project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Mar 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Closed Thread
Old 12-19-2009, 08:40 PM   #1
PR Retrobate
Supporting Member

Exclamation 10th Community Server license revoked.

Dear Community,

The PR Team recently created a custom map, Operation Snow Storm, for a PR Community Event. It was with a possible view to releasing the map to the wider community at a later stage to tide over the delayed wait for the v0.9 release from the team. Bare in mind the 'later stage' would be a week at most.

While a number of established server administrators approached various team members asking for permission to use the map, the 10th Community Server Administrator approached a senior member of the PR Team on X-Fire and informed him that he had added the custom map to his server's map rotation. Upon being asked to remove it from his server, the message was received loud and clear that he had decided that PR's server license was optional. Among the comments received, were;

[20:22] c0cal1n: actually i do more for the mod then all rdevs together
[20:32] c0cal1n: i know about you forum faggots^^
As you all know, the PR server license agreement was introduced to combat the increasing numbers of servers running arcade game settings. These settings rapidly diluted the PR experience, and so the license was put in place as a method to ensure servers were only able to change a limited number of variables. It was not something we took lightly, and the license agreement was drafted with legal advice, which mirrored that fact.

We retain various rights over the PR server files for this reason, and we trust the community server admins to run PR with the traditional team based realism ethos that has made PR so successful to date. We are very proud of the fact that the vast majority of server admins are accomodating to this fact and put in many hours of work ensuring their servers are run well.

Due to the attitude taken, the decision was made to revoke 10th Community's server license and place a ban on the server admin's account, as well as some further steps. This was not the first time we've had problems with this particular server admin, so experience spoke volumes.

It was not a decision that was taken lightly, and not something we enjoy using. We do however wish to make it clear that the Team is serious about the legally binding server license agreement. If you do not like the agreement, we would ask that you do not run a PR server. We would appreciate the community's support in this as the core reasons behind it is to ensure the ethos of PR, not just as a mod, but as a community.

Thank you.

The Project Reality Team

"By profession I am a soldier, and take pride in that fact. But I am prouder, infinitely prouder, to be a father". - Gen Douglas MacAurthur.
-Proud wearer of motorcycle helmets since 1998.
Last edited by Gaz; 12-20-2009 at 03:54 PM..
Old 12-19-2009, 08:53 PM   #2
Norwegian Faction Lead
Supporting Member

Default Re: 10th MEU Community Server license revoked.

I am pretty sure you have the support of the PR community in any and all decisions, this is no different

It is easy to understand the decisions made, especially with those remarks from the server admin.

Thank you for cleaning up.

Old 12-19-2009, 09:03 PM   #3

good choice, i support your decision
Old 12-19-2009, 09:04 PM   #4
Supporting Member

Great to see that the PR team retains the power to remove immature servers and their admins. I love the fact that when I join a PR server I can be sure of their commitment and high level of maturity amongst the admins. I am suprised that this does not happen more often as the internet seems to bring out the worst in some individuals. Lets forget about this incident and move on with the project that PR is.
Last edited by TheLean; 12-19-2009 at 09:21 PM..
Old 12-19-2009, 09:07 PM   #5

Send a message via Skype™ to FuzzySquirrel

Eh, I've know c0cal1n for a while and he runs one of the better pr servers. I'm pretty sure there's servers more worthy of having their license revoked...

Old 12-19-2009, 09:14 PM   #6

What does that mean for the server exactly?
They can't run PR anymore or something?
Old 12-19-2009, 09:16 PM   #7
[10th] Totalverweigerung

Send a message via Skype™ to [10th] Totalverweigerung

c0ca was banned from theese forums, this is what he wanted me to post here:

I am ashamed for what I wrote to Ancientman, don`t know what was going on but was totally drunken and apologize my very very childish behavior...

I didnt run the map, just said to do so.
we will not run it, its for the event and I respect that as I did before.

I hope you accept my apologies for the shit I wrote...
I didnt mean anything seriously, dont remember anything of this... sadly... and it`s complete nosense, I know...

Old 12-19-2009, 09:27 PM   #8

"i'm sorry honey. i was drunk, you have to believe me"

Old 12-19-2009, 09:34 PM   #9
Supporting Member

Originally Posted by hiberNative View Post

I say f him, he shouldn't have been on his comp drunk. I do agree with Fuzzy on the part that there are more servers that should be reviewed.

Panem Today,
Panem Tomorrow,
Panem Forever.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:39 PM   #10

Send a message via Skype™ to paratrooper[BG]

Originally Posted by hiberNative View Post
lol hiber

Closed Thread

10th, community, license, meu, revoked, server