PDA

View Full Version : Puma IFV

Stealthgato
2011-09-25, 03:10
There's currently some issues with the Puma:

-While roaming around Lashkar today, we got the Puma stuck in a position where it should keep going easily, however it wouldn't budge and we had to go back to the main to get another one to ram it downhill with:

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/707/screen003r.jpg
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/4476/screen005hh.jpg

As you can see the tracks are on the ground and there's no reason why it shouldn't move;

-The view for the driver is horrible to drive with in Lashkar, most of the times I can't even see the road in front of the vehicle if there's a slope, I'd suggest having a driver viewport camera, same as in tanks;

-The zoom for the driver camera should have an intermediate level between no zoom and super zoom.

Also while we're talking armor, the Challenger and Warrior still bounce around when tracked and I've noticed the Bradley's armor is the same as an AAVP's? Only 3 RPGs and it's down... Shouldn't it be tougher than that?

Stealthgato
2011-09-25, 17:02
Just found out the T62 also jumps up and down when tracked. So now it's loud, takes ~22 seconds to reload, has incredibly slow reverse speed, has no thermals AND is rendered completely useless when tracked. :D

BMP where are you

Rudd
2011-09-25, 17:05
Stealth mate, Talk about the T62 in a T62 thread, and the puma in a puma thread - makes it easier for us in the long run. Also I'm pretty sure the Puma thing is a bug, not a feature. THe T62 doesnt' have thermals since its an old tank, but its tracked dynamic sounds like a bug, long reload time is also a 'old' tank thing or is something about the professionalism of the militia.

Stealthgato
2011-09-25, 22:48
Rudd;1671359']Stealth mate, Talk about the T62 in a T62 thread, and the puma in a puma thread - makes it easier for us in the long run. Also I'm pretty sure the Puma thing is a bug, not a feature. THe T62 doesnt' have thermals since its an old tank, but its tracked dynamic sounds like a bug, long reload time is also a 'old' tank thing or is something about the professionalism of the militia.

I was aware of the thermals, it's an old tank I understand, just pointing out its negative aspects, although I think the reload time is perhaps too long. Sorry about off topic - should I make a bug report for the T62 tracked?

Marian
2011-09-25, 23:40
@Stealthgato
-The view for the driver is horrible to drive with in Lashkar, most of the times I can't even see the road in front of the vehicle if there's a slope, I'd suggest having a driver viewport camera, same as in tanks;

why not get APC's the same supervisory system as tanks?
as visible in the tank 1 and 2

Mouthpiece
2011-09-27, 03:45
Rudd;1671359'][..] or is something about the professionalism of the militia.

With this thought in mind, one could say that insurgents should have less stamina because they're not professional soldiers like BLUFOR. And I think the game isn't stating that Militia or Taliban have less combat experience, that would shift the balance even more in BLUFOR side.

And with this thought in mind, one could say a lot more about things that could make the balance even more asymmetrical as it is.

Also the militian tanker probably had his tanking training a while back before the war started. Rusty? Maybe. But still he know's what he's doing :)

EDIT: About Puma. Yes, the drivers viewpoint is really terrible for Lashkar. It's ok when driving on flat terrain or up a hill, but you have to check your map almost always (or communicate with the gunner who sees the front much better) in order not to fall from a cliff (because you can't see the road underneath you and in front of you - 1/2 of the screen is the turret). Does Puma IRL have such bad driver camera that's mounted in a really bad spot (not on the part of turret ring witch is closer to the frontal armor, but in the side that's closest to vehicles rear. I don't see logic behind this design.

Bob of Mage
2011-09-30, 19:02
There's also the question of why APCs and IFVs don't get normal driver views. I seems odd that every faction has so much faith in their camera systems that there are no windows for the driver.

Hunt3r
2011-10-06, 02:52
Either way, the Puma is seriously in need of revision. Appropriate armor protection, tremendous power and torque, a powerful autocannon, decent optics, etc.

[RIP]-Chido312
2011-10-15, 02:44
I Also agree that the driver views ned to be adjusted. Especially in the Puma!