project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives
22 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2006, 06:30 PM   #21
[R-DEV]2Slick4U
Operations Management
PR Server License Administrator

Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]2Slick4U Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]2Slick4U

This website would need to be nothing more then a forum to start off with imho.
Make a folder in your root called forums or whatever...install your forums there...and have a re-direct in your root pointing to the forums. That way you are all set if you ever want to implement an entire website.

Just my thoughts.

-Slick

Public Relations Lead / Website Administrator

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]epoch says: I'm not a wanker, I'm a twat.
[R-DEV]epoch says: I was on holiday in June of 1985. The only album I brought with me was Wham!.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:01 PM   #22
5dollar

I disagree slick.
If us "volunteers" go for realitytactics.com or whatever then I reckon a simplistic frontpage offering info without the need to register. It would be pref to a phpbb login page for instance!

(OP suggests website for vets & new alike)
Old 07-12-2006, 07:33 PM   #23
RikiRude
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via AIM to RikiRude Send a message via MSN to RikiRude

I agree there should be some kind of front page, but it would mostly just be forums. A forum for news, then one with the tactics and the like, I'll draw a little something out tonight so everyone gets an idea of what we are shooting for.

Proud n00b tub3r of 5 spam bots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]2Slick4U
That's like being the smartest kid with down syndrome.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:34 PM   #24
RogueDOC

Send a message via MSN to RogueDOC

I have a FORUM that is not much in use. SMF is a great board. Also the front page is JOOMLA wraped in the SMF skin.

CORPSMAN - Usually a young, long haired, bearded, Marine-hatin' Sailor with certain medical skills, who will go through the very gates of Hell to get to a wounded Marine.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:44 PM   #25
[R-DEV]2Slick4U
Operations Management
PR Server License Administrator

Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]2Slick4U Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]2Slick4U

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5dollar
I disagree slick.
If us "volunteers" go for realitytactics.com or whatever then I reckon a simplistic frontpage offering info without the need to register. It would be pref to a phpbb login page for instance!

(OP suggests website for vets & new alike)

I disagree that you disagree.

It should be a snazzy flash intro.

-Slick

Public Relations Lead / Website Administrator

[R-DEV]epoch says: I'm not a wanker, I'm a twat.
[R-DEV]epoch says: I was on holiday in June of 1985. The only album I brought with me was Wham!.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:09 PM   #26
Viper5

Intro should be a cool movie of a squad conquering using tactics
Old 07-12-2006, 09:58 PM   #27
Dylan

Send a message via MSN to Dylan

I know, the PR menu movie. (if allowed :P) It IS a great video, imo, and shows off teamwork/tactics.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:24 PM   #28
RikiRude
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via AIM to RikiRude Send a message via MSN to RikiRude

Yeah I like the idea of having a video in the beginning. That would definatly be cool.

Proud n00b tub3r of 5 spam bots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]2Slick4U
That's like being the smartest kid with down syndrome.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:30 PM   #29
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan
I know, the PR menu movie. (if allowed :P) It IS a great video, imo, and shows off teamwork/tactics.
I made that

EDIT: and intros on sites suck big time. If you are going to use flash, use it in the right way and have a flash banner or somthing.

Old 07-12-2006, 11:33 PM   #30
Dylan

Send a message via MSN to Dylan

Oh, well we are just excited Rhino. I guess, now that I think about it, sites with flash intros do turn me off. Please do not induce one.

Tags
project, reality, teamplay, website