project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.4 Feedback Forum
19 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2006, 12:45 PM   #41
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Personally I think this map needs to be blanced out a little more, the brits dont really have much to boost them up the hill i feel and i find it turns into a stale mate with the brits finding it really hard to get up the hilll. This is when you have alot of people in the server.

With china haveing the high ground, arty, MG nests, sniper spots ect and the brits only have a little bit of cover here and there its really hard for them to get up the hill if the PLA are defending it right useing all there tools.

Maybe what is needed is this map to be changed so that the brits have the option of ither capping the radio dugout or the i think its called south flank first? and maybe anouther flag? with also more cover going up the hill and more ways to get up. Due to the terrain its really hard to know what bits your player can climb and what he cant.

But i dont think that will be enouth to be honest, the brits / US will need anouther advantage to get them up that hill with even balance fight.

I would suggest something like a tank, but thats kinda useless on this terrain

Maybe import the thing onto a 1024x2 map and then make the front line bigger, with also more flags and more routs to attack from. Then turn this map into a front line sort of game mode

That way the PLA forces will need to spread there defences out, Brits/US can group up a main attack to push and brake though one part of the defence.

When attacking a fortified line the attacking side really needs a 3:1 ratio of forces or above to be successful according to stats from WW1 and WW2.

With what we have right now its a 1.5:1 ratio (around abouts) as what ever part of the front line you are on, you can see the attacking forces climbing what ever part of the hill cos of the view distance.

So ither increase the size of the map, or 2, get a photon code to force the team ratios of this map so that it is something like 2:1 when AutoBlance is on

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:53 PM   #42
Ninjo

I get even worse performance on this map than any other, Basrah might lag bad for the first minute or so but this one seems to just a bit constantly. That being said, I agree that the Brits probably need something cool to get them into a better position to fight (however having far superior weapons like SA80 w/ optics does help alot).
Old 11-15-2006, 03:54 PM   #43
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Ninjo
I get even worse performance on this map than any other, Basrah might lag bad for the first minute or so but this one seems to just a bit constantly. That being said, I agree that the Brits probably need something cool to get them into a better position to fight (however having far superior weapons like SA80 w/ optics does help alot).
yep, the susat is one boost, but it dose need alot more...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:03 PM   #44
NikovK
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino
When attacking a fortified line the attacking side really needs a 3:1 ratio of forces or above to be successful according to stats from WW1 and WW2.
The moral is to the physical as three to one. Napoleon approves this attack!

Mapper of Road to Kyongan'Ni and Hills of Hamgyong;
Genius behind many Really Stupid Ideas, and some Decent Ones.

Old 11-16-2006, 03:11 PM   #45
Lucid Nightmare

I love this map. Have only played it once though. Serious fighting and tactics going on here. The bleed really does need to stop when the brits have capped the first flag.

Probably one of the best squad sessions I had on this map. Was playing as brits.
My squad was hiding behind that rocky outcropping just below the first flag. I was off to the side a bit so I could call in arty. I called down arty on the flag (arty is perfect. Covers that whole area). As it was falling, one of them threw up a grappelling hook. As soon as the arty finished, I shot some smoke up there for them using my grenade launcher. They all climed up, mopped up the remaining survivours and dug in. I then moved up to provide spawn and support.

It looked very cool from where I was sitting.

I put the "laughter" into "manslaughter".
Old 11-16-2006, 05:48 PM   #46
.:iGi:.U.G.H.

We got as far as bunker as UK today withing a pretty shot period of time but still only won by 10 tickets. The bleed seems wrong there.

Also, taking bunker was nightmare with about 50 tk'S from both sides! Was mental!!!!

We are recruiting high skill players for PR -
Old 11-16-2006, 08:39 PM   #47
NikovK
Retired PR Developer

I've put in for some changes. Bleed will stop after the British capture Radio Dugout, but will slow after capturing South Flank. Both sides get more tickets although British will have a slightly more favorable ratio. This should address the immediate concerns (along with some view distance reductions for computer load), and serve to improve everyone's play until a few more optimization changes come into play and the attackers are returned to USMC.

Mapper of Road to Kyongan'Ni and Hills of Hamgyong;
Genius behind many Really Stupid Ideas, and some Decent Ones.

Old 11-16-2006, 08:43 PM   #48
MrD
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to MrD

What about the fact that the Brits cannot physically reach the lower floor of the bunker? Can taking the flag be extended to the floor above it so one day someone might actually take it (it's harder than a rubix cube)
Old 11-17-2006, 12:49 AM   #49
Lucid Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]NikovK
and the attackers are returned to USMC.
So we aren't playing the brits anymore then?

I put the "laughter" into "manslaughter".
Old 11-17-2006, 01:35 AM   #50
Tykwertheterrible

why is there a HUGE field of bushes in the no go zone? to kill my computer or is there a flag over there in the 64 player version? freaking AWESOME map, horrible lag. im looking forward to the optimized versions of all these great maps, if they can truely be optimized. all the little bunkers and spider holes are so neat!

Tags
feedback, hamgyong, hills, map, project, reality, v04