project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
24 Mar 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 12-02-2010, 12:41 AM   #1
Smile Un-revivable Deaths?

Hey guys, maybe this topic was started before? But I could not find anything related to this,
ok to be honest I suck at forums, but here is some of my questions and views,

Well to start off, erm, notice when u get a sweet shot in the head by a rifle?
Well thats supposed to kill you like instantly, so you cant really be revived, in real life,
getting shot in the torso or limbs, there is a possibility you can survive, but shot in the head?
It would take a miracle to survive, i know some people actually survived headshots, but isnt
it frustrating when u shoot someone in the head, he gets revived?
Well Im just stating my views so please dont flame me.
Last edited by Okita; 12-02-2010 at 12:51 AM..
Old 12-02-2010, 12:53 AM   #2
Supporting Member

Default Re: Un-revivable Deaths?

In previous versions of PR a headshot would kill. One of the most favoured tactics was simply to spray and hope for a headshot instead of taking well placed, accurate body shots to ensure they went down.

Although in some respect with deviation it could be reintroduced, the overall random nature of getting shot in the head is something that would severely frustrate any player.

Also, this has been discussed before, try to search for a thread on it and take the discussion there. A mod will most likely merge the threads.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:57 AM   #3

Oh ok, sorry but im still a greenhorn in forum-ing. Well yeah it is frustrating but now with deviation, I really would enjoy it being reintroduced as it adds alot to realism in my humble opinion. Any one else wanna kindly share their views? I like to see what people have on their mind, so feel free to share your views guys =)
Okita is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 02:10 AM   #4

i know its very frustrating but i think it would destroy the gameplay alot i know the game is about realism and stuff but there is so many other times that you an instant death death and its not all the time you get revived and people usually hit the give up button to fast but if it was introduced it wouldnt make me rage but im just saying
Zyfer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 03:17 AM   #5

This topic will be brought up again and again (especially by those blissfully ignorant and unafraid of the DEVs' mighty smite forum newcomers ) because it's such a big deal.

My personal opinion is make headshots kill. It would encourage you to stay more in cover and fear the bullets and of course add to realism. Taking a 'well placed, accurate head shot' only to see your target run off happily with his buddy Doc is much more frustrating to me than getting killed myself by a random lucky spray&pray head shot.
splatters is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 04:15 AM   #6

<<Accidental Double Post...>>
Last edited by HKurban; 12-02-2010 at 04:26 AM..
Old 12-02-2010, 04:25 AM   #7

Originally Posted by Okita View Post
Well thats supposed to kill you like instantly, so you cant really be revived, in real life
Below is a link to a VERY VERY graphic image. Viewer discretion is advised.

It is listed in U.S. Army CLS powerpoints as a "Survivable Airway Problem"

Not every penetration to the head "kills unstantly" (although in this case it was an exploding blasting cap rather than a GSW).

That being said, shots to the upper torso and head are considered incapacitating shots because they will put the enemy down, even if they don't kill them. Although body armor and helmets decrease the penetration rate, a successful penetration will take someone out of the immediate fight. (They might be stabilized, but they are in no way combat effective)

Poster received a temporary ban for.

Last edited by Dunehunter; 12-02-2010 at 07:15 AM..
Old 12-02-2010, 05:12 AM   #8

Yeap simply my thoughts, you have a chance of surviving a headshot, BUT it will take away your ability to fight for life, like that poor guy who got his whole face shot to shreds. Well its nice to see you guys actually agree on something with me, but do you think it will be nicer to have instant headshot kills? I can do away with the torso shot as sometimes, it is a matter of will to fight, but sometimes the damage is too much for the body to handle, but what do you guys think of having this instant death by a well placed shot to the head? Well i feel this is very rewarding at long range as it gives you a so called reward if you get the guy in the grey. Well to me its really rewarding as I enjoy long range shooting with the marksman rifles, sniper rifles and the weapons with ACOGS. What are your views?

PS nice pic there man, people got to know this is the reality of WAR, so them kids can stop saying I LOVE WAR. IM RAMBO etc
Old 12-02-2010, 06:14 AM   #9
Supporting Member

This was taken our, because it is not realistic on many dimension and encourages not realistic behavior. And getting shot into body makes or limb renders your combat effectiveness and you should be taken out of combat when wounded. So to speak all revive mechanics is not realisitic.

Okuita - it has been brought here many times and lack of search skills is no excuse. It will be better for you and community to learn using this function, you will get answers and get mods happy.

There is your topic, I redirected you to the awesome Fuzzhead reply:

About reward I tink getting someone down at long range (and not only) is enough rewarding. It:
- makes supression
- pins enemy down
- slow down enemy
- takes 1 ticket from opposing team
- etc.
Kain888 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 06:27 AM   #10

Hey thanks for the link on what Fuzz said, what he said is really true, but in the end, well im my humble opinion, its not that I am playing the typical arcade style where i go BOOM HEADSHOT kinda stuff,
it just bugs me that when i know im a marksman, and i know i want my target dead, i go for the headshot ONLY if the situation permits me, such as a sniper vs sniper, or when the person is camping unaware of my presence, i WILL go for the headshot. But this where it bugs me, i shoot the guy in the grey, medic says wazzup, you will be up in no time. and the guy runs off with his buddy doctor. I mean i shoot the head not because i have a fetish where i get turned on by headshots, its just practical to shoot someone when the situation is right if you get what i mean? Get my drift? Do share your views =)

deaths, unrevivable