project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
18 Mar 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread
Old 05-22-2006, 03:34 PM   #1
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Arrow Battlefield 2 Patch 1.3 and PRMM Notification

Hey Folks,

Electronic Arts will be releasing v1.3 of Battlefield 2 sometime in the near future. As with all patches to the base BF2 game, mod teams have to make sure their mods are compatible with the patch and possibly release an update to their mods to fix any compatability issues.

In the event BF2 v1.3 is incompatible with Project Reality Mini Mod v0.3, we hope to be able to release a small patch shortly after the BF2 v1.3 patch. If there are no severe incompatabilities, we'll announce that as soon as we've had time to verify.

If you can't live without Project Reality for a few days, we strongly recommend that you do not install BF2 v1.3 until the Project Reality Team posts an "official" notification about compatability.

We'll do our best to post a BF2 v1.3 update in a timely manner and, if necessary, get a patch out as quick as we can.

Old 05-22-2006, 03:42 PM   #2

I'm going to trust you guys to get the quick fix out quick... I want to install it to try the airdropping cars out and see how they messed that up, in which case I presume you'll add a quick patch to remove that feature until you've PRMMilized it. According to the BF2 site the Najing can be parachuted with 5 parachutes. I'm not sure if they added that recently or it was always there, but I wonder if they actually add multi parachutes or make them drop with a supply drop style 'chute...
Old 05-22-2006, 03:42 PM   #3
Operations Management

Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]2Slick4U Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]2Slick4U

Thanks egg!

Public Relations Lead / Website Administrator

[R-DEV]epoch says: I'm not a wanker, I'm a twat.
[R-DEV]epoch says: I was on holiday in June of 1985. The only album I brought with me was Wham!.
Old 05-22-2006, 03:46 PM   #4

cool, hope theres no problems!
Old 05-22-2006, 04:41 PM   #5

Send a message via MSN to superdj Send a message via Yahoo to superdj

there's bound to be
(sorry, i'm a realist :{)
Old 05-22-2006, 05:00 PM   #6

There might not be. You never know. Lets hope there isn't

Deuce Four
Old 05-22-2006, 05:06 PM   #7

you know theres a petition about this V1.3 as they are going to eliminate spawning up with you squad leader, if you guys wanna sign it I'll dig up a link
Old 05-22-2006, 05:15 PM   #8

That's not true. What the patch is going to do is disallow spawning at a squad leader unless you've died once in that squad already. PRMM already addresses this issue by adding 30 seconds to your spawn timer when attempting to join a squad while dead. This change is fine. If you're against banning an exploit, why are you even here?
Old 05-22-2006, 05:54 PM   #9
Retired PR Developer

Originally Posted by Malik
I'm going to trust you guys to get the quick fix out quick...
Don't 'trust', just hope for the best. An 'unwritten' rule in programing/software development is that things that can/should be easely fixed....are not.

I'm sure you will all agree that it is better to wait a little longer (maybe "a little" is too subjective, but you know what I mean) to get something that works better than get something out quick and screw things up.

Old 05-23-2006, 04:44 AM   #10

Originally Posted by Malik
If you're against banning an exploit, why are you even here?
Give me a break. Just because he's against the change of this particular game mechanic, now he's "against banning exploits". Its been in the game since it was released and they knew it was there, and people have been squad hopping since it's release and they did nothing. If it was some big scary exploit they would have fixed it ASAP, right? And don't give me "Pssht, its EA" bullshit. It's only being taken out of the game because it basically makes the game retarded when there is 1 guy in a base then there are 6 guys. It can barely even be considered an exploit, if at all. And obviously no one's going to punish for doing this exploit... sucks that all the vBF2 servers are filled with exploiters! It also sucks that the competition side of BF2 says "No exploits" yet teams squad hop all the time and go unpunished! What is the world coming to?

FYI, I'm all for removing squadhopping. Just don't try to brand someone as something because they don't agree with you.
Closed Thread

battlefield, notification, patch, prmm