project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Suggestions Archives
20 Mar 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2007, 12:27 AM   #1

Default Muttrah - Swimmin to carrier

God i hate it !
I join a server.. spawn on the carrier ..hearin a G3 in my back, got hit and fallen down to the hard ground of the carrier deck.
Whats up ?!
Some stupid MEC guy is swimmin 1 mile to a carrier .. AHH !! GOD !
With 30 kg of equiptment .. with cotton clothes .. weight another 5 kg.
To a Carrier .. yeah an the guys simply swim into it to kill all the peoples on deck.
Sorry but in my opinion this .. NEVER gonna happen in a real war... in a real war a Carrier is moven in every second for take off or landing actions , because they need the wind of moven for take off (on a CVN).
It sucks pretty hard when people spawn with RPG`s on the deck and begin to kill the Little Birds or Blackhawks.
Is there a way to fix it ? So there get killed by swimmin to long or by nearin a uncapable flag.

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."
- Winston Churchill
Old 02-16-2007, 12:39 AM   #2

I was going to say that nothing could be done but I forgot that the devs already figured out how to make an area off limits to one team. Perhaps any MEC out more than 20m should be given a warning and then killed.

Thanks luizinhuu for the find

People are hopelessly ignorant of their own ignorance.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:46 AM   #3

Yeah it would be great.
Same for US Forces or Brits .. or PLA on other maps with uncapable bases.
Spawnraping is the lamest thing on earth.

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."
- Winston Churchill
Old 02-16-2007, 01:53 AM   #4

Send a message via MSN to Freshmeat

Ye would be good they can do it in the Hills of Hamoying
Old 02-16-2007, 02:38 AM   #5

Old 02-16-2007, 02:49 AM   #6
Retired PR Developer

Good point. I don't think we ever changed the 'drowning' time from vBF2. There really is no reason for players to be able to swim such a long distance.

Ruthless Executioner of 280 SpamBots

Retired Lead Coder for Project Reality - 0.25 through 0.4
Old 02-16-2007, 03:05 AM   #7

yeah the soldiers might be a little too good in swimming.
But then again, you could just look at the sea while waiting for a ride and kill the mec guys who are swimming.
Old 02-16-2007, 03:18 AM   #8
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Dunehunter

Well, I've tried swimming it in the past, and it's not easy if one guy spots you, you're as good as dead.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:17 AM   #9

Yeah but the little black MEc`s in the water.. no one pays them attention .. its only frustrating and as i said very unrealistic to swim a mile with this equiptment.

- Winston Churchill
Old 02-16-2007, 05:23 AM   #10
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to MrD

Give a thought to the MEC's !!! They are probably just frustrated it's taking so long for you guys to get to them that they've had to come to you at the carrier. Besides, when they get there they have to make sure they aren't killed by littlebirds sliding off the deck and landing on them!

[R-MOD]Mongolian Dude:
AH man, sarcasm is so hard to get across the web, even if we are both british
[R-DEV]Jaymz: That has to be...the most epic response to a welcome thread I have ever seen. [R-CON]Mr.D ladies and gentlemen!

carrier, muttrah, swimmin