project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives
31 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2006, 04:56 PM   #81
G.Drew

Send a message via MSN to G.Drew

interesting....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-COM]BloodBane611: I do like the old school rape...However, it's a bit awkward to be a white boy blasting the old school in public....
Old 05-25-2006, 05:27 PM   #82
G.Drew

ah-ha!
found an AA portable for use for support/engineer:
http://www.zid.ru/en/products/military/igla.html
PLA/MEC answer to the STINGER!
(look down the bottom for video clips)

[R-COM]BloodBane611: I do like the old school rape...However, it's a bit awkward to be a white boy blasting the old school in public....
Old 05-25-2006, 05:50 PM   #83
[R-DEV]Bob_Marley
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-PUB]maverick
Special Forces: Khyabar KH2002
Sniper : SVD (4 mags)
Assault :HK33 + HK79A1
Medic : G3A7A1
Engineer : SMG PK Type 1 or SMP5
AT : SMP5-K
Support : RPK-74
Wouldnt the HK23 make more sense for the MEC support weapon in this idea? It just seems odd to me to have a SAW that uses a different calibre to the primary assault rifle.

The key to modernising any weapon is covering them in glue and tossing them in a barrel of M1913 rails until they look "Modern" enough.

Many thanks to [R-DEV]Adriaan for the sig!
Old 05-25-2006, 05:53 PM   #84
the.ultimate.maverick
Banned

Haven't seen the HK23 in service in the MEC region - doing some searching now
Old 05-26-2006, 05:41 AM   #85
Tinkerbell

Send a message via MSN to Tinkerbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by six7
Why should the MEC move backwards? In forming the MEC, these Middle Eastern countires would most likely standardize their armaments. This would be the perfect time to modernize their militaries. If a MEC could ever be formed, it would most likely control around 4/5 of the world's crude oil resources. Money would be no issue. Just because Russia doesn't issue their troops a weapon doesn't mean they won't export it. Russia needs the money, and the MEC would have the money necessary.
Izmash, the main manufacturer of russian weapons, isn't taking ANY external orders at the moment. not one. not even if you wanted 1,000,000 AK-108's would they make you them. they've just had a phenomonal order from the russian military itself, we're talking tieing up probably manufacturing plant in russia for at least a couple of years.

Russia is... well... russia. It's what the MEC should've been, before this whole middle east thing kicked off and the chaps at EA decided to change the russian side into the 'MEC' - not hard, change the skins, a few names, and the voices. much simpler than changing the guns too. (this is of course, entirely my own opinion, mind)

Well, i'll support whatever the PRMM team want to do...

apart from give H&K's new baby to the MEC.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:57 AM   #86
dunkellic

yeah, you dont really think that ea decided that there should be middleeasterns instead of russians just by the way, because they got more attention?
...rly?...
i mean, even in movies russians weren´t an enemy since the collapse of the soviet union, i dont think it is much different here
Old 05-26-2006, 08:23 AM   #87
Tinkerbell

Send a message via MSN to Tinkerbell

EA is an american company, right? American and russia never have been the best of friends, even since the 'collapse'.

That and the fact the other side is the Chinese.

Russia and china forces have been on numerous training things, showing a link. i can't find any links between the Middle east and china.

And yes, I really do beleive that EA decided that the middle eastern people would be a 'better' enemy for the US.
Old 05-26-2006, 09:45 AM   #88
Katarn
Retired PR Developer

Mav, aren't norincos just semi-auto AK clones? At least one of their models is.
This one: http://www.cdg.net/forums/viewtopic....650047#6650047
Last edited by Katarn; 05-26-2006 at 09:52 AM..
Old 05-26-2006, 10:04 AM   #89
G.Drew

thats EXACTLY wat they are!
but are they REALLY still using type 56's?

Old 05-26-2006, 11:46 AM   #90
dunkellic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell
EA is an american company, right? American and russia never have been the best of friends, even since the 'collapse'.

That and the fact the other side is the Chinese.

Russia and china forces have been on numerous training things, showing a link. i can't find any links between the Middle east and china.

And yes, I really do beleive that EA decided that the middle eastern people would be a 'better' enemy for the US.
yes, because there are 3 independant forces, russia and china would have been more of an alliance aaaaand ea may be american, but dice is in sweden (or norway or denmark^^)
seriously, it´s just that your 0815 villian isn´t a russian names "ivan" or something like that, nowadays it´s someone named "ali" or "ahmed" and he is in most cases of arabian origin

Tags
handk, model, mp7, weapon, wip