PDA

View Full Version : PR:Mumble Public BETA v1.0

Pages : [1] 2

dbzao
2011-11-11, 09:49
This has been removed as it is no longer necessary after Project Reality: BF2 v1.0.

PRMumble is completely integrated into PR:BF2, there is no separate download or install. It will automatically launch in the background and connect you to the appropriate server after you have finished loading into the game.

dbzao
2011-11-11, 09:49
Known Issues

Squad Leader 8 can't hear other Squad Leaders talking specifically to him - NUM 8.

Fixed Issues

Commander doesn't hear Squad Leaders talking to all Squad Leaders.

http://i.imgur.com/X6l3j.jpg

MikeDude
2011-11-11, 09:56
Holy fucking shit.. Everything I always dreamed of... It's now here!!! WOOOOOHOOOO Thank you guys SO MUCH!!

This is EPIC!

BloodyDeed
2011-11-11, 09:57
yeah, so glad its finally there. Would love to welcome you today at New Era Warfare.

Mj Pain
2011-11-11, 10:14
OMG!! This is great stuff..
Great job guys, thanks.

Vincento94
2011-11-11, 10:14
that looks very good

JackONeill
2011-11-11, 10:16
I like this very much :D
Tiny question: Why did you not include OLUT-server?

sweedensniiperr
2011-11-11, 10:18
GENIUS!! HOW DID YOU MAKE THIS WORK??

here's for you guys:
C_VheAwZBuQ

as for new guys don't talk until you're in-game.

dbzao
2011-11-11, 10:22

This is not an issue anymore ;)

Rhino
2011-11-11, 10:23

They can't with the new system ;)

EDIT: damn ninja db!

Vincento94
2011-11-11, 10:42
Will we server admins also have banright to ban in our own channel as with the mumble spammers and all?

Or is the new system spam proof?

MikeDude
2011-11-11, 10:48
Its not working for the PRTA Mumble channel

It does not, auto switch you into the PRTA channel, once you join the server.

DoRn
2011-11-11, 10:59
Snares, .D0T and dbzao, thank you, thank you, thank you.

Oskar
2011-11-11, 11:11
I love you.

splatters
2011-11-11, 11:31
'bout time, eh?

I is very excited.

That is all.

ExeTick
2011-11-11, 11:34
Why is it so hard to set up the buttons you want to use? when you want to speak. I can only find Local speech. but nothing else.

Jote
2011-11-11, 11:37
Couple big bugs found. If normal Mumble is running while installing yo get errormessage: http://i.imgur.com/Uv4Sh.png
This can be avoided by shutting down Mumble before installing PR Mumble. This could be implemented to isntaller if it cannot't be avoided otherwise.

Second one is that system doesn't recognise difference between Mumble and PR Mumble. If Mumble is running and you try to start PR:M, then Mumble pops up open from tray but PR:M won't start. Same goes vice versa. I haven't found solution for this. It propably calls out for registrytweaks.

MikeDude
2011-11-11, 11:38
Couple big bugs found. If normal Mumble is running while installing yo get errormessage: http://i.imgur.com/Uv4Sh.png
This can be avoided by shutting down Mumble before installing PR Mumble. This could be implemented to isntaller if it cannot't be avoided otherwise.

Second one is that system doesn't recognise difference between Mumble and PR Mumble. If Mumble is running and you try to start PR:M, then Mumble pops up open from tray but PR:M won't start. Same goes vice versa. I haven't found solution for this. It propably calls out for registrytweaks.

Simple... Don't run both mumbles.

Gore
2011-11-11, 11:44
Good job guys.

Zrix
2011-11-11, 11:54
Good stuff.

Gosu-Rizzle
2011-11-11, 11:58
http://cdn2.holytaco.com/wp-content/uploads/images/2010/11/So_Much_Win.jpg

KiloJules
2011-11-11, 12:23
You guys are SOOO awesome!

That is what everybody hoped for and wanted to have, you delivered once again.

Thank you so much for your hard work and never ending ways to improve things.

I pull my hat in front of you all!!!!!

Downloading it right away...

DonDOOM
2011-11-11, 12:28
This is amazing work guys!

Waited so long for this, but with all these new features it was well worth the wait.

Awesome job ;)

Staker
2011-11-11, 12:35
I must admit, it is rather hard for me to keep my excitement hidden.

Tachidude
2011-11-11, 12:49
Hello mumblers!

New mumble is full of improvements making PRing easier, however i cant try them out because i cant get mumble linked with BF2. I did the "run as admin" thing, but still no luck. I think this might be Win XP related issue, any of you guys use this OS to play PR?

What is strange, new PR mumble can link to BF2 Vanilla, but not with PR.

Web_cole
2011-11-11, 12:51
OMFG yes, yes a thousand times yes.

ExeTick
2011-11-11, 12:56
its very fun to not to be able to set any buttons to speak with. I say use the old mumble instead of this crap. I want my choosed buttons to use.

:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x

BloodyDeed
2011-11-11, 12:59
You can, just use "Configuration->Settings->Shortcuts". ;)

Rhino
2011-11-11, 13:00
its very fun to not to be able to set any buttons to speak with. I say use the old mumble instead of this crap. I want my choosed buttons to use.

:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x

ehhh, just go settings, shortcuts tab and edit the buttons to w/e you want them to be?

EDIT: god damn ninjas everywhere today!

ExeTick
2011-11-11, 13:06
y but which one is for squad leader channel? which one is for your squad? dont really get this...

everything is PR comms. why not have like the old one? with squad leader channel and such?

Rhino
2011-11-11, 13:09
y but which one is for squad leader channel? which one is for your squad? dont really get this...

everything is PR comms. why not have like the old one? with squad leader channel and such?

Look at what the default buttons are as per the OP, then you can see what is for what.

dbzao;1693830']
Local Speech (default H): you talk to players in the 3D world in a radius around you.
Squad Radio (default NUM 0): you talk to your squad, no matter where they are, like BF2 voip B.
Squad Leader to all Squad Leaders Radio (default NUM *): you talk to all Squad Leaders in the team.
Squad Leader to specific Squad Leader Radio (default NUM 1-9): you talk to a specific Squad Leader in the team.
Squad Leader to Commander Radio (default NUM /): you talk to only the Commander, like BF2 voip V.
Commander to all or specific Squad Leaders Radio: same as described above, but starting with the Commander.

And you still have the old "squad leader channel", just without having to manually go into a SL channel and instead all you have to press is NUM * (default) to talk to all other SLs....

PLODDITHANLEY
2011-11-11, 13:18
Great sounding I will be testing it tonight.

Adriaan
2011-11-11, 13:34
Awesome work, I can't wait to use this. :)

mockingbird0901
2011-11-11, 13:57
Awesome! :grin:

DoRn
2011-11-11, 14:17
This deserves to be put on the frontpage so much.

PLODDITHANLEY
2011-11-11, 14:18
To confirm Mikes post not autolinking for PRTA, maybe because there are a few PRTA servers.

The server thats used is: 188.40.118.13
Name: PRTA Mumble server EU

Worked fine for me on NWA though great to talk direct to other squads

Also whilst on NWA I had the 1600 restart and I had to double click on NWA for it to auto connect me

lucky.BOY
2011-11-11, 14:26
Awesomesauce!!

Does this mean we'll be passing out BF2 VOIP in the future? That would force everyone to get on mumble, or to die of silence.

Are old mumble servers for those chosen PR servers still running? If yes, if i test this tonight, will the guys on the old mumble 0.5 be able to hear me?

-lucky

Mats391
2011-11-11, 14:28
To confirm Mikes post not autolinking for PRTA, maybe because there are a few PRTA servers.

The server thats used is: 188.40.118.13
Name: PRTA Mumble server EU

Worked fine for me on NWA though great to talk direct to other squads
well they all have same IP, here are the ports if they help
serverport: 16568
gamespyport: 29900

declan54321
2011-11-11, 14:29
This is unbelievably awesome. I can't wait 'till I can try it out! Thanks Devs!

Rhino
2011-11-11, 14:30
This deserves to be put on the frontpage so much.

There is a reason why its called a BETA :p

Antonyo
2011-11-11, 14:31
This sounds absolutely great and hope you soon can make this public =)

dbzao
2011-11-11, 14:34

The IP was right, it was the wrong port. It should be working now with this address: 188.40.118.13:16568. If they have another server, I could add it as well to not cause confusion.

Himalde
2011-11-11, 14:41
YES YES YES. Christmas comes early this year :D

To those that register on the mumble server, make sure you have a copy of your certificate, if not you'll never be able to register again with the same username.

Configure-certificate wisard- Export current certificate- export to: C/......something- save as.
You should have a copy of this somewhere else as well if your HHD breaks.

To devs:
1) Maybe demand the "I_have_saved_my_certificate" tolken to be able to register?
2) Allow server admins to manage groups in their server channel.
3) Shortcuts: When I press restore defaults all are removed
4) Disallow talk in main channel (game server), to stop talking between rounds, Allow temp channels in the main server area, for small talk, event planning etc.
5) Cant set up whispers to friends (so we can talk about the rest of you n00bs), groups (can be very useful for admin team, this is like a sl-channels for ingame admins)
6) Ingame serveradmins need a key-bind (ACL rights) to talk to the entire game server, regardless of team and squad.

PLODDITHANLEY
2011-11-11, 14:42
Thanks working now, AFAIK best to leave it as is we only use this one atm.

Waiting to unbind VOIP and switch it off asap......

Thanks again, marvellous to speak direct to one squad without fear of spamming all SLs...

Oskar
2011-11-11, 14:49
It works now. Thank you db.

BloodyDeed
2011-11-11, 14:55
Played the first round muttrah and its freakin awesome. We tried to promote it as good as we can and its great to see lots of guys joining.
I can only imagine how great the experience will be with 60 people on PRmumble.

Thanks alot!

Web_cole
2011-11-11, 14:56
Transmission quality is better, functionality is soooo much better in a lot of ways, bugs from previous version fixed.

Unless there is some major deal breaking bug this is looking altogether brilliant :D

PLODDITHANLEY
2011-11-11, 15:01
The only thing I wonder is if being able to see the composition of all enemy squads change anything?

KiloJules
2011-11-11, 15:05
Just tested and heavily promoted it on NEW and NwA Mixed.

Not sure if wanted/needed and in right place here but here is some feedback and help for interested people:

----------------

MAJOR BUMMER: The commander can talk on "All-SL" channel but doesn't hear it. In case squad 1 would say: "To all squads, bla bla bla" they had to repeat it for the commander via his own channel. That might not be too bad but would be better if fixed imo.

Hardly anybody knew about it yet...who wonders, probably most people don't check the forums before starting up the game.

If you install it and then directly want to use it it doesn't load into the official server right away. idk you have to finish the audio-wizard, close mumble and restart it. Then a login screen with Nickname: """""""" shows up and then it connects to the right root. This seems to be a major hinderance for some.

Automatic server/team/squad selection works...not all the time but in general it does.

1 bug occurred where all players of the server (or maybe all servers) got put to "root" and had to manually rejoin the specific mumble server. team and squad was automatic from there.
(Edit: read next page; an ingame-admin said it might have been a bug...what are the odds - lol - nvm then)

squad intern mumble ("sim" from now on?!) is way superior to BF2 voip in terms of quality.

There seems to be "no real button" assigned for sim...many people didn't know which one to change. Guess mumble doesn't recognise the "/" button correctly.

----------------

Help/questions/answers:

local speech is oc still available (you wouldn't believe how many people asked about that right away) but the default button has changed. No problem, just select your regular "local speech" button for it in the options menu.

sim is my shortening for squad intern mumble which is similar to BF voip (you can talk to anybody in your squad not depending on how far you are away from them - I went directly to set my mouse shoulder button, which I normally used for VoIP, to use it for "sim" because I wont use VoIP anymore when everybody has the new mumble set up.

mumble volume can be easily altered with two new hotkeys. Just create to new buttons in the options. Select for example "+" and "-" to adjust mumble volume. his nothing new but useful anyway :)

If it is needed I would be glad to help...because with this...when everyone uses it...PR takes the next leap! Thank you so much for this release full of win!!!

-----------------

Kind regards,

KiloJules

dbzao
2011-11-11, 15:10
The default is not any / it's the / in the numeric keypad.

PatrickLA_CA
2011-11-11, 15:11
Awesome, awesome, awesome, Downloading it now.

Gosu-Rizzle
2011-11-11, 15:13
Sooo.. Am i right in assuming we can have an unlimited amount of squads with this system? For 100+ player servers?

Stealthgato
2011-11-11, 15:18
Excellent.

Web_cole
2011-11-11, 15:32
1 bug occurred where all players of the server (or maybe all servers) got put to "root" and had to manually rejoin the specific mumble server. team and squad was automatic from there.

I don't think it was a bug, it occurred at exactly 15:00 GMT which is when the old PR Mumble server would restart every day. I'm guessing its the same with this new mumble.

Question: Does the mumble server only restart once in a 24 hour period? And if so would it be possible to change the time of the restart?

dbzao
2011-11-11, 15:38
Oh yea, that's probably what happened. I need to restart it at some time, and it's always going to be another countries bad time to do it.

Himalde
2011-11-11, 15:40
DB make it 2-3 hours before what it is, way less problematic.

I don't think it was a bug, it occurred at exactly 15:00 GMT which is when the old PR Mumble server would restart every day. I'm guessing its the same with this new mumble.

Question: Does the mumble server only restart once in a 24 hour period? And if so would it be possible to change the time of the restart?

Should not matter now (just register, and the server will remember what channel you are in). If you register, save the certificate somewhere safe(see my above post).

Web_cole
2011-11-11, 15:45
Should not matter now (just register, and the server will remember what channel you are in). If you register, save the certificate somewhere safe(see my above post).

Ah I didn't see that before, nice :)

sharpie
2011-11-11, 15:47
Fully prepared to get naked and worship you, in more ways then one.

Great stuff gents :D

cyberzomby
2011-11-11, 16:03
EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC!

Very good work! Gonna go back to PR when I have time to try this babey out!

Thats what I loved from the PR:T! Being able to talk to a squad directly!

Now all we need is a Mumble Launching client and we have everyone on Mumble!

Himalde
2011-11-11, 16:04
Other fun stuff:
Avatars (will show in overlay, and when hovering above name in mumble client)
Comments (channels and users)
Friends (in vanilla Mumble you could whisper to them)
Improved overlay
Record (mumble sound)
Reconnect to sever at startup (mumble)

BadMad
2011-11-11, 16:33
Very good news for all of us.
We were waiting for this update with great impatience. :)
Thanks a lot!

ShockUnitBlack
2011-11-11, 16:44
Very nice.

Vincento94
2011-11-11, 16:46
Some people on NWA have some issues getting linked while running XP are their any known issues?

Zrix
2011-11-11, 16:48
Would it be possible for an admin to unregister me? I'd like to re-register with another cert.

Germanius_GER
2011-11-11, 17:03
I just tested it and it is just great!! Everything just work fine for me.
Many thanks for this great programme!.

KiloJules
2011-11-11, 17:15
Updated my first post with:

an ingame-admin said the disconnect has been a bug...what are the odds - lol - nvm this then!

MAJOR BUMMER:

The commander can talk on "All-SL" channel but doesn't hear it. In case squad 1 would say: "To all squads, bla bla bla" they had to repeat it for the commander via his own channel. That might not be too bad but would be better if fixed imo.

dbzao
2011-11-11, 17:17
That's interesting KiloJules, needs to be fixed.

MaSSive
2011-11-11, 17:32
Rhino;1693925']ehhh, just go settings, shortcuts tab and edit the buttons to w/e you want them to be?

EDIT: god damn ninjas everywhere today!

I lold twice reading this thread :razz:

After the BETA, we will open for all server admins to get their channels setup. Please don't insist

If that is true this is finnally a long awaited prize. Thanks guys! Does TGs Teamsync has something to do with this?

Himalde
2011-11-11, 17:33
No, cant be undone, names=certs
You can get a new cert, but you can't have the same name.

Just save the one you have, can never .
Create a new one, register with new name.

Would it be possible for an admin to unregister me? I'd like to re-register with another cert.

TheAssProtectors.Nr1
2011-11-11, 17:58
This really is great. Now there's absolutely no reason not to use mumble!

lucky.BOY
2011-11-11, 18:01
Soo.. when is ingame VOIP turned off server side? Herp

Kwalc297
2011-11-11, 18:11
If that is true this is finnally a long awaited prize. Thanks guys! Does TGs Teamsync has something to do with this?

TG's teamsync is a separate program. However it does resemble it a bit(the auto moving etc).
Separate programs made by different people and both of them are amazing works!

MaSSive
2011-11-11, 18:28
TG's teamsync is a separate program. However it does resemble it a bit(the auto moving etc).
Separate programs made by different people and both of them are amazing works!

Thanks for answer, yes they sure are. Im spreading the word about teamsync on our forums and hopefully it will be implemented once we get all details sorted out. Youre right they work on same way and teamsync can work with mumble too.

Zrix
2011-11-11, 18:38
No, cant be undone, names=certs
You can get a new cert, but you can't have the same name.

Just save the one you have, can never .
Create a new one, register with new name.
Unless they un-register the name so it can be registered with a new cert. Which is what I asked for and they did.

Cheers db http://l0lwut.com/f/z/pics/misc/thumbsup.png

Snaggletooth87
2011-11-11, 19:02
OK. I got a problem like this:

When i try running new mumble as admin i got an error like that: the service cannot be started either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices

Tryed everything i could imagine, also tryed google that but nothing worked to get the mumble starded as an admin.
If i try run it without admin mode i stay in root channel or server root channel but mumble dont link me to correct side or team as should be auto done.
Fould few more ppl who got same problem and what i see thats not the Mumble error itself but operating system smthn, but still cant resolve that by myself.... Help anyone? :-?

witty_pseudonym
2011-11-11, 19:13
So this is making it easier, more effective, more realistic, and more efficient to communicate and promote teamwork....in other word the exact opposite of the direction BF3 is going where you can't even talk to your 4-man squad easily!

Excellent work. Thanks

doop-de-doo
2011-11-11, 19:24
Unexpected and awesome all in one combo!

Thank you.

Tachidude
2011-11-11, 19:34
For all those, who cannot get "Battlefield 2 linked" message check if you altered (deleted, change names) of files that are in BF2\mods\pr\movies. I've done this to get rid of intros for faster startup of PR, and new mumble cant link to PR. I started mumble and PR after a clean reinstall - "oh no, not those intros again..." but i looked at new mumble and saw that its now linked with BF2. Again I altered the files by changing their names (by adding "1" at the end) and mumble couldnt link. So for me its either no intros either mumbling. Hope it helps

ThirdSin
2011-11-11, 19:38
First, this is awesome!

Second, (i didn't see this posted, slap me if it was) - What about between rounds? Can the TEAM then chat and talk about the round between maps? (using 'H' I'm guessing?).

Super cool.

Tartantyco
2011-11-11, 19:50
I just came. And now my cat thinks I'm weird.

I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY!

Snaggletooth87
2011-11-11, 20:06
For all those, who cannot get "Battlefield 2 linked" message check if you altered (deleted, change names) of files that are in BF2\mods\pr\movies. I've done this to get rid of intros for faster startup of PR, and new mumble cant link to PR. I started mumble and PR after a clean reinstall - "oh no, not those intros again..." but i looked at new mumble and saw that its now linked with BF2. Again I altered the files by changing their names (by adding "1" at the end) and mumble couldnt link. So for me its either no intros either mumbling. Hope it helps

TACHIDUDE, ur made of gold mate. WORKS PERFECT. I would never got idea like that :D

Shovel
2011-11-11, 20:09
Will this work with people on the old mumble?

So, say, I went on TG, and some people were using the new mumble, and the rest were using the old. Would they be able to talk to each other?

Click
2011-11-11, 20:19
This is great and hopefully it will encourage more people to use mumble since it is so simple now.

drs79
2011-11-11, 20:48
Very very cool!!! Now let's get all the servers full and try this out on BF2:PR!!

Tommygun
2011-11-11, 21:21
@Tachidude..Im sure thats the prob Ive got but please dont tell me I have to do a reinstall to get the .bik files? Cant you give me the names of em and Ill bodge something or is there a way to extract them form the pr install files?
p.s Great work, its been driving me nuts!

What are the names of the files in this dir
BF2\mods\pr\movies

dbzao
2011-11-11, 21:21
First, this is awesome!

Second, (i didn't see this posted, slap me if it was) - What about between rounds? Can the TEAM then chat and talk about the round between maps? (using 'H' I'm guessing?).

Super cool.

Yes, between map changes everybody gets moved to the root channel of that game server and can talk.

Oskar
2011-11-11, 21:59
dbzao;1694182']Yes, between map changes everybody gets moved to the root channel of that game server and can talk.

This is good, but the teams can't coordinate between rounds on who does what and strategies (not that it happens often), if both teams are in the same channel.

Stealthgato
2011-11-11, 22:11
Now we need a new release of PR:BF2 to go with it ;D

maarit
2011-11-11, 22:16
I just came. And now my cat thinks I'm weird.

I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY!

I didnt came...and my cat thinks that im weird.
but....i managed to somehow to mess new pr mumble and it refused to work....
no local,no squad channel...everything was broken...i try everything.
then i uninstall and install again.....everything was perfect after then.

only bad thing were that overlay thing where you can filter who you see on overlay...but i managed to set it up correctly finally.

Wicca
2011-11-11, 22:43
Thank you so much DEVS!

MaSSive
2011-11-11, 23:13
@Tachidude..Im sure thats the prob Ive got but please dont tell me I have to do a reinstall to get the .bik files? Cant you give me the names of em and Ill bodge something or is there a way to extract them form the pr install files?
p.s Great work, its been driving me nuts!

What are the names of the files in this dir
BF2\mods\pr\movies

Names are

bss_intro.bik
menubg.bik
pr_intro.bik

Get them >here< (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XKHS3MYU)

Web_cole
2011-11-11, 23:18
Just spent about the last 6 hours on PRTA with the new PR Mumble, really is a wonderful improvement in almost every way. I especially love the Mumble Squad VOIP or whatever you would call it, much better than BF2 VOIP :)

Thank you PR Mumble devs :)

Proceed
2011-11-11, 23:23
Guys this is so awesome - thank you very much !

Arc_Shielder
2011-11-12, 00:17
Now we need a new release of PR:BF2 to go with it ;D

^This.

Played all day and it had a massive impact. Just perfect.

Jafar Ironclad
2011-11-12, 00:56
Outstanding stuff; this is going to be great for my infantry squad works, though I'm going to have to do some finagling to get accustomed to the new channels when flying.

One programming request (said a bunch of different ways for maximum clarity):

The current setup is that pressing the Numpad key talks on the appropriate channel. Would it be possible to set it up such that pressing the numpad key sets the "radio" transmit channel, after which pressing the "radio" talk button talks through that channel?

See, my old setup had basically a "channel talk" button on the joystick; depending on which way I set the mode knob on the stick, it would either push to talk in-game squad members, Mumble Squad Leader, or in-game commander. Obviously we now have too many push to talk channels for that. The spec I'm looking for is one where my "squad leader channel" talk key talks to the most recent channel setting I've pressed on the keyboard.

I'm in squad 5 and flying, I need to talk to squad 2.

Current implementation: I take my hand off the throttle and hold down "Num 2" while saying my transmission.

Ideal implementation: I take my hand off the throttle, press "Num 2" to set the channel, then return to the throttle and push my talk button.

Just a thought for future builds. I'll deal in the meantime. Thank you very much guys!

Adriaan
2011-11-12, 01:22
Thank you so much DEVS!

Don't forget the CONs, Snares and .D0T, who did a ton of work on this. :-)

Stealthgato
2011-11-12, 01:24
I read here that we don't need to deafen between rounds as everybody goes into root but I can hear everybody talking in root, still need to deafen as usual until I spawn.

And I can't use specific squad leaders radio while I'm flying since I use numpad to fly (keyboard only). No biggy though, every squad leader will listen to what I have to say. Which is usually meant for everyone anyways.

LITOralis.nMd
2011-11-12, 01:59
I can not get overlay to work correctly.

Windows7 x64
run PRMumble as admin
connect to PRMumble.
run PR.exe
no overlay.

Help Please?

Old PRmumble works correctly.

Celestial1
2011-11-12, 03:08
You brilliant, brilliant bastards.

I just recently set up a private mumble server for a few friends to game together on, and I noticed the new changes in 1.2.3 and when setting my PTT bind I noticed a weird channel broadcasting dialog and I assumed it was that holy grail of broadcasting to specific channels, and then I mumbled to myself "Hmm, I wonder if we'll ever see something made of this for PR..."

Ah, good times. So, if it isn't too much trouble, can you please explain to me what in the absolute @#$% is up with that dialog, how did you manage to set binds that broadcasted up the channel tree, and find the appropriate channel to send to? It seems like an absolutely brilliant function but it's very cryptic and I wasn't able to figure it out at a glance.

And uh... this is going to be a pain without a numpad... brb configuring mumble for the next 4 hours to work on a laptop keyboard

Tommygun
2011-11-12, 05:37
@Massive....Genius, thanks soooo much for the names AND the download and to the rest of the DEVs too. Brilliant!

I must add, its a bit bizarre that I cant start PR (starts and drops to desktop...XP) if the new Mumble is working when the Movie files are not there, what weird dependency is that? Amazing tht people worked the problem out tho :)

....<a while later>

Schweeeeet....all working and linking and doing all the auto magic it should be. Nice!

Arnoldio
2011-11-12, 07:11
Nice birthday present from PR team. :D Epic win.

Himalde
2011-11-12, 07:48
Thank you DEVS CONS Snares and .DOT

.DOT from the vanilla mumble team? Is this work available to the vanilla devs? Do you know if they can or will implement some of this in vanilla mumble?

Click
2011-11-12, 08:58
This is great have been playing with the new mumble and to talk with other people is easily heard over a tank near you if they are near you of course and the hassle free squad changing at team selection it does just a mumble dream come true.

saXoni
2011-11-12, 09:57
My shortcuts gets reset every time I restart Mumble. Is there a way to fix this?

ExeTick:
The * on your numpad is for SLs to talk to all SLs. Numpad 1-9 is to talk to different squads. For example numpad 5. If you hold numpad 5, you will talk to SQ5, and SQ5 only. Therefore, it's very important that you identify yourself before starting to talk.

MaSSive
2011-11-12, 10:06
I can not get overlay to work correctly.

Windows7 x64
run PRMumble as admin
connect to PRMumble.
run PR.exe
no overlay.

Help Please?

Old PRmumble works correctly.

Does it says Battlefield 2 linked? IF not set it to run in compatibility mode for XP.
It might conflict with any other overlays and OSDs...so dont use xfire, fraps..etc

otom24
2011-11-12, 10:22
Epic win. Truly. Thx.

Mumble is great, we use our mumble server for two years now. None of us had problems to open both mumble`s (our vanilla & prmumble) at the same time (so far).

Are you _dd0t or is this just coincidence?

UTurista
2011-11-12, 11:35
http://www.aussiearcade.com.au/uploads/excelent.jpg

Question; the new SQ mumble is just a replace of BF2v Voip or when we talk via SQmumble all SQmembers hear like BF2v Voip but all nonSQmembers hear like normal mumble?

PS:

ITS TIME:
http://www.itechnews.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/WarMouse-Meta-18-button-Mouse.jpg

dtacs
2011-11-12, 11:49
Mother of god.

One of - if not the greatest - addition to the game thus far. Exemplary work.

Marcio
2011-11-12, 13:38
Thanks....

Its now or never!!

Congratulations DEVS!!!

ukVandal
2011-11-12, 14:33
Tachidude you are my hero man.

I never would have figured that out.

V

beginna
2011-11-12, 14:54
Nicely done, gents.

dirtysouth
2011-11-12, 15:27
Very nice work indeed, now everyone just needs to get on it.

Guniv
2011-11-12, 16:12
very good job on it, now i'm just confused why you dont make it PR necessary! (have it boot after install and configure, and boot with PR so all players use it)

Asystole
2011-11-12, 16:28
Cannot get linked in Win XP even if running as administrator.

Vincento94
2011-11-12, 16:50
Hokkane

xact
2011-11-12, 16:53
Names are

bss_intro.bik
menubg.bik
pr_intro.bik

I tested with having either "bss_intro.bk" or "pr_intro.bik" in the PR movies folder and Mumble linked with PR in both cases. Without any movies it won't link.

dbzao
2011-11-12, 17:00
That is so weird, but if it works....

Celestial1
2011-11-12, 18:37
But '+restart' in the launch parameters of the PR shortcut will skip loading the videos.
So you can have your no videos and your mumble.

Zoddom
2011-11-12, 19:07
do i need the original movie files?
edit: didnt see the dl link, thanks :D

i got another question:
the squad leader net, can you only use it as a squad leader? or can jsut everyone spam the squadleader net?

SterrUwe321
2011-11-12, 19:32
OH MY FUAAAAAAAAACKN GOD!

THis is so epic! Finally we got the good mumble version :D
CAN'T WAIT FOR SOME ROUNDS OF PR TONIGHT8-)8-)

lucky.BOY
2011-11-12, 19:42
do i need the original movie files?
edit: didnt see the dl link, thanks :D

i got another question:
the squad leader net, can you only use it as a squad leader? or can jsut everyone spam the squadleader net?

I tested it, as a SM you can only talk in direct channel - if you press the apropriate button, or in squad channel (the pink one on overlay), if you press any of other buttons, be it num 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 or / or *, it will transmit you to intra squad channel.

-lucky

PS: you can test this for yourself, the overlay shows what channel you speak in (colour).

Thomas276
2011-11-12, 20:51
Just tested it. Great work guys:).

maarit
2011-11-12, 21:07
so.... now you can add friends in mumble with that little heart....it would be nice that you could bind some key to speak to your friends.

SterrUwe321
2011-11-12, 21:35
XP BUG FIX!

Like the guy above me said, there's a bug with the auto-connect.
If you have deleted/or renamed the Movies in the folder:
C:Programms/EA/BF2/mods/pr/Movies
Mumble 1.0.0 won't be able to auto switch you into the right Channel!

In my case, i had to uninstall PR and reinstall it again (Yeah im a douchebag and deleted the Intro Movies).
But that way you can fix the bug!

And how another guy above me said: Just put "+restart" in your PR shortcut without the ""
Rightclick on your PR shortcut ->
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/1558/prbugfix.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/33/prbugfix.jpg/)

This allows you to still avoid the annoying Intros ^^

Tachidude
2011-11-12, 22:10
XP BUG FIX!!!!

It just do not work for me, adding "+ restart" to PR shortcut, no matter if videos are deleted/renamed or left intact dont make mumble link to BF2. Have you tested that before posting?

Gozjh
2011-11-12, 22:56
Thanks alot for this awesome addon!

SterrUwe321
2011-11-12, 23:12
XP BUG FIX!!!!

It just do not work for me, adding "+ restart" to PR shortcut, no matter if videos are deleted/renamed or left intact dont make mumble link to BF2. Have you tested that before posting?

i tested it...and it has done well for me...maybe u even have to watch that you still have the Movies of BF2...and not only the PR intro videos.

The Movies have to be original! You don't need to rename/delete them.

I tell you, reinstall your PR! it worked for me and for some others aswell.

And the "+restart" Code isn't that importend.

ShockUnitBlack
2011-11-13, 02:34
I didn't have any troubles (I think) using the program on XP this evening. Really liked what I saw, or, to be more specific, heard.

Jolly
2011-11-13, 13:21
Nice Job db!
Thank you DEVs!
Really needn't switch off the Game and choose the channel!

I got a question here: Most of guys from China can't link to PR official Mumble server and some of those can link but can't speak or can't be heard, Only really few of us can log in and use it without problem. So Can we set up our own server with following Functions????Many thanks.

PS:Consider such large number of Players in China, This might cause even more high loads???

Grober
2011-11-13, 14:20
and what about unlinking stuff when u are to high (above 2k) and out of map
is it fix as well?

BloodyDeed
2011-11-13, 14:22
and what about unlinking stuff when u are to high (above 2k) and out of map
is it fix as well?

Yes, it is.

doop-de-doo
2011-11-13, 14:27
Shouldn't it be:

+restart 1

fact(n)
2011-11-13, 14:46
I just tried it and works perfectly for me. Thanks a lot for this great improvment. Old mumble was doing nothing but crashing

birdie
2011-11-13, 16:52
OMG just wow and well done.

SGT.Ice
2011-11-13, 17:19
Holy fucking shit.. Everything I always dreamed of... It's now here!!! WOOOOOHOOOO Thank you guys SO MUCH!!

This is EPIC!

Took the words right out of my mouth. Now I just want to see this in a vanilla game someday.

Vista
2011-11-13, 19:41
I love mumble, you guys did a great job, this version sure is promoting mumble! :D

Robskie
2011-11-13, 20:38
Hello,

Could anyone help me.

Everything works apart from local chat. I'm linking into the server automatically, I can participate in the squad chat using NUM0, and I love what you did to overlay :)

Sadly, I cannot assign my "H" key or any other key for local 3D chat to work :/ I'm running as admin, and I've restarted.

What should I do?

Thank you [R-CON]Snares and [R-CON].D0T

;]

wiklund
2011-11-13, 21:20
Awesome update guys! Hopefully this will lead to alot more users on mumble and that should lead to better teamplay ;D

Robskie
2011-11-13, 23:56
Is there a separate forum or topic that I could post my problems with the beta mumble with?

Republic_Commando
2011-11-14, 00:14
This is so convenient with the automatic channel switching!!! All the more reason to reinstall PR on my new comp

Shovel
2011-11-14, 01:33
New mumble is win.

Asystole
2011-11-14, 08:10
Thanks for help guyz!

Antol
2011-11-14, 09:55
I have a suggestion. Can you add an overlay would be showing that the composition of leader speaks to us? Yesterday I had such a problem that one of SL spoke to me without giving any of that branch is derived. I know that such a thing could be solved, for example, saying, "Squad 4, this is Squad 5, can you ...?", and it would be great if everyone did so. But I think the overlay would remove the problem.
cheers

xambone
2011-11-14, 12:38
Yes the Overlay needs to be fixed, I cant change the settings like in the old mumble size, font, color for each. All i get now is a bunch of smiley faces and the background is dark and blocks a portion of my screen. It is one of the few things that needs to be fixed before global release.

Hannes_Sbg
2011-11-14, 14:19

You can run both Mumble and PrMumble at the same time. Just add the command "-m" behind your normal Mumble-Shortcut.
You wont have both Overlays (Mumble/PrMumble), rest works fine.

cawac
2011-11-14, 15:28
It's epic, I love it.

Can you add a function to the overlay so it could somehow display that i am known on mumble as sl or not (something like my name going italic, underline, keep it simple)? Thanks :)

PFunk
2011-11-14, 15:56
All I have to say is...

128 server. :shock:

Zoddom
2011-11-14, 16:36
id want to be able to join right away without having to accept my username, can this be done?

ledo1222
2011-11-14, 17:05
This version of Mumble is amazing. Make things alot simpler to do.

Would be even better if this started automaticaly with PR and was the defalt voip, and the

Original was moved to a key no one uses.

Non the less AMAZING WORK, team work is at an all time high on mumble servers.

No more "Witch team are we?"

xambone
2011-11-15, 04:22
Can someone explain why I have to play in certain servers to try it out?

Bringerof_D
2011-11-15, 09:42
Can someone explain why I have to play in certain servers to try it out?

because this is a beta, obviously the server side settings have only been taken up by certain servers and not others. i'm sure this will change once the full release comes out.

awesome work guys, now there's little excuse to not use mumble!

Rincewind
2011-11-15, 13:05
Now how about integrating it into pr.exe and switch off default voip as a license requirement?

Stealthgato
2011-11-15, 15:24
One thing, we can't use SL comms as squad member? This is bad for transport and armor squad leaders having to communicate for the other vehicles and themselves at the same time.

Zrix
2011-11-15, 15:29
One thing, we can't use SL comms as squad member? This is bad for transport and armor squad leaders having to communicate for the other vehicles and themselves at the same time.
On the other hand, if everyone could talk to other squad leaders it would be a clusterfuck of spam. Plus the SL cant respond to the SM.

xambone
2011-11-15, 16:21
clusterfuck of spam. .

Clusterfuck of spam - For when Spam or Clusterfuck just isn't enough.

SterrUwe321
2011-11-15, 20:07
I have a suggestion. Can you add an overlay would be showing that the composition of leader speaks to us? Yesterday I had such a problem that one of SL spoke to me without giving any of that branch is derived. I know that such a thing could be solved, for example, saying, "Squad 4, this is Squad 5, can you ...?", and it would be great if everyone did so. But I think the overlay would remove the problem.
cheers

I don't like the idea sorry. It's giving me a cool feeling when i hear "Squad 3? This is Sq 5 can you hear me?" "here's sq 3. Yes we can here you over".

And i don't want that to stop. it's just cool okay? let it be pls :D

Zoddom
2011-11-15, 22:26
yeah i hate it when i hear "squad 4 can you hear me? we need trans here".
YEAH OKAY AND WHO THE F*** ARE U?

srsly guys have to learn to say "Squad X this is Squad Y." "Squad Y speak" "Yeah i think we got a sniper over here"

Myru
2011-11-16, 12:15
yeah i hate it when i hear "squad 4 can you hear me? we need trans here".
YEAH OKAY AND WHO THE F*** ARE U?

srsly guys have to learn to say "Squad X this is Squad Y." "Squad Y speak" "Yeah i think we got a sniper over here"

hmm, you can setup the overlay to display the channelname of the SL who's whispering to you. And since the channelnames are "Squad 1-9" and "Commander", this helps me a lot.

komp0
2011-11-16, 14:19
Would be good if mumble showed the current map the server is running too! Next to the server name or something.

Himalde
2011-11-16, 14:23
hmm, you can setup the overlay to display the channelname of the SL who's whispering to you. And since the channelnames are "Squad 1-9" and "Commander", this helps me a lot.

Yes you can :)
Configure -settings- overlay - right click (on the overlay picture on the names/faces) - edit - enabled elements: check on channel

KiloJules
2011-11-16, 14:34
So...after playing at least 20 hrs with the new version there is not much more to say then what I said on the first day...GREAT JOB!

One question though:

Would it be possible to have the SMs see that their SL is currently talking to some other SLs or the Commander?

I know the overlay shows all players currently talking over local (even though they are across the map) in default white letters.
If it could be changed, so that you only see the talking people while they are close enough but instead the currently talking SL(s) we wouldn'T have a thousand names showing up but actually not interrupting the own SL.

rrrrrkkkkk
2011-11-16, 14:50
GOOD JOB DEVS!

Just one question:
"Local Speech (default H): you talk to players in the 3D world in a radius around you."

1- How far is this radious?
2- Will the enemy hear this conversation too?

ShavedAlpaca
2011-11-16, 17:07
GOOD JOB DEVS!

Just one question:
"Local Speech (default H): you talk to players in the 3D world in a radius around you."

1- 70 metres
2- No, Would be awesome tho

Xander[nl]
2011-11-16, 19:49
(I haven't checked myself yet; ) is there still a way for squadmembers to gain access to Squad Leader radio? This is IMO very important when driving heavy assets. Especially on maps like Kokan, with only one Stryker and lots of threats, I'd like my gunner to hear everything as well without me having to patch everything through.

Could he manually get access, or could I grant him access? Or is this no longer possible?

ledo1222
2011-11-16, 19:56
Just get near the styker and talk to them personaly. that fixes the problume of coummunication, and if all eles fails use the good ole "Type K" "STYKER ZOMG RPG 334 YOUR POSSTION 1337"

if you catch my drift. :3

Emnyron
2011-11-16, 19:57
Names are

bss_intro.bik
menubg.bik
pr_intro.bik

Just going to bump this. However, I must ask, who`s brilliant idea was it to use the .bik to ensure the link between Bf2 and Mumble?

Buren06
2011-11-16, 20:55
;1695969'](I haven't checked myself yet; ) is there still a way for squadmembers to gain access to Squad Leader radio? This is IMO very important when driving heavy assets. Especially on maps like Kokan, with only one Stryker and lots of threats, I'd like my gunner to hear everything as well without me having to patch everything through.

Could he manually get access, or could I grant him access? Or is this no longer possible?

I would also like to know this. While I understand reinforcing the (often ignored) mumble hierarchy, I feel some method of communicating directly to a squad member is important without using text chat. Of course, if you did have some sort of universal SM channel, we would need to ensure people only used it for things that would be impossible with the other ones, so as to prevent overcrowding of the one channel.

EX - trans, CAS, and armor are all instances where SMs may need to be kept instantaneously informed.

Then you have all of those misc. instances where you need it to save someone. I was in a round of insurgency the other day and saved Doorgunner's ass because I was able to warn him about an enemy sneaking up on him over SL chat - neither of us were actually SL's. (I know, sorry.)

MaSSive
2011-11-16, 23:04
I got teh problem...I can only assign local speech shortcut but others wont work for me...look at picture.

http://i42.tinypic.com/2pyylgl.png

Ive tried to restore defaults Ive tried using PR comms preset to assign every shortcut as is on default but its not working. Ive downloaded it few days ago, so did exe changed meanwhile? How to fix this? And really you need feedback thread for this.

Just going to bump this. However, I must ask, who`s brilliant idea was it to use the .bik to ensure the link between Bf2 and Mumble?

Not devs probably...its maybe bf2 plugin for mumble?

Himalde
2011-11-16, 23:12
Being able to talk to NOT SLs directly as described above is very important. Could a feature that allowed you to talk to the entire squad be added, instead of just the SL. And to make it simple: "a key"+ numpad squad number. Example num0 + num5 would let you talk to entire squad 5.

MaSSive
2011-11-17, 07:10
Being able to talk to NOT SLs directly as described above is very important. Could a feature that allowed you to talk to the entire squad be added, instead of just the SL. And to make it simple: "a key"+ numpad squad number. Example num0 + num5 would let you talk to entire squad 5.

I dont get it, why are you making things more complicated. Its really simple - you can talk to anyone else in your team if they are close to you with "H" (default) and you can talk to other SL with numpad 1-9 (default)

Only SL have radio. Enough said - you cant talk to other soldiers on BF cause not all are issued a radio (kit loadout). That makes things a bit more "real" and less complicated, and really there is no reason to talk to whole squads outhere. All you have to say you can say to SL and he will decide what to say to his soldiers.

Xander[nl]
2011-11-17, 08:09
No mate, the problem is that in heavy assets, ie tanks, APCs, trans and CAS, at this moment squadMEMBERs cannot be warned by other squads directly. They'd have to talk to the heavy asset squad leader, who then has to patch everything through. This takes time, and can take too much time.

In the old mumble this was easily solved by having your squadmembers join the SL channel so they can listen. I would always have my gunner join the SL chat, especially on instances like manning the LAV-25 on Fallujah or the Stryker on Kokan.

But right now, there is no way for a squadmember-gunner to have direct communication with other squadleaders which can be deadly, and in the end it's wasting valuable assets. This is why I would like to have some kind of structure put in, so that all crewmen and pilots have the option to talk and listen to SLs.

Himalde
2011-11-17, 12:03
I dont get it, why are you making things more complicated.

press num9 to talk to squadleader 9
press anotherbutton + 9 to talk to entire squad 9.

Why?

when using heavy assets
When SL goes AKF , the squad in not 100% without coms
Warning of TANK, CAS, APC etc
And many other situatiuons

Realistic? Maybe, maybe not, but it sure would help teamwork. If I cant have my entire APC squad on coms, I'd actually prefer the old mumble.

lucky.BOY
2011-11-17, 13:30
This shouldn't be left to the speaker, wether or not he will allow them SMs to listen too. It Should be the listener who chooses if he wants to listen.

I think the best way to do this is to mimic the old system - Squad memebers will be able to get a "priviledge" to listen on the SL channel, and maybe also to speak there.

He would get this "priviledge" by somehow marking himself within the mumble (a shortcut maybe?). These priviledged SMs will recieve the exact same audio as their SLs.

A SM with this priviledge active could get a message on his overlay, so he knows he is listening on SL channel.

-lucky

Arnoldio
2011-11-17, 19:21
I think the best way to do this is to mimic the old system - Squad memebers will be able to get a "priviledge" to listen on the SL channel, and maybe also to speak there.

NO! No additional people in the SL channel, because if they CAN talk, they WILL talk and we are again at square 1 with shitload of comms. Pass it to your SL. Enemy has to do the same, so whoever masters that first, has an edge.

Or you can whine on forums ofcourse.

Moszeusz6Pl
2011-11-17, 19:51
Great job.
But I notice one problem.
Today I was trying to connecting to PRTA, but during connecting I decide to shoot some bots, and launch SP, but i wasn't be disconnected from mumble channel, and i still was hearing everybody from squad radio. Now i exit game, and still hear them.

lucky.BOY
2011-11-17, 20:33
NO! No additional people in the SL channel, because if they CAN talk, they WILL talk and we are again at square 1 with shitload of comms. Pass it to your SL. Enemy has to do the same, so whoever masters that first, has an edge.

Or you can whine on forums ofcourse.

Okay, note that the ability to talk is optional, its not the backbone of my post.

-lucky

Himalde
2011-11-17, 23:40
This shouldn't be left to the speaker, wether or not he will allow them SMs to listen too. It Should be the listener who chooses if he wants to listen.

He would get this "priviledge" by somehow marking himself within the mumble (a shortcut maybe?). These priviledged SMs will recieve the exact same audio as their SLs.

A SM with this priviledge active could get a message on his overlay, so he knows he is listening on SL channel.

-lucky

I see your point, but NO, the speaker should be able to decide who gets it, since he know who need it. And this system would be a lot easier to make, then "privileged" players.

I don't think it will lead to more spam, regardless of system. More coms yes, but not the overwhelming wall of voices we could get before. Because relevant information given to SL is not spam for the SM if he could hear it, or vice versa.

PLODDITHANLEY
2011-11-18, 06:40
One problem I get:

At round end when everyone goes into one channel people are garbled and clipped, I alt f4ed last night to see if it was a bandwidth issue, but it remained garbled even with PR closed.

Anyone else get this?

Apo
2011-11-18, 07:02
Would it be possible to have the SMs see that their SL is currently talking to some other SLs or the Commander?

Maybe the whole squad should hear what another leader is telling your leader, so we dont interrupt him. Also my SQL doesnt have to repeat information / orders and the grunts can whine if the SQL ignores valid orders from commander. :P Also seeing the commander is communicating with someone would be nice so i dont interrupt others.

THIS NEW MUMBLE IS AWESOME! Could only play a few rounds with not so many people in Mumble on =H= Server, but with the few it was already awesome! Cant wait to have a round with my whole team in mumble its going to be great.

Web_cole
2011-11-18, 09:26
Pretty much of the opinion that anything the SMs need to know the SL can pass on.

Mj Pain
2011-11-18, 09:35
One problem I get:

At round end when everyone goes into one channel people are garbled and clipped, I alt f4ed last night to see if it was a bandwidth issue, but it remained garbled even with PR closed.

Anyone else get this?

Yes, i do.

Xander[nl]
2011-11-18, 11:56
Pretty much of the opinion that anything the SMs need to know the SL can pass on.

Have you ever been in valuable assets such as the APC or tank on insurgency maps? When I'm driving, I want my gunner on SL coms. He shouldn't speak, but he should be able to hear what's being said. This way I can focus more on driving and threats because we now have two people listening to the radio, and it saves very valuable seconds of relaying information in case of incoming bomb cars. If you want the heavy assets to perform at their best, having the entire crew on the SL radios is manditory IMO.

Even on bigger maps this causes trouble. Yesterday I ran a fairly succesfull TANK squad on Silent Eagle. However, in the end I had to give up tanking my own because I was too busy relaying targets to my squad the whole time. Tank here, APC moving there, FOB being set up in this grid. Nothing was typed, everything came through via mumble SL chat.
It would have saved lots of time, and it would have made our third tank (manned by me) actually effective instead of being a mobile command post if I could've had the other tank drivers simply join the SL channel.

I can understand you don't want them interfering with the SL coms, but please, at least make them able to listen to it.

Stealthgato
2011-11-18, 12:52
;1696604']Have you ever been in valuable assets such as the APC or tank on insurgency maps? When I'm driving, I want my gunner on SL coms. He shouldn't speak, but he should be able to hear what's being said. This way I can focus more on driving and threats because we now have two people listening to the radio, and it saves very valuable seconds of relaying information in case of incoming bomb cars. If you want the heavy assets to perform at their best, having the entire crew on the SL radios is manditory IMO.

Even on bigger maps this causes trouble. Yesterday I ran a fairly succesfull TANK squad on Silent Eagle. However, in the end I had to give up tanking my own because I was too busy relaying targets to my squad the whole time. Tank here, APC moving there, FOB being set up in this grid. Nothing was typed, everything came through via mumble SL chat.
It would have saved lots of time, and it would have made our third tank (manned by me) actually effective instead of being a mobile command post if I could've had the other tank drivers simply join the SL channel.

I can understand you don't want them interfering with the SL coms, but please, at least make them able to listen to it.

^ This. 123

DonDOOM
2011-11-18, 12:58
;1696604']Have you ever been in valuable assets such as the APC or tank on insurgency maps?...

Agreed, this is something that saves a lot of valuable time.

gazzthompson
2011-11-18, 13:24
I hit restore default as i messed some keys up, deleted all the PR shotcuts FUUUUUUUUUUUU and they all seemed, if i remember corrected, to be named exactly the same thing except for the local speech?

Zrix
2011-11-18, 13:40
and they all seemed, if i remember corrected, to be named exactly the same thing except for the local speech?
Yep

http://l0lwut.com/f/z/pics/misc/mumblekeys.png

lucky.BOY
2011-11-18, 14:07
;1696604']Have you ever been in valuable assets such as the APC or tank on insurgency maps? When I'm driving, I want my gunner on SL coms. He shouldn't speak, but he should be able to hear what's being said. This way I can focus more on driving and threats because we now have two people listening to the radio, and it saves very valuable seconds of relaying information in case of incoming bomb cars. If you want the heavy assets to perform at their best, having the entire crew on the SL radios is manditory IMO.

This.

Also, its like if only SL could see the TEAM chat, and he would need to re-type anything (in his opinion) importnant to the SQUAD chat.

-lucky

Himalde
2011-11-18, 15:13
Yep

http://l0lwut.com/f/z/pics/misc/mumblekeys.png

Reset will take it back to what it was before you saved the settings.

I think the "parent" is a bit more complicated then what it looks like.

If you cant fix it easyt, save the certificate (if you have registered yourself) and reinstall pr mumble.

This.

Also, its like if only SL could see the TEAM chat, and he would need to re-type anything (in his opinion) importnant to the SQUAD chat.

-lucky
Agreed, this is issue is very important.
The way I see it. It can be solved in 2 ways.
1. Create a system where you have 1 key to talk to all crewmen and a 2nd key to talk to all pilots.
2. Add the possibility of talking to an entire squad (like my above suggestion)

I would much prefer the 2nd solution, since talking to all crewmen/pilots would give more spam on the coms. The first would be more like people from other squads joining your squad for 5 sec to give you some info, and would feel like more like normal squad talk.

Xander[nl]
2011-11-18, 15:39
Mumble can detect when you're in a squad, could it detect whether you're in a vehicle too?
That way it could assign 'SL chat audio rights' to all crewmen and pilots as a third solution.

Himalde
2011-11-18, 16:45
;1696683']Mumble can detect when you're in a squad, could it detect whether you're in a vehicle too?
That way it could assign 'SL chat audio rights' to all crewmen and pilots as a third solution.

What if I want to talk ONLY to the SL, I might want to tell something the rest of the squad should not hear?

And sometimes we just need to talk to that one guy (whatever he's doing)

I guess it all can be done, but it would require even more buttons, and it gets even more complicated, however very powerful.
press num9 to talk to squad 9
press a_key + num9 to talk to "privileged" people in squad 9
press another_key + num9 to talk to the entire squad 9

Xander[nl]
2011-11-18, 19:39
Please enlighten me because I cannot think of anything you would want to say to an SL that a squadmember-crewman/pilot should in no circumstance hear. If it's not important for him he can just ignore it.

spiked_rye
2011-11-18, 22:04
;1696772']Please enlighten me because I cannot think of anything you would want to say to an SL that a squadmember-crewman/pilot should in no circumstance hear. If it's not important for him he can just ignore it.

Agreed, squad leader chat should be recieved by squad members, but only SL can transmit.

(BTW this looks awsome, not had a chance to try it out, but I have been thinking something like this needs to happen for a while now)

Himalde
2011-11-18, 23:24
;1696772']Please enlighten me because I cannot think of anything you would want to say to an SL that a squadmember-crewman/pilot should in no circumstance hear. If it's not important for him he can just ignore it.

I know several SL that say that they don't want their SM to listen to the long term plan and coordination with other squads. They are convinced their SM will focus better at the imitate surroundings instead of looking on the map and "take part" of the planning. Server admins are often SLs, and having a way to talk to server admins directly and without the knowledge of everyone way can very useful. Also more personal things can be said, remember many members of the PR community are good friends and talk about very personal tings they don't want other people to hear.

Critical NO, but this feature is in place now, if other tings are going to be implemented i suggest we keep this one and add the new one in addition. I have no problem to use a key kombo (akey + num) to transmit only to SL, and let the new function get the default one button num-key. But I don't see why we must remove this good function.

dtacs
2011-11-19, 07:48
I know several SL that say that they don't want their SM to listen to the long term plan and coordination with other squads. They are convinced their SM will focus better at the imitate surroundings instead of looking on the map and "take part" of the planning.
This is true, but only to a certain point. Keeping total darkness above their heads is silly. A very basic, elementary explanation of the plan is always best excluding times when its highly specific to a player.

The current system is fine. Having squad members able to transmit or hear via the SL channel defeats its purpose of having a small group make the important calls. With the ability to hear and not transmit, you still have the option to type up, which many people would do.

Already there are many non-SL's spamming chat with orders demanding action, who aren't present in the channel.

Tommygun
2011-11-19, 08:25
We now have the tools to communicate in a targeted way to exactly who we need to. I do understand that listening in on SL may be useful but it requires more programming work, sure it may be trivial (or not) but its still more work. The system as it stands effects both teams equally and I think most of the time its not too tricky passing on info to your SM's via 0 or Local chat...well imho. The chatter before drove me crazy and to distraction.
I still think the biggest problem right now is people sill not using the new mumble or they are on the old mumble or people who just never say anything at all.

Arnoldio
2011-11-19, 09:09
Ok, tested this thing yesterday. Epic win. BUT, voice seem kinda weird... different from the old mumble.

rough77
2011-11-19, 09:49
oh it's sooo wunderful!
Thx guys :mrgreen:

Xander[nl]
2011-11-19, 12:27
I know several SL that say that they don't want their SM to listen to the long term plan and coordination with other squads. They are convinced their SM will focus better at the imitate surroundings instead of looking on the map and "take part" of the planning. Server admins are often SLs, and having a way to talk to server admins directly and without the knowledge of everyone way can very useful. Also more personal things can be said, remember many members of the PR community are good friends and talk about very personal tings they don't want other people to hear.

Critical NO, but this feature is in place now, if other tings are going to be implemented i suggest we keep this one and add the new one in addition. I have no problem to use a key kombo (akey + num) to transmit only to SL, and let the new function get the default one button num-key. But I don't see why we must remove this good function.

You're talking more about infantry squads, I'm not. I agree that infantry squadmembers shouldn't have the option of being on the SL chat.

I'm talking about vehicle crews only. In vehicles there is no real squadleader and every crewman should be able to hear of incoming threats or your team's tactics instantly without the squadleader needing to patch everything through. Having valuable crewmen or pilots on SL chat (audio rights only!) is manditory for effective vehicle gameplay.

Apo
2011-11-19, 15:33
Maybe some kind of "opt-in" hot key, when you are in a asset squad you press this hotkey and can listen in on the SQD leader channel. Default would be off but players who would like to know (or have to) can always turn this on/off how they like it.

If the speaking leader has to press an extra key it becomes more complicated for him and by default he probably wont do it.

Jafar Ironclad
2011-11-20, 06:53
I think there needs to be a configuration where instead of holding the numpad keys to talk, the player presses the numpad key to select that channel, then holds a push-to-talk key (say, N) to speak on that channel. Would make using radio in a firefight/aircraft much easier, as currently you must choose two between movement, weapons/view, and radio comms.

ShavedAlpaca
2011-11-20, 15:34
I agree with jafar, on many occasions i spent valuable seconds searching for the proper key and taking my hand of the mouse/keyboard (whichever i needed least in the given moment).
That is also why my local speech button is the middle mouse, so i never take my hand off the mouse.

Lainer
2011-11-21, 05:24
GOOD JOB DEVS!

Just one question:

1- 70 metres
2- No, Would be awesome tho

Will this be fixed in the final version? Tried this out a year or so ago and being able to talk to/hear enemies was the one of the coolest aspects to this system.

KiloJules
2011-11-21, 11:32
Although it oc would be more realistic with only one channel why in the world would anybody say anything over local, when you know the enemy can/could hear it but instead just use squad intern mumble?

All I can imagine is a blue guy, derping around and talking over local to me, while I am about to sneak onto a bad guy:

"Hey Kilo, is it clear in the 3rd floor, on the eastern side, where you are RIGHT NOW?"

---------------------------

As for the "searching" for the proper button - pleeeaaase. That is sth. that is totally realistic in game and is even transfered a bit into real life. Imo it feels just awesome to "dial" the right channel. Feels so cool, compared to a button that I can press while dodging .50 cals! OC my SIM is on a totally reachable position as well (shoulder on mouse) as one uses this way more often than any other form of communication (local, SL, CO)

MaSSive
2011-11-21, 12:24
In RL combat situation would you be so stupid ( no offense ) to talk on frequency that enemy can hear? Don't think so...sooo...give something more constructive than this suicide "solution"

karambaitos
2011-11-21, 13:53
In RL life combat situation would you be so stupid ( no offense ) to talk on frequency that enemy can hear? Don't think so...sooo...give something more constructive than this suicide "solution"

well if it can be done like in ACRE where the enemy can hear you in local even if you use the radio, then that would be pretty cool

Rudd
2011-11-21, 14:08
Enemy hearing you in local just stops people using mumble at all

the enemy hearing you IRL might be realistic, however the number of enemies that speak your language would be unrealistic ingame and also it ignores the ability to whisper and/or use hand signals

thus, having friends hear you and enemies not is more realistic in terms of gameplay

we've tried both ways, and this way is best

PricelineNegotiator
2011-11-22, 08:55
Alright, I can't connect to the new or old Mumble servers. Anyone else with the same problem? It was working earlier today, now it isn't...

dtacs
2011-11-22, 09:31
I am also having the same issue. Very odd since its happening to various players no matter their location.

Reinstalling doesn't work, nor does resetting my router..

PLODDITHANLEY
2011-11-22, 09:59
Me too....

dtacs
2011-11-22, 11:34
Server is back up.

Intrepid
2011-11-24, 18:54
For whatever reason, it's not working with my surround sound headphones. Only plays in one ear. For another, no matter what I turn the settings too, it's deafeningly loud even when turned all the way down. I may post screenies of what my audio settings look like, but old mumble was just plug and play with my headset (Logitech G930).

ObeerBongKenobi
2011-11-25, 05:46
I made a certificate and exported and saved it but when I try to import I browse the the folder I saved it in and it is about to work but asks for password but I never made one. If I leave it blank it still asks for it.
Im locked out of mumble completely now!

ComradeHX
2011-11-25, 14:32
I made a certificate and exported and saved it but when I try to import I browse the the folder I saved it in and it is about to work but asks for password but I never made one. If I leave it blank it still asks for it.
Im locked out of mumble completely now!

Same here.

Web_cole
2011-11-25, 15:21
;1696604']Have you ever been in valuable assets such as the APC or tank on insurgency maps? When I'm driving, I want my gunner on SL coms. He shouldn't speak, but he should be able to hear what's being said.

I definitely get the convenience argument, its understandable and even more so for Armour. Perhaps having SMs be able to hear but not transmit over SL comms would be a sort of compromise.

But I still really think SLs should be the only ones transmitting, and probably the only people listening over SL comms. I'm not sure exactly why I think that, mostly I think its because SLs should be acting as the sole coordinator and the organizer of the squad. They should be the brain of the squad, and should be focusing hard on that. And the new mumble goes quite a long way to forcing SLs to act in that capacity by making Squad to Squad communication ubiquitous.

I guess I also kind of think that just because Armour SMs could be able to listen in on those key communications about bomb cars etc, doesn't mean it is necessary to do so. Shutting down bomb cars should already be easy enough on most maps with smart placement and good spotting. And those comms are going to be getting through via your SL anyway. A little bit slower sure, but hey, gotta give those bomb cars a chance ;)

PLODDITHANLEY
2011-11-25, 16:23
Has anyone mentioned the mysterious squad 8 bug?

Sq8 can't hear the other SL's but irc he can communicate.

Zrix
2011-11-25, 16:25
Has anyone mentioned the mysterious squad 8 bug?

Sq8 can't hear the other SL's but irc he can communicate.
dbzao was talking about it on a server the first day of the beta. So it should be a known thing.

maarit
2011-11-25, 18:12
it would be good that when installing mumble you could choose where are you from...
so then there would be little flags on players...it would be easier to find friends to play who has same language.

Stealthgato
2011-11-26, 00:55
Is there a possibility of having an overlay where the names of people talking only show up when they talk (and the local one only shows up when you can hear them)?

I activated the overlay but all the names are always there, no way I'm using that.

Xander[nl]
2011-11-26, 12:18
I definitely get the convenience argument, its understandable and even more so for Armour. Perhaps having SMs be able to hear but not transmit over SL comms would be a sort of compromise.

I guess we both have good arguments for and against this, so it'll be up to the devs to implement it or not. Best thing would be to have seperate channels for tactics and for warnings, but that'd be too much trouble.

Fact is that on larger maps if you run a tank squad with 2-3 tanks, it can be too overwelming for a squadleader to continuously having to keep track of all communication, filter out the things relative to his squad and then having to inform his squadmembers in the other tanks, and point out stuff on the map. This is very time consuming and makes the tank the SL is in way less effective; as well as the other tanks because they have to wait longer for information and orders.

Some maps or scenarios require the tanks to be in different spots all across the map. It'd be far more effective if these lone tanks could operate on their own without having to set up their own squad.

This is one of my main points of concern; normally the squadleader really is the leader of the squad, and all five other guys follow. But in a tank squad, this squadleader thingy (except for being on SL mumble as for now) isn't really that obvious anymore. Surely most of the time he will be in command of the general tactics, but sometimes it is neccesary to have tanks operate seperately. In the old mumble you at least had the option of granting them SL rights, now it gets pretty hard.

I would still like to know how this is handled IRL. Do tank/vehicle crews all listen to the radios or only the commander?
Edit: confirmed; (at least in the Dutch army) every crew member can listen to the ''SL radio''. So it's at least realistic.

Furthermore it would be nice to hear the opinions of other solid vehicle SLs as I haven't played that many rounds (in AAS as vehicle commander) yet with the new mumble. It could be something that I need to get used to, and might get easier over time. Might not. Would need someone with more extensive experience to answer this.

fuzzhead
2011-11-26, 16:43
Stealth... definitely something to be desired. already someone made a nice overlay that makes it more PR/BF2 themed, but dunno if you can remove the local talkers and only keep squad members/squad leaders appearing in overlay, that would be nice

Jeepo
2011-11-26, 21:23
I have a question. I use dual monitors so I always glance over to see who is talking if I don't know the voice. This is now more important than ever with the Squad mumble option. However the server scrolls all over the place like a crazy thing. Is there some setting I can flick to keep the page I am looking at still so I can see my squad?

MaSSive
2011-11-26, 23:35
Is there a possibility of having an overlay where the names of people talking only show up when they talk (and the local one only shows up when you can hear them)?

I activated the overlay but all the names are always there, no way I'm using that.

You can edit it to have only talking people showing up on overlay. Look picture

http://i44.tinypic.com/w2gfio.png

I know what are you talking about but I use this solution and it works good..sometimes glitches and messes up textures but in general its fine

Jeepo;1699691']I have a question. I use dual monitors so I always glance over to see who is talking if I don't know the voice. This is now more important than ever with the Squad mumble option. However the server scrolls all over the place like a crazy thing. Is there some setting I can flick to keep the page I am looking at still so I can see my squad?

I think this can be done over whisper but downside is that you have to always edit whisper list, but Im not sure what this channel whisper is

Rezza
2011-11-27, 08:32
People should know that the Inter Squad Leader chat can`t be heard by the commander i had problems last night regarding this unknown comm issue. All squads were talking to me through the Squad Leader Radio. I wasn`t hearing anything at all. It took me and the team 30 minutes to solve the issue.

MCpl Bloggins
2011-11-27, 15:12
EDIT: Good to go now.

Rezza
2011-11-27, 15:54
Just use Bloggins and always run prmumble as an admin

MCpl Bloggins
2011-11-27, 15:56
Figured out that I needed to just put a _ in between the words. Thanks dude!:)

Max_
2011-11-27, 18:30
Its not working for me. I run as administrator and still not switching me to the channel.

Myru
2011-11-27, 22:44
Its not working for me. I run as administrator and still not switching me to the channel.

Reinstall mumble as an administrator (rightklick on .exe and chose that option), after that run shortcut (because otherwise, you wont get connected to the PR Mainserver on startup) as an administrator before starting PR. Make sure you haven't changed or deleted the startup movies of BF2 and PR (dice and ea advertising stuff).

If this doesn't fix your problem, I don't have any further advise.

xambone
2011-11-28, 00:54
I love the new PR Mumble, but omg our server doesn't get its own Channel! wow that is sad, Why limit it if you are planning on adding the other servers? Why not have it open to all servers instead of clipping the =HOG= clan out of it.

AncientMan
2011-11-28, 01:06
It's still in beta at the moment. We're just making sure that everything is good, making some background changes, etc. When we're satisfied everything is good to go, it'll be open season for all servers to sign up for a channel :).

T3mp
2011-11-28, 07:42
we are ready!!!! GOOOOOOOOOOO!

Zoddom
2011-11-28, 11:37
I would appreciate if someone whos skilled could make an overlay which just shows the modes of the people that are speaking, for example:
Green light for squad intern
Red light (or red number indicating the squad number) for squad to squad comm
yellow light for squad to all squads
pink light for commander.

this would be perfect, because as it is now, you cant tell the difference between squad intern, all squads, and squad private comm ( nobody is using voip anymore, it was easier because it sounded different than mumble)

Xander[nl]
2011-11-28, 16:59
Yup, squadleaders could really use an overlay now. Sometimes I really have a hard time deciding if that was a squadmember, a squadleader or the commander talking to me.

A lot of this trouble can be avoided by using the correct radio codes (''SL1; this is SL4, ...''') but not everyone is willing to use this and sometimes it's still too difficult to decipher. A simple overlay would make things a ton easier.

KaizerSosa81
2011-12-03, 18:54
Why am I just discovering this? lol

Well, mostly because I've only recently come back to playing PR. Great stuff, hopefully the overlay will be implemented soon and it'll be perfect quite honestly.

Onil
2011-12-03, 22:22
It would be nice if the new mumble would auto-subscribe to channels that friends have joined. I usually prefer having all channels closed and open a few on the servers that I play the most... But if I'm looking for some of the guys that I have added as friends on mumble, it is a pain to have to open and close channels to try and find them.

Can we please have the channels auto open if a friend joins it?

xambone
2011-12-04, 21:07
Can someone explain to me why you couldn't release the beta with more servers channels? Our server's community won't get it because it doesn't have a channel for our server... Can an admin please comment on why "testing" doesn't get extended to the majority of channels from the older Mumble.

TeRR0R
2011-12-05, 21:21
Since I have that newer mumble I had it three times, that my BF2 in game voip was suddently distorted: I could talk but couldn't hear anyone else talking.

It didn't happen with the older mumble version.
It think it happened after I messed with mumble self-mute, but I'm not sure.
I'm even not sure if mumble is the cause at all. But it's the only thing what has recently changed on my computer.

The BF2 voip was only fixed after a computer restart. Restarting the game didn't help.

My specs: Win 7/64 / PCI X-FI

xambone
2011-12-07, 16:30
I played PRTA And I get blasted by the Squad Chat, every 10 seconds some moron is yelling RTB, WE GOT TO RTB. and then 10 sec later ROGER! at and extreme level and then I HAVE AIDS ! .... I mean give me a break i dont want to get blasted with little bit of info all the time can you Make a SQ LEAD voulume Level? so i can turn it down while still enjoying Local speach.???????

TeRR0R
2011-12-07, 21:34
I would like to see PRIORISING radio channels.
So: (SL > Squad) > CO > direct talk (1-9) from other SL > general talk (*) from other SL

Who have higher priority mutes lower priority while talking.

If one with a lower priority tries to talk in a busy channel he should get a low beep tone while he presses his talk key, indicating that the he can't be heard on the target channel.

Also a hotkey to temporary mute a single transmission from another channel could be useful.

Psyrus
2011-12-08, 02:12
I played PRTA And I get blasted by the Squad Chat, every 10 seconds some moron is yelling RTB, WE GOT TO RTB. and then 10 sec later ROGER! at and extreme level and then I HAVE AIDS ! .... I mean give me a break i dont want to get blasted with little bit of info all the time can you Make a SQ LEAD voulume Level? so i can turn it down while still enjoying Local speach.???????

Do you mean intersquad chat or intrasquad chat? On both channels I've found telling people to STFU (politely or in that exact way, depending on who/when) works wonders. If they continue to spam you just announce to them:

"Ok since you won't shut up, I'm muting you. If you need to communicate with me, feel free to type something to me in game"

A.Finest
2011-12-08, 21:00
As it says on the front page here, We can not request channels quite yet.

However. When can the mumble server users, be able to request their channels?

I already see some people have got their channels so why cant we yet?

gazzthompson
2011-12-09, 07:40
Because its a beta and they need a closed, managed environment.

A.Finest
2011-12-09, 11:16
Because its a beta and they need a closed, managed environment.

I get that part. But still why did they create channels for OD-S then? They're not listed on the main page. as a "BETA channel etc..

Zrix
2011-12-09, 11:36
uss-finest[Lea;1705221']I get that part. But still why did they create channels for OD-S then? They're not listed on the main page. as a "BETA channel etc..
AFAIK it wasn't requested. I can't go into any details since dbzao and L4gi were the ones doing the talking, but I can say that it's been used in clan scrims up to 32v32. That's another aspect of testing I'd say.

A.Finest
2011-12-09, 18:47
AFAIK it wasn't requested. I can't go into any details since dbzao and L4gi were the ones doing the talking, but I can say that it's been used in clan scrims up to 32v32. That's another aspect of testing I'd say.

Isent using mumble in general testing?

xambone
2011-12-11, 15:16
Do you mean intersquad chat or intrasquad chat? On both channels I've found telling people to STFU (politely or in that exact way, depending on who/when) works wonders. If they continue to spam you just announce to them:

"Ok since you won't shut up, I'm muting you. If you need to communicate with me, feel free to type something to me in game"

Im a squad leader and they are squad leaders but instead of typing or talking to a specific squad leader all guys are doing in this server was talking with all squad leaders button. It defeats the purpose of 1.0.

Im squad lead 6 and squad lead 2 is just talking to everyone, i know he isnt telling me directly because im alone with my squad and haven't even seen him in game. I mean seriously this is a major problem, I dont want to use mumble just to be spammed. I love mumble and one reason today why you cant enjoy it is all the chatter outside of Local chat. Local chat is the stuff where its at, and number pad to talk with other squad leaders directly is an awesome feature just removed the all spam channel please, it has no purpose here that cant be just typed, WE ARE RTB
in stead of me listening for enemy in my building and then some dork yells WE GOT TO RTB, WE ARE RTB. <--- is this what the developers want? I hope not.

Psyrus
2011-12-11, 15:49
Im a squad leader and they are squad leaders but instead of typing or talking to a specific squad leader all guys are doing in this server was talking with all squad leaders button. It defeats the purpose of 1.0.

Why don't you just mute the offenders, like I said? I played a game with 6 out of 8 squad leaders on mumble, and only once was the chinook pilot spamming everyone and I direct chatted to him saying can you clear the comms please, you're interfering with my squad communications. He apologized and stopped.

alt-tabbing, right clicking and hitting local mute and then alt tabbing back into game shouldn't really take you much longer than 4-8 seconds, depending on your computer. Please don't tell me this is too much to ask from you?

xambone
2011-12-12, 04:01
well its the fact that I don't think other people who are new to mumble will tolerate this issue. If i mute people all the time then what the %^!@ is the point of being on mumble in the first place?

Apo
2011-12-12, 07:49
If someone is not able to use mumble properly he should be banned. One SQL talking nonsense to all squads destroys the gameplay for the other SQLs and the grunts. (who will suffer under a distracted/angry SQL)

When a player is not willing to see reason, muting is not even a slap on the wrist. Kick ban... srsly. xD

VapoMan
2011-12-12, 08:05
Like Psyrus said, just ask the person nicely to be quite or use direct chat. We're all human, and generally people respond well when someone asks politely.