Fixed installer getting stuck on PB update
Fixed auto deploy
Fixed several issues with the server browser
Fixed missing text in the main menu

Fonts

Updated ingame chat font for some characters to increase readability

Python

Decreased rearm time of rallypoints in Skirmish to 1min
Decreased time for informants to get to a marked position to 3 minutes and the delay for the intel to reach the commander to 15 seconds
Fixed squad rallypoint issue where it wouldn't get ready after 5 minutes of spawning on mapper rally points
Fixed not being able to request kits at paradrop crates

Materials

Decreased 70mm unguided rocket explosion damage vs caches by a significant amount
Decreased ATGM/TOW explosion damage vs caches by 75%
Decreased 5.56mm damage vs scout heli armor by 50%
Decreased 7.62mm damage vs scout heli armor by 25%

Kits

Added field dressings to civilians
Increased number of field dressings for all factions medics to 12
Increased efficiency of medic resuscitate
Fixed floating drop bag issues

Sounds

Fixed several vehicles sound issues
Fixed lots of weapon sounds
Removed all rotation sounds from CROWS/RWS systems

Vehicles

Updated VN-3 machine gun to use the QJG91 instead
Fixed gunner desynchronisation issues on Warrior and Bradley
Fixed MTLB series water issues
Fixed steering issues on some APCs
Fixed SU-30 bombs hitting the aircraft upon release
Fixed UH-1N Huey exit points
Fixed CROWS/RWS systems usage delays
Fixed CROWS/RWS systems zoom issue when reloading smoke launchers
Fixed camera issues on some vehicles

Weapons

Reverted unguided AT weapon muzzle velocities back to pre 0.96 settings
Increased ZiS3 magnification to 3.7x and added unzoomed view
Decreased laser-guided bomb explosion vehicle damage radius from 85m to 35m
Decreased RPG-7 damage to APCs

Maps

Updated various maps map overviews to fix errors and display new updates
Updated various maps control point names to fix errors
Updated various maps mortar shield positions and sizes to be more effective
Updated Beirut skirmish with an extra route
Updated Dragonfly overgrowth settings in an effort to increase FPS
Updated Gaza Beach with new AASv4 routes and balance
Updated Shijia Valley to improve memory usage to help with FPS and server performance issues
Updated Shijia Valley with improved AASv4
Updated Shijia Valley with thinner fog to allow better use of the UAV
Fixed various maps ACV positions to address inability to enter/exit
Fixed Burning Sands balance issues to address the horde of Challenger 2s
Fixed Burning Sands various bugs and exploits
Fixed Fallujah West several floating caches
Fixed Gaza Beach apartment building misalignment
Fixed Iron Eagle combat area to address inability to use deployables
Fixed Iron Eagle terrain to prevent kits and firebases disappearing
Fixed Iron Ridge AASv4, visible flags and ticket bleed issues
Fixed Kokan various exploits and lightmap issues
Fixed Lashkar valley skirmish flag capture time
Fixed Operation Barracuda US ticket bleed occuring even if the penultimate flag is neutral
Fixed Silent Eagle skirmish combat area
Fixed Shijia Valley lowdetailtexture.dds incompatability with ATI X1xxx series graphics cards and below
Removed Burning Sands AAS32 for the immediate future.
Removed Dragonfly Infantry layer ZiS3 cannons
Removed Korengal AAS game mode for the immediate future
Removed Silent Eagle sunflare

Makikou
2011-08-20, 16:54
Woot woot

BloodyDeed
2011-08-20, 16:55
nice one ;)

Amok@ndy
2011-08-20, 17:03
that are some good news :)

Kain888
2011-08-20, 17:07
12 dressings. 0o

Moonlight
2011-08-20, 17:18
I want it released! NAO! ;D
On the other hand I'll miss those Su-30s blowing up in midair... :(

ShockUnitBlack
2011-08-20, 17:26
Interesting 8)

qubolo
2011-08-20, 17:26
RPG fixed!1! :D i started to like them, i had like 0.05 % accuracy at 150 meters :D even hit something once. I couldn't believe it.

I also like decreased damage to cashe's :D

Kain888
2011-08-20, 17:29
Anyway really nice to have fast, small patch, way better and more refreshing than waiting almost a year for a patch.

tatne
2011-08-20, 17:38
Love the 12 field dressings. It's nice to be a medic again when you don't have to use kit dropping with your squad to save field dressings.

evya
2011-08-20, 17:40
Wait what -Fixed Burning Sands balance issues to address the horde of Challenger 2s
Now I've barely played burning sands, but how many challengers are there?

Zoddom
2011-08-20, 17:49
very nice changelog.
however i think with 12 field dressings the medics will start again to use them for fast-revive :/ and i dont like that.

qubolo
2011-08-20, 17:55
yep, since fast-revive seems to be a bit too unrealistic.

Smegburt_funkledink
2011-08-20, 17:55
Anyway really nice to have fast, small patch, way better and more refreshing than waiting almost a year for a patch.

Notice that this patch is all about bug fixes or gameplay issues. There's no new content included in this patch whatsoever.

The reason you wait so long for other releases is due to the masses of content that gets added.

Nemes1s
2011-08-20, 17:59
Is the OOB Timer for Jets on Quinling and Iron Eagle fixed for this release?

Kain888
2011-08-20, 18:04
Notice that this patch is all about bug fixes or gameplay issues. There's no new content included in this patch whatsoever.

The reason you wait so long for other releases is due to the masses of content that gets added.

I'm fully aware of that, but that is not what I meant. The problem is that we had waited for "fix" patch that handled a lot of bugs (uav, bugged maps, vehicles, no ats) almost a year because of content that was being added simultaneously - unless I'm wrong and fixing hats took that long. Therefore I prefer 0.97 to be small, but playable.

illidur
2011-08-20, 18:09
graphics are dated (yet look good), but sound is astounding! sound updates are the best :)

i agree kain888, i'd rather see incremental patches than large ones... well when something is broken. but can't complain ;)

[md]MadMak[rus]
2011-08-20, 18:13
So, are we going to get it on Friday 26?

MADsqirrel
2011-08-20, 18:29
I did not expected it that soon, nice.
So, I can hit now with the Panzerfaust, even if the targets 300 m away? Does the optic match the bulletdrop of scoped RPG and Panzerfaust?

Fresz
2011-08-20, 18:38
"Added field dressings to civilians"

Will this effect helping insurgents? How would it work?

bloodthirsty_viking
2011-08-20, 19:11
"Added field dressings to civilians"

Will this effect helping insurgents? How would it work?

I bet its becuase they said (have not tried it yet) That medic kits dont heal yourself anymore, So the civi's need a way to heal themselfs now.

K4on
2011-08-20, 19:21
everthing is good - but the fog / viewdistange of shija should stay as it is =(
give infantry a chance!

Yosik
2011-08-20, 19:25
Nice hotfix, would be nice if there would be small patches every now and then with some features instead of yearly patching.. Kinda upset the French aren't in the patch although they look pretty complete from their progress page(this (https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AmWsMeRKjVTVcEdLNzljVEtabE1uSXljbWZNbW45W mc&gid=4)) and even better then the rest of the factions, if it won't be in this hotfix I hope it will be in a little patch not long after this, instead of waiting a few months again ;)

AFsoccer
2011-08-20, 19:26
Is the OOB Timer for Jets on Quinling and Iron Eagle fixed for this release?

Yes, but with Iron Eagle we want your feedback. We're trying a new thing where the out of bounds for jets only is 2000m past the map edge in all directions. Pilots will have to zoom their minimap or set it while in bounds. If they center it while out of bounds, then the minimap will show their out of bounds location.

This is good and bad.
Good: It shows where they are in relation to the map edge so it's less likely that you'll get lost out of bounds.
Bad: Pilots may not be able to see the target location on the map if it's too far away.

In all cases, you'll still have the chevron placed by your SL showing up on the compass so you can fly in that direction, then when closer re-center your minimap.

We made this change only on Iron Eagle so we could get feedback. If you like it then we'll make the change on other jet layers. If you don't, then we'll probably have to keep the jet's out of bounds timer at 10 seconds unless we can figure out how to change EA's hardcoded OOB.

AFsoccer
2011-08-20, 19:27
everthing is good - but the fog / viewdistange of shija should stay as it is =(
give infantry a chance!

The fog distance hasn't changed. :)
I just reduced the density a bit (especially vertically) so the UAV could actually see the ground.

Zulnex
2011-08-20, 19:29
Very nice features. Thank you. 8)

Loller
2011-08-20, 19:31
Great to see some fixes, i realise it doesnt detail it in the changelog but has Gaza Beach Skirmish spawn point issues been addressed and fixed yet? its a spectacular map to play skirmish on.

AFsoccer
2011-08-20, 19:36
Great to see some fixes, i realise it doesnt detail it in the changelog but has Gaza Beach Skirmish spawn point issues been addressed and fixed yet? its a spectacular map to play skirmish on.

Yes :)

Gaza skirmish and AAS got a complete make-over. I think you're going to like it. We also fixed the issue where civi cars would explode on map start (you probably heard them blowing up while on the countdown screen). lol

Yosik
2011-08-20, 19:41
Don't you think that decreasing the RPG damage against APCs just makes them more OP? With the new bulletdrop barely anyone can hit the APCs at insurgency and even if you hit it usually only damages the APC...

Loller
2011-08-20, 19:43
AFsoccer;1648067']Yes :)

Gaza skirmish and AAS got a complete make-over. I think you're going to like it. We also fixed the issue where civi cars would explode on map start (you probably heard them blowing up while on the countdown screen). lol

Thanks for clearing that up appreciate the very quick response , hopefully not too much of a makeover as it was wonderful beforehand apart from the whole not being able to spawn thing ( yeh we'll sidestep that one ^^) and a few other things. Huzzah!

fillsson
2011-08-20, 19:53
"Reverted unguided AT weapon muzzle velocities back to pre 0.96 settings"

So does this mean that RPG 7 is back in action? :grin:

Nixy23
2011-08-20, 20:01
Very nice. Thank you devs for bringing a (bug)fix patch so soon!

Jafar Ironclad
2011-08-20, 20:02
Out of curiosity, is my harrier code work in this build?

=]H[= Apollo
2011-08-20, 20:22
awesome guess this was meant to be a 0.96 release thanks for the fixes devs :D

blackfish_
2011-08-20, 20:34
great news, keep up the good work! :D

goguapsy
2011-08-20, 21:50
Awesome!

Why were the CROW rotating sounds removed, tho? Bugged?

BloodyDeed
2011-08-20, 22:06
They do not make any sound IRL

mockingbird0901
2011-08-20, 22:17
Don't you think that decreasing the RPG damage against APCs just makes them more OP? With the new bulletdrop barely anyone can hit the APCs at insurgency and even if you hit it usually only damages the APC...

Reverted unguided AT weapon muzzle velocities back to pre 0.96 settings

TheComedian
2011-08-20, 22:29
How bout a healing spell instead of 12 bandages?

karambaitos
2011-08-20, 22:48
^healing spell is stackable, field dressings arent, its a balance thing i guess, also without the self healing bag, i play a bit more realistically as medic, and dont run into fire (as much)

Spush
2011-08-20, 23:21

I don't think so as this patch is just for bug fixing, maybe the next one.

cyberzomby
2011-08-20, 23:31
Ah! Muzzle thing for unguided rockets. So that means you don't have to aim up at the sky anymore?

Good news on a quick bug fix :) I love you fellas!

Rudd
2011-08-20, 23:48

soz mate, but this is just bugfixing, theres a few things we would have liked to put in this patch but it would require alot more beta testing and could bring in new bugs etc

Blizzard
2011-08-21, 00:36
Got a question! Anything about bullet deviation?

ChallengerCC
2011-08-21, 01:18

I push this. Hotfixes are necessary!
Big releases should take time. But great changes !
Skirmish and Raly Point to 1 min i dont know could be to many action.

And i want Wanda Shan back :( :( :(

General Dragosh
2011-08-21, 01:24
WHAT ?!

U fixed my rpg !!!

U good personz ! xD

theDaarkness
2011-08-21, 02:38
I see nothing on here about fixing the issues with the Warrior apcs as it is now they are unusable you cant hit anything with them it appears you are hitting an object but in reality you cannot please fix as this is game breaking.

mockingbird0901
2011-08-21, 02:42
I see nothing on here about fixing the issues with the Warrior apcs as it is now they are unusable you cant hit anything with them it appears you are hitting an object but in reality you cannot please fix as this is game breaking.

Fixed gunner desynchronisation issues on Warrior and Bradley
What about this then?

c2h5OH_ru
2011-08-21, 03:32
Awesome!

Shovel
2011-08-21, 04:18
Awesome! I haven't even gotten used to 0.96 yet...

Jafar Ironclad
2011-08-21, 04:23
Rudd;1648176']soz mate, but this is just bugfixing, theres a few things we would have liked to put in this patch but it would require alot more beta testing and could bring in new bugs etc

Not a problem, I understand completely. Was just curious. :)

bahlye
2011-08-21, 04:31
Question..... when do we get the server patch ? ;)

dtacs
2011-08-21, 05:39
Have entrance points been added to the top of the AAVP? Can the driver still be shot out of the AAV by small arms?

Has the Kokan DoD been painted on?

Can the Tiger land now or does it still flip?

Can you now spot destroyed bridges as an Insurgent?

Lt.Nagae
2011-08-21, 06:49
a question, this update is server-side? if no, where the download link for the client?
thanks for the attention

Asystole
2011-08-21, 06:57
a question, this update is server-side? if no, where the download link for the client?
thanks for the attention

This is a client-side patch but hasnt been released yet.

Lt.Nagae
2011-08-21, 06:59
This is a client-side patch but hasnt been released yet.
thanks for the intel

BloodyDeed
2011-08-21, 07:53
Question..... when do we get the server patch ? ;)
Everything will be released in time.
Do you really think they will forget to release them, cmon ;)

Sgt.Ayllon
2011-08-21, 09:37
Nice!! 12 field dressing!!

P.S:I want the French Forces!!!
Je veux les forces fran?ais!!!

Antonyo
2011-08-21, 11:04
I really hope that we see more of these bugfix and balance updates in the future =).

And I think its quite realistic to have the rpg damage decreased since irl u usually need several hits to completely take out an apc or ifv. At least that is what I learned during my time in the Swedish Army =)

LalalaOUCH
2011-08-21, 13:46
the Gaza beach skir is still bugged =[ IDF faction cant spawn

Rudd
2011-08-21, 13:49
Gaza Beach skirmish is fixed

nAyo
2011-08-21, 14:19
12 fields dressings won't be that better as before. When someone has 1% of life left, about to die, the medic use the medic bag to heal him instantly then he doesn't die. Whereas, when the medic is about to die, he has to select fields then drop it, then wait foolishly to get it. It means, you have time to die 4340 times.

Seriously, in my opinion as an eternal medic, this is the dumbest PR thing ever released. No interest, no improving of anything, and no better teamplay with that.

And finally, SU30 bombs got fixeeeeeeed, thats a good thing! waited for it for ages! but visibly not the tiger yet which should have been fixed on 0.96 already, and which was not..

Nice job anyway :)

Rudd
2011-08-21, 14:29
sorry Nay0w

your logic is flawed

you heal faster with field dressings than with the medic bag anyway

gameplay overall medic wise is IDENTICAL to before, you just press one button different and click 3 times instead of holding click

karambaitos
2011-08-21, 14:35
Rudd;1648381']sorry Nay0w

your logic is flawed

you heal faster with field dressings than with the medic bag anyway

gameplay overall medic wise is IDENTICAL to before, you just press one button different and click 3 times instead of holding click

hes talking about the time it takes to start healing and the time it takes to take the patch out and do the fire animation thing and then throw it then it tame it takes for you to eat it, which is a lot slower than to start healing your self, his problem is when you get hit by a sniper, and go black and white, before you could survive if you healed with a medibag, now you need to stop that very instant and drop a patch, if you dont youll die.

IMHO at least the devs managed to make 1 kit (and who ever uses it) fear death and getting hit, well at least a bit more that what was before, which was no fear at all, because you could heal your self while moving and survive 1 bullet hit more

Spush
2011-08-21, 14:54
And using the medic bag is any better. Come on just don't get shot and stay behind as a medic...

Stealthgato
2011-08-21, 14:57
Don't understand how people can't land with the Tiger. It was always fine.

I think the AAVP already has an entry point at the top?

nAyo
2011-08-21, 15:06
That's exactly what I mean karamaitos. I understand you point of view Rudd, but the difference is in what I've said, the ability to heal ourselves instantly or not. It just means you are inferior than your squad mates against a marksman for example, who will make you see black and white each time he shoots.

I agree, 12 fields dressings now is like "clicking several times instead of holding clicked". At least it got changed and that's still good, because having only 5 fields dressings had no sense at all, even for a medic who shouldn't go to fight ;)

Then, for all who can't understand why some people can't land the tiger, I can tell you that you are not pretty good pilots :p I justify, to be able to land it without crashing it, you must land it violently not to let time to the wheels to "slip" or to roll or I don't know ; try to land it properly, do a smooth landing and you'll crash it.
I've tried it with some friends and we're all quite good PR pilots, you can trust me :)

Rudd
2011-08-21, 15:28
It just means you are inferior than your squad mates against a marksman for example, who will make you see black and white each time he shoots.

now, that is a point I can get on board with, I'm sure (when the relevant discussion sections are open) we can discuss the combat effectiveness of the medic kit in its non-healing related capabilities, such as the avaliability of a scope.

To land with the tiger (at least in my experience) you have to bleed your speed right off, no short landing like the apache, those long landing gears are quite far away from the vehicle's pivot.

nAyo
2011-08-21, 15:37
Yes but if you are perfectly stationary above the helipad, if you press S like a pig to move down and touch the ground violently you won't crash it, all will be ok, whereas if you press it slowly for a smooth landing it will slip down.

SyntheticCoyote
2011-08-21, 16:07
Thanks for the update guys! Keep up the awesome work. Cannot wait for the release!

Spartan0189
2011-08-21, 18:55
Awesome, I guess my hiatus from Battlefield 2 as a whole can now be declared over, can't wait for .97 to be released and I'll be gaming my grades away :P

Megagoth1702
2011-08-21, 19:33
Love the 12 field dressings. It's nice to be a medic again when you don't have to use kit dropping with your squad to save field dressings.

Agreed.

Thank you DEVs for this really really fast update! :) When u rlease?

Firepower01
2011-08-21, 20:11
I still think medics should be able to heal with their first aid kit. But the patch looks good none the less!

Bluedrake42
2011-08-21, 20:55
wow already!? SWEET!
I hope that this will be better this time
But to be honest if you all shit something out
its still better then 95% of the game market (100% of the tactical game market)

BoZo_135
2011-08-21, 22:30
Do we have a rough estimate of when this will be released? :D

Fractal
2011-08-21, 22:33
Decreased RPG7 damage to APCs?! What that for?
RPGs are very effective against APCs.

RPG optics has real good zoom. I actually liked it more then SVD standard optics one.
Not to mention 500 line aim. I/d love to see it fixed :) And RPGs are very noisy when shut, at least Frag ones. I have never shot AT one :(

Thanks for all this nice work u do people

goguapsy
2011-08-22, 00:38
They do not make any sound IRL

Oh okay.

Why did it even have then? lawl

Rudd
2011-08-22, 00:55
Why did it even have then? lawl

because very few things are 100% perfect when they are put ingame, theres usually something wrong, a texture inconsistency, a sound, a misalignment or whatever.

its pretty nice that even this small sound is given the appropriate attention :P

USMC scout sniper
2011-08-22, 00:56
me happy! :D

FelipeFR
2011-08-22, 01:10
WTFFFFF hell that was fast.

ComradeHX
2011-08-22, 02:00
Decreased RPG7 damage to APCs?! What that for?
RPGs are very effective against APCs.

RPG optics has real good zoom. I actually liked it more then SVD standard optics one.
Not to mention 500 line aim. I/d love to see it fixed :) And RPGs are very noisy when shut, at least Frag ones. I have never shot AT one :(

Thanks for all this nice work u do people

I just need to know how many shots to a APC it will take to kill it; and bring the appropriate number of people to fire upon the APC.

Phenixtri
2011-08-22, 02:38
Awesome patch guys keep up the great work.

Also on another side note can anyone please tell me why I cant post my own threads in the forums? I have some suggestions for improving the visual realism id like to share.

AFsoccer
2011-08-22, 02:57
Also on another side note can anyone please tell me why I cant post my own threads in the forums?

For a few weeks after each release, the suggestion forum is usually locked. This is so players have a chance to get used to changes before offering reactions. It should be opened again soon. :)

Jolly
2011-08-22, 03:21
Insurgent:Hard time come.
AT operator:Never shoot cache

Me:Good!!

JCorona
2011-08-22, 04:04
Everyone still playing in .96? Oo

Jaymz
2011-08-22, 04:16
I just need to know how many shots to a APC it will take to kill it; and bring the appropriate number of people to fire upon the APC.

The acceleration changes to them were reverted, so they don't dip as ridiculously as they do in 0.96 anymore.

The damage changes against modern APC's/IFV's are like so (excludes things like the M113 and BTR-60),

0.96 and previous versions

1 x PG-7 round = Heavily damaged, possibly tracked or turret disabled
2 x PG-7 rounds = Destroyed

1 x PG-7 round = Damaged, still combat effective. Unlikely to be tracked or have turret disabled.
2 x PG-7 rounds = Heavily Damaged, possibly tracked or turret disabled
3 x PG-7 rounds = Destroyed

This applies only to the standard PG-7 projectile. The tandem warhead is unaffected.

Though still not quite realistic (certain ones can take lots of hits without sustaining any significant damage, irl) it's a much better representation than what we have now.

Firepower01
2011-08-22, 05:41
How about the SPG-9 rounds? Because I was dieing in one hit to those in the Canadian LAV III the other day on Kokan (granted he did hit my side armor most of the time)

georgysb
2011-08-22, 07:45
I really hope that we see more of these bugfix and balance updates in the future =).

And I think its quite realistic to have the rpg damage decreased since irl u usually need several hits to completely take out an apc or ifv. At least that is what I learned during my time in the Swedish Army =)

right! You just have to change dead crew and still can use this AAV again(if engine is not damaged and ammo didn't detonated)

I find this change RIDICULOUS! The weakest RPG-7 grenade can still pierce 260+mm of steel armour... gosh.. it was designed to take out TANKS! Even RPG-26 can pierce 220mm of steel armour at the angle of 60 degrees...

Is this patch still called as Project REALITY or maybe it is Project AntiInsurgency now? Whose was that idea??

ShockUnitBlack
2011-08-22, 07:57
Old-school tanks without reactive armour and cage armour, sure.

Cadde.se
2011-08-22, 08:23
Thank you for the quick fix! :)

My gunners frustration in the Warrior was at a all time high. ;)

sovietorchestra
2011-08-22, 09:52
Do the Russian and German HAT/LAT sights work or still unusable?

karambaitos
2011-08-22, 10:55
Do the Russian and German HAT/LAT sights work or still unusable?

the russian optic is broken like in 95 again *sigh*
but on the other hand at least you can destroy stuff with the hat

what i dont understand why not just lower the entire sight picture down to where its zeroed in by default on the russian RPG-7, that would fix the problems with the sight

moj
2011-08-22, 11:09
"Reverted unguided AT weapon muzzle velocities back to pre 0.96 settings"

So does this mean that RPG 7 is back in action? :grin:

I wonder why they put "unguided AT weapon" instead of just "RPG-7", since the other LAT kits didn't appear to have been altered anyway.

Regardless, if this means the RPG-7 drop is as it used to be, then I'm a very happy bunny.

BloodAce
2011-08-22, 11:23
Decreased time for informants to get to a marked position to 3 minutes and the delay for the intel to reach the commander to 15 seconds

I'm very happy to see this change :)
Finally insurgent commander can use informants properly and gather information from the battlefield to help his team!

Jaymz
2011-08-22, 11:58
it was designed to take out TANKS!

From the 60's. The fact stands that modern IFV's can and have taken multiple RPG-7 hits while remaining combat effective.

Fractal
2011-08-22, 12:05
Jaymz;1648914']From the 60's. The fact stands that modern IFV's can and have taken multiple RPG-7 hits while remaining combat effective.
Maybe frag ones have been shot to them ?! instead of AT ones.

And it would be great if RPGs could be correctable on distance like SBLs are of grenadiers.
Should be easy as this is already done for grenadiers and RPG optics zoom must be peace of cake.

A.Finest
2011-08-22, 13:11

True on that :)

Rudd
2011-08-22, 13:19
Should be easy...

never a good idea to start a sentance like that :)

almost as good as

"I'm not a coder but..."

Jaymz
2011-08-22, 13:51
Should be easy as this is already done for grenadiers and RPG optics zoom must be peace of cake.

Harder, the RPG-7 has a rear sight with a moveable piece that needs to be physically moved to adjust, which would need animating in-game.

Nebsif
2011-08-22, 15:29
<3 Jaymz for posting useful info! :P

Now trans helos wont be as armored as actual APCs!
BTW, will the feedback and suggestion sections remain locked for another 2 weeks? xD

Rudd
2011-08-22, 15:33
BTW, will the feedback and suggestion sections remain locked for another 2 weeks? xD

for a little while, but I doubt for very long

Souls Of Mischief
2011-08-22, 16:37
Jaymz;1648775']The acceleration changes to them were reverted, so they don't dip as ridiculously as they do in 0.96 anymore.

The damage changes against modern APC's/IFV's are like so (excludes things like the M113 and BTR-60),

1 x PG-7 round = Damaged, still combat effective. Unlikely to be tracked or have turret disabled.

This applies only to the standard PG-7 projectile. The tandem warhead is unaffected.

Though still not quite realistic (certain ones can take lots of hits without sustaining any significant damage, irl) it's a much better representation than what we have now.

Is it intended for Puma to take 9 RPG's to the front or 6 RPG's to the side and only then catch on fire? Tested it on local and LOL'ed epicly :D Didn't test how many shots it takes to the rear.

Jaymz
2011-08-22, 17:02
Is it intended for Puma to take 9 RPG's to the front or 6 RPG's to the side and only then catch on fire? Tested it on local and LOL'ed epicly :D Didn't test how many shots it takes to the rear.

The Puma uses a different armour system to all other modern APC/IFV's in-game. With the level 3 protection package (which is what [R-DEV]Kaijleor modelled it with) it is considered to be the most protected IFV in the world (rivalled only by the IDF's Namer, which is literally built on tank chassis) and it weighs about 40 tonnes. We wanted to reflect that in-game.

We accept that the Marder would have been more appropriate as far as Lashkar Valley is concerned, but the Puma is what was made, so be it.

Souls Of Mischief
2011-08-22, 17:07
That explains it, heared about the Pumas armor being quite strong few months ago. Thanks for the clarification! Now I know what I'm going to do on Lashkar :D

ShockUnitBlack
2011-08-22, 17:55
I really like the improved APC survivability. In general I feel vehicles aren't as big a threat on the battlefield as they should be, mostly because they're too vulnerable to AT weapons.

Foxxy
2011-08-22, 18:04
I really like the improved APC survivability. In general I feel vehicles aren't as big a threat on the battlefield as they should be, mostly because they're too vulnerable to AT weapons.

Which is why infantry should screen the APCS from the front to eliminate any Anti Tank threats. But the problem with that is that not many squads actually do that :-|

ghostfool84
2011-08-22, 18:04
Increased efficiency of medic resuscitate

What does that exactly mean?

goguapsy
2011-08-22, 18:33
Rudd;1648695']because very few things are 100% perfect when they are put ingame, theres usually something wrong, a texture inconsistency, a sound, a misalignment or whatever.

its pretty nice that even this small sound is given the appropriate attention :P

Oh okay. I was wondering why did they even link the sound to the gun in the first place.

Jorgee!
2011-08-22, 18:37
AncientMan;1647971']Project Reality: BF2 v0.97 Features

Materials

Decreased 70mm unguided rocket explosion damage vs caches by a significant amount
Decreased ATGM/TOW explosion damage vs caches by 75%
Decreased 5.56mm damage vs scout heli armor by 50%
Decreased 7.62mm damage vs scout heli armor by 25%

Not sure if it's like "Reality"......

When you hitt a building with a war helicopter, doesn't all inside get destroyed?

A TOW missile or ATGM is very powerful too....

BloodyDeed
2011-08-22, 18:43
What does that exactly mean?

The hands will push corpses a little bit further so you will be able to push players better out of objects.

MADsqirrel
2011-08-22, 19:03
Thank you for the awesome work with the Panzerfaust 3! Its perfect now, like RL( I am shooting the Panzerfaust in RL from time to time)
Excellent work!

Stealthgato
2011-08-22, 19:10
Not sure if it's like "Reality"......

When you hitt a building with a war helicopter, doesn't all inside get destroyed?

A TOW missile or ATGM is very powerful too....

Gameplay.

DizzyBala
2011-08-22, 19:34
Nice one!

Bringerof_D
2011-08-22, 20:02
Wait what -Fixed Burning Sands balance issues to address the horde of Challenger 2s
Now I've barely played burning sands, but how many challengers are there?

if i recall correctly the brits started with 4 challengers in .96

Jorgee!
2011-08-22, 20:08
Gameplay.

Yes but pages before a DEV was talking about Reality on how much RPG hits an APC can take without being disabled....

So, its like reality for USA / NATO and gameplay for OPFOR...... so some get favoured where the others don't

Rissien
2011-08-22, 20:13
Insurgents get 2 rpgs per cache, plus any at main, not hard to kill apcs with. Wheres caches, people have been still using whatever method they could find to kill caches at range from saftey, theyve already done it once before.

Jaymz
2011-08-22, 20:14

Gameplay.

That change is done to counteract an issue with the BF2 engine.

Basically, any weapon with an explosion radius (like a 70mm rocket fired from a helicopter) will deal damage to any vehicle/static within it's explosion radius regardless of how much cover it's in. So 70mm rockets were able to damage a cache even if it was behind 10 meters of reinforced concrete. This change prevents that.

There is also, as mentioned, gameplay reasons. The whole idea is that BLUFOR searches for, and assaults/clears, cache positions so that infantry can dispose of them. The challenge for BLUFOR is to move in and have to deal with the multitude of different threats the insurgents pose in close ranges. Being able to destroy caches in a stand-off manner neglects this.

billysmall44
2011-08-22, 20:21
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/2220/smiley01.th.png (http://img3.imageshack.us/i/smiley01.png/)
i love UPDATES

Ahzrukhal
2011-08-22, 22:55
This is what needed to be done! Good Job, I am looking forward to this :)

bessert
2011-08-22, 23:56
Jaymz;1649047']The Puma uses a different armour system to all other modern APC/IFV's in-game. With the level 3 protection package (which is what [R-DEV]Kaijleor modelled it with) it is considered to be the most protected IFV in the world (rivalled only by the IDF's Namer, which is literally built on tank chassis) and it weighs about 40 tonnes. We wanted to reflect that in-game.

We accept that the Marder would have been more appropriate as far as Lashkar Valley is concerned, but the Puma is what was made, so be it.

I don't get it really . Why it is always realism for BLUFOR and gameplay for INS ? I've tested it as well and yeah , it took 10 RPG-7 rounds to destroy it .

Stealthgato
2011-08-23, 00:53
Havoc in Burning Sands instead of Gazelle-Gazelle or Gazelle-Eurocopter. I am disappoint.

Jaymz
2011-08-23, 02:04
Why it is always realism for BLUFOR and gameplay for INS ?

I just explained that it was both for both sides in my last post. The Puma and Namer are both on 1 x insurgency map each. Both times they face opponents with tandem RPG warheads, SPG-9's and artillery/proximity IED's.

ComradeHX
2011-08-23, 05:38
Jaymz;1648775']The acceleration changes to them were reverted, so they don't dip as ridiculously as they do in 0.96 anymore.

Thanks.

New Squad comp: 3 rpg and 1 civi. :D

RealCombatPL
2011-08-23, 10:25
12 dressings finally :D

Dr.Roy.Mustang
2011-08-23, 11:13
Civilian + patch = Win!

Mats391
2011-08-23, 12:17
what are the roe regarding use of field dressings?

dtacs
2011-08-23, 13:26
Legal, as in you cannot be shot.

Only bad stuff is the Epipen and CPR hands.

bessert
2011-08-23, 14:50
Jaymz;1649302']I just explained that it was both for both sides in my last post. The Puma and Namer are both on 1 x insurgency map each. Both times they face opponents with tandem RPG warheads, SPG-9's and artillery/proximity IED's.

I'm not only talking about RPG-7's effectiveness against those apcs , it's also same with the other insurgency maps . Is it really true that 3 rpg-7 shots could take out an apc ? I watched videos that proved the rpg-7 has a lot of penetration skill against those apcs .

Hannes_Sbg
2011-08-23, 15:56
AncientMan;1647971']Project Reality: BF2 v0.97 Features
Updated Shijia Valley with improved AASv4

Thanks for removing this boring route from Shijia: http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/1999/route8.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/607/route8.jpg/)

Is there anything else you have changed?

PoisonBill
2011-08-23, 16:56
Is there anything else you have changed?

Well having text on menues is the biggest one I guess! :shock:

-|Tactic|-Japsen
2011-08-23, 17:13
noooou one day to soon :C

KaizerSosa81
2011-08-24, 05:44
Been away from PR for awhile and came back to this... awesome.

georgysb
2011-08-24, 10:46
As far as I understand for insurgent RPG-7 PG-7VL ammo is used? (range - 300m, penetration - 500mm) right?

Knallkopp_02
2011-08-24, 11:46
i had problems when installing,

i am not shure if this is fixed

Fixed installer getting stuck on PB update

i need 3 attempts to install the Update to 0.973

Greetz Knallkopp_02

Antol
2011-08-25, 17:34
What and when will be next faction release to PR:BF2?

spawncaptain
2011-08-26, 03:42
Jaymz;1649047']We accept that the Marder would have been more appropriate as far as Lashkar Valley is concerned, but the Puma is what was made, so be it.
Because the German community faction forums were unfortunately closed I can't look it up, but I think the Boxer was also being modelled which can serve as a Stryker equivalent on INS maps. Is that still the case?
While I'd love to see both TPz Fuchs and SPz Marder, I understand that, with limited resources, you don't want to model a vehicle that is in the process of being phased out.

Sgt.Desert Tiger[TR]
2011-08-26, 13:42
Thanks for nerf opfors again thanks for it!!!

In all patchs you nerfing opfors and bluefors are going overpowered step by step.If this is going like this I will not play this mod again FH2 better than this mod.

And whats the point of decrease dmg of RPG-7 on apc's its only nonsense.

Sgt.Desert Tiger[TR]
2011-08-26, 13:52
And are you gonna change back arty ied resupply system???

I can resuplly 1 arty ied with 1 ammo box but now I cant do it.For opfors we need to get back to base or cache for resuplly it and its take too much time for us.

This is ruin all ambush game style.Because you need to spend more time for going to resupply area than return for place ied.

And while wasting this time maybe enemy apc or humvee full of squad move from that road and you miss them because of this.

If you are using ied thats mean you must w8 long time for enemy and if you miss them they will not return for a long time or never.

Sgt.Desert Tiger[TR]
2011-08-26, 16:53
While start talking about weapons.Why insurgents sniper rifle have only 8 more bullet while other sniper rifles have hearly 30-40 bullet???

In other hand when you start take aim with insurgents sniper rifle its take more time than bluefors sniper rifle and accuracy is worst double-triple time than them.

Few min ago I try to kill enemy(20-30m away from me) with no4 sniper rifle and fired 5-6 times but I didnt hit him.He was lying on ground and I can saw him clearly.

Why are you trying to make opfor worst???You are nerfing everything.

Bluefors weapons %85-90 hit the target + they have acog but on opfors our weapons %30-40 hit enemy(distance no matter this is same when enemy near of us)

And insurgency maps have open grounds more than buildings so this map us easy target for them.

IEDAmbush
2011-08-27, 00:54
Sweet. But..... RPG OPTICS!!!

sharpie
2011-08-27, 02:40
What and when will be next faction release to PR:BF2?

patient_bear.jpg, French i believe.

rough77
2011-08-27, 11:52
thank you guys!

mosinmatt
2011-08-27, 18:35
I am going to partially agree with Desert Tiger. Opfor, especially INS always seems to get the short end.
At least the collaborator can heal himself now, and the RPGs don't fall to the ground immediately out of the tube.
But the guns...I know the Insurgency are supposed to have crappy guns. But no optics sucks. the bluefor with the ACOG is almost as deadly as a marksman rifle. They can sit out a few hundred meters away and just slay bodies, where as ALL the INS standard kits have nothing. You see one pixel, then you die. It woul dbe nice to at least have the cell leader have a scoped version or something.

Souls Of Mischief
2011-08-27, 20:54
I am going to partially agree with Desert Tiger. Opfor, especially INS always seems to get the short end.
At least the collaborator can heal himself now, and the RPGs don't fall to the ground immediately out of the tube.
But the guns...I know the Insurgency are supposed to have crappy guns. But no optics sucks. the bluefor with the ACOG is almost as deadly as a marksman rifle. They can sit out a few hundred meters away and just slay bodies, where as ALL the INS standard kits have nothing. You see one pixel, then you die. It woul dbe nice to at least have the cell leader have a scoped version or something.

1. Proper use of cover
2. Insurgent weapons are far better in CQB.
3. Insurgents are supposed to use hit and run tactics.
4. If you fail... follow the next points.
5. Get to main and look for SVD's and a Enfield No. 4
6. ???
7. Profit.

PLODDITHANLEY
2011-08-27, 21:34
Nick blufor scoped kits or wait in ambush with AK full auto FTW.

Tidy patch cheers

Sgt.Desert Tiger[TR]
2011-08-27, 21:40
1. Proper use of cover
2. Insurgent weapons are far better in CQB.
3. Insurgents are supposed to use hit and run tactics.
4. If you fail... follow the next points.
5. Get to main and look for SVD's and a Enfield No. 4
6. ???
7. Profit.

1.Which cover???Nearly all insurgency maps include open grounds than city so we cant hide in middle of desert.(You can only hide well in Fallujah if you not in left of map)

2.Insurgents weapons better in CQB is NOT true.Because all the time when I find bluefor in CQB he can only need turn his weapon to me not need to take aim.Because bluefors weapons have great accuracy in close combat even not aimming so most of time in CQB you are dying while try to take aim on enemy.

3.I agree with you but with their ultraoverpowered weapons bluefor eaisly beat you before you try to run from that area so this tactics not working most of time.

4. ...

5. SVD and no4 have worst accuracy than bluefors marksman and sniper guns.SVD ok for me.But especially no4 have longer aiming time and from 0.96 you cant hit anything with it.But if you look at bluefors sniper you can aim faster than no4+accuracy double-triple time better than no4+2 zoom.

I am not cry for anything if you think like this.I finish most of my games I am in always first 5 player(about kill) and I used both weapons so I am writing this things with know anything about those weaps.

+I used bluefor sniper rifle in Fallujah as a insurgent 1-2 days ago(We have limitied time for put that kit back to ground you know) and I killed 2-3 americ in 5 min(1 of them nearly in fog because of distance but with 2nd zoom I killed him).

And is this not overpowered I cant tell what it is.

Sgt.Desert Tiger[TR]
2011-08-27, 21:42

And for only insurgents no optic is better than have optic and they have no optics on their guns in reallife.

There is only 1 thing they can do increase number of SVD kit 1 to 2.

Souls Of Mischief
2011-08-27, 22:38
;1652526']1.Which cover???Nearly all insurgency maps include open grounds than city so we cant hide in middle of desert.(You can only hide well in Fallujah if you not in left of map)

2.Insurgents weapons better in CQB is NOT true.Because all the time when I find bluefor in CQB he can only need turn his weapon to me not need to take aim.Because bluefors weapons have great accuracy in close combat even not aimming so most of time in CQB you are dying while try to take aim on enemy.

3.I agree with you but with their ultraoverpowered weapons bluefor eaisly beat you before you try to run from that area so this tactics not working most of time.

4. ...

5. SVD and no4 have worst accuracy than bluefors marksman and sniper guns.SVD ok for me.But especially no4 have longer aiming time and from 0.96 you cant hit anything with it.But if you look at bluefors sniper you can aim faster than no4+accuracy double-triple time better than no4+2 zoom.

I am not cry for anything if you think like this.I finish most of my games I am in always first 5 player(about kill) and I used both weapons so I am writing this things with know anything about those weaps.

+I used bluefor sniper rifle in Fallujah as a insurgent 1-2 days ago(We have limitied time for put that kit back to ground you know) and I killed 2-3 americ in 5 min(1 of them nearly in fog because of distance but with 2nd zoom I killed him).

And is this not overpowered I cant tell what it is.

1. Caches don't spawn in the middle of a dessert... don't go there, it's an open area ya know?

2. That is false, all assault rifles have the same deviation pattern. That is your inability to fight in CQb, not the games fault.

3. /facepalm.

4. -

5. DEVIATION is the same, ACCURACY is the same! Just because YOU can't use them properly, does NOT mean they are inferior when compared to other weapons of the same type.

Please, stop with these whiny posts.

Sgt.Desert Tiger[TR]
2011-08-28, 01:03
Same???

Are you kidding with me???

I used several times both weapons.So I know what are they.Pls not talk without try both weaps pls.

nater
2011-08-28, 03:14
You don't have to try both weapons because we've been told by the Dev's that all main rifles have the same deviation stats.

Souls Of Mischief
2011-08-28, 10:29
;1652632']Same???

Are you kidding with me???

I used several times both weapons.So I know what are they.Pls not talk without try both weaps pls.

I have used all weapons in PR. All of them have the same deviation pattern (depending on the weapon class) with differences only in recoil, magazine capacity. You are WRONG, deal with it. Insurgents are not underpowered and BlueFor isn't overpowered. You are playing Insurgency wrong, now stop whining please. It's irritating.

Sgt.Desert Tiger[TR]
2011-08-28, 13:56
Still you say they are same and you say you used all weaps so you need to use them again.

Souls Of Mischief
2011-08-28, 14:50
;1652874']Still you say they are same and you say you used all weaps so you need to use them again.

No, I do not. Deviation pattern for the same class weapons are the same. DEV's have said that numerous times.

I do not have any problems getting a decent amount of kills with Insurgent weapons- let it be an AK, SVD or Enfield No. 4. Just because you fail with them doesn't mean others do the same. Lets end this discussion right here, since you are blindly entitled to your opinion.

Sgt.Desert Tiger[TR]
2011-08-28, 15:16
As I said before I kill over 10-15 bluefor before map end.I have no problem with kill them but there is a problem about reality of guns and this ruin insurgency gameplay.Because of that I am writing here whats the problem is.

I have played tons of game which were unbalanced because of that I am start to play this mod but this mod going to be one of them in near future.Because of nerfing insurgency pll gona stop play it.

Hauteclocque
2011-08-28, 15:34
Well, open the code files of weapons of the same caliber.

-> Profit.

(and be quiet as well, stating facts according to your rough gaming experience isn't a valuable source, unlike game files)

I've been polite, but your spamming style seriously irritated me.

ShockUnitBlack
2011-08-28, 18:40
I'm pretty sure the majority of insurgent weapons are higher calibre than their BLUFOR counterparts and thus do more damage per shot.

Souls Of Mischief
2011-08-28, 19:04
I'm pretty sure the majority of insurgent weapons are higher calibre than their BLUFOR counterparts and thus do more damage per shot.

Yeah, forgot to add that...

FLAP_BRBGOING2MOON
2011-08-29, 02:05
Jaymz]
There is also, as mentioned, gameplay reasons. The whole idea is that BLUFOR searches for, and assaults/clears, cache positions so that infantry can dispose of them. The challenge for BLUFOR is to move in and have to deal with the multitude of different threats the insurgents pose in close ranges. Being able to destroy caches in a stand-off manner neglects this.

but you left C4 alone? seems stupid you can still bypass defenders by throwing the c4 on a wall 15 feet away.

Ome99
2011-08-29, 12:32
RPG muzzle velocity reverted to pre 0.96 velocity, best part of the whole update, then they wrote that the RPG damage to APCs got decreased, and that ruined my very brief moment of joy, oh well, at least I can hit them now!

redpanda
2011-08-29, 13:28
does anyone know how to update pr on steam .ive got the older version o.o57,would i have to reinstall it again help!

Jaymz
2011-08-29, 21:51
but you left C4 alone? seems stupid you can still bypass defenders by throwing the c4 on a wall 15 feet away.

I agree, I think C4 should be looked at. The issue with C4 is that it's radius is already a good bit lower that it would realistically be, to somewhat alleviate this issue. The materials can probably be tweaked so it's required be placed very close to a cache while it's other uses remain unaffected.

Soldierman
2011-08-30, 07:45
Nice, good changes and alot of bug fixes. Especially the APC desync.

FLAP_BRBGOING2MOON
2011-08-31, 06:51
Jaymz;1653828']I agree, I think C4 should be looked at. The issue with C4 is that it's radius is already a good bit lower that it would realistically be, to somewhat alleviate this issue. The materials can probably be tweaked so it's required be placed very close to a cache while it's other uses remain unaffected.

the combat engineer is completely unnecessary on ins anyways.. mines would never be used by BLUFOR troops in this situation, and since c4 cannot destroy other eplosives (ied's mines etc) the kit is only there to ninja caches and MAYBE remove mines

i should probably just make a thread in feedback about it now that it is open.

johank
2011-09-07, 17:01
:razz: awesome.

AFsoccer
2011-09-10, 20:03
Hey guys, I need your help.

It sounds like a lot of servers are keeping Shijia Valley off their map list due to problems they experienced when 0.96 was released. However, the people I've talked to directly and the server I play on regularly hasn't experienced any problems since 0.97 came out.

Updated Shijia Valley to improve memory usage to help with FPS and server performance issues
We did a lot of optimizations on Shijia Valley and fixed a texture issue that was causing crashes for some players... so if you like the map and could give the 0.97 version a shot, that would be greatly appreciated. If you still experience more than the usual amounts of crashes, please let me know (or server admins: post in the server threads).