project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives
18 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2005, 03:26 PM   #41
Evilhomer
Retired PR Developer

The UV's for all vehicles are complex. Best way I find is if you mark a certain area red, then see where it transpires to on the model itself. its really annoying but its great to see the final product!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-26-2005, 03:32 PM   #42
requiem
Project Founder
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Evilhomer
The UV's for all vehicles are complex. Best way I find is if you mark a certain area red, then see where it transpires to on the model itself. its really annoying but its great to see the final product!
Or get in touch with me and I can provide a ref. grid which works magic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-26-2005, 06:03 PM   #43
GunnyHighway

Finally something to replace the outdated but excellent OFP!
Old 01-01-2006, 08:08 AM   #44
Hitperson
Retired Tournament Lead

can we use the OH-58 to ligh up targets for the apache OFP style.

Harrod200:"Fire.exe has committed an illegal operation and has been shut down"
Raniak : "Warning: May crash if fired upon."
M4sherman: "like peter pan but with tanks"
[R-MOD]Eddiereyes909 (on sim tower) "It truly was the game of my childhood and has led to me getting my degree in industrial engineering."
Old 01-02-2006, 02:25 AM   #45
ProPilot!

Very nice WIP. I hope i will be accepted as a skinner so maybe i can work on it

Old 01-02-2006, 08:51 AM   #46
Battlefield2.nl
Send a message via ICQ to Battlefield2.nl Send a message via MSN to Battlefield2.nl

Check this image...

I know this model you posted is a WIP, eventhough, I'd like you to say that the things you should really work on... is DETAIL. The smallest details make a vehicle so nice. Look at the wipers, don't forget those to put on as a model. We all have good enough hardware to render a few more faces.

The lights, the cannon (should have much more detail), the rotors, the engine.

Just make this baby not just a model like in DesertCombat, make it a Reality quality Longbow.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:02 AM   #47
Evilhomer
Retired PR Developer

I believe that the apache has as many polies as the guidelines that we used would allow us. just like all of our models, they are not served justice until the skin is placed on them, then I think you shall agree that the apache will be a great asset, and not a desert combat toy, but a reality machine!

Old 01-02-2006, 09:51 AM   #48
Battlefield2.nl
Send a message via ICQ to Battlefield2.nl Send a message via MSN to Battlefield2.nl

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Evilhomer
I believe that the apache has as many polies as the guidelines that we used would allow us. just like all of our models, they are not served justice until the skin is placed on them, then I think you shall agree that the apache will be a great asset, and not a desert combat toy, but a reality machine!
I'm not saying the model isn't good. And yes, I know textures make a lot of diffirence, not to mention the bf2 shaders that will be added in-game. I also have made models and I can predict quite well how this is going to look when it's done with textures. I'm just saying that you guys should put the tiny details, the modelled details, to make this baby really "woaw". Take a look at Desert-Conflict's Longbow in their gallery on page 4. They did a pretty good job, though, looking at above's picture, I still think there's work to do.

Keep up the good work, I'm hoping to see some more progress
Old 01-02-2006, 05:05 PM   #49
Beckwith

Send a message via AIM to Beckwith Send a message via MSN to Beckwith Send a message via Yahoo to Beckwith

I think your jumping the gun so to speak the image they posted is a very rough WIP, if you look at some of the older WIP's like the Harrier or Challenger 2 and compare them with what has recently been released of them you'd notice theyve come quite along way. It wouldnt suprise me if the Apache model has come quite far as well they just havent unpdated it.

Old 01-03-2006, 05:52 AM   #50
Wolfmaster
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-PUB]Beckwith
I think your jumping the gun so to speak the image they posted is a very rough WIP, if you look at some of the older WIP's like the Harrier or Challenger 2 and compare them with what has recently been released of them you'd notice theyve come quite along way. It wouldnt suprise me if the Apache model has come quite far as well they just havent unpdated it.
Yep, I agree. This WIP was posted in March 2005, which is a long way back, and I'm sure things have improved a lot. I would like to see what it looks like atm, so we can compare it with the first WIP.

"Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics... Even if you win, you're still retarded."
- self-deprecating humor ftw -

Tags
apache, longbow, model, stigger, wah64, wip