, 03:34
To make a map of Paris would need the Eiffel Tower would it not? I don't think it's such an easy static to model.

The French country side could be a great change of pace from the remote INS maps (Lashkar, Archer), as well as the dense city maps (Pretty much the rest of the INS maps). I'd like to see a quaint country town, with less confinement and more tactical options, kind of like the town in Vadso.

jax
2012-04-13, 04:20
I agree, and have the Resistance faction be somewhat as well equipped as the militia faction as they are a little more equipped than regular insurgents. I also think it would be cool not to side lock some of the vehicles (not tanks but only transport specific vehicles like jeeps and stuff) to immersify it more. Although this is not something seen in PR at all, I think it would infact add to gameplay.

Pvt.LHeureux
2012-04-13, 06:08
Mmh interesting Jax. I think it would be possible somewhere to get our hands on a French militia faction.. or maybe just use some modified models, etc.

Also a Paris kindda map would be totally hard to do, because we need city buildings, alot, civilian cars, lamps, etc. French Resistance operated in country sides too, like destroying railways prior to DDay and doing sabotage on radio antennas, vehicles, etc.

Paris doesn't fit with the minimod name aswell lol

sweedensniiperr
2012-04-13, 07:02
we need the resistance first before thinking about maps lol

AfterDune
2012-04-13, 07:09
We need maps first before thinking about other factions, lol :p.

Pvt.LHeureux
2012-04-13, 07:19
I can do maps without problem, I would gladly make a FF resistance map out of the 2km one I put on hold while I do the 1km one.

Give me a FF faction and I'll put them in a 2km country side style of map. :razz:

AfterDune
2012-04-13, 08:16
Get me a 2km map and we'll talk ;).

Pvt.LHeureux
2012-04-13, 08:17
I'll work on it one day, once I finish my 1km one. Also mind you guys that a FF faction is like under-low priority haha.

Murphy
2012-04-13, 14:55
The weapons are pretty much all modeled as they would be relieving dead/dying Germans of their weapons and possibly get supplies from Allied air drops. That would save a lot of time with the faction would it not? Would it be possible to remove kit restriction from the resistance faction? I realize they probably didn't get their hands on many mg42s, but I'd imagine if they did it would be one hell of an advantage in battle.

AfterDune
2012-04-13, 15:07
Best to focus on more maps first. The US and Germans are already in place. It's map we need. Later on we could always extend it by adding the French, but right now the focus is really on US and GER and their maps.

A. Reaper
2012-04-14, 18:40
I think you'll find the French Resistance operated a lot further afield than Paris ;-)

Bir Hakeim?

I'd very well enjoy hunting 88s/resistance camps.

However, I believe that before we can get the French in, we should get the Canadians (Juno Beach) and the British (Sword and Gold if I'm not mistaken).

Well, besides getting that 101st-82nd Airborne invasion at 2300.

KaizerSosa81
2012-04-17, 18:15
EDIT: Maps first, yes.

CommunistComma
2012-04-22, 15:36
FLQ faction!
Yeah!

Sgt_Doctor
2012-04-24, 19:36
I definitively love this idea !

I could help you AD for the French resistants. ;)

Ps : you know how to PM me.

Pvt.LHeureux
2012-04-24, 20:40
Sgt_Doctor;1763840']I definitively love this idea !

I could help you AD for the French resistants. ;)

Ps : you know how to PM me.
Holy BUNNY yes! :-P

AfterDune
2012-04-25, 05:50
I'm open for anything, but err.... what sort of map would be suitable for it? Keep in mind we don't have a lot of statics to form decent towns, only small groups of houses. You'll have to think of natural hiding places (shrubs, near/under rocks, some houses, etc.).

Make a suggestion and come up with an mspaint minimap for all I care ;).

Sgt_Doctor
2012-04-25, 10:35
AfterDune;1763994']I'm open for anything, but err...

Oh dear! :D

We should use an arfield and a train station.

With a quick static reskins, that would be maybe enough.

Pvt.LHeureux
2012-04-25, 11:38
My map could do, plenty of place for caches.

AfterDune
2012-04-25, 15:43
If you say so ;).

Well, then you guys need to define what playermodels to use, what kit geos and what kind of weapons and possible vehicles.

rodrigoma
2012-04-25, 16:49
hmmmm so the insurgency idea now is using the french resistance against the germans
what about using teh americans against the germans trying to find 88 and such, it would be a nice place holder and much easier to do

Sgt_Doctor
2012-04-25, 20:27
The Faction is not really a problem. (A quick reskin of the French resistants and, they can use the US or UK weapons.) It's more a map issue.

AfterDune
2012-04-25, 20:43
What playermodels and kit geos do you want to use then?

Sgt_Doctor
2012-04-25, 21:47
I don't know yet, but I will take a look (I just need a base to texture it). The resistants don't need any kit I think (or maybe one with a beret.) :D

AfterDune
2012-04-26, 06:53
Perhaps these, I don't know: Photo Album - Imgur (http://imgur.com/a/RZwmD#0)

They're russian kit geos from BGF (and we're allowed to use 'em).

A. Reaper
2012-04-28, 03:47
What if instead of hunting caches, we could use the current factions to hunt ammo dumps/factories or similar?

You wouldn't have to create a new faction (yet), I imagine all you'd need is a model or something for said dumps. I imagine it'd be hunting German-controlled ammo dumps in factories if there was an Operation Overlord layer.

LongHairedHuman
2012-04-28, 22:22
Sgt_Doctor;1764324']I don't know yet, but I will take a look (I just need a base to texture it). The resistants don't need any kit I think (or maybe one with a beret.) :D

Don't forget a striped shirt and a baguette as melee weapon.

BButcher666
2012-04-30, 18:06
I have an suggestion for the 88 idea

Every 5-10 minutes the commander gets some photos of the battlefield taken by a recon plane, he then has to examine the photos (being able to zoom in and out) and determine where the 88's may be, instead of the locations appearing on the map after killing a certain amount of germans.

Hazzelnot
2012-05-09, 20:47
What to do about the French comms then? Or will they be speaking English?

lucky.BOY
2012-05-09, 22:21
What to do about the French comms then? Or will they be speaking English?

Well, if French Forces are going to be included in PR 1.0, i would say they already got it sorted?

SamBrev
2012-05-26, 12:51
I have to say I like the idea of the BluFor (by which I mean the Allies) being the insurgents in this instance. The side searching for caches doesn't have to be BluFor, and those defending them don't have to be OpFor. Having a French insurgency is the way to go here. Love the idea.

Spiler
2012-06-28, 19:20
I just saw a documentary about operation Tombola in northern Italy. A group of partisans hiding in the dence forrests above the vally, and the germans had a garrison in the vally at some great Villa's.
The Partisans had alot of germans weapons and they were supported by some british SAS.

It like 5 min. ago I saw it, and I imideatly thoguht of PR:N.

More can be found on google

It's alot like your french Idea, but with Italiens. (its just a thoguht)

/Spiler
please don't mind the bad english

zenarion
2012-12-22, 16:45
If anything, limiting yourself to just french resistance isn't really required. Just make a "resistance" army with whatever. More maps can be made that way.

Either way, I love this idea.