project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives
18 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2005, 03:47 PM   #51
BrokenArrow
Retired PR Developer

haha then i have to ask what are you doin playing bf2???? haha

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-10-2005, 04:48 PM   #52
solodude23

Send a message via AIM to solodude23 Send a message via Yahoo to solodude23

The ways tanks are now can get annoying if your not the one in it. They can be fun, but they are always on your ass and they have some uber driver/gunner/loader/commander guys in them controlling all at once.

It also looks alot more cool and realistic when they need a crew of people.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:33 PM   #53
BrokenArrow
Retired PR Developer

but i have to ask, who would want to sit there and load the rounds... maybe a driver and a gunner team would work out with of course the MG on the top but a whole crew? i dont think thats practical

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:39 PM   #54
solodude23

We didn't say a whole crew. Read Ducks last suggestion.

Pretty much the hole crew, but the gunner is also the loader, well, it automatically loads as if there was a loader.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:41 PM   #55
BrokenArrow
Retired PR Developer

ohh alright

Old 07-10-2005, 06:47 PM   #56
m0ldym1lk

Send a message via AIM to m0ldym1lk

Quote:
Originally Posted by solodude23
DCR had the Driver/Commander combined, like my second suggestion.
I could've sworn they were separate? Hm. Maybe I'm thinking of another game. OFP, Red Orchestra, one of those probably.

Old 07-10-2005, 06:56 PM   #57
solodude23

Yeah I was skeptical about it origonally when playing DCR. But when you actually have a crew in in that works together well and knows how to make it easier for the rest of the players it can be alot more fun than being in it on your own.

In BF2 I think it would be even more fun and easy, since you could use both red flashing spotted targets and the 3D map for easier communication in between the Commander and gunner. Another thing is that you will get tons of teamwork points as the gunner gets kills, so you all are counted in for getting the kills.

Also, to even it out a bit (and of course add to realism) things such as hand grenades and grenade launcher rounds should not do damage to tanks, so theres a larger chance of lasting a longer time in a tank with your crew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0ldym1lk
Quote:
Originally Posted by solodude23
DCR had the Driver/Commander combined, like my second suggestion.
I could've sworn they were separate? Hm. Maybe I'm thinking of another game. OFP, Red Orchestra, one of those probably.
I know OFP has all different positions for sure but I have never played RO.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:32 AM   #58
Ugly Duck

Ro is driver/gunner/commander.
DCR was driver/gunner/commnander but they combined driver and commander

I'd like a system where there are all three, but driver can fullfill the role of commander if there are a small # of people, but it's still an advantage to have a full crew.
Old 07-11-2005, 12:33 PM   #59
CHIKEN

You probably could do that... If you make two versions of the tank one with three spots and only stick them in 64 player servers it would work out fine.

But at least in RO the secondary gunner had a gun on the front of the tank he could control. I cant really thing of another task someone could do in a modern tank...besides loading weaponry... Unless it was feasible to have this third spot free to reduce load time and award them one resupply point whilst doing so.

Sitting in a cramped space loading shells non-stop is not the highest fun factor rated task in a tank.

Old 08-11-2005, 09:17 AM   #60
British_Sas

cant wait to see it skinned !!

Jø$h

Tags
challenger, mbt, model, revised, stigger, wip